3.50 star(s) 84 Votes

Shizusan

Nov 21, 2019
wtf is an autotile..... i get an error saying theres a autotile missing after installing the game
Maybe has something to do with missing font
Note: If you start the game and there is no text showing, please install the fonts included in the game files. More information found HERE

Fakecrash

May 26, 2017
He used to work with someone who coded for him, but the guy would take way too long in their communication process and the updates would get delayed as a result. The guy bailed on him and he no longer trusts someone else to code for him.
Now he does all of it by himself, delays and all. Ironic, huh?
I could be wrong, but I think he had a female assistant too and they worked close ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Maybe wifey got jealous and kicked her out and that caused more delays lol

Reactions: rKnight

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
While we wait for a miracle I typed in google "the curse of pleasure 0.Xv" and looked at release dates...
0.1v - 30/06/2017
0.2v - 06/09/2017 (~2 months production time)
0.3v - 13/11/2017 (~2 months production time)
0.4v - 06/01/2018 (~2 months production time)
0.5v - 10/04/2018 (~3 months production time)
0.6v - 27/01/2019 (~9 months production time)
0.7v - 21/10/2019 (~9 months production time)
0.8v - 13/11/2020 (12+ months production time)
0.9? - waiting for 30+ months...
risitas-the.gif

neenerpants

May 26, 2018
is my memory correct that during the last big delay, people created fan-made recollections of this game? you could play out a few unofficial sex scenes in the recollection room, I'm sure of it. Why don't people do that again to keep this alive?

tsmaniac

Aug 11, 2017
plz someone ask him if there is any expected release date
I had asked that a year+ ago and the news then were summer 2022. Honesty I would be fine if I knew the game would be completed in 1 year + from now instead of getting rushed just so it can be finished half-assed.

gg125

Jul 17, 2019
Why doesn't he just hire a new coder that won't bail on him? Or fuck, use AI to code. Literally everyone's doing it these days.

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
Why doesn't he just hire a new coder that won't bail on him? Or fuck, use AI to code. Literally everyone's doing it these days.
Looks like he doesn't really want to work. He doesn't want to update the game, nor finish it. He had no trouble to prepare an update every 2 months, all way up to 0.5v. 30 months wait time is just bs. :KEK:

gg125

Jul 17, 2019
Looks like he doesn't really want to work. He doesn't want to update the game, nor finish it. He had no trouble to prepare an update every 2 months, all way up to 0.5v. 30 months wait time is just bs. :KEK:
Id argue that this is at least marginally better compared to the Dev of Newlife

「S」- Man

Aug 27, 2021
His previous coder tried to remake the game in Game Maker and bailed halfway the conversion. Besides, the coding for this game is incredibly repetitive, boring, prone to fatal errors etc because of how ancient and shitty the engine is.
I am not trying to say you are a lier, but the second part of you argument makes no sense, there is nothing hard about this game code or the story design or how it relates to the engine, even the engine itself it's not the one to blame. It's just a simple, linear, event-based story.
I used to think like you, but playing games like Fear and Hunger and tinkering with RPGM made me think Ranero don't want anybody else working with him for some strange reason, but the coding it's not the problem, maybe Ranero has a real problem getting around issues with the engine, but for most people, not even professional coders,but just amateurs on RPGM forum, making a game like this wouldn't be a problem at all on the programing side of things.

3.50 star(s) 84 Votes