Unity Abandoned The Counselor: Mind Games [Demo v0.1] [Ether Games]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Sorry again for the misunderstanding. The player, girl, and other female character full stop, or the player and another character.

Anyway the game has other issues like pacing is all over the place. For example at the very beginning MC just orders her to undress completely and she does it without second thought and then when we actually play we can tell her to Flash panties - like wtf?
The intro sequence, in where he first hypnotizes the girl, was just to show off the character model. It will be replaced with a different more fitting scene later on. I didn't want to release a demo with out at least showing her off. Especially since all I had after the first week was what you see. I had originally planned with first artist some actual cgs to place in some of the scenes, but he never got anything to me other than some sketches.

Reactions: Otis_Gein

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Sorry again for the misunderstanding. The player, girl, and other female character full stop, or the player and another character.
So
"player" + "girl"
"Player" + "girl" + "another female"
"Player" + "another character"

Last edited by a moderator:

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017

The intro sequence, in where he first hypnotizes the girl, was just to show off the character model. It will be replaced with a different more fitting scene later on. I didn't want to release a demo with out at least showing her off. Especially since all I had after the first week was what you see. I had originally planned with first artist some actual cgs to place in some of the scenes, but he never got anything to me other than some sketches.
Maybe it was better to wait for the new artist if you'd wanted to show the character? And did you make all this in a week? That's not bad coding tbf

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Also to be fair to everyone here, the scenes are unlocked via training progression and corruption level. You don't have to view a scene if you don't want to. The information before you click will be first described by the over arching training type, and then broken down into various things you can do with her. The idea is you're training her. She won't do things unless trained.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Also to be fair to everyone here, the scenes are unlocked via training progression and corruption level. You don't have to view a scene if you don't want to. The information before you click will be first described by the over arching training type, and then broken down into various things you can do with her. The idea is you're training her. She won't do things unless trained.
Well the biggest problem with that would probs be requiring X training for Y things/training and or generally missing out on content

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Maybe it was better to wait for the new artist if you'd wanted to show the character? And did you make all this in a week? That's not bad coding tbf
This is all coded from scratch in unity over the course of 30 days. The only external library I used was a tweening library to avoid using Unity's built in animation software, as it's easier and less clunky since I'm not doing 3d animations. Everything else from the tools used to make the stories and other complex data storage, and the dialog system is all mine.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
This is all coded from scratch in unity over the course of 30 days. The only external library I used was a tweening library to avoid using Unity's built in animation software, as it's easier and less clunky since I'm not doing 3d animations. Everything else from the tools used to make the stories and other complex data storage, and the dialog system is all mine.
Did you figure out how long the updates would take you? Cause you know the people here and their "were update" attitude :LOL:

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Also if youre going for semi realistic hypnosis scenario a longer and more elaborate hypno inductions would do a lot to enhance scenes.
The plan here is to use hypnosis to the point that the girl will willingly seek out experiences with the player after a certain level of corruption. So I guess semi-realistic in terms of idea planting though exercise(training)?

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Did you figure out how long the updates would take you? Cause you know the people here and their "were update" attitude
I mentioned this earlier, we're looking to do art teases, outfits, cgs ect, monthly, and aiming for bi monthly builds.

Last edited:

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
thank you, i hope that answers it for everyone.

I have 2 questions:

1. Any thoughts on animations? Even short cut-in sex loops would be nice.

2. You mentioned futanari. Will this be of the player? or other characters? (my opinion, I would prefer of the player)

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
1. Any thoughts on animations? Even short cut-in sex loops would be nice.
Mentioned earlier, as of now no animations are planned. But if budget allows and there is enough desire for it, I'd like to see some in the game. As for the cut-ins, I do plan to have the option available, if we do add animation this is probably where we'd start.

2. You mentioned futanari. Will this be of the player? or other characters? (my opinion, I would prefer of the player)
haha Also mentioned earlier, I'm not sure as the topic was brought up by the new artist as he has interest in such a character, but I'm not sure to what degree, as we haven't spoken too much on that. Most of our time was getting him up to speed with current game details and replacing the art.

Reactions: b00marrows

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I guess I'm going to try and be as clear as possible with this.
The girl will have sexual intercourse with the councilor(player) and herself via toys and masturbation.
The girl with have sexual intercourse with the councilor(player) and assisted by other female characters at his instruction. Hypno'd and not.
The councilor (player) will have options to have sexual intercourse plus other sexual and non sexual acts with other characters in the game.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
If I read the tag rules correctly, I'm not allowed to place tags that aren't actually in the game yet.
Devs usually create a separate spoiler or place "planned tags" under the existing ones.
Well, basically what you have done now in the dev notes. :giggle::coffee:
Looking good btw, i like how many there are and some of them.

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
Out of Context but if you plan on adding translations to the game later on i could help with the german translations :)

Reactions: SenPC

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Out of Context but if you plan on adding translations to the game later on i could help with the german translations :)
As unfortunate as it may sound, translation of the story will only probably come near the end of development after the stories have been more finalized. The UI however will probably continue to have translations and additional languages. On that note as I'm not a native speaker of most of them, there may be errors or minor issues with grammar or verbiage. I' am welcome to updates and or notes in regards to their translations.

Reactions: Henry1887

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
As unfortunate as it may sound, translation of the story will only probably come near the end of development after the stories have been more finalized. The UI however will probably continue to have translations and additional languages. On that note as I'm not a native speaker of most of them, there may be errors or minor issues with grammar or verbiage. I' am welcome to updates and or notes in regards to their translations.
Take Your Time :)

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
It's a shame that you can no longer work with the initial artist. I was really sold on this particular art style in a school setting and I think if that's going to change it will affect my enjoyment of the game to a significant degree. I'll keep an an eye on this game to see what the new art is like but, as I said it was the initial artwork that caught my attention on the game updates page.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote