HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
It wasn't meant that way. And he doesn't follow this thread. You can see my Text as Fan talk, nothing more. Even become a Patreon.
I like the game for what it is. But I think a little bit of critique is okay in a free forum. If you don't mind?
I will never assume or expect any dev to follow one of my recommendations.
It is his project after all.
My post wasn't directed at you, more of a general statement ;)

Constructive criticism is always welcome and most Dev's appreciate it. I just think it's gotten a little out of hand here.....

Jul 5, 2019
I'm definitely not getting all hung up on the erasing/altering the memory thing. They claimed it was only a couple incidents when the girls first got their powers, and have given a reasonable explanation for it I feel. They have to keep magic a secret. MC knowing about it prior to showing ability to use it doesn't benefit him at all, and potentially puts himself and others in serious danger, with witch hunters and possibly other witches that will see someone non-magical knowing as a liability.

Dec 27, 2020
My post wasn't directed at you, more of a general statement ;)

Constructive criticism is always welcome and most Dev's appreciate it. I just think it's gotten a little out of hand here.....
I am used to the World off Warcraft forum believe me everything is fine here.
I believe this is a discussion which is positive for the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Seriously? Wanting the MC to at least acknowledged that the situation is really weird and all the mind altering isn't really cool, is wanting the MC to be a mega chad? You know what the problem really is? That the vast majority of games that came out in recent years have an MC that's basically a doormat with no agency in his own story So people now assume that is both normal and the only way an MC should be, people are not asking for a mega chad they only one to see MC actually react to all the life changing information he just got.
The problem is not that the mcs are doormats the problem is that people don't give them any time to actually develop. If the mcs are not taking charge of everything in the first release people immediately start calling them betas. In that kind of overwhelming situation what would you want him to do? Going along is probably the smartest thing he can do right now since he doesn't know anything about magic or the witches yet.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
I am used to the World off Warcraft forum believe me everything is fine here.
I believe this is a discussion which is positive for the game.
Yeah so far even the more heated comments have all made suggestions on how to make the story more coherent, the problem is that people now days assume that any criticism is a hate letter directed at the developer.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
The problem is not that the mcs are doormats the problem is that people don't give them any time to actually develop. If the mcs are not taking charge of everything in the first release people immediately start calling them betas. In that kind of overwhelming situation what would you want him to do? Going along is probably the smartest thing he can do right now since he doesn't know anything about magic or the witches yet.
What do you mean develop? He gets told that magic exists and that his mom has been fucking with his memories and nobody should expect any sort of reaction because he needs to develop?

Development would have been if he got into an argument with the mother or something but overtime somehow realised that she actually did it to protect him and finally be ok with it, that would make sense but his reaction to all of that is "Uh ok, lets have lunch." and that's it. And this is not the only incident where he essentially doesn't react.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
And a lot of the irony is that even if he did stand up for himself, demand accountability and for them to quit messing with him - they could just do it again, and make him think and feel otherwise... He is not in a winnable situation just yet.
Would be nice if he acknowledged that, even if only inwardly... and wait his chance to make it right.
Let's see what the Dev does. :>)

Dec 27, 2020
I disagree with the first part some MCs never develop at all the for the fear of weak MC I have to say I have it too. But I will give the story a fair chance.
The second part of your statement I agree. It would be the best to go with the flow. But some inner Monologue would have helped to emphasize with that. He is too robotic.
InkedScreenshot 2021-05-17 225551_LI.jpg
This is one of the few Lines he addresses it. Could you understand what we mean? Please don't take it as an offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Norman Knight

