• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Abandoned The Coceter Chronicles [v0.15 Beta1] [Nverjos]

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Where the game exactly end's because quest log ask me to go sleep and nothing happens
you got to the end of the v15 beta then. there have been no updates since (though i'm assuming you have gotten to the point where you can change day into night correct?)

Jul 23, 2017
Just remembered this game, was one of my favourites on this forum, so sad it is abandoned but lol the dev's patreon still has 24 people supporting him even though he hasn't even posted an update on Patreon since June 2018!

Does anyone actually know what happened to the dev? Is he alright? Has he simply gone AWOL? Anyone know?

Reactions: Forix

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Just remembered this game, was one of my favourites on this forum, so sad it is abandoned but lol the dev's patreon still has 24 people supporting him even though he hasn't even posted an update on Patreon since June 2018!

Does anyone actually know what happened to the dev? Is he alright? Has he simply gone AWOL? Anyone know?
The devs Father died and haven't heard anything since.

Jul 23, 2017
Short version : Their father, who was big inspiration to the creator in all this died. After this i don't think we had new posts. Other than that all we can do is speculate.
The devs Father died and haven't heard anything since.
Oh no that's awful! I went through that a few years back, when it happened I dropped out of school for about 3 years and it took me another few years to start to feel normal again

So makes sense then especially if he was close to his dad that he hasn't come back online since. Well I hope he feels better eventually. These things do take time though

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
This game is great. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but was sad when I realized it's been abandoned. Wouldn't it be possible for a new dev to take over the development?
This question always baffles me.

What you think would happen when another Person continue the development of "any other" abandoned game?! The story would change, the characters would change, everything would be written and "drawn" from a new/different Perspective. In the end it would be a completly different game.

Reactions: lo0u

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
This game is great. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but was sad when I realized it's been abandoned. Wouldn't it be possible for a new dev to take over the development?
Basically when a dev makes a game they own the copyright to it.

In order a for a new dev to take over they have to either change the entire game and characters enough to qualify as a parody or get permission from the original dev to carry on or do it for free because the dev coud sue for any money earned on it and claim all earnings.

They would also get fan backlash because while you would think the fans would be glad to see it carried on, they only want the original dev to do it.

Alas I do fall into the latter.

I would not play a game carried on by another dev.

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not on the same page. It's completely possible to finish a story in the same spirit as the beginning. It won't be the same game it would have been if the original developer were to finish it, but it could very well end up being a great game nonetheless. You'd need a dev who really understands the character and the story, but I think it could be done.

So I agree that it would be a different game, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing if one could preserve the "spirit" of the original work. Just my two cents, is all.
So, when it would be a different game, why not making a different game. This is done. The dev will most likely not continue.

I'll be honest, i despise it completly. That is outright theft in my opinion, as long as nobody got the agreement from the developer nobody should even thinking about claiming abandoned projects just for the sake of some folks who want a continuation.

Reactions: lo0u

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
You seem to assume that I'd condone continuing someone else's work without permission from the original developer, something I'd never do. You've got a right to your own opinions, but it's possible to go about it less blatantly. It doesn't hurt to be nice, though I get it's easy to be harsher when writing online.
I never adressed you, or called you names. I don't know why you feel insulted by it.
We shared opinions. Nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Excusing the lack of asset ownership, I think you need to appreciate that if someone does pick it up then it won't BE Coceter Chronicles, it'll be an imitation of the game. Like store brand beans it'll do the job but you'll be thinking back to Heinz.

Not to mention even if the dev themselves decided to start back up again.... the game's dated. Sure it's the same engine but fan expectation of what games can and should do has moved on greatly in 5 years. Even if it was a perfect copy, which is impossible as mentioned above, it would still not "hit" in the same way as it did.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
A dev who has the skill to continue the game has the skill to make their own game, as WICKEDp4th pointed out. Why would such a dev risk all the backlash from fans who don't think the continuation "authentic" enough, risk the possibility of the original dev returning and claiming copyright, and spend enormous amounts of time and/or money to replicate the original graphics? Especially when the alternative is to make their own game that conforms to their own vision?

It might make sense to continue a popular game if the original dev turns over all the rights and assets, but I'm unaware of that ever happening.

Sure, we can dream about continuations under a new author (the abandonment of Valiant Warrior Astrid hurts even more than this) but that's just dreaming. Reality says no.

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018

Imagination
He passed away yesterday evening, after five years of struggling

Yes, I was one of the game testers and spell checkers for Nverjos and yes this game was his world but based on what his dad was doing for him or her. so read the Patreon Post and that Naught James, is me, the tester, the helper that was working with Nverjos to make sure the game worked

3y
the sad thing is that the father was the idea behind most of the story, so now with the father gone, the drive for making the game is over. So yea I was one of the early supporters and stream the game but it has been a while since anything from the game dev, so sadly the game is now considered abandoned but places like F95

Last edited:

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
When the deve decide to go back to work on this game? Becouse it is shame that this game never gonna be comlpeted. It alredy almost six years that this game is stopped it make me sad. How long somone need to stay silent for almost six after somone died. it unnatural, it like he won't stand up, man up and be strong and go ahead with this even better just to honore his father. Instead of stopping deloping this game, the thing he need to do is "Make this game even better".

Really it saddn me as well. But it need look ahead to do even better honoring the passed way by doing the best game out of it. If you thing that misreadingor misunderstand. Man it pass lot of years. And in not honoring by abbandoning a good prject like this. The game is amezing and still waiting for new update. And completing a game liek this would make our beloved one who passed proud. But this don't gonna make them proud by abbandonig a project like this. Hope he turn back and make them proud, by finishing this game.

It one of my favorite.

Last edited:

SmanMax

Sep 2, 2019
He's probably moved on to other things. It's not for us to say what or how he should move on, nor is it any sign of 'weakness' that he didn't pick this back up again. I believe you mean well, and that you're just expressing how much you appreciate the game...but lets keep things in perspective. To us these are just words on an electronic page, remote images with no hint of the human lives behind them.

The developer has a very different experience of his life, and the losses therein.

Best to accept the tragedy with some grace, and a tip of the hat, and move on to greener pastures. Like he did.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
When the deve decide to go back to work on this game? Becouse it is shame that this game never gonna be comlpeted. It alredy almost six years that this game is stopped it make me sad. How long somone need to stay silent for almost six after somone died. it unnatural, it like he won't stand up, man up and be strong and go ahead with this even better just to honore his father. Instead of stopping deloping this game, the thing he need to do is "Make this game even better".
:FacePalm:

How's about you go back to your project(s) instead of doling out meaningless platitudes, that the person they're aimed at won't read.

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
here the thing, there was a couple of other game dev that I was following, they never completed there game story either, but one of them game dev, was found OD and now that story will never be completed because that game dev, was complaining about life in general and his wife or girlfriend left him, so he OD himself since he couldn't take it no more. Who knows about Nverjos and what he or she is doing these days, but this is not the first time that I have seen a game go to abandon status

May 30, 2017
Yasura (i think futas name was that?) was just about to do some dirty move on Princess Lily when it got abandoned. I remember an old conversation with the dev and he said Purple / blue haired futa was going to bang Lily in next or upcoming update since i requested it like from the start of the game. Then he disappeared. :cry:

4.80 star(s) 38 Votes