The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
The Banner for the says it expires on 2022-11-09 23:59MST ... just checked, it is still active if you thought you missed it and need a top-up ... they'll probably fix it once they start back at the office this morning ...
It is still there, I guess they had the 33% problem yesterday because they had two gc sales going on at the same time. There is one here as well: the 33% glitch is gone though.

Also:
1110-flashsale-01.jpg

The 5$ off orange banner is still active today, so you can get those guys for <1.99$ if you buy enough to get to 15$ (with a new release that should be easy).

EDIT: ok, easy is relative, the items are just the same 1.99$ items we already had in october, so I assume most people here already went through them once, so probably doesn't make sense to buy them now.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The $5 off $15 orange banner disappeared this afternoon apparently - I was going to use it, but it's no longer in my message cue. There's another one though, that Gives you $5 off of any one Daz Original that is at least $7 through November 13th...
Coupon Code:
FIVE OFF

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
The banner is wrong, use "FIVEOFF" not "FIVE OFF".

Also, according to Daz forums, the original price has to be over 7 dollars, not the discounted price, so you can get a $4.99 item for free.
I just logged on, saw the message:

1668170578075.png

but because I didn't read it properly bought:

1668170670758.png

using coupon code: FIVEOFF ... the item is listed at:

1668170736928.png

So it seems, that if you have the Orange Banner Message, it is the MSRP that qualifies for the $5.00 Off ...

Good luck

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At Renderosity a couple of decent sales:
Till next Sunday, a set of recent assets at 60% off
A set of items at 60% off (only today)
and several other less appealing sales
(and there are still some very interesting bargains in the already mentioned $3.5 "clearance" sale till Thursday )

At Daz 3D, the rehash of daz+-for-a-day items at $2.99/$1.99-with-a-new-release continues. Maybe worth a look, just in case.

And a new stacking discount that seems rather interesting: if I understood properly (but daz wording can be somehow convoluted), it only requires a $2+ purchase per day (a "punch"), and you get 10% off for every "punch" in the last two days up to 20% off. The "punch" amount (buy-in) is small and 20% off is a good discount. As it is entitled "EARLY BLACK FRIDAY PUNCH CARD", it should last for the next 10 days.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
At Renderosity a couple of decent sales:
Till next Sunday, a set of recent assets at 60% off
A set of items at 60% off (only today)
and several other less appealing sales
(and there are still some very interesting bargains in the already mentioned $3.5 "clearance" sale till Thursday )

At Daz 3D, the rehash of daz+-for-a-day items at $2.99/$1.99-with-a-new-release continues. Maybe worth a look, just in case.

And a new stacking discount that seems rather interesting: if I understood properly (but daz wording can be somehow convoluted), it only requires a $2+ purchase per day (a "punch"), and you get 10% off for every "punch" in the last two days up to 20% off. The "punch" amount (buy-in) is small and 20% off is a good discount. As it is entitled "EARLY BLACK FRIDAY PUNCH CARD", it should last for the next 10 days.
A qualifying purchase is anything, except Gift Cards, for $2.00 or more
You get a maximum of 1 punch per day
A punch comes into effect the day following the qualifying purchase
You can carry a maximum of 2 Punches (2 previous day qualifying purchases)
A Punch expires, unless it is a Rolling Punch, expires on the day after it came into effect
The oldest Rolling Punch expires on the third day after the qualifying purchase, this is to make you make a qualifying purchase every day
Purchases made yesterday (2022-11-13) and the day before (2022-11-12) qualify as Punches
1 Punch gives you 10% off your cart
2 Punches gives you 20% off your cart - this is the Max Discount, but since it is on the cart value it stacks with any other deal
The day's total Punch discount is available for all purchases, except Gift Cards and FastGrabs, made on the day

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1668447071331.png

:unsure: are they putting on Padding to protect themselves from the Daily Punches?
[EDIT]

1668448403070.png

Not too bad a deal ... I think ... discount includes 2 Punches

[/EDIT]

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
A Punch expires, unless it is a Rolling Punch, expires on the day after it came into effect
The oldest Rolling Punch expires on the third day after the qualifying purchase, this is to make you make a qualifying purchase every day
Where are you getting this from? I don't see anything on the site distinguishing different kinds of punches. The fine print just says "Total discount calculated based on qualifying purchases made in the last two days", which sounds like exactly what you'd expect given their previous rolling deals: it sounds like you get 10% discount per day you've made a qualifying purchase, but only considering the last two days. Seems like the "punches" language just complicates it for no real reason.

Reactions: oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Yes, I think they are deliberately playing with language, and labelling things in an unexpected manner to distracts from the message.

