3.50 star(s) 84 Votes

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
Hey guys, do you think we will be able to see 0.9 during August?
I hope you all spend a good summer (y)
Who knows? It's been over 8 months for a patch and this guy charges on a monthly basis, then releases a patch almost once a year with half a dozen scenes and 15 minutes of story. Fucking ridiculous.

Shizusan

Nov 21, 2019
To be fair to him on this last update he had a lot of medical issues making it impossible for him to draw and he also had a son in that time. Even he admitted that he wasn't particularly happy with the 0.8 update but he wanted to put it out to give people something.
I don't mind if he fixes it one day, and how do you know he has medical issues do you know him in real life? whats up with him? congrats to his new born!

Shizusan

Nov 21, 2019
I found a way to get around this. It's quite easy to get around luckily:
  • Download the trail version of "RPG Maker XP", click "open project" and navigate to the "Curse of Pleasure Alpha 0.8" folder. Then use it to open the "game" file.
  • When you've done that, go to "Tools"->"Database". This will open a new window.
  • In this window, go to "Common Events" (should be the second to last tab). (You should now see a list of events on the left, and some code on the right)
  • Click on "Common Event 001", as should be the "Clothing Check (Default)". (Once you've clicked on it, you should see a bunch of code on the right, and above that 3 fields: "Name", "Trigger" and "Condition switch")
  • Set "Trigger" to "None", press apply in the lower right of the window, then press "OK" to close the database window.
  • After that, press the "Save Project" button, and play the game.
Now you shouldn't get the "I can't walk around like this" pop-up, so you can interact with the father. After you're back at your house (aka the first place you can be fully clothed again), save the game, and do the exact same thing you did to disable the clothing check, except now you should set "Trigger" back to "Autorun". Then just save the project again, and you're sorted!

I haven't tested if this would result in bugs, but I highly doubt that it will. And even if it does, you could just copy over the newly made non-bugged save into a new copy of the game. Hope this helps!
I guess I'll have to try that thanks, but damn man making me work for it lol

edit- Actually that worked and it only took 5 minutes but had to switch it back to avoid any future possible bugs like you said some things might need an exposed check so put it back on autorun > 001exposed

Thanks, I might wait for the guy to update it sometime in the future to play it though hope his health is good.

Last edited:

GinOokami

Sep 12, 2019
I encountered issue opening the game,

rgss104e.dll not found, how to fix?
You most likely don't have the RTP on your computer. and install the RPG Maker XP RTP. This is just in case you don't know how to download after clicking the link. Scroll down a little bit until you can see a button that says "RPG Maker XP." Click that and click the "Download Run Time Package" for the RTP. After download, just install and voila.

Reactions: RembrandtQ
Jul 8, 2020
Starting to think he should've left the doctor appointments open longer. We could've gotten a lot more out of that.
I also think he could've stuck a quest or two below the southern border to do between furthering relations with the homeless population. It would've made getting them all jobs seem a lot longer of a process.
Then again more choices in the narrative would've been great.

Time-wise, it seems quite a long process for his updates. I can understand how it could take that long since he layers and animates EVERYTHING. I wish he had someone to edit things into layers for him to speed it up even a little. It's insane to think about how many people started and finished making their games by themselves, including programming AND artwork, while this update has been coming. Some of those are even way longer than the current build of this one.
I'm not demeaning dude's work, just sorta thinking outloud while waiting for updates.

I enjoyed the game thus far, regardless if the problems we all have had with it.

Gyattago

Jan 15, 2021
You most likely don't have the RTP on your computer. and install the RPG Maker XP RTP. This is just in case you don't know how to download after clicking the link. Scroll down a little bit until you can see a button that says "RPG Maker XP." Click that and click the "Download Run Time Package" for the RTP. After download, just install and voila.
is
compatible for this game instead?

Reactions: RembrandtQ

GinOokami

Sep 12, 2019
is
compatible for this game instead?
No, I don't think it's compatible. This game runs on XP instead of VX Ace (did play around with the game files a bit). Although, I'm not really sure how to differentiate games made between the two, but I'm certain that every RPGM XP games use weird controls (Like X for skipping/sprint).

gabich69

Dec 23, 2019
what is the point of posting so many CG in his discord? I mean if he did it once a month I could understand but it's almost every week lmao
Or does that mean that the next update is coming very soon? and he is teasing us...? :love:

Shizusan

Nov 21, 2019
I'm not clicking these new CG's its worth the wait and surprise when you play the game. I have to admit getting used to the controls but I also have to stress the button configuration screen on F1 sucks I can't make heads or tails on which button does what.

Last edited:
Reactions: CVDO

Gyattago

Jan 15, 2021
No, I don't think it's compatible. This game runs on XP instead of VX Ace (did play around with the game files a bit). Although, I'm not really sure how to differentiate games made between the two, but I'm certain that every RPGM XP games use weird controls (Like X for skipping/sprint).
Oh ok, thanks a lot.

Shizusan

Nov 21, 2019
anyone have Save ?
I got one but I don't think its 100% complete and I might of messed future load save on it by editing the game's mechanics and saving with those game mechanics, you probably don't want mine. but here it is. The recollection room is on the left side of the map near the lake 1st house at the top your house and inside there's a Crystal Ball glowing.

3.50 star(s) 84 Votes