The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
1667813854606.png

18% off when you purchase 3 new releases (that will be payed cash and without the GC discount) sounds like a joke. But if you run out of store credit, it can be better than nothing. (And the free new releases do not trigger the GC discount).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
View attachment 2152712

18% off when you purchase 3 new releases (that will be payed cash and without the GC discount) sounds like a joke. But if you run out of store credit, it can be better than nothing. (And the free new releases do not trigger the GC discount).
With a 'throwaway' $10-ish buy-in (the 3 cheapest Daz+ new releases), you are looking at around a 16% discount on a $500 gift card, or around $420-ish after discount. So, if you are in need of a store credit recharge...

NOTE that this GC sale runs until Tuesday night though. So I'd suggest holding off to see what else might pop up between now and tomorrow evening Daz time if you are in need of a recharge.

Otherwise, as amster22 noted, this is kind of a 'meh' deal as is.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Useless rant that nobody will care about.

Renderosity is the queen of G8F figures! As far as I can tell, Renderosity has more unique G8F characters than Daz3D.com does. 2280 according to this search:

The reason I say 'as far as I can tell' is because the Daz3D.com sort options are USELESS! Here's the People and Wearables > Genesis 8 > Female sort:

NOTE that it includes clothing, expressions, morphs of course, and props and who knows what else. So there MIGHT be 2300+ characters, but there's no way of really knowing. I'd guess that it's probably closer to 1800 or less unique characters out of 2700 items.

Anyways, yeah the Daz3D.com search and sort options are very lacking! I have a much easier time drilling down over at Renderosity, once I get to the right category page that is...

/rant off
o_O

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018

Renderosity is the queen of G8F figures! As far as I can tell, Renderosity has more unique G8F characters than Daz3D.com does. 2280 according to this search:

The reason I say 'as far as I can tell' is because the Daz3D.com sort options are USELESS! Here's the People and Wearables > Genesis 8 > Female sort:

NOTE that it includes clothing, expressions, morphs of course, and props and who knows what else. So there MIGHT be 2300+ characters, but there's no way of really knowing. I'd guess that it's probably closer to 1800 or less unique characters out of 2700 items.

Anyways, yeah the Daz3D.com search and sort options are very lacking! I have a much easier time drilling down over at Renderosity, once I get to the right category page that is...

/rant off
o_O
I really don't understand it. All they do is sell digital goods on a website. You would think a company that only makes money on selling digital goods on a website would take the time and effort to make the process of buying digital goods on the website as seamless and convenient as possible.
I totally understand (I don't like it but understand) why their Forum software is so terrible and runs on a 386 server box in someone's basement. They don't make money on the Forums, so when it goes down they just don't give a shit.
But the main site, that is their value add. That's the whole deal!

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 11.22.28 PM.png

Does anyone know what the new dForce Assistant and Render Queue 3 are?
I checked "New Products" but couldn't find anything (except some tutorials?)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
FranceToast said:
Does anyone know what the new dForce Assistant and Render Queue 3 are?
I checked "New Products" but couldn't find anything (except some tutorials?)
It must have been broken before, they're the very first two items on the page you get from clicking that banner. (And they're in the first five products on the page with the banner.)

Heh, I've nearly ranted about renderosity vs. daz search multiple times. It's very frustrating that each of them has some important features that the other doesn't have. The ideal search would be some combination of features from both of them plus a few things neither of them has. Instead you get the insanity of Daz not letting you filter properly by the type of thing it is, and renderosity interpreting "G8F & G3F" as "must be a product that is tagged with both G8F and G3F", not "all products tagged with either" (which is maybe debatable in that case but clearly nonsense when you want to select several vendors), plus renderosity being so slow to change because you have to wait for two server round-trips.

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
has two 50%-off vendor blocks going:

Plus more "cream of the crop" sales ( , ) for 50%/60% off.

In addition, there's still volume discounts:
  • $2 off $15 (13% off, combined with 50% off is 56% off)
  • $5 off $35 (14% off, combined with 50% off is 57% off)
  • $10 off $60 (16% off, combined with 50% off is 58% off)

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I just got an orange banner at Daz you may want to check for, $5 off any order of $15 or more for the next 48 hours.

It works multiple times, so this is like the renderosity volume discounts, you want to hit the $15 target without going too far over. For example, if you want to buy $50 of stuff, split it into three orders just over $15.

One limitation: doesn't apply to new releases. But, new releases still apply to the $15 total, so a $4.99 non-new release and an $11 new release, the full $5 account gets applied to make the $4.99 item free (I tested this case specifically), so it still ends up costing $11 for $16 of items, so it doesn't really matter as long as you have $5 or more of non-new-releases per order.

And there's a buried-in-the-rotating-banners you can combine that with, if you're looking for some discounted items to buy:
1667952460675.png

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
View attachment 2156989
They sneakily upgraded the gift card sale. Now it does not have a buy in and you can get up to 18%. The most recent sale I can remember that was better was only 20% and iirc with buy-in.
And if you purchase a $200 GC, with the $5 off, you can add for free a $5 item, which gives you an extra 2.5% off your gift card.
(I tried and the free item works. The GC discount seems broken, though :(, but it will probably be fixed.)
EDIT: fully functional now.

Last edited:
  • Hey there

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo, all clearance items at $3.5 till Thursday

(Clearance are normally at 35%/55%prime off and their base price is frequently <=$10, so the discount is very good, but not exceptional (if you are prime). Worth a look, though, but there are ~10k items....)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
At least the Daz+ freebie this week isn't a plant, but some sort of sci-fi vehicle...

Doesn't look like it has an interior, but it's free so maybe as a background vehicle or something. I'm 'parking' it for a couple of days in case it's needed as a new release prereq in some sale...

cat370.jpg

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1668016503471.png

$2.99 each or $1.99 with a

Not sure I understand "Daz+ get incredibile ..." is it Daz+ for a Day again? or is it just Daz+ items at $2.99 (previously offered at $1.99) at $1.99 if you add a ?
[EDIT] There is a in this Flash Sale, holding my breath for it to be promoted to being a Daz+ Monthly Freebie [/Edit]

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
The Banner for the says it expires on 2022-11-09 23:59MST ... just checked, it is still active if you thought you missed it and need a top-up ... they'll probably fix it once they start back at the office this morning ...

[EDIT] 2022-11-10 13:56GMT - Still Active [/EDIT]

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote