3.50 star(s) 84 Votes

XxLolxX1

May 16, 2017
Took long enough.

Honestly, if he really has worked on content for the two years it's been since the last update, he realistically should've just uploaded specific parts. Smaller, more frequent updates look better than two years and promises of a big update.
I agree his update schedule are awful. His art is high quality so it makes sense it takes him a lot of time to draw it but 2 years ? Why not stop drawing after 6 months and implement those CGs in the game, it's almost been 2 years since an update yet he gets money every month on patreon anyways. Only in this industry will you see people pay 10$ a month for 2 years without getting anything in return. Which is the main reason why I stopped supporting him a few years back ( I supported him when he began for ~ a year and a half ) but his update schedule was too far apart for me to find it reasonable to support him.

I thought the "Abandoned" tag was for there's no news from the dev for a long time... his last post on patreon is from a month ago. If you think he's a scammer who only posts small progress updates to keep his patreons happy maybe delete the whole thread. Or come up with some sort of warning tag.
I don't think he is a scammer, he just has a shit update schedule. Many games with updates from the devs get the abandoned tag after 6 months yet this one hasn't had it after a year and a half. What if he has been drawing a few pictures to act like the game isn't abandoned but it's just a way to get more patreon for nothing in return ? How many people might support him when there is nothing to support anymore ? I don't think he is doing that but 6 months is a reasonable time to put the tag abandoned on a game.

Reactions: Toushiro

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
What if he has been drawing a few pictures to act like the game isn't abandoned
This is an accurate description of his last post.
I don't think he is doing that
Okay, optimistic but okay.
but 6 months is a reasonable time to put the tag abandoned
And considering the second quote, this statement makes no sense. He IS posting updates about his progress. When you're working alone on a game 6 months is not that long. And as far as I heard some of his high tier parteons do get some update (could be wrong though).

Half the games here have not received updates in more than 6 months but are not marked as abandoned yet.

Mar 19, 2021
This is an accurate description of his last post.

Okay, optimistic but okay.

And considering the second quote, this statement makes no sense. He IS posting updates about his progress. When you're working alone on a game 6 months is not that long. And as far as I heard some of his high tier parteons do get some update (could be wrong though).

Half the games here have not received updates in more than 6 months but are not marked as abandoned yet.
It doesn't matter if its marked as abandoned, dude has a good amount of support and no matter what ya say those hard headed folks won't listen. Just take note of people who keep bringing up how much money he makes a month ignoring when he purposely turns off monthly payments when he wasn't working. Most work schedule progress is literally free to view on his patreon for anyone to see, and so is his discord so folks who want to hear any news can just view those.

• Angry

PinkyAstolfo

May 29, 2018
To honestly , if you've the time for spam memes or chiat-chat in your discord so you have also the time for work, 6 month+ for a fiew of cgs and 3 months just for write fiew things, bruh, are you trolling or smth

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
Don't get me wrong. It's been almost 2 years since the last official update which is absolute BS. But it's not like he's silent.

Zyro

May 27, 2017
I don't think he is a scammer, he just has a shit update schedule. Many games with updates from the devs get the abandoned tag after 6 months yet this one hasn't had it after a year and a half. What if he has been drawing a few pictures to act like the game isn't abandoned but it's just a way to get more patreon for nothing in return ? How many people might support him when there is nothing to support anymore ? I don't think he is doing that but 6 months is a reasonable time to put the tag abandoned on a game.
Can't be a scam if he doesn't charge even a single dollar for the game.
The game is completely free on his Patreon.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
For those who don't know, 18 months+ without an update === abandoned tag. Forum rule, because if you have to wait 18 months or more for an update, what's the difference between that and the game being dead?

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
For those who don't know, 18 months+ without an update === abandoned tag. Forum rule, because if you have to wait 18 months or more for an update, what's the difference between that and the game being dead?
afaik this update will have a lot of content, and its *supposed* to come out within 2-3 months or even earlier(can't confirm thats actually gonna happen though) still its not "abandoned" since we still have info on progress and where he is at right now (story writing)

EDIT: also what rule are you talking about

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
afaik this update will have a lot of content, and its *supposed* to come out within 2-3 months or even earlier(can't confirm thats actually gonna happen though) still its not "abandoned" since we still have info on progress and where he is at right now (story writing)

EDIT: also what rule are you talking about
It's the forum rule, as I said. Check the rules in the games tab. If the dev doesn't have a game update in 18 months, that's an abandoned tag. It's a consistent rule for the reason I said above, as a dev can easily lie that he's working while collecting monthly support.

This is common in fat Patreon projects.

Neriman

Sep 23, 2017
Took long enough.

Honestly, if he really has worked on content for the two years it's been since the last update, he realistically should've just uploaded specific parts. Smaller, more frequent updates look better than two years and promises of a big update.
>Promises of a big update
As far as I remember he never said "I promise to release a big update" let alone ever mentioning 0.9 would be "big", people just asumed that because of the amount of teaser artwork.
And whats this about "he should have"? Why should he? Your comment makes me think you believe the "abandoned" tag is some sort of punishment brought upon him for not releasing content in 2 years for a free game. :unsure:

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
Who cares this game is not even that great. Its OK. Pretty much a bunch of kiddy bullshit. The female MC is cute but besides that I dont understand why people are so obsessed with this game. Even the story is not that great. And I agree with whoever said if a game hasnt been updated in around 2 years I'd consider it abandoned or at the very least on hold.

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
It's the forum rule, as I said. Check the rules in the games tab. If the dev doesn't have a game update in 18 months, that's an abandoned tag. It's a consistent rule for the reason I said above, as a dev can easily lie that he's working while collecting monthly support.

This is common in fat Patreon projects.
It says 3 months without any kind of post, The latest patreon update was in end of june and dev is active on discord.
Not to mention july has payment disabled on patreon.

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
It says 3 months without any kind of post, The latest patreon update was in end of june and dev is active on discord.
Not to mention july has payment disabled on patreon.
The staff has such a rule, and most of the time 18 months without an update really indicates dead projects. It's not news to anyone.

And he's been collecting money for almost two years so far and just disabled it in July? Well, I'm not a patron of this dev, it's not my responsibility to demand anything from him...

Reactions: elbro

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
The staff has such a rule, and most of the time 18 months without an update really indicates dead projects. It's not news to anyone.

And he's been collecting money for almost two years so far and just disabled it in July? Well, I'm not a patron of this dev, it's not my responsibility to demand anything from him...
I couldn't tell ya if he disabled it previously, But still I don't know if its entirely accurate to call it abandoned. But alas i cant read the devs mind.

GrammarApe

Aug 19, 2019
cough* i remember reading something about it being in april, then pushed back a few month backs, then another, then another. in 2020.
honestly its safe to say and assume, that this game should be under "dis-continued" tag and close the thread, till further notice. and anyone that wants CG update, should just join the discord.
Bruh....

Sep 29, 2019
Guys why stop at reporting for it as abandoned when it's not?
Should also report it for shotacon which is actually against f95 rules. But I doubt people will do that since if the game is removed from here they will have to wait 2 extra weeks to download instead of getting on the same day by a generous patreon. It wouldn't matter if you think the game is actually abandoned but everybody knows it's not.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
You people are acting like being marked abandoned on this pirate site means anything. There's not some rule that as soon as f95 marks it as abandoned (or completed) the dev is legally/morally/monetarily obligated to immediately cease all work on the game. If you trust the dev then he'll release the game when he's ready as he was always going to do, but the tag does have some benefit to casual browsers here to know that a) the game isn't finished and b) it's been a long time without an update and there's no real release date in sight. It's not like it can't have the tag removed when the update does come either.

3.50 star(s) 84 Votes