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
I'll agree with you that MCs need time to develop into more active roles, the problem here is that the MC had already been a more active character in the story, the interactions with the girlfriend show that he was a funny and overall cool guy, but when all the magic gets exposed and he doesn't react at all, No shock no surprise, no anger and that is what people are complaining about, he don't need to take charge or be a super alpha he just needed to say something to let us know that he's atleast surprise with all of this, an inner monologue would serve to show some surprise or even marble at the situation.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
And a lot of the irony is that even if he did stand up for himself, demand accountability and for them to quit messing with him - they could just do it again, and make him think and feel otherwise... He is not in a winnable situation just yet.
Would be nice if he acknowledged that, even if only inwardly... and wait his chance to make it right.
Let's see what the Dev does. :>)
But I think that a lot more people would be cool with it if that happened because there would actually be some kind of reaction from him but if they did it again it would confirm that they're not really the good guys here and I think they're supposed to be.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Maybe I missed it but we don't really know how early people show signs of having magic abilities, so even if they gave him up for adoption they would probably still have to keep an eye on him anyway to make sure he doesn't have any magic. In his situation growing up with someone that doesn't know anything about magic would probably be a bigger risk than him growing up with his family who can actually do something to protect him if it's needed.
If until the MC there haven't been male witches in 150 years, and as far as we know everyone thought that the MC wasn't going to be an exception, I don't know what reason they had for him to hang around his family except because they liked to play with his head.

Besides, they sure could secretly keep an eye on him without having to erase his mind if they left him with a normal family. It can be done by people without magical powers, so I don't see why it was difficult for some witches.

However you put it, it makes no sense that the MC is with the witches so that they go around erasing his mind every so often... Unless they had a good time doing it, used him as a guinea pig, or had a disproportionate sense of the property.

And for this reason, there is no way for me to accept any kind of justification from the mother... or, in my case, the landlady (I refuse to accept that a mother does that to her child, so I prefer to eliminate any kinship; also, although it makes the situation even more irrational, it eliminates any kind of affective consideration on her part, which makes it easier to think that she is a depraved who enjoys torturing the MC)

Personally I have no problem with the MC's reactions, the guy faces a new and strange world, the normal thing is that he is more or less cautious and unsure, at least until he learns what he needs to know.

My problem is with the rapist (Lilith) the accomplice (headmistress) and the landlady and her wife.

ULYAYA

Oct 17, 2020
i honestly like the game, the renders look good and the writing is decent, but at the same time i am hella confused half of the time i have no clue whats going on. and all of a sudden random women appear and shit. the story seems to make jumps from here to there etc

Dec 27, 2020
My problem is with the rapist (Lilith) the accomplice (headmistress) and the landlady and her wife.
Understandable. But again they had reasons. Reason we don't agree with, but we don't have to. This is the Story of Humans who fight for their survival. Extreme Danger, Extreme Measures.

If until the MC there haven't been male witches in 150 years, and as far as we know everyone thought that the MC wasn't going to be an exception, I don't know what reason they had for him to hang around his family except because they liked to play with his head.

Besides, they sure could secretly keep an eye on him without having to erase his mind if they left him with a normal family. It can be done by people without magical powers, so I don't see why it was difficult for some witches.

However you put it, it makes no sense that the MC is with the witches so that they go around erasing his mind every so often... Unless they had a good time doing it, used him as a guinea pig, or had a disproportionate sense of the property.

And for this reason, there is no way for me to accept any kind of justification from the mother... or, in my case, the landlady (I refuse to accept that a mother does that to her child, so I prefer to eliminate any kinship; also, although it makes the situation even more irrational, it eliminates any kind of affective consideration on her part, which makes it easier to think that she is a depraved who enjoys torturing the MC)
This is totally not how the Story played out. You assume very dark and horrible things where there is no proof of.
Did you even have played the Game?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2019

Personally I have no problem with the MC's reactions, the guy faces a new and strange world, the normal thing is that he is more or less cautious and unsure, at least until he learns what he needs to know.

