Unity Abandoned The Counselor: Mind Games [Demo v0.1] [Ether Games]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Is this a detective game?
No, it's a trainer where you'll corrupt the mind of a girl through hypnosis.

It's a shame that you can no longer work with the initial artist. I was really sold on this particular art style in a school setting and I think if that's going to change it will affect my enjoyment of the game to a significant degree. I'll keep an an eye on this game to see what the new art is like but, as I said it was the initial artwork that caught my attention on the game updates page.
The new artist has a very similar style. This is the best I can show at the moment of the rework. A better picture will be available once he gets further along.

unknown~2.png

Disco-Inferno

May 9, 2017
The new artist has a very similar style. This is the best I can show at the moment of the rework. A better picture will be available once he gets further along.

View attachment 1738676
Hmm... Can't fault the artstyle but, feels a little too clean for the games premise when compared to the previous style. Something about the previous style also gives me vibes of Rockstars "Bully" which I think works well for the games concept.

Lewddrew

Nov 9, 2017
No, it's a trainer where you'll corrupt the mind of a girl through hypnosis.

View attachment 1738676
I really like both honestly. By seeing only the head it doesn't look too different. Could you give us any social media from the artists so we can see more of their work? (If they are ok with it)

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
When you mean "demo", do you mean that it's an early build, or that the final game will have to be purchased and the only free version will be a limited trial of it (i.e. "demo" as it's original meaning in gaming) ?

Apologises if someone already asked, I'm having a hard time focusing right now. Either way I'm gonna be keeping a lookout.

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I really like both honestly. By seeing only the head it doesn't look too different. Could you give us any social media from the artists so we can see more of their work? (If they are ok with it)
I'm not sure yet I forgot to ask, once I get a reply if yes I'll update this post with his socials.

When you mean "demo", do you mean that it's an early build, or that the final game will have to be purchased and the only free version will be a limited trial of it (i.e. "demo" as it's original meaning in gaming) ?
There will be early access builds available on Patreon as development continues, and probably occasional public builds to re-showcase new large additions.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
There will be early access builds available on Patreon as development continues, and probably occasional public builds to re-showcase new large additions.
Not to sound like a dick, but that doesn't really answer my question... I'm not about to complain if you want the end product to be a paid game, it's your work and therefor your right, but I'd rather be aware beforehand so I know to wait for a substantial demo to see if I'll buy the finished game, or if I'll just play whatever comes out as development goes on if it's not planned that way.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
yeo586 I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but... the name of the game is not using the correct English word:

A councilor is a member of a group that makes decisions. Like a "member of the City Council".

A counselor is a person who gives guidance or therapy. Like a "Student Guidance Counselor".

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Not to sound like a dick, but that doesn't really answer my question... I'm not about to complain if you want the end product to be a paid game, it's your work and therefor your right, but I'd rather be aware beforehand so I know to wait for a substantial demo to see if I'll buy the finished game, or if I'll just play whatever comes out as development goes on if it's not planned that way.
Oh sorry, yes the final game will be paid for, and there will be a demo up to some point after the intro to show off art, gameplay, and story. I would however like to follow the general norm of if you support enough on Patreon, not only would you get access to the dev builds, but also earn a copy that way too. I should have put that on the Patreon page already but had a bit of a mind lapse when setting everything up thus far. I hope this answers your question, sorry if it still doesn't >.<

@yeo586 I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but... the name of the game is not using the correct English word:

A councilor is a member of a group that makes decisions. Like a "member of the City Council".

A counselor is a person who gives guidance or therapy. Like a "Student Guidance Counselor".
Wow haha whoops, thank you for catching that! :oops:

Reactions: Rutonat

jackfox147

Jun 9, 2017
Promising game. looks like youre already setting up a system for clothing options , which i think is a great idea for getting more mileage out of the same images. love when that is done as a choice, and not as a "shortcut". I think if you implement the snapshot model instead of full animation, it can be done well in 4- 5 images. looking forward to seeing what becomes of this. Best of luck

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
looks very interesting and Hana is cute. definitely nice that she isn't just another big boob bimbo. I do like the style in this picture. the old/current one looks a bit rough/sketchy. this is nice and clean.

also, need a dialogue speed and a rollback function.

• Red Heart
Reactions: EtherGames
Sep 23, 2021
Getting this straight, so it's not going to be another Headmaster type game, but more Open Season on the character(s) involved. In any case that game is a good guideline on both dev support and for developing characters without alienating the community too much if you hadn't been aware of it.

It'll be interesting to see this develop as there's not enough games with custom artwork and it's good to see Unity finally be used for these type of games rather than shoehorning into a engine that can't handle it. Good luck with the project.

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
wait... that's a fetish O-o
I suppose not really but it's an available tag that'll be included in the tags once in the game haha

also, need a dialogue speed and a rollback function.
I hope it's working right, but there is a text speed in the options, and while there isn't a go back, if you press W you'll get a dialog history. Tho it's not saved between saves..I could add the possibility to save the history.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm I think I've heard of the game before, I'll have to look more into it though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: IllusiveVagabond

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I suppose not really but it's an available tag that'll be included in the tags once in the game haha
hmmm, suggestion: list out planned tags, possible tags and will not have tags. So it is a bit more straight forward to what will be in the game, what won't be, and what might be.

e.g. (obviously do it how you would have it though, this just an example).
Planned: Vaginal sex, anal sec etc.

Possible: Futa, Voyeurism.

Never: NTR, Sharing.

O and elaborate on other tags too, like I saw you elaborate on the multiple penetration would be worth to elaborate on the group sex as well i.e. Group Sex (Sole male).

EtherGames

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
I hope posting this here is okay..but if anyone would like to support the game a bit, I'd love it if you could go to the jam and vote on it!

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Trainer, bad educator, corruption through hypnosis. Some pretty regular ingredients, but the combination of them plus nice art could make for some good meat & potatoes dish i guess. Let's wait and see.

Dom1anon

Jun 21, 2018
I hope posting this here is okay..but if anyone would like to support the game a bit, I'd love it if you could go to the jam and vote on it!
Why are you on patreon with a game about mindcontrol and questionably aged girls? You'll get banned as soon as somebody reports you or some janny notices it.
Change platforms to some other one before you pick up steam and suddenly lose a lot of income. Patreon has become a trap for most creators at this point and your game won't work there unless you change the entire premise of it.
We really need to make more people aware of patreon's rules and their tendency to actually enforce them, way too many promising projects died because the author didn't bother reading the patreon TOS and lost everything in a single day instead of just choosing alternative funding methods.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote