3.50 star(s) 84 Votes

blah0526

Feb 8, 2018
I'm unfamiliar with RPGM, how exactly would one mod this? I'm thinking of just starting to add things to this game.

Shiroikata

Jan 27, 2020
Alright. I've wanted to make a game for many years. Might as well start with a mod. I'm gonna do some work on this. I'm going to see if I can figure out what RPG maker is and how to work. I'll post updates that I make here.
A MESSIAH!!!

kraine

Jul 25, 2017
Alright. I've wanted to make a game for many years. Might as well start with a mod. I'm gonna do some work on this. I'm going to see if I can figure out what RPG maker is and how to work. I'll post updates that I make here.
This actually brings up something I never thought of with the use of AI art. Since Rannero is using AI art and just barely cleaning it up, nothing could stop someone from just going in and finishing the game themselves. Heck, they could even start a patreon for it.

blah0526

Feb 8, 2018
I've started reading into the game a bit with a RPG Maker XP engine demo copy. I guess you don't need to know how to code to make something in this engine which is nice. I'll see if I can make some change and updates within a month or so.

Reactions: starvoyager

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
This actually brings up something I never thought of with the use of AI art. Since Rannero is using AI art and just barely cleaning it up, nothing could stop someone from just going in and finishing the game themselves. Heck, they could even start a patreon for it.
Yeah exactly, why are his patreons supporting him so blindly I don't understand :FacePalm: Guy is barely putting in any effort, hasn't updated the game since 3 years and people are still expecting a copium update

blah0526

Feb 8, 2018
Hope is a powerful drug.
Indeed it is. The only problem I'll have, is that I can't do art. I'm a coder. Can't make new assets really. I'll look into AI see if I can do something maybe with that? It's going to be rough though to imitate the art style. I might use Rhodes fortress as well as another reference to train on. The styles are similar in nature. If I do end up making changes and posting them, any recommendations as to where to post that? A new forum post involving mods?

Frosty92

May 12, 2017
Indeed it is. The only problem I'll have, is that I can't do art. I'm a coder. Can't make new assets really. I'll look into AI see if I can do something maybe with that? It's going to be rough though to imitate the art style. I might use Rhodes fortress as well as another reference to train on. The styles are similar in nature. If I do end up making changes and posting them, any recommendations as to where to post that? A new forum post involving mods?
As someone who value art over everything else I'd advice to play only with art first. Share one or two images of your work. Ask people to rate it if they want more, and then decide if it's worth your time.

Reactions: ThunderFury

oldboggy

Aug 2, 2019
I've started reading into the game a bit with a RPG Maker XP engine demo copy. I guess you don't need to know how to code to make something in this engine which is nice. I'll see if I can make some change and updates within a month or so.
While you don't actually need to do any coding in RPG Maker, to go beyond the basics you will actually be working in two separate systems: the simple event system and then the much more powerful scripting system using Ruby. Most XP games rarely go beyond the former (maybe adding in Yanfly's plugins). But, as you noticed, Curse of Pleasure is based off Scale Garden's stuff which makes heavy use of the the scripting system (in particular to achieve the boob bounce). I've never tried modding Curse of Pleasure, did play around with some of Scale Garden's stuff and Spin around Sayla (latter also used Scale Garden's methods). Uffffff!!!!! the coding got the job done and had some very interesting ideas but the implementation... I believe the real reason Rannero avoids working on this is that he is an artist, not a programmer and the framework he is working in from Scale Garden makes it painful to evolve the game.

Good luck with your attempts, there is already plenty of raw material in this game for one to exploit.

• Wow
Reactions: Lordtaco123

blah0526

Feb 8, 2018
While you don't actually need to do any coding in RPG Maker, to go beyond the basics you will actually be working in two separate systems: the simple event system and then the much more powerful scripting system using Ruby. Most XP games rarely go beyond the former (maybe adding in Yanfly's plugins). But, as you noticed, Curse of Pleasure is based off Scale Garden's stuff which makes heavy use of the the scripting system (in particular to achieve the boob bounce). I've never tried modding Curse of Pleasure, did play around with some of Scale Garden's stuff and Spin around Sayla (latter also used Scale Garden's methods). Uffffff!!!!! the coding got the job done and had some very interesting ideas but the implementation... I believe the real reason Rannero avoids working on this is that he is an artist, not a programmer and the framework he is working in from Scale Garden makes it painful to evolve the game.

Good luck with your attempts, there is already plenty of raw material in this game for one to exploit.
Thanks. The way the animations are set, definitely leaves for flexibility with how the layers are laid out. I'll have to look into the scale garden stuff you're talking about. I only know of Rhodes fortress.

3.50 star(s) 84 Votes