Or you know, he was family. You expect them to toss him away because he was male, like he was defective? And it's not even suggested that they enjoyed messing with his memories, or even did it very often. It's only mentioned that there were a couple incidents. Andrea is even worried that he will hate her for hiding things from him, and how she wished she could have told him, but the council wouldn't have allowed it.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Or you know, he was family. You expect them to toss him away because he was male, like he was defective? And it's not even suggested that they enjoyed messing with his memories, or even did it very often. It's only mentioned that there were a couple incidents. Andrea is even worried that he will hate her for hiding things from him, and how she wished she could have told him, but the council wouldn't have allowed it.
think what he was trying to say is that if the intention was to keep him safe from the magical society, then it made more sense to give him for adoption than erasing his memories every time he saw something they could not explain, by keeping him with them but still hiding everything to the extend of altering his memories they (The mother in particular) show a selfish attitude, I want you with me, but on my terms and knowing only what I allow you to know.

Jul 5, 2019
think what he was trying to say is that if the intention was to keep him safe from the magical society, then it made more sense to give him for adoption than erasing his memories every time he saw something they could not explain, by keeping him with them but still hiding everything to the extend of altering his memories they (The mother in particular) show a selfish attitude, I want you with me, but on my terms and knowing only what I allow you to know.
On the other hand, couldn't it be dangerous to leave someone who is potentially a magic user with another family? If they have to keep an eye on them to see if their are signs of their ability (as it is implied, Andrea thinks she should have seen the signs, but Kat says no one did) keeping them close makes more sense. Even if male magic users are extremely rare, from what we have been told they are also extremely dangerous, so it may not be worth the risk, or even allowed. We don't know either way, as it hasn't been explained.

There are rules they have to follow, it's mentioned a couple times. We don't know what they are yet for the most part, just that they exist. It's entirely possible this is something covered by them.

EDIT: Also he seems to be of the opinion that they're doing this specifically to the MC. Who is to say that before they showed ability, the same measures weren't used against the girls? What if one of them never developed the ability? (If that's possible? I don't think it's ever stated if females are guaranteed users or not).

Last edited:

formerflame

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2018
Thank you for the feedback and I'll try and address some things and hopefully answer some of the other questions I've seen without getting too into spoilers. A lot of what I'm seeing will be addressed in future updates it's just a quirk of this medium being released chapter by chapter rather than the whole thing at once. So things I plan on addressing in the future just raise questions now. I hope you understand this is my first game and a learning experience for me.

I don't have any plans for mind control going forward it is more of a how do magical and non-magical people coexist without the non-magical world knowing what's going on? Now that the MC is in the magical world hiding magic from him isn't needed. At the moment the MC just left Plato's cave/the matrix and his eyes are still adjusting so he's disoriented. He's also the least powerful person (ATM) in the new world he found himself in. As he finds his bearings I hope things will become clearer and he'll be more of a driver of his own story. I do plan to have him talk to the mother character and hash things out but if you're expecting him to burn everything to the ground that's not going to happen.

As for the GF/Anna she's going to be off having her own college experience. She and the MC are broken up with no hard feelings. I'll look at clarifying that and there will be an option to bring her back in the story later on.

The next update is largely Dryad related but I'll try and address a lot of the questions without spoiling where I want the story to go. Even if it takes a few updates.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Understandable. But again they had reasons. Reason we don't agree with, but we don't have to. This is the Story of Humans who fight for their survival. Extreme Danger, Extreme Measures.
And I just hope I have the right to reject any relationship with those characters. And if possible, watch Lilith die in a horrible way.

This is totally not how the Story played out. You assume very dark and horrible things where there is no proof off.
Did you have played the Game?
I have started it: The way they act after the incident with the MC's girlfriend doesn't quite convince me. Putting him to sleep to take him to school / academy is something that I don't understand well, what is the reason for it? Well, the truth is that I don't see it. In any case, that they put him to sleep to take him there, although it is something that I don't find logic, it isn't something that bothers me much.

