3.50 star(s) 84 Votes
Jul 8, 2020
How far along is this game exactly? In terms of routes / close to ending.
There's no way we'd know, just the creator. He's spinning his narrative as time goes on. As far as I know he's never stated a basic premise for how everything will go down. He seems to have an idea of exposure levels, but he could always add to that. In earlier versions her virginity was taken by the bandit chief, but then in the next update he held onto it a bit longer and made her go deeper into perversions before having that little bastard Boo take it while she was under the influence of a drug.

An interesting side note since I touched on alternative paths, the dinner with the neighboring family from the start of the game has alternate scenes where things escalate. None of those have been implemented, but the scene pieces are already in the graphics folder. No idea if or when those will make it into the game.

how to increase exposure level ?
You read books. Before you can do that though you'll need to grind a bit (it is an RPG after all.) You just have to spam the various interactions with NPCs to raise her potential, like the kid who flips her skirt and the uncle who grabs her tits to say hello. Once she gets to the proper potential she'll be able to buy the first book from the salesman in the room next to the doctor. Unfortunately the exposure potential isn't listed in the status screen, but it will let you know how low it is when you try to buy the book. The second book belongs to Boo and will be given to you as you progress through the sleeping over at Boo's scenario.
You can only read the books at night.
First book allows her to walk around without her jacket and the second allows her to go topless at night time.

Last edited:

Fakecrash

May 26, 2017
I do not find this funny if it's going to take 3 months to straight the story that's a little ridiculous there's another game I have been playing
Star Knightess Aura [v0.19.1] [aura-dev]
this game going to be done way before his game is done.
i like both games but The Curse of Pleasure is in whole another level my dude, just check the amount of work done in the Art department, as for SKA v0.19 there are 340 files in the Pictures folder, while on TCoP 0.8 there is a whoping 4157 files! damn boy thats thick ass folder.

Last edited:

Louis3232

Jul 24, 2017
View attachment 1855649
I am not crazy! I know he delayed those updates! I knew it was June. As if I could ever make such a mistake. Never. Never! I just – I just couldn't prove it. He – he covered his tracks, he got those idiots at the Discord to lie for him. You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This chicanery? He's done worse. That 0.8! Are you telling me that a man just happens to take 1 year to release that update? No! He delayed it! RanneRo! He forced Yuuki to fuck Boo-kun!
And I played it! And I shouldn't have. I put the thread on my watchlist! What was I thinking? He'll never change. He'll never change! Ever since 2017, always the same! Couldn't keep his hands out of the Patreon money! But not our RanneRo! Couldn't be precious RanneRo! Stealing them blind! And he gets to be a game developer!? What a sick joke! I should've stopped him when I had the chance! And you – you have to stop him! You-

Yes since 2017, 2017...!, until now....! you guys understand?

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Lol, people saying that coding takes a lot of time have no idea what they are talking about, assuming you know what you are doing and that you are not actively sabotaging yourself in various ways it would take less time to code a scene than to write it. Way less.

The only bottlenecks i could see are creating art and implementing it into that convoluted modular model system.

Speaking of convoluted modular model system,
i like both games but The Curse of Pleasure is in whole another level my dude, just check the amount of work done in the Art department, as for SKA v0.19 there are 340 files in the Pictures folder, while on TCoP 0.8 there is a whoping 4157 files! damn boy thats thick ass folder.
Those 4157 files translate to exactly how many scenes? 20? That's what i've meant by not actively sabotaging yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Fakecrash
Aug 11, 2020
Lol, people saying that coding takes a lot of time have no idea what they are talking about, assuming you know what you are doing and that you are not actively sabotaging yourself in various ways it would take less time to code a scene than to write it. Way less.

The only bottlenecks i could see are creating art and implementing it into that convoluted modular model system.

Those 4157 files translate to exactly how many scenes? 20? That's what i've meant by not actively sabotaging yourself.
Try looking at the code before making stupid assumptions.

「S」- Man

Aug 27, 2021

And which situation do you think we are dealing here? One of an expert coding that is just lazy, and sabotaging himself, or maybe that the author is mainly an illustrator that had to teach himself how to code while mantaining other jobs while he does this game as a hobby/side-hustle.
Or maybe a third one, that is even crazier then this 2 and will blow my mind.

Reactions: Zyro and killerjeb

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Is this game somehow inspired by Sangeko no Gear ? It feels eerily similar. Or is that just because they both have the same RPG maker as a base?

Also how shota-heavy is the game?

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
And which situation do you think we are dealing here? One of an expert coding that is just lazy, and sabotaging himself, or maybe that the author is mainly an illustrator that had to teach himself how to code while mantaining other jobs while he does this game as a hobby/side-hustle.
Or maybe a third one, that is even crazier then this 2 and will blow my mind.
What expert? You only need to know the very basics to start off and after a year or two you will be good enough when it comes to engines like RPGM or Ren'Py, not to mention 5 years, what you said would make sense 4-5 years ago. This "side-hustle" brings him really good money without any commitments, hell in my country with this montly paycheck i could just quit my main job and i would still be quite a bit better off than average.

This is just RPGM, while to master and expand it would require some real time and effort (like Karryn's Prison), in order to get good enough you just need maybe a month with one hour a day. Double that if you have completely no idea how anything using electricity works.

This dev have 5 years of experience coding in this engine, get a grip.

「S」- Man

Aug 27, 2021
What expert? You only need to know the very basics to start off and after a year or two you will be good enough when it comes to engines like RPGM or Ren'Py, not to mention 5 years, what you said would make sense 4-5 years ago. This "side-hustle" brings him really good money without any commitments, hell in my country with this montly paycheck i could just quit my main job and i would still be quite a bit better off than average.

This is just RPGM, while to master and expand it would require some real time and effort (like Karryn's Prison), in order to get good enough you just need maybe a month with one hour a day. Double that if you have completely no idea how anything using electricity works.

This dev have 5 years of experience coding in this engine, get a grip.
Exactly, Karryn’s Prison is a game done by REM that focuses only on coding and have 5 years of exp doing only that, while Sachinama did the artwork for the game and the result of this is amazing.
But i would dare you to look at Sachinama old games were he did coding + artwork and try argue they are as good as Karryn's Prision or Melty's Quest.
Basicaly i am not arguing that is impossible to learn how to use RPGM on 5 years, what i am saying is lone coding is not as easy as you think it is, most well done projects either are done big specialized teams or if you do it alone it will simply take a lot of time.
But i am absolutly open to reconsider that if you show any example of a game you know that was done solely by 1 person and was great and was done quickly.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Exactly, Karryn’s Prison is a game done by REM that focuses only on coding and have 5 years of exp doing only that, while Sachinama did the artwork for the game and the result of this is amazing.
But i would dare you to look at Sachinama old games were he did coding + artwork and try argue they are as good as Karryn's Prision or Melty's Quest.
Basicaly i am not arguing that is impossible to learn how to use RPGM on 5 years, what i am saying is lone coding is not as easy as you think it is, most well done projects either are done big specialized teams or if you do it alone it will simply take a lot of time.
But i am absolutly open to reconsider that if you show any example of a game you know that was done solely by 1 person and was great and was done quickly.
Caliross, just off the top of my head, i saw a similar question before and someone listed around a dozen single devs with high quality games and regular updates. I would list more games, but i'm not following which games are made by single devs and which are made by teams, but there is quite a few of them.
The Way was also made by a single dev, but he got discouraged with how unpopular it was for no reason and eventually dropped it. Defenestration was made by a single dev too, but he eventually started milking patrons too, and then his country got attacked (Ukraine).

Oh, and don't be like "i am not arguing that is impossible to learn how to use RPGM on 5 years", it's impossible to NOT learn it in a year of using it, so stop with the semantics.

