Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
I meant to add 1 more paragraph.

All of the women's actions might be able to be explained away in the coming story, everything they have done might even be extremely reasonable. But for the MC's perspective, as it stands? I can't see how he could possibly believe that.
In a culture where the some people have. "powers of the mind" (or Magic), The rules of conduct would be very different.
i.e. If you could NOT shield your thoughts behind a "wall",
And you came across someone "Hot" and then, had sexual thoughts about them ,
That would be deemed akin to "Actually" doing the act !
(And in this example, it would rape!)
I believe that the best example of how the norms of that culture would differ from ours
can be found in the "Darkover" series of novels by MZB

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
In a culture where the some people have. "powers of the mind" (or Magic), The rules of conduct would be very different.
I believe that the best example of how the norms of that culture would differ from ours
can be found in the "Darkover" series of novels by MZB
I find that unlikely, if it had always been that thoughts are on display, yet we communicated by speach, you'd mostly just ignore them and focus on actions, you'd have little choice... That's presuming peoples thoughts functioned liked they do in reality. Peoples thoughts are full of crap mostly.

Now if it was the only form of communication then they would likely think very differently they would have to.

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Game Compressor
May 1, 2020
Android port of
The Coven [v0.2]
Download:MEGA
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All my ports now have textbox opacity slider and text size slider which can be found in preferences.
Join my for more ports and mods.
updated

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
I find that unlikely, if it had always been that thoughts are on display, yet we communicated by speach, you'd mostly just ignore them and focus on actions, you'd have little choice... That's presuming peoples thoughts functioned liked they do in reality. Peoples thoughts are full of crap mostly.

Now if it was the only form of communication then they would likely think very differently they would have to.
We were not talking about thoughts on display, (Which is an involuntary form of visual speech)
but about the experiencing the thoughts of others,
or the thoughts others want you to experience, As in the thoughts planted in the MC's mind by the "Nurse"

Communication by thoughts would be very different then by speech.
With speech "You" interpret what you hear into a vision of what you think happened.
And that's the problem. You are the 3rd person, the outsider looking in , You guess what others are feeling,
Sometimes your guesses are good , sometimes not.

But with direct experience of thoughts you do NOT get to interpret, you Know !
You are not the 3rd person, the outsider, It is happening to You !
you can feel and know everything, every touch, every emotion, taste and smell,
everything that was heard or seen !

The shitty thing is that in a culture were a person can talk to another mind to mind.
it is likely Someone will be strong enough to force thoughts into the mind of others.

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
We were not talking about thoughts on display, (Which is an involuntary form of visual speech)
Actually that is exactly what you described in your example.

As for what you are now addressing there are still issues at play here.

The nurse seems to be implanting images, or is just able to see the images he is imagining in a semiconscious state, but the images he is seeing don't really match with the dialogue she is presenting, its not really clear to me what is imagined or what is magic here, like having a leading conversation with someone who is sleep talking. (which is what I think the dev is suggesting is going on.) What she is actually doing however is some form of assault. (though to be honest from what I've seen so far the MC would have gone along with it awake as well.)

Then on to the subject of thought crime itself, there are a whole range of questions that would be raised, if you implant memories does the subject experience them, or are they just images? If you can install experiences does the subject have any way of knowing that they are not really theirs. "I would never do that, why can I remember doing that?" who do you hide that you have altered someone else memories, how do you know that someone did not insert the memory of you inserting memories? Its a very deep and dark rabbit hole.

But none of this is just passively thinking about it, (your example). These are all actions, and would likely be far more punished under a legal system than any physical assault... All based on the concept that our society could develop and coexist in a world with these powers, which I don't think it could.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Actually that is exactly what you described in your example.

As for what you are now addressing there are still issues at play here.

The nurse seems to be implanting images, or is just able to see the images he is imagining in a semiconscious state, but the images he is seeing don't really match with the dialogue she is presenting, its not really clear to me what is imagined or what is magic here, like having a leading conversation with someone who is sleep talking. (which is what I think the dev is suggesting is going on.) What she is actually doing however is some form of assault. (though to be honest from what I've seen so far the MC would have gone along with it awake as well.)

Then on to the subject of thought crime itself, there are a whole range of questions that would be raised, if you implant memories does the subject experience them, or are they just images? If you can install experiences does the subject have any way of knowing that they are not really theirs. "I would never do that, why can I remember doing that?" who do you hide that you have altered someone else memories, how do you know that someone did not insert the memory of you inserting memories? Its a very deep and dark rabbit hole.

But none of this is just passively thinking about it, (your example). These are all actions, and would likely be far more punished under a legal system than any physical assault... All based on the concept that our society could develop and coexist in a world with these powers, which I don't think it could.
Yes, but it also describes the unintentional transference of (Sexual) thought/s from the mind of the 1st person
directly into the mind of the 2nd (victim?) Person.

As for if our society could survive in a world where these powers exist ? No.

Sadly I agree with you ,
I can see no path in which our society would not destroy itself if these powers were real (or confirmed to be real).

Last edited:

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
To the chain of post before. to many to refer to, Malleee and Ahchi just to name a couple. The subject of thought transfer and whether total control is possible. Science fiction would let us believe how one could do it depends on if the host is willing to concede control or fight control. This VN has us assuming total control is possible. and the MC is not fighting it, so far!

Most events with force being used the mind puts up some sort of defense but it seems there is no defense mechanism here. The scene with the nurse is like a true wet dream to the Mc. An it is accepted with only a little question almost like a drunken night where in the morning you don’t remember how you got home or even in bed.