The scene where Lilith collects the semen sample has actually upset me the most. This fact makes me hate her. I wasn't sure if I was going to continue the game after seeing that scene. I'm continuing it, but not with enthusiasm, in fact it annoys me every time Lilith shows up (which from what I see are some times). Without this scene I'm pretty sure that I would like the game. Possibly I would even be less bothered with the landlady erasing the MC's mind in the past

On the other hand, couldn't it be dangerous to leave someone who is potentially a magic user with another family? If they have to keep an eye on them to see if their are signs of their ability (as it is implied, Andrea thinks she should have seen the signs, but Kat says no one did) keeping them close makes more sense. Even if male magic users are extremely rare, from what we have been told they are also extremely dangerous, so it may not be worth the risk, or even allowed. We don't know either way, as it hasn't been explained.

There are rules they have to follow, it's mentioned a couple times. We don't know what they are yet for the most part, just that they exist. It's entirely possible this is something covered by them.

EDIT: Also he seems to be of the opinion that they're doing this specifically to the MC. Who is to say that before they showed ability, the same measures weren't used against the girls? What if one of them never developed the ability? (If that's possible? I don't think it's ever stated if females are guaranteed users or not).
That they follow rules or that they do it to others is not a relief.

What I don't see is the reason for the MC to stay with his "family" (not even that in my case, since Andrea is the landlady, which makes the situation absurd). Being witches I don't see what would be the complication of watching the MC from a distance. In fact it would possibly be something much less dangerous than having him around and in ignorance.

In any case, and despite my heated presentation, I'm open to change my mind if the developer gives a convincing explanation for it. That it hasn't occurred to me doesn't mean that there isn't (If the explanation is good, surely my MC will forgive the landlady, however, whatever the explanation, I don't want the MC to establish a romantic relationship with her, this part is clear to me)

However, what really bothers me is the Lilith scene. To say that I don't like it is an understatement. Actually I don't see any way that the developer can justify this scene and that I accept it.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Thank you for the feedback and I'll try and address some things and hopefully answer some of the other questions I've seen without getting too into spoilers. A lot of what I'm seeing will be addressed in future updates it's just a quirk of this medium being released chapter by chapter rather than the whole thing at once. So things I plan on addressing in the future just raise questions now. I hope you understand this is my first game and a learning experience for me.

I don't have any plans for mind control going forward it is more of a how do magical and non-magical people coexist without the non-magical world knowing what's going on? Now that the MC is in the magical world hiding magic from him isn't needed. At the moment the MC just left Plato's cave/the matrix and his eyes are still adjusting so he's disoriented. He's also the least powerful person (ATM) in the new world he found himself in. As he finds his bearings I hope things will become clearer and he'll be more of a driver of his own story. I do plan to have him talk to the mother character and hash things out but if you're expecting him to burn everything to the ground that's not going to happen.

As for the GF/Anna she's going to be off having her own college experience. She and the MC are broken up with no hard feelings. I'll look at clarifying that and there will be an option to bring her back in the story later on.

The next update is largely Dryad related but I'll try and address a lot of the questions without spoiling where I want the story to go. Even if it takes a few updates.
Tank you for answering, if your plan for the character is to be disoriented and getting a grip on the situation then you could add some type of inner monologue to the MC in the early parts of the story to show that he's still trying to understand the situation, as of the current story the MC don't seem disoriented he seems completely unfazed by the hole thing which is just weird.

And if you plan to have the MC speak to the mother about the questionable actions she take then don't make the same mistake than most devs make of having the MC just accept everything with a smile because she did it "for his own good", being his mother doesn't exempt her of guilt.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

Personally, although I have focused much of my criticism on the mind erasure, it isn't what I really disliked about the game (if there is a good explanation for it I will accept it, although not with pleasure)

What I really didn't like was the Lilith scene. I may be very weird and I may be the only one (I don't know) who is greatly bothered by that scene. That scene makes it really difficult for me to enjoy the game (and possibly also is the reason why the attitude of the landlady towards the MC bothers me more than is logical).

3.90 star(s) 51 Votes