Sep 29, 2019
Defenestration was made by a single dev too, but he eventually started milking patrons too
Can you explain how RanneRo is "milking patrons" by providing them with information of exactly what he's going to work on the next month before they get billed, stopping billing entirely when he takes breaks and warning people ahead of time that the update will not come for X amounts of months thus saving anybody who just wants the update ahead of free release from paying for a month when the game isn't coming out?
I don't get why every time we get someone arguing about RanneRo's (in)ability to put out frequent updates they feel the need to assume malice on his part even though all the evidence suggest that he is anything but malicious to his patrons.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Is there a walkthrough for this?
Im after the bandit camp and want to raise exposure level. I always see the potential being raised but not the level. How do I do that?

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
Can you explain how RanneRo is "milking patrons" by providing them with information of exactly what he's going to work on the next month before they get billed, stopping billing entirely when he takes breaks and warning people ahead of time that the update will not come for X amounts of months thus saving anybody who just wants the update ahead of free release from paying for a month when the game isn't coming out?
I don't get why every time we get someone arguing about RanneRo's (in)ability to put out frequent updates they feel the need to assume malice on his part even though all the evidence suggest that he is anything but malicious to his patrons.
Oh, i'm not assuming malice, i can't read minds, instead i just take stuff at dry, face value: gets paid but there are no updates or updates lack content -> milking, intentionally or not.

Sep 29, 2019
gets paid but there are no updates
Except like I said he pauses Patreon when he won't work that month
updates lack content
He posts what he will work on that month and rarely doesn't finish the goals he sets

I just don't understand how someone that tells you exactly what he is going to do (providing you with the choice to give him money for that work or not) and then does that thing is "milking" you.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
He posts what he will work on that month and rarely doesn't finish the goals he sets

I just don't understand how someone that tells you exactly what he is going to do (providing you with the choice to give him money for that work or not) and then does that thing is "milking" you.
I'm afraid that's wrong thread for this discussion and i will gracefully dodge it asking you to post that in Defenestration thread :cool:.

pcaf

Dec 3, 2019
Oh, i'm not assuming malice, i can't read minds, instead i just take stuff at dry, face value: gets paid but there are no updates or updates lack content -> milking, intentionally or not.
Under normal circumstances I would be inclined to agree with your argument. However unlike other known milkers, this game is completely free to download.

Jul 8, 2020
the post says Thread Updated: 2020-11-14, is this abandoned?
I'm going to answer this two ways:
"Is the game abandoned?" No. If you read the last few pages of posts or check in on the links for the creator you can see there is an estimated release of an update within the year. Most likely that date is when the original post at the top of page one was edited.
"Is the thread abandoned?" No. Not only is everyone who actually follows this project updating those of us who don't, but there are a legion of people complaining about the creator giving us a timeframe and how he takes patreon money while he is working on the game (and does not accept money during any month he makes no progress, but no one complaining admits to that point.)
Also, every week or two someone asks "Is this abandoned" and most times that post directly follows a post in the thread showing current progress.
*Bracing myself now for the next post that will wonder why there isn't text showing on the title screen.*

AnonSS00

Nov 15, 2017
I'm going to answer this two ways:
"Is the game abandoned?" No. If you read the last few pages of posts or check in on the links for the creator you can see there is an estimated release of an update within the year. Most likely that date is when the original post at the top of page one was edited.
"Is the thread abandoned?" No. Not only is everyone who actually follows this project updating those of us who don't, but there are a legion of people complaining about the creator giving us a timeframe and how he takes patreon money while he is working on the game (and does not accept money during any month he makes no progress, but no one complaining admits to that point.)
Also, every week or two someone asks "Is this abandoned" and most times that post directly follows a post in the thread showing current progress.
*Bracing myself now for the next post that will wonder why there isn't text showing on the title screen.*
Dude, chill.

3.50 star(s) 84 Votes