3.50 star(s) 84 Votes

killerjeb

Not Real Killer
Donor
Aug 9, 2018
glad this game is marked as abandoned, so those idots won't come and say why this is not abandoned without update for two years. and that patron is stupid to support this game. blablabla.

Whether this game is marked abandoned on this site doesn't mean anything to be honest. I am still looking forward to the next update.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Rules say after 3 month with no activity or word from the dev, the game is tagged. So the tag doesn't really reflect actual abandonment so much as just "no news in a while".
I mean... Rannero's patreon says release is probably around the end of July or sometime in August. I'm not sure why the game got marked 'Abandoned'. Not to mention that he posted an update on his Patreon like 4 hours ago.
18 months without an update === abandoned tag.

Kane0ne

Aug 20, 2017

I just finished writing the goblins arc. I still need to implement CGs into them, but it won't be a problem. This one isn't as long as bandit arc but it took me quite some time since I was stucked of how to make it less cringy and more logical.
Of course, I'm not pleased with this month's working pace but I promise I'll speed it up in the time ahead.
I'm going to resume the payment cycle for next month, and I want to let you know it just in case you're disappointed of the development speed. I know, I know very well, and I feel the pressure from the community. It's so stressful for me trying not to disappoint you while keeping my imagination free from being forced. Many times I thought about taking a long ass break but the fear of not having enough for my family to live in future has been haunting me, I can't stop working while in reality I'm burning out.
Things just aren't like before anymore, I think the best condition for someone to fully devote their life to their product is when they're living alone, single, and sitting in front of their computer for 18/24.
Please bear with me with my nonsense mumbling but hey I won't abandon this game so don't worry, I'm fine with you stopping your support because I don't deserve it, really, I just need more time to make everything perfect. Meanwhile, the only thing you can do is wait, sorry!
I just finished writing the goblins arc. I still need to implement CGs into them, but it won't be a problem. This one isn't as long as bandit arc but it took me quite some time since I was stucked of how to make it less cringy and more logical.
Of course, I'm not pleased with this month's working pace but I promise I'll speed it up in the time ahead.
I'm going to resume the payment cycle for next month, and I want to let you know it just in case you're disappointed of the development speed. I know, I know very well, and I feel the pressure from the community. It's so stressful for me trying not to disappoint you while keeping my imagination free from being forced. Many times I thought about taking a long ass break but the fear of not having enough for my family to live in future has been haunting me, I can't stop working while in reality I'm burning out.
Things just aren't like before anymore, I think the best condition for someone to fully devote their life to their product is when they're living alone, single, and sitting in front of their computer for 18/24.
Please bear with me with my nonsense mumbling but hey I won't abandon this game so don't worry, I'm fine with you stopping your support because I don't deserve it, really, I just need more time to make everything perfect. Meanwhile, the only thing you can do is wait, sorry!

Jul 8, 2020
It is in the first post of the thread. It was about 2 years ago.
View attachment 1955681
RanneRo does not post in this forum himself, other people post those here and apparently not very attentive people because he had bugfixes and patches released in 2021. Only a mod or the original poster can edit the first post, which is the post with the "Thread Updated" date in question. Those bug fixes and the like might be found in other places on this thread, but not in that original post. In all honesty THAT is what is truly abandoned.
RanneRo has posted updates on his progress or reasons for lack of progress consistently on his Discord and every so often on his Patreon (See KaneOne's post above this for the latest.)

Reactions: phantomz

IamUstupid

Sep 28, 2021
HOnestly i dont mind this series to be marked Abandoned. cause i never had any deep interest in it. Besides This project has been delayed soo many times that it was starting to feel like a g.ddamn dead weight. Appericiate the authors work till this point but would prefer for him to move on to something alittle more interesting. Good Luck

IamUstupid

Sep 28, 2021

Is that really what he said ? sounds like a lame excuse to me.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
RanneRo does not post in this forum himself, other people post those here and apparently not very attentive people because he had bugfixes and patches released in 2021. Only a mod or the original poster can edit the first post, which is the post with the "Thread Updated" date in question. Those bug fixes and the like might be found in other places on this thread, but not in that original post. In all honesty THAT is what is truly abandoned.
RanneRo has posted updates on his progress or reasons for lack of progress consistently on his Discord and every so often on his Patreon (See KaneOne's post above this for the latest.)
Same as I had said before. I'm totally understanding with personal issues and the dev can't work, but if that happens, he needs to pause collecting money. Keeping collecting money for two years without offering anything is not acceptable.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
HOnestly i dont mind this series to be marked Abandoned. cause i never had any deep interest in it. Besides This project has been delayed soo many times that it was starting to feel like a g.ddamn dead weight. Appericiate the authors work till this point but would prefer for him to move on to something alittle more interesting. Good Luck
Sooo... Basically your post boils down to "I don't mind this game being marked abandonned because it doesn't interest me. I want the dev to give it up and make a game I'll be interested in." ?
So much for contribution I guess...?

Jul 8, 2020
Same as I had said before. I'm totally understanding with personal issues and the dev can't work, but if that happens, he needs to pause collecting money. Keeping collecting money for two years without offering anything is not acceptable.
You, like many others who have come into this thread to complain about his Patreon money, apparently have never been patrons of his. If you were, as I was from September 2021 until March 2022, then you'd know that he takes no money during a month he makes no progress. I only pledged $1 a month, but was only pulled from twice. Every month besides that I'd actually receive 6 cents from Patreon, which I thought was weird but I guess that's how it works.

darknight7

May 25, 2017
Guys I've tried everything in this thread to fix the problem but I still have the autotiles missing error, I have all the rtx and stuff installed but it stills show the message

Neriman

Sep 23, 2017
Guys I've tried everything in this thread to fix the problem but I still have the autotiles missing error, I have all the rtx and stuff installed but it stills show the message
It has to be something about the RTP package. Did you install xp_rtp104e.exe ?
The autotiles folder Curse of Pleasure is using is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS\Standard
Remember its RPG Maker XP.

Zyro

May 27, 2017
He doesn't collect money solely for the game. People need to understand that the game is completely free and you only sub to his Patreon to support his work.

1659254163543.png

So yes, while it is unacceptable to take money without providing content (and which he did for quite a while but did put it on pause now) his Patreon has never been a place for his artwork, they're all available on his Pixiv.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Project obviously not abandoned, theres dev messages its ongoing and yet we have to have page after page commenting about the fucking abandoned tag.
Why?

Reactions: Corbeau
3.50 star(s) 84 Votes