jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
So just to be sure the quest for discipline can't be completed right? Because I've chosen train discipline spank, and I've spanked the maid but I'm still not getting the quest completed <-<

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
You're supposed to be able to complete it (I'm working on debugging it, thought I had fixed it), but if you are already able to spank her, thats the completion of the quest. For some reason its not completing the quest (ie checking the box and marking the quest as completed). But there is no additional content for it.

So just to be sure the quest for discipline can't be completed right? Because I've chosen train discipline spank, and I've spanked the maid but I'm still not getting the quest completed <-<

• Red Heart
Reactions: jeff100

sirsir233

Jan 7, 2024
Awesome, pls let me know!
Alright, so here is the method to play on macbook.
================================
Requirement: 1. Xcode (can install from appstore)
2. Homebrew copy and paste below line to terminal and press enter:
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL )"
or you can go to their website to debug if anything goes wrong
3. install NW.js from
==================================
Steps: 1. copy and paste to terminal then press enter : brew install node
2. Locate the nwjs you downloaded, right click and click show package contents
1722612612092.png

3. Create a new folder named app.nw under nwjs/Contents/Resouces
1722612724024.png
4. Paste all the game documents in the folder you just created
1722612801503.png
5. Now right click the nwjs and select new terminal at folder, a terminal should open after this
1722613016681.png

5. Copy and paste to terminal then press enter: sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine nwjs.app
6. Now go to the file and open : nwjs/Contents/Resouces/app.nw/packadge.json
7. Copy and paste this to the file and save:
{
"name": "Court Magician",
"main": "www/index.html",
"js-flags": "--expose-gc",
"window": {
"title": "Court Magician",
"toolbar": false,
"width": 816,
"height": 624,
"icon": "www/icon/icon.png"
}
}

8. Open the game and run.

• Star-struck
Reactions: NewGuy2020

nefar

May 16, 2017
I think my game (version 0.12.2) might by bugged, cause three of the quests with the maid won't progress.
I did make a Scrying Potion and saw the baroness plot with the maid, and i did make sootheweed Tea (but can't make her drink it), but i guess seeing the baroness and maid talk counted for the last objective of the quest?
No matter how many times I spank the maid (regardless of whether i use paddle or the crop) the Discipline quest won't complete.
And I can't order the maid to research the potion, maybe because I already did that way before I even got the quest? I also made her harvest my essence before I got the quest, but i guess it doesn't count.

Are these bugged or am I missing something?

Reactions: Jarul

sirtro

Mar 29, 2020
Hmm. I just tested it on the latest deployment and it works fine. Can you send me your save file? you can zip it and message me with it.
Sooo, that might have been on me, before I started playing I checked if there was any updates available, since I had downloaded the game a few days prior. I couldn't really find a version number on my files, since I had unpacked already and deleted the zip, wich has the version. I tried matching the file change dates and figured I had the newest already.
I redownloaded it and used my savefile, now distilling works without issue.
TL;DR: You were right, I probably had the wrong version and updating fixed it either way.
Thank you.
Quick suggestion at the end, maybe I'm just blind, but could be good to include the version number somewhere in the mainmenu or just in the foldername once unpacked.

• Hey there

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad it worked out for you! That's a good idea about the version number. I will include that in subsequent verions.

Sooo, that might have been on me, before I started playing I checked if there was any updates available, since I had downloaded the game a few days prior. I couldn't really find a version number on my files, since I had unpacked already and deleted the zip, wich has the version. I tried matching the file change dates and figured I had the newest already.
I redownloaded it and used my savefile, now distilling works without issue.
TL;DR: You were right, I probably had the wrong version and updating fixed it either way.
Thank you.
Quick suggestion at the end, maybe I'm just blind, but could be good to include the version number somewhere in the mainmenu or just in the foldername once unpacked.

Reactions: sirtro

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
I can't get distilled water to work consistently either. New game v 12.2, can make distilled water at the very beginning, but after you make the communication potion, it breaks. I tested at every interval point until it stopped working (quest to hole, talking to baron, grabbing oil from cook, etc.) the thing that broke it was making the communication potion.

As sirtro said, you can repair the ability to make distilled water by extracting the the folder and replacing files. Remember to save your globalsave file somewhere so you can overwrite the extracted file and your saves are usable. If you don't keep your global file, your saves won't show up even if they're in the folder.

• Hey there

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Are there any javascript/rpgmaker coding gurus out there interested in assisting with this project? I'm running into some of the limits of my coding abilities and would be grateful for some help.

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
Small update here. Saw a new review (thank you obromacare !), I very much appreciate the reviews, the feedback helps a lot to improve the game and I take it seriously from both my supporters and free fans.

I did want to address something that he and others have raised as a concern: the scope of the game. Specifically, will it take forever and will it be abandoned?

I'm 4.5 years deep into this game with only 6 months more or less public. In short, I'm obsessed, probably in an unhealthy way, with completing this game. It has overtaken my life these last several years and I am compulsively unable to stop until the game is complete.