My question here is when did they start messing with his memory. because it is the whole game not just the one scene that feels like a total mind game. The MC is either being actively controlled if you agree with the prior post. Or he is a chump with no mental strength or strength of character anymore. Maybe he has been manipulated for far to long and too often to put up a defense.
We could be persuaded that the Mc is so use to his mind being manipulated that mere suggestion can influence not only his thoughts and feelings but his actions to just go with the flow. (A big leap without evidence or explanation).

I would refer you to the movie Dreamcatcher a scene with Mr. Gray and Jonesy the scene that takes place in his mind. The scene shows that even though his mind is being taken over he is aware of it an begins to protect certain memories from the alien taking them over he controls the access. So we will need to wait and see if the DEV will give us hope that the Mc is not a chump or mentality broken, but has been fighting control for a while. but how and when we see this could be far in the future or a little at a time. I just hope it is soon instead of never.

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
Or maybe we got the family all wrong and the knew he had powers for a long time and kept them under control and hidden until the event with his girlfriend. which they could hide them no more. and they prepared him for this and he is going with the flow to let them feel more open to him!?

Malleee

Mar 13, 2018
I'm giving this thread far more time than I think this game is worth, but the concepts we're discussing are interesting in a general way as well.

My question here is when did they start messing with his memory. because it is the whole game not just the one scene that feels like a total mind game. The MC is either being actively controlled if you agree with the prior post. Or he is a chump with no mental strength or strength of character anymore. Maybe he has been manipulated for far to long and too often to put up a defense.
OK so the Dev said.

I don't have any plans for mind control going forward it is more of a how do magical and non-magical people coexist without the non-magical world knowing what's going on? Now that the MC is in the magical world hiding magic from him isn't needed.
I read that to mean that full mind control is no nor has ever gone on here, its just wiping memories, the nurse scene is suspect, but again I would take that to be more like a hypnotic suggestion, the images are directly related to the words she is saying... no while I don't put any faith in hypnosis actually working, give some one some LSD and tell them a story while half asleep and who knows what they will imagine.. that is what I imagine that scene being like.

So I would say the MC is as written not relatable even as a chump at this point, We are talking serious IQ issues, the way he accepts the upheaval to his world with no questions, anger or frustration, which suggest to me he has no grasp of the situation, not even enough to deny it, that or the guy is on the next level of intellect and has grasped the situation like sherlock homes might.

How long have they been altering his memories?

(so discussing this as if it's the MCs family and not flatmates/whatever)

Well I would say from the mothers words "Well when the girls first started showing their powers they did have a few accidents we had to cover for." .... "And" and this is where she's interrupted by Cassie..

We'd need to know when magic starts to manifest... lets guess at puberty, so for a girl somewhere between 12 and 15 to be a normal range... I'm making this guess as "sexual interaction" is the primary way to share power.. guys tend to go though this a little later not that its important, and the school is masquerading as a collage the MC is 17ish? and the youngest sister is about the same? That would suggest at least 8 years of timeline where memory alteration has been occurring..

So there are a heap of troubling things with this one sentence.
1. Altered. Not erased or suppressed. Altered implies something untrue implanted.
2. We. Who is we, Parents, sisters, random magical visitors?
3. The interruption, why on earth would you think it was acceptable?

Your memories are the only thing you have to define you at the end of the day.

We could be persuaded that the Mc is so use to his mind being manipulated that mere suggestion can influence not only his thoughts and feelings but his actions to just go with the flow. (A big leap without evidence or explanation).
Certainly that is a possibility. Recovery from that kind of personality control would not be an easy task to write well, and the way the Dev talks about the MC as "disorientated" suggests to me that the MC is not supposed to be that kind of damaged.

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
Its amazing how this has grown the discussion, promoting a game with potential. I give time to Games I find potential in, the thread is Enthralling to read and to contemplate what way I would unfold the events and the emotions tied to them. Great novels provide such discussions and thank you for participating. I place queries to events to see who sees what I see or if I missed something as a few times people point out what they have to add. An just so you know it isn't that hard to write a way out if you see the end and understand the situation you are in. I thrive with reverse engineering my biggest fun for thought is can DEV give the Mc a backbone without destroying the relationships built with the Mc being so submissive to suggestion and down the road will we be given a choice to be that backbone? I hope for that or will he be a diplomat he seems to be now giving to everyone's desires but his.

sure we can say no when a sex scene is upon the Mc and until we are sure of a poor outcome we always choose yes especially with a harem tag. so again no choice just illusion of one. that said the Mc has not made a choice yet that has other than submissive or a neutral at best personality. so I await next episode to determine the validity of the game.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
sure we can say no when a sex scene is upon the Mc and until we are sure of a poor outcome we always choose yes especially with a harem tag. so again no choice just illusion of one. that said the Mc has not made a choice yet that has other than submissive or a neutral at best personality. so I await next episode to determine the validity of the game.
Well, there are several LIs to which I intend to say no if they give me the opportunity (and I hope they give it to me). There is no possibility of me saying yes to the rapist. I have no intention of saying yes to the landlady either.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Well, there are several LIs to which I intend to say no if they give me the opportunity (and I hope they give it to me). There is no possibility of me saying yes to the rapist. I have no intention of saying yes to the landlady either.
Rapist?

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
I played it when it was launched and I thought about it yesterday then I played the last update and I enjoyed a lot. This one looks good and I'm looking forward to see more. Good work!

3.90 star(s) 51 Votes