RPGM Completed The Curse of Kubel [v2.02+DLC] [Yasagure Kitsuenjyo/Kagura Games]

3.40 star(s) 71 Votes

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Pixeldrain's link in the OP still has version 03.18. Maybe there are others.
Nah, they are all the same, thankfully (well, since Monday, at any rate).
Don't let the 1,86GB/2,00GB thing fool you. One host just gives the size in GB, the other in more exact size, bytes (and then just says that 1 997 850 659 bytes =~ 2,00GB - which is technically not really true).
Like: 1679698916584.png . As I said, the same. Eff if I know why one is doing things this way, the other that way, though, lol!

nyagura

Feb 20, 2018
Nah, they are all the same, thankfully (well, since Monday, at any rate).
Don't let the 1,86GB/2,00GB thing fool you. One host just gives the size in GB, the other in more exact size, bytes (and then just says that 1 997 850 659 bytes =~ 2,00GB - which is technically not really true).
Like: View attachment 2492800 . As I said, the same. Eff if I know why one is doing things this way, the other that way, though, lol!
I decided it by Details, but not downloaded for checking.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I decided it by Details, but not downloaded for checking.
Well... That's truly, immensely, indubitably... very much effed! xD
I didn't notice that, but I can without any doubt say that right now (even DL'ed and checked), that all the downloads are the same, working as intended, v2.02. Dunno about the compressed one, but that also is very likely a-okay, since someone said here that they got all the endings already with that and didn't mention any voice-related bugs... Then again...
what's the bug? yeah i think I got the underwear thing triggered early at once scene, but nothing game breaking. Finished the game now and moving on, there might be some translation errors that can be rectified by using Japanese locale. If you go up the stairs there are the workarounds if you really have bugs
:whistle:

Shit. This rabbit-hole is just getting deeper!! lol
Well, maybe the Pixeldrain one was the ONLY correctly uploaded one on the 18th, the others bugged/missing files. The PD being the only one having a slightly different archive name and uploaded on the 18th seems to suggest something like that to me... (The Curse of Kubel vs The_Curse_of_Kubel for archive name at all the other hosts)

...seesh. Talk about much ado about pretty much nothing, though, me!! o_O

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MTL_EN_j0yer

MTL_EN_j0yer

Sep 11, 2018
The compressed is the old 2.0 version. You have to download the uncompressed.
Well... That's truly, immensely, indubitably... very much effed! xD
I didn't notice that, but I can without any doubt say that right now (even DL'ed and checked), that all the downloads are the same, working as intended, v2.02. Dunno about the compressed one, but that also is very likely a-okay, since someone said here that they got all the endings already with that and didn't mention any voice-related bugs... Then again... :whistle:

Shit. This rabbit-hole is just getting deeper!! lol
Well, maybe the Pixeldrain one was the ONLY correctly uploaded one on the 18th, the others bugged/missing files. The PD being the only one having a slightly different archive name and uploaded on the 18th seems to suggest something like that to me... (The Curse of Kubel vs The_Curse_of_Kubel for archive name at all the other hosts)

...seesh. Talk about much ado about pretty much nothing, though, me!! o_O
Now i extracted the pixle drain version too but I think I cant be bothered over a few voiced H scenes, I can understand that the compressed version I played was stripped of them and hence the really small extract size lol. But i'm past the game now.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Now i extracted the pixle drain version too but I think I cant be bothered over a few voiced H scenes, I can understand that the compressed version I played was stripped of them and hence the really small extract size lol. But i'm past the game now.
Don't worry, the compressed one is also -a compressed- v2.02. Just, for whatever reason, they named the archive 2.0 Compressed (instead of 2.02). You can even see v2.02 in the game's title bar when you run it. What made me curious was you mentioning getting JP, non-translated lines (I assume), or problems when not started with JP locale, which... you shouldn't have. But maybe you were speaking generally - like "if someone had problems like this..."
Funny thing is -TWIST- that the compressed actually has, like, 3 audio files missing, though none voice-related and most probably not even used in the game... xD
So unless the script files got effed up somehow during compression, you almost assuredly got the same experience as the rest.

...but I'm gonna walk away now. Hadn't even meaningfully played the game, just checking and comparing scenes and files thus far! lol

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: MTL_EN_j0yer

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Don't worry, the compressed one is also -a compressed- v2.02. Just, for whatever reason, they named the archive 2.0 Compressed (instead of 2.02). You can even see v2.02 in the game's title bar when you run it. What made me curious was you mentioning getting JP, non-translated lines (I assume), or problems when not started with JP locale, which... you shouldn't have. But maybe you were speaking generally - like "if someone had problems like this..."
Funny thing is -TWIST- that the compressed actually has, like, 3 audio files missing, though none voice-related and most probably not even used in the game... xD
So unless the script files got effed up somehow during compression, you almost assuredly got the same experience as the rest.

...but I'm gonna walk away now. Hadn't even meaningfully played the game, just checking and comparing scenes and files thus far! lol
Well fuck me sideways. Finally figured out. The compressed version is totally borked audio-wise after all... Even though it has all the files (bar 3), a good (a huge!) chunk of them is empty; not working. The compression process somehow killed them.
And I mean a loooot of them. And even that mega archive with the audio folder won't get the missing voiced lines back (and again, there's a lot), since, well, they are not there to replace the effed up ones (the voiced lines -for every event/scene, I assume-, are in separate folders '001'-'121', '200'-210' and '600' inside 'audio', and they are not present in the non-DLC version, naturally).

TL;DR
Compressed version not working correctly!
Download working uncompressed version from OP!

So yeah, pr0state , I will need to take back my previous statement, you -roughly- missed 70% of all audio in-game... :geek:
(so not
a few voiced H scenes
only, unfortunately)

Flojerazul20 Bru890 stickmemory Nutting The Rueful FilthyPOCK knuthamsun limelite

Well, shit, hope this is over now!! xD
All that talk while not seeing the forest for the trees... lol

Last edited:

Noobeginner

Dec 14, 2018
All the talk about voice makes me wonder about where is the old moan voiceover. I'm not complaining much because I like how the voiced dialogue makes it more like a NTR VN than NTRPG (which it is arguably). But still, imagine if you've got some background moaning when she isn't talking. Since the developer probably still care about this game, maybe in future patch?

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
All the talk about voice makes me wonder about where is the old moan voiceover. I'm not complaining much because I like how the voiced dialogue makes it more like a NTR VN than NTRPG (which it is arguably). But still, imagine if you've got some background moaning when she isn't talking. Since the developer probably still care about this game, maybe in future patch?
That's actually what started this all.* They are still among the game's audio files, heck, he even got more quality/rerecorded ones, just... couldn't/didn't want to implement them after all, sadly.
* I thought that someone managed to get those back; a misunderstanding on my part lol

Bru890

Sep 28, 2017
Well fuck me sideways. Finally figured out. The compressed version is totally borked audio-wise after all... Even though it has all the files (bar 3), a good (a huge!) chunk of them is empty; not working. The compression process somehow killed them.
And I mean a loooot of them. And even that mega archive with the audio folder won't get the missing voiced lines back (and again, there's a lot), since, well, they are not there to replace the effed up ones (the voiced lines -for every event/scene, I assume-, are in separate folders '001'-'121', '200'-210' and '600' inside 'audio', and they are not present in the non-DLC version, naturally).

TL;DR

So yeah, pr0state , I will need to take back my previous statement, you -roughly- missed 70% of all audio in-game... :geek:
(so not
only, unfortunately)

Flojerazul20 Bru890 stickmemory Nutting The Rueful FilthyPOCK knuthamsun limelite

I played enough of this one two years ago, and now I'm waiting for their next project, which looks promising.
p.s
The demo looked very much like a curse, with slightly different dungeon mechanics but overall extremely close and interesting.

Muchuu

Jun 12, 2017
OMG THIS game "Cucked me" at the end! I thought I had the good ending, and I went a little over on the Lascivious points (10) I got Jabaited from Masturbatin' ! ( not even from fuckin' the creep)
Cluck.PNG

Muchuu

Jun 12, 2017
Honestly, the only bugs I found during my playthrough were with the masturbation scene and mints reducing arousal by 10 instead of 20, like the text says they're supposed to.
I don't really mind the second one, but the masturbation bug just gets under my skin for no good reason. Guess it's a me problem.
So... I got the mastubatin' bug. Scene's would pop up to early in the playthrough (I didn't have the points, or the underwear). I got a crash when I ran out of mana, but stepped through the portal (Staircase) and another crash when I just started (ingame lulz) masturbating and hit (A) the log button, at the same time.

MTL_EN_j0yer

Sep 11, 2018

TL;DR

(so not
only, unfortunately)

Eh its alright, I just have too many H games and jrpgs to play with than I should have time to deal with each lol.

Audio really carried the immersion in some initial scenes but those funny sound effects were enough for me to carry through the content instead of being completely blank :D I sped through most of the essays of text anyway and it still took me 10+ hours between immersive grinding, save scumming and reviewing most NPC dialog, there's an incredible lot of text of NPC reactions throughout the area, wish they included some NPC horny interaction too lmao

Aug 8, 2017
description on the DL website
◆ Notes This additional update patch is a patch to further strengthen the NTR feeling. It's not a patch to add a happy ending. Please understand that this is a "Rare Man Corpse Kick Patch" before you enjoy it.

Reactions: Cuck man
3.40 star(s) 71 Votes