RPGM Abandoned The Coceter Chronicles [v0.15 Beta1] [Nverjos]

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes

Jtac

Aug 27, 2017
Something similer happened to Humbird0 and he was silent for about a year and his site even went down for a while. Just give it some time.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
It is marked as abandoned because of no communication for 3 months
I assume they don't consider making the game as a job since they don't care to make a post about it.
You'd think they have a vested interest in acting like an adult and communicating with the backers, maybe they're just rich so it doesn't matter.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I assume they don't consider making the game as a job since they don't care to make a post about it.
You'd think they have a vested interest in acting like an adult and communicating with the backers, maybe they're just rich so it doesn't matter.
or maybe they are GRIEVING and not able to make a good product! Go back into the hole you were in and I hope you never have to grieve the loss of your parent EARLY in life. Perhaps you should understand the issues at hand. and read the NEXT line of my message that says what has happened. I noticed you deleted the rest of it to make your comment seem more correct, I will quote my post to make sure it's read again:

It is marked as abandoned because of no communication for 3 months, not becuase the dev said they quit. The dev lost his father three or four months ago. it is possible the dev will come back. I hope that is the case.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I also don't understand this melodrama. The dev had written that he/she has lose his/her father.

I don't want do be in this situation and I believe 99.9% of you neither. Sure we all would love to hear some news from the dev as most of us, especially in this thread, like his work and some of us even contributing some money for the game.

And for the dev milks their patreons. Is it only new for myself that Patreon has also a new setting that it didn't allow anymore to pause or cancel your payments?:evilsmile:
I only new for the new rules for adult games and, for me, they are already enough - of course from the view of the law I can understand some of this...

And as always: DON'T PANIC!

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Grieving caused by loss of family member is very, very individual state of mind, and there is no "rule" how long it should last.
I know about people who literaly for months could not force themselvs to get up out of bed just to eat after it, and not to (eventually) think wheter or not to write something on some patreon or whatever, so give it a break a little.
If for some of you is normal for one to "recover" and start to think about patreon and games after XY amount of time, you also need to understand that for somebody else that is not normal.
People and their personalities are different, so... entire world is not obligated to act in ways one think it should...

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I also don't understand this melodrama. The dev had written that he/she has lose his/her father.

I don't want do be in this situation and I believe 99.9% of you neither. Sure we all would love to hear some news from the dev as most of us, especially in this thread, like his work and some of us even contributing some money for the game.

And as always: DON'T PANIC!
You are correct it is not a good place to be, and this game was inspired by his father. so it can be VERY VERY touchy to work on this even if he is past much of the grief. I've lost a child and a brother and the oddest things bring them back up quickly in my head and it's almost as if i lost them yesterday. I personally had to reduce my patronage to $1 for now because I want to know when he comes back and will bump it back up to the $20 mark once it clears. IF people would stop and think hey if you're giving money and you want to stop while he isn't producing that's fine just do it and you can even say you're doing it but don't make it about how it's the dev's fault we haven't gotten anything recently, and two: if you aren't giving money just relax and wait this dev is very passionate about this game and will be back, this is the longest he has gone without contact.

Grieving caused by loss of family member is very, very individual state of mind, and there is no "rule" how long it should last.
I know about people who literaly for months could not force themselvs to get up out of bed just to eat after it, and not to (eventually) think wheter or not to write something on some patreon or whatever, so give it a break a little.
If for some of you is normal for one to "recover" and start to think about patreon and games after XY amount of time, you also need to understand that for somebody else that is not normal.
People and their personalities are different, so... entire world is not obligated to act in ways one think it should...
You are very correct that there is no rule how long you grieve for anything, not only the loss of a close family member. hell I was married for 6 years, and I'm still affected occassionally by that and it's been almost 20 years since it was over. I'm here trying to counter the negative "this dev is crap" bits and I loved the last two pages mostly because it was people understanding what is going on and being nice about it. The abandoned tag is not because the dev just decided i'm outtie! but because we don't know what is going on.

Flametico (another dev) lived in Puerto Rico and has been silent for months but the island is still strugling and here I just saw in my inbox a message he just posted, haven't read it yet but it's there :) I'm so glad he posted but it's been months. people finally left the threads here for his stuff. I am hoping Nverjos comes back and I want him to relax and do what needs to be done to be able to give us the best of what he has done before and even more!

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Damn, that was a really cool, quirky lil game. Very sad to see it end for the time being! tCC is definitely something to be proud of.

It's so rare to find any sort of story involving sex that isn't bogged down by short sighted narrative and 'this happened yolo, because tiddays'. tCC has its silly moments, obviously, but they're transparently setup as humor directly from "The Fourth Wall" which is a charming persona with which to give us lucky readers our fanservice. And leaving the awkwardnesses aside, the story is actually fantastic, I was into this game as hard as I am a good book or a triple A rpg like Mass Effect, I genuinely stayed up later than I should've because I didn't want to save and quit lol. So, kudos to Courtney for starting a sick lil experience!

Should the dev ever read this:
I feel for ya, losing your Dad. It's different for everyone, and is a hard truth to live with - straight up and down no matter who you are - especially if you were close to them. Much love out to you as you recover! You have a devoted fanbase to come back to should you ever want to return to Almare.

P.S. I definitely wouldn't mind a chance to read the book tCC is based off, should you ever feel like kissing and telling, as it were.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Damn, that was a really cool, quirky lil game. Very sad to see it end for the time being! tCC is definitely something to be proud of.

It's so rare to find any sort of story involving sex that isn't bogged down by short sighted narrative and 'this happened yolo, because tiddays'. tCC has its silly moments, obviously, but they're transparently setup as humor directly from "The Fourth Wall" which is a charming persona with which to give us lucky readers our fanservice. And leaving the awkwardnesses aside, the story is actually fantastic, I was into this game as hard as I am a good book or a triple A rpg like Mass Effect, I genuinely stayed up later than I should've because I didn't want to save and quit lol. So, kudos to Courtney for starting a sick lil experience!

Should the dev ever read this:
I feel for ya, losing your Dad. It's different for everyone, and is a hard truth to live with - straight up and down no matter who you are - especially if you were close to them. Much love out to you as you recover! You have a devoted fanbase to come back to should you ever want to return to Almare.

P.S. I definitely wouldn't mind a chance to read the book tCC is based off, should you ever feel like kissing and telling, as it were.
Well you've gotten a bit of the book it's based off of because Nverjos is the one that wrote the story :) what do you mean it was quick? I slightly confused there is a good deal of content in the game.... :)

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Wait is the game on hold or completely abandoned?
Nverjos hasn't been talking much but 4 months ago his father died. I am hoping that we hear from him soon but I'm just one person and have no more connection to him than any other patreon does.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Since this game might be on hold (hopefully!) for a while, check out it's another good one.
No futa in this one... :frown:

D

Deleted member 819466

Have you checked out Wicked Choices? It's a visual novel, but kinda sorta similar feel, I think. Well written, and the renders are very good.
Long Live the Princess is a similar genre, the sex is more of a slow burn, but the writing, renders and story are first rate. It has a smart-ass hot pixie babe who is constantly thinking about sex. You play the MC and everything is from his point of view.
Thank you both <3 I'll be sure to check those out.

Reactions: Freki
4.80 star(s) 38 Votes