VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Changing Season [Ch.5] [Storyteller97]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

Piat

Feb 26, 2020
you dpwnload chapter 4 but inside there is chapter 3. This is alright?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Thanks for the support. I think many people who played this update are underestimating what the "job" represents, why this was speficially chosen. It's not just an avenue to meet new women. That's part of it sure, but nothing is by chance. The job's main purpose is to serve as a vehicle to drive the story forward, because everyone the mc will meet through this service is connected in one way or another with the other characters.
wild speculation :
Lana is highly involved , and is trying to get Jane in it too
dont know about Lily - but somethings fishy in my opinion

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
I didn't ask alex or jenny to the dance but game acts like i asked alex now i have to go with her ???
In the summary correctly stated you didn't ask alex to the dance.

Same shit on the jenny route i ask jenny but game acts like i asked both.

Last edited:

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
I didn't ask alex or jenny to the dance but game acts like i asked alex now i have to go with her ???
In the summary correctly stated you didn't ask alex to the dance.
From what it looks like you have to go to the dance with one of the two aka it's non skippable or at least that is what it looks like I mean I'm not saying no to Jenny but that's me as I asked Jenny to the dance.

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
No i'm pretty sure its a bug
Don't know myself as only played this for the first time a few days ago and that is what it looks like to me that the dance is unskippable, but the going with Alex part when you didn't ask her is more than likely a bug.

Though best to wait for the dev to see the post and give you an answer or edit your post and tag the dev in it.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Don't know myself as only played this for the first time a few days ago and that is what it looks like to me that the dance is unskippable, but the going with Alex part when you didn't ask her is more than likely a bug.

Though best to wait for the dev to see the post and give you an answer or edit your post and tag the dev in it.
just checked my save on saveeditor and alexdance variable is set to true instead of false, could be because of the walkthrough mod but i see no one has complained about it.

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
just checked my save on saveeditor and alexdance variable is set to true instead of false, could be because of the walkthrough mod but i see no one has complained about it.
It could be the case, I have a similar bug without the walkthrough I asked Jenny but for some reason it said I asked both but when I went to a previous save and got to the bit it said I didn't as I'm sure I picked all the options favouring Jenny but it didn't like it the first try, I'll prob start again when ch4 is at full release then beta.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Figured it out the bug happens when you get the summary for chapter 3 when the alexdance appears on the save as true, i just used saveeditor to change it to 0.

Reactions: MOAR Cowbell

erkper

May 16, 2018
Actually the bug was mentioned several times a page or two back, and fixed by the dev. If you re-download and re-install (or grab the fixed scripts.rpy the dev posted) it will fix the bug on a new playthrough.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hm can't say i was really happy with how Lily was handled this ep.
I mean u see a new 'large' wound, which seems clearly self inflicted and mc just let it slide...i mean sex would be the last thing on my mind in that situation, but seems necessary for a love path...

The girl needs a therapist not a bf, i'm a bit curious how the route continues. But with a serve mental illness as theme i can't really imagine it will be a really satisfying path, considering the amount of LI's and the limited screentime they get.

Really hope for more Jane in the next update.

Last edited:

LouWill

Feb 3, 2018
Hm can't say i was really happy with how Lily was handled this ep.
I mean u see a new 'large' wound, which seems clearly self inflicted and mc just let it slide...i mean sex would be the last thing on my mind in that situation, but seems necessary for a love path...

The girl needs a therapist not a bf, i'm a bit curious how the route continues. But with a serve mental illness as theme i can't really imagine it will be a really satisfying path, considering the amount of LI's and the limited screentime they get.

Really hope for more Jane in the next update.
You should use spoilers.
I wouldn't say the mc let it slide, as much as they put a button on it. The thing is though when someone is actually self-harming and depressed to that extent, hearing more bad news isn't a solution either. They might spiral and get worse. She wouldn't have invited him if she didn't want intimacy at that moment.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
You should use spoilers.
I wouldn't say the mc let it slide, as much as they put a button on it. The thing is though when someone is actually self-harming and depressed to that extent, hearing more bad news isn't a solution either. They might spiral and get worse. She wouldn't have invited him if she didn't want intimacy at that moment.
Sorry forget the spoiler and corrected it.

Yes do to job reasons i'm familiar with the thematic of mental diseases & traumata.
Thought i'm not really a fan of it in vn's, as it requires knowlege of the writer and quite a bit of talent if u want to convert it to the readers/players which in most cases don't have a deeper understanding of the thematic, like character changes,thinking,self destructive behaviour, irrational behaviour etc.
It also requires lot of focus on the specific character if u want to pull that off on a good note, that being said, if it is well done it gives the opportunity to interesting characters and character development.
But as it is in most games, do to the amount of other LI's and story that focus is hardly ever given, which makes it most of the time just a medicore reason for some superficial drama...

True in that moment she wanted it, but as the mc, it is not something u can't just ignore and go 'well than let's have sex', she's not just a random chick u don't know and never meet after the deed is done.
Let's be honest, a person with a serve mental problem is simply not relationship material, a good friend which she can trust and support her sure, relationship or rushed sex in that state a clear no.

I just would have liked a option which states that u are interested in her, want to spend a good time with her but no sex or anything rushed, as it would likely lead to more harm than good.

Reactions: Acheron32

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
True pushing her for answers would be the wrong move.
Well i'm not sure that rejecting sex is what is what is harmfull here, if u decline ur not only rejecting sex but pretty much mc made clear that he has is not interested in her, which is what hurts her imo.

Yeah i have no doubt that her story arc will be difficult to write for the dev, my main concern is mainly that there a lot of other LI's and as such the screentime for her story arc is limited.

Sunny29

Jun 3, 2018
To the developer if he can see this,

If this is the best you can do with your current workstation I can't wait to see what you can do after upgrading it. I wish you all the best and I hope you get tons of patrons. I can't wait for new renders. Cheers mate!

• Red Heart
Reactions: sotorojo and St97

Sarif119

Mar 29, 2020
Mmm interesting you say that...

For me Philly is master at renders and DocP is great at characters/humour.
However i have to say Naughty Road and AZ for story/characters are the masters hands down. AZ's quality of renders are exceptionally good.

So to admit in game that you feel you are not able to please everyone i agree is not good way to go about things...
"Naughty Road & AG" What Games They Make or Making

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes