RPGM Completed The Curse of Kubel [v2.02+DLC] [Yasagure Kitsuenjyo/Kagura Games]

3.40 star(s) 71 Votes

Ericopa12

Dec 25, 2017
Damn guys on one hand I wanna start it because I might actually forget to check on this in the future, I have more time (around this holiday season).

On the other hand as DreamingOfPinkLips had mentioned that extra voice acting makes me legitimately want to wait but with the downside of Kagura very possibly going the whole next year without a pulse on it.
yes, that's true... i was kinda hoping one of the good translators here could do it, i mean, i don't think there are many dialogs to add to the original, but i actually don't know so i just hope... but it would be worth it for any translator out there

Senn211

Mar 30, 2018
yes, that's true... i was kinda hoping one of the good translators here could do it, i mean, i don't think there are many dialogs to add to the original, but i actually don't know so i just hope... but it would be worth it for any translator out there
I doubt anyone's going to go out of their way to do it when we know Kagura are going to do it eventually. Though some of us might die between now and then.

• Haha
Reactions: Ericopa12
Jun 22, 2022
Fusing the translated and uncensored base game from Kagura with the DLC version is quite a big endeavor (as Kagura also translated all file names, including all of the uncensored CGs, which the DLC version would fail to load, as it tries searching for the original, untranslated files and the censored images). Considering that the DLC also changed existing events by adding voice acting and new standing pictures for the MC and another NPC, said "merge" would actually be more of a complete redo of everything.

I believe someone in this thread attempted the merge, not sure how that's progressing though. And even then, that means all the new beautiful CGs would still be censored, until Kagura gets the uncensored files (and the CG difference is big - about 950 CGs in the base game, and 2300+ in the DLC version).

Ericopa12

Dec 25, 2017
Fusing the translated and uncensored base game from Kagura with the DLC version is quite a big endeavor (as Kagura also translated all file names, including all of the uncensored CGs, which the DLC version would fail to load, as it tries searching for the original, untranslated files and the censored images). Considering that the DLC also changed existing events by adding voice acting and new standing pictures for the MC and another NPC, said "merge" would actually be more of a complete redo of everything.

I believe someone in this thread attempted the merge, not sure how that's progressing though. And even then, that means all the new beautiful CGs would still be censored, until Kagura gets the uncensored files (and the CG difference is big - about 950 CGs in the base game, and 2300+ in the DLC version).
i see... thank you for pointing that out. i guess i'll keep my vision other place for the meantime. I've been waiting for kap3d.com far more long so i don't think it'll be that tough (but i do hope some day it gets fully translated). Have a nice day

Reactions: DreamingOfPinkLips

LeoShowers

May 13, 2017
CoK was my favorite NTR game of all times even before I played the DLC edition, and it got only better. For my specific tastes, almost nothing else comes close to it.
Sorry to hijack this thread, but as someone who feels more or less exactly this way about CoK, are there any other games that capture the same 'feel' as KoC/Were almost as good?

Bl3kB0i

Jun 8, 2021
Sorry to hijack this thread, but as someone who feels more or less exactly this way about CoK, are there any other games that capture the same 'feel' as KoC/Were almost as good?
Scars of summer, NTR homestay(A VN but the corruption is REALLY good)

Reactions: Yuuki4
Jun 22, 2022
I personally haven't come across any NTR games capturing the same or similar feeling and impact as CoK. Some games tried using its formula, like "Chloe: Incubus Crest Mage" (RJ413241), "Engraved Pleasure" (RJ328615) or the most recent attempt being "Kamisakura Hime" (RJ433145), but imo none of them manage to come close to their great source of inspiration (CoK). There's some hope for the sequel/prequel game to CoK though, which is still under development.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Yea Id say the sequel is your best bet tbh.
If you want a decent-ish NTR game I can also recommend . It launched recently. Pretty buggy, but the dev put out a good dozen updates, so it's getting better consistently on the technical side. It's okay gameplay and has an interesting twist to it. The only difference is that the corruption is not as slow and dynamic as in CoK.

CoK is unique in that it - imo - sets up the very good formula of "force/blackmail -> (goes into) coercion and necessity -> (goes into) dependency -> (goes into) corruption" and it does it at a pace that makes it plausible and immersive. The beginning stretches a bit, so if you are someone who wants h content immediately its not for you, but its really good at making the corruption progress in a very moderate pace and feel natural. And the "I hate this guy" attitude of the FMC in the beginning is just the cherry on top that makes it better.

Cuck man

Sep 26, 2018
Yea Id say the sequel is your best bet tbh.
If you want a decent-ish NTR game I can also recommend . It launched recently. Pretty buggy, but the dev put out a good dozen updates, so it's getting better consistently on the technical side. It's okay gameplay and has an interesting twist to it. The only difference is that the corruption is not as slow and dynamic as in CoK.

CoK is unique in that it - imo - sets up the very good formula of "force/blackmail -> (goes into) coercion and necessity -> (goes into) dependency -> (goes into) corruption" and it does it at a pace that makes it plausible and immersive. The beginning stretches a bit, so if you are someone who wants h content immediately its not for you, but its really good at making the corruption progress in a very moderate pace and feel natural. And the "I hate this guy" attitude of the FMC in the beginning is just the cherry on top that makes it better.
English?

Racoon_4

Jun 1, 2021
So the developer is still working on CoK?

Anyone who knows what he(she?) is doing right now?

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
So the developer is still working on CoK?

Anyone who knows what he(she?) is doing right now?
No I think they are 99% working on the sequel. Idk what that CoK part was. Maybe just some side stuff.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Is CoK 2 confirmed? Any idea if MC will be same or new story?
Well it's not really CoK 2. It has another title. It plays in the same universe, but has 2 protagonists. The ones you see featured in the more recent posts and the ci-en banner.

image-web.jpg

Honestly, all you have to do to stay up to date is to put their posts into google translate. it reads like a MTL of course, but once you are used to it you know what certain expressions mean.

The common narrative thread is the choker's / choking disease I think. And the forbidden tomes. But the MCs are different. The right character is a tough experienced (married? I think) magician I think running a magic shop in a bigger town and the left is her younger pupil. Both of them have a love interest (maybe the same? Not sure).

image-web12.jpg
(^ protagonist / FMC nr. 1)

image-web2.jpg
(male MC / husband of FMC 1)

But obviously there is a not-so-nice guy that especially the older one does not like or approve of that will get involved in all of that. The type last time (in CoK) was a young playboy type, this time it's a middle aged guy. Think a merchant (not your typical "fat ugly merchant", more like a normal looking one, although not pretty) and somewhat of a scoundrel.

image-web8.jpg
(^ antagonist MC)

There is all kinds of stuff involving some kind of ghost entity, and they kept the labyrinth element, although I think they added to the complextiy of the gameplay now, it's not just "run through and take potions" if I am correct.

image-web10.jpg
(^ ghost-like or magical entity that looks like the 2nd protagonist)

They also work a lot with flashbacks again, esp. around protagonist nr. 2's past.

image-web3.jpg
(^ protagonist nr. 2)

And the male MC is more active now. He won't be out cold all game long. According to the dev there will be some conflict and animosity between the male MC and the antagonist who does the cucking.

image-web9.jpg
(^ conflict between male MC and antagonist MC)

Some aditional pictures down below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

rangabang

May 4, 2021
Well it's not really CoK 2. It has another title. It plays in the same universe, but has 2 protagonists. The ones you see featured in the more recent posts and the ci-en banner.

View attachment 2268733

Honestly, all you have to do to stay up to date is to put their posts into google translate. it reads like a MTL of course, but once you are used to it you know what certain expressions mean.

The common narrative thread is the choker's / choking disease I think. And the forbidden tomes. But the MCs are different. The right character is a tough experienced (married? I think) magician I think running a magic shop in a bigger town and the left is her younger pupil. Both of them have a love interest (maybe the same? Not sure).

View attachment 2268805

View attachment 2268762

But obviously there is a not-so-nice guy that especially the older one does not like or approve of that will get involved in all of that. The type last time (in CoK) was a young playboy type, this time it's a middle aged guy. Think a merchant (not your typical "fat ugly merchant", more like a normal looking one, although not pretty) and somewhat of a scoundrel.

View attachment 2268789
(^ antagonist MC)

There is all kinds of stuff involving some kind of ghost entity, and they kept the labyrinth element, although I think they added to the complextiy of the gameplay now, it's not just "run through and take potions" if I am correct.

View attachment 2268790

They also work a lot with flashbacks again, esp. around protagonist nr. 2's past.

View attachment 2268792
(^ protagonist nr. 2)

And the male MC is more active now. He won't be out cold all game long. According to the dev there will be some conflict and animosity between the male MC and the antagonist who does the cucking.

View attachment 2268793

Dude has great taste in lingerie

Reactions: Voilsh

Float_Fish

May 11, 2022
Update regarding the port;

About halfway done, translated 150 maps out of 262 (maps = event dialogue). Initially I said I could finish before September because I used to be able to port at least 7-8 maps in an hour, up until I reached the point where I'm starting to port the fully voiced sexual events.

For context, the more voiced lines there are in a map, the more time consuming it is to port. So time consuming that my pace went from 7-8 maps per hour to a maximum of 2-3 maps per hour. On top of all that, some of the maps have added/removed/consolidated dialogue in the DLC vers., making it even more time-consuming since I have to machine translate those lines and edit it by context.

Considering there's 112 maps to go, each of which have AT LEAST 100 voiced lines, and I can allot at least an hour or two each day porting, I can't give any estimates anymore as to when the port will be finished. Certainly won't be anytime soon.

For now, here's the data folder with all of the ported dialogue so far. Just copy and paste it into the DLC vers. linked somewhere in this thread.
How far are you along at this point, or have you been burnt out translating this?

Float_Fish

May 11, 2022

View attachment 2268733

View attachment 2268805

View attachment 2268762

View attachment 2268789
(^ antagonist MC)

View attachment 2268790

View attachment 2268792
(^ protagonist nr. 2)

View attachment 2268793

What is it called? I can't find it anywhere.

3.40 star(s) 71 Votes