formerflame

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2018
If you ever decide to implement it. Make it avoidable, please.
It would be. I think the only fetish stuff that I'd put in that wasn't immediately skippable (other than what's currently in) would be stuff that most wouldn't even consider a fetish like a cheerleader outfit or thigh-high socks and that wouldn't change being able to turn down the character's sexual advances.

I do have some lesbian stuff planned (probably in the version I'm currently working on) that I haven't decided yet how I'm going to implement. It will be skippable but does that mean the scene just skips or do characters decide against it.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Cosplay is a thing. crossdressing is a thing. Edible clothes are a thing. Easy come off clothes are a thing.
Lingeree and high heels in hot scenes are a thing to drive up sex drive.
Touches and cuddles and tongue play are a thing.
This is a work of fiction designated to start a fire in the beholder.
Do use all ignition accelerants that come to mind to set the scenes ablaze.

Reactions: Jimbog

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
It would be. I think the only fetish stuff that I'd put in that wasn't immediately skippable (other than what's currently in) would be stuff that most wouldn't even consider a fetish like a cheerleader outfit or thigh-high socks and that wouldn't change being able to turn down the character's sexual advances.

I do have some lesbian stuff planned (probably in the version I'm currently working on) that I haven't decided yet how I'm going to implement. It will be skippable but does that mean the scene just skips or do characters decide against it.
I would advise that if the player doesn't engage with it and want to see it then it doesn't happen in the story. Otherwise, it kind of defeats the purpose of having the choice at all in my mind.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I have resumed the game and I'm pleased that the scene of Lilith to take semen samples is now consensual.

I'm more in favor of avoiding than skipping. If I don't like a fetish, I'd rather the scene doesn't happen than it happens but I don't watch it.

formerflame

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2018
I would advise that if the player doesn't engage with it and want to see it then it doesn't happen in the story. Otherwise, it kind of defeats the purpose of having the choice at all in my mind.
I'm more in favor of avoiding than skipping. If I don't like a fetish, I'd rather the scene doesn't happen than it happens but I don't watch it.
Noted.

I have 2 characters that are coming up in version 6 that I need names for one Milf (attached) and one that is 18-20ish. If anyone has any name suggestions I'd love to hear them here or on discord or Patreon.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
That's still up in the air. Initially, Natalie was going to be a man-hater and take a femdom path. I haven't ruled out some femdom but it would likely be much gentler than I had originally planned.
Femdom is one of those fetishes that we should be able to avoid and not skip. That it continues to happen, even if I don't see it, is a big turn down for me.

formerflame

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2018
Femdom is one of those fetishes that we should be able to avoid and not skip. That it continues to happen, even if I don't see it, is a big turn down for me.
Yeah, skipping stuff was going to be stuff that didn't involve the player. I can't think of anything off hand that would entail other than lesbian stuff. Any fetish stuff would be you opt-out and it doesn't happen. i.e. in a sex scene there may be an option for a footjob you can proceed through the sex scene by not clicking that option and it wouldn't happen.

Reactions: EJW and BlasKyau

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
That's still up in the air. Initially, Natalie was going to be a man-hater and take a femdom path. I haven't ruled out some femdom but it would likely be much gentler than I had originally planned.
I've been thinking about this, and wouldn't it be possible to have this as an easy fix by using the same renders but just using dialog? If it is light femdom then most of the same positions could be used, like having her cowgirl on the MC for example and if she talks down to him it'd be light femdom but in the vanilla version she says something else that is more neutral toned or sexy. You could show reluctance on the vanilla path that she overcomes because she doesn't care for men, but excitement mixed with a little disgust on the femdom path as she gets to toy with the MC until she grows to care for him and do it all with different versions of dialog for the same images. Just an idea, not sure if it would work but with the way Ren'Py scenes work you could show the same images with different dialog, right?

Reactions: PapaSnabes1

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Yeah, skipping stuff was going to be stuff that didn't involve the player. I can't think of anything off hand that would entail other than lesbian stuff. Any fetish stuff would be you opt-out and it doesn't happen. i.e. in a sex scene there may be an option for a footjob you can proceed through the sex scene by not clicking that option and it wouldn't happen.
Ok, perfect then.

Lesbian sex bores me, seeing two girls kissing or having sex doesn't turn me on. I may be weird, but I'm not really into it. It's not something I hate, but certainly, if I can, I'm not going to watch it. If I have the option I will prevent it from happening, in any other case I will skip it, either by means of a certain option, or by using CTRL and passing the scene. Obviously having to use CTRL is the method that least appeals to me.

formerflame

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2018
I've been thinking about this, and wouldn't it be possible to have this as an easy fix by using the same renders but just using dialog? If it is light femdom then most of the same positions could be used, like having her cowgirl on the MC for example and if she talks down to him it'd be light femdom but in the vanilla version she says something else that is more neutral toned or sexy. You could show reluctance on the vanilla path that she overcomes because she doesn't care for men, but excitement mixed with a little disgust on the femdom path as she gets to toy with the MC until she grows to care for him and do it all with different versions of dialog for the same images. Just an idea, not sure if it would work but with the way Ren'Py scenes work you could show the same images with different dialog, right?
Correct you just add a variable and a prompt to the player to set the variable. It's not perfect though, and I've had a small number of players get error messages when I add a new variable. It also makes the replay function more complicated. To your point, I have variables for a lot of the girls for hair, which just gives me the option to prompt the player if they want to have the girl have pubes or not. I haven't used it yet and I'm not sure if I will but it just gives me the option to have the same scene play out with slightly different renders. You could do it for dialog as well.

Reactions: JoeTheMC84

formerflame

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2018
Ok, perfect then.

Lesbian sex bores me, seeing two girls kissing or having sex doesn't turn me on. I may be weird, but I'm not really into it. It's not something I hate, but certainly, if I can, I'm not going to watch it. If I have the option I will prevent it from happening, in any other case I will skip it, either by means of a certain option, or by using CTRL and passing the scene. Obviously having to use CTRL is the method that least appeals to me.
I was thinking more along the lines similar to version 5's Lilith scene where there is a prompt at the beginning of the scene that kind of lets you know what's going to happen you can either proceed or hit no thanks and it just jumps you to the next scene with no need to hold CTRL. What I'm trying to decide is if you hit no thanks do I treat the scene as still haven't happened or not. Obviously with fetish scenes that would be a no but a lesbian scene that's still up in the air for me. Mainly because there is something I want to happen during a lesbian scene that motivates a character for something else but that it isn't necessary for the story.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I was thinking more along the lines similar to version 5's Lilith scene where there is a prompt at the beginning of the scene that kind of lets you know what's going to happen you can either proceed or hit no thanks and it just jumps you to the next scene with no need to hold CTRL. What I'm trying to decide is if you hit no thanks do I treat the scene as still haven't happened or not. Obviously with fetish scenes that would be a no but a lesbian scene that's still up in the air for me. Mainly because there is something I want to happen during a lesbian scene that motivates a character for something else but that it isn't necessary for the story.
I mean you should always do what you want just be aware adding more variables/paths/options could turn this into a coding nightmare and you'll never be able to please everyone.

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
In general, it depends on the player, but the best thing is to make it avoidable so that it does not happen, not simply skip it, if the player sees content that they do not like and skips it, but then there is a scene where said content is discussed, they may not like it. (I say that without knowing what Lilith option was since the last version I tried was 0.2 i think)

But if changing that involves a lot of extra work just stick to what you had in mind in your story, put a warning maybe and the player knows whether to continue or uninstall the game.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It all depends on whether the lesbian scene can be considered NTR or not. For me, lesbian scenes usually just bore me, (so I never watch them), but if the scene is between an LI and another girl who isn't an LI, then it bores me and annoys me.

formerflame

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2018
It all depends on whether the lesbian scene can be considered NTR or not. For me, lesbian scenes usually just bore me, (so I never watch them), but if the scene is between an LI and another girl who isn't an LI, then it bores me and annoys me.
All girls that do anything sexual in the game will have the option to be a love interest. If you turn down a girl, any sex scenes with them lesbian or with the MC would be skipped without you noticing. And the only man that will have any sexual contact with anyone is the MC.

DogzBallz

Sep 30, 2021
When you say that a scene involving an LI that was rejected will be skipped, are you saying that the scene doesn't happen in the story, or does the scene happen but the player skips it and doesn't see it? :unsure:
If a tree falls in a forest.........

Reactions: drooopy

SaltySugar

Dec 18, 2020
What I'm trying to decide is if you hit no thanks do I treat the scene as still haven't happened or not. Obviously with fetish scenes that would be a no but a lesbian scene that's still up in the air for me. Mainly because there is something I want to happen during a lesbian scene that motivates a character for something else but that it isn't necessary for the story.
I don't necessarily like lesbian content, it just does nothing for me. When it's done right then I don't really care about it and just skip it and when it's done wrong it just feels like ntr and fuck that. I'm not trying to demand anything here but it shouldn't happen at all and not that it just skips it. It won't make any sense for the people down the line when that "something" is being discussed and they will have no idea what's going on.

formerflame

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2018
When you say that a scene involving an LI that was rejected will be skipped, are you saying that the scene doesn't happen in the story, or does the scene happen but the player skips it and doesn't see it? :unsure:
Doesn't happen and scenes will play out differently. For instance, there already was the option to turn down Violet. She's still in the game but scenes with her will play out differently depending on if you're on her path or not. There was already a scene in the showers where if you were not on her path she would talk to Naomi for a minute then leave if you were on her path she would talk to Naomi then fool around with the player.

Reactions: EJW and Chimba

formerflame

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2018
I don't necessarily like lesbian content, it just does nothing for me. When it's done right then I don't really care about it and just skip it and when it's done wrong it just feels like ntr and fuck that. I'm not trying to demand anything here but it shouldn't happen at all and not that it just skips it. It won't make any sense for the people down the line when that "something" is being discussed and they will have no idea what's going on.
I don't really want to get into a long NTR discussion other than to say I don't like NTR and have no interest in adding it. You won't be missing anything story-wise if you decide to skip a lesbian scene.

I feel like I'm just going to be repeating myself over and over at this point. So I'll just leave it at that until there is a lesbian scene and people can see how they'll play out.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I don't really want to get into a long NTR discussion other than to say I don't like NTR and have no interest in adding it. You won't be missing anything story-wise if you decide to skip a lesbian scene.

I feel like I'm just going to be repeating myself over and over at this point. So I'll just leave it at that until there is a lesbian scene and people can see how they'll play out.
I think you've been very clear in your stances and what you were talking about. It can happen for a lot of issues and questions on the forums were one person says something, it gets addressed but then more people say the same thing and if they had just read a few posts up they would see the answer there to their question or issue.

Other people may still not read you making yourself clear, but you've answered more than once about it already so at this point it's on anyone else who brings it up to just look for your responses. You shouldn't need to repeat the same thing over and over.

3.90 star(s) 50 Votes