One thing I've invested in heavily is systems, this makes it very slow to develope things in the beginning, but the development becomes exponentially faster over time. This lets me rapidly implement new changes and is improving the quality and stability of the program as we go.

My next update coming ~Sep 8th will be massive. We have a new h-scene, an overhaul of the dialog system, two new portraits, new animated pixel art (you can see my twitter for a little preview), new quests and more variations coming to some existing animations.
1723398335145.png
Additionally, I've committed to delivering a new update with new h-content every 4-6 weeks. I've delivered on this since I began taking public donations in January, and I intend to continue to do so. My plucky band of daring supporters ( / ) has been incredible, but we are still very few at this point. If you want to see this game blossom in to the gem that it could be, please join us in our perverted quest!( / )

If you think I'm making this game to make a quick buck, I can assure you, there are far easier and more effective ways to make money, like taking a minimum wage job. I do this because I am an artist, I'm a pervert, and I'm obsessed. However, as the financial support grows, this project becomes more and more sustainable.

In the short term, the goal is to fill all of the main characters with progressions and fill in the systematic portions of side characters and procedurally generated characters.
1723398537486.png
To that end, I have moved away from producing all of the art myself, and instead taken on the role of "art director" where I ensure that the art all has a consistent look, but work with other artists to help me produce it. This is a major force multiplier where I'm able to produce much more content much faster, but it also requires money.

So this is where you all and your support comes in. ( / )

Right now I'm several thousand dollars deep into developing this game, which is fine, but i do need to balance pouring time and money into this game with surviving, supporting my family and hopefully one day, thriving. So I can say that at this point all of the money that I take in from patreon, substar and itch goes into buying new art for the game. If you want to see more content, that is the fastest and most efficient way to make it happen.( / )
1723398596843.png
In the long term, I'd like to have a well developed game that I can basically pour new content into indefinitely. As it is, with the new dialog system we have developed, I can create new (mostly) bug free quests just from a text file.

Aside from financial support (very appreciated and the best way to make this game move faster)( / ), some other things that would help:
*positive reviews here and on itch
*donating time to help with coding
*following us and sharing on social media
*creating a walkthrough/instructions
*joining our discord
*sharing story/dialog ideas (on discord pls)
*bug reports (on discord pls)
*supporting us (substar preferred, then patreon, then itch)( / )

Mar 18, 2019
Are there any javascript/rpgmaker coding gurus out there interested in assisting with this project? I'm running into some of the limits of my coding abilities and would be grateful for some help.
Not JS "native", but I have a background in coding, specially back end. Feel free to ask, and I'll help with anything I can, specially after October!

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
l just had this hilarious thought. Do you know about "Can it run Crysis?"
This game, reminded me of that. Can it run The court magician is my new motto for F95 or hentai games. At least for 2D

MTBgames

Mar 12, 2023
uhm i need some help
1- with the "what's her deal" mission i can't get passed the make the crying potion part or at least it doesn't tick the box even after i made the potion and idk what to do after making the potion

2- i have a problem with the baronness where ok you asked me to make the cream for you yet your fucking maiden doesn't let me give it to you i legit can't interact with the baroness at all because after i knock on her door i get asked why i want to meet her and then get stat checked and fail so idk what to do there as well

NewGuy2020

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2020
1 - May be a bug, I'll look into it.
2 - You have to speak to the Handmaiden and then manipulate her to get her stats up. Then she'll let you in.

uhm i need some help
1- with the "what's her deal" mission i can't get passed the make the crying potion part or at least it doesn't tick the box even after i made the potion and idk what to do after making the potion

2- i have a problem with the baronness where ok you asked me to make the cream for you yet your fucking maiden doesn't let me give it to you i legit can't interact with the baroness at all because after i knock on her door i get asked why i want to meet her and then get stat checked and fail so idk what to do there as well

ktazok

May 16, 2017
I think my game (version 0.12.2) might by bugged, cause three of the quests with the maid won't progress.
I did make a Scrying Potion and saw the baroness plot with the maid, and i did make sootheweed Tea (but can't make her drink it), but i guess seeing the baroness and maid talk counted for the last objective of the quest?
No matter how many times I spank the maid (regardless of whether i use paddle or the crop) the Discipline quest won't complete.
And I can't order the maid to research the potion, maybe because I already did that way before I even got the quest? I also made her harvest my essence before I got the quest, but i guess it doesn't count.

Are these bugged or am I missing something?

I have exactly the same issue with the scrying potion and sootheweed tea : i make them, but it doesnt register for the quest, so the quest stay stuck.

Other bug : discipling the maid (using the paddle) doesn't work. I believe the reason of the bug, is that i bought the paddle before getting the quest, so i could spank her after getting the autorisation : so it didn't register as a discipline. I then went to the guy selling the paddle, and i got the notification taht i got the paddle. If i try to spank her again, the quest is not updated.

Third bug : impossible to make the sleeping potion, because it needs whiskey, and it "doesn't fit" in the alembic.

Finally a question : how to get the information on who is the artist of the lewd drawing ?

Last edited:
  • Hey there
4.10 star(s) 26 Votes