In previous Rolling/Accumulating Discount deals the discount incremented was cumulative over a number of days (2%, 4%, ... 14%), with Punches you cannot exceed 20% (2 previous days in which you made a qualifying purchase), I think their language is designed to make you think you get more, because that is how previous accumulators have worked before; it's like their use of BoGo earlier this month, it wasn't as folk expected Buy One Get One Free, but Buy One Get One for 75% off ...:

"Earn a punch with every daily purchase you make and get an EXTRA 10% OFF* your entire cart for every punch you collect" - Could be interpreted as I get 10% off my cart for each order I make in a day - the reality is that you only need to by something (not a Gift Card) for at least $2.00 today and you will get 10% off tomorrow's cart, you will not get more than 10% tomorrow by buying more today, unless ... see * below.

"Keep the savings rolling with the maximum of 2 punches and get an EXTRA 20% OFF* everything you purchase during our Black Friday Punch Card event!" - The 'good' thing here is that anything you buy (except Gift Cards and Fast Grabs) qualifies for the discount and if over $2.00 and the fisrt purchase over $2.00 (excluding Gift Cards) will count as a 'Punch' for tomorrow

"*Maximum of one eligible purchase per day of $2 or more, excluding Gift Cards. Total discount calculated based on qualifying purchases made in the last two days. Discount usable multiple times per day. Excludes Gift Cards and FastGrab items." - Keeps Rolling ... to a Maximum of 20% (2 previous days of qualifying purchase

There is only one kind of Punch, I used the term 'Rolling Punch' to mean previous punches ... my bad

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
1117-flash2.jpg
Not much going on it seems. They had the exact same one earlier today, but it is not a good sale, ignore it. If you bought something cheap the last two days you get an additional 20% off. In this sale that gives you 69% off for some items.

You're better off looking at the individual sales in the main promos. There are some bundles you can get for 80% off and PA items are 74% off which can be quite good.

Here: are some bundles without buy-in that end up 80% off in my cart with the extra 20% off from buying cheap stuff in the last two days.

Here: is actually some nice stuff that requires a buy in though, but there are several items that end up at 74% and bundles that end up at 82% in my cart after adding a new release over 7$. Some of those might be worth it.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A new bunch of freebies at daz3D.
No surprise: The usual old textures, unicorn stuff and similar junk. But it's free.

More interesting, a bunch of assets at $3.99/$2.99daz+/$1.99-with-a-new-release>$1 Only DO items, but they are recent and most haven't been so hardly discounted already.

WonderL

Nov 7, 2017
A new bunch of freebies at daz3D.
No surprise: The usual old textures, unicorn stuff and similar junk. But it's free.

More interesting, a bunch of assets at $3.99/$2.99daz+/$1.99-with-a-new-release>$1 Only DO items, but they are recent and most haven't been so hardly discounted already.
thanks for the heads up

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
A new set of items for 3.99/2.99/1.99 (or 1.19 with the extra 20%):
1119-Flash-Sale.jpg

All of them new items and also some really nice ones, Mousso characters are in there, an AprilYSH hair, a suit by midnight_stories.

My list of items I would buy:
(I'd prefer the female one, but either of them fits well on both genders, usually I end up using female clothing more though)

(not as good as the midnight_stories one above imho, chungdan makes really good looking stuff but it often just one big complex model, that makes it difficult to work with, I prefer clothing that comes in nicely separated parts that can be kitbashed easily, you decide, it looks certainly a lot better in the promos)

(HM is very often in these 1.99 sales, often even his bundles, makes some really nice fantasy armors imho)

(good hair, its from a bundle, but if you can get this at 1.99 or 1.19 it is so cheap I wouldn't care, AprillYSH hair is usually good looking and easy to work with)

(not as good as the AprilYSH one, but hair is always nice to have)

(I like maelwenn, could render that one even as an example, EDIT: I didn't notice at first, but this one needs a base figure to work correctly, Kala 8, just keep that in mind)

(people love Mousso characters, and for good reasons, these are usually very nice, personally I tend to not like the nipples on those though)

(I thought about leaving that one out, I do think clothing like that is pretty nice to have though and at 1.99 or 1.19 I'd get this one as well just to have it)

Same of these are from bundles, I would check if I want the bundle before buying the item, otherwise I'd end up buying it twice. If you're looking at you're cart and want to remove stuff then looking for what is in a bundle that you want to buy later is something you can use to exclude items.

Daz is also good about refunds, you can buy all of these, then refund the ones you don't like. I do that all the time and never had a problem.

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Actually, if you bought stuff in the last two days, and have the extra 20% off, then there are a lot of items that you can get at 80% off right now that have not been discounted for that much in a long while. Most of the current promos have an artist section at the bottom, and for some you need to buy a new release, some you just need to buy 4+ items to trigger an extra discount.

So I have some new items in my cart right now because I want to buy some of the 1.99$ (1.19$ with the extra 20% off items), and I have started adding just random stuff from these artist promos and they all end up at pretty good discounts, most around 75%-80%, among those is stuff from OutOfTouch, Polish, all the fugazi environments etc.

EDIT: this is because the double punch discount is doubled this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Some sales at renderosity
  • 60% off a set of assets (only today)
  • 60% off some recent items (till Sunday)
  • items at $5.99 (till Dec 1st) (Honestly, most deals are terrible. The only bargain is a roman bundle if you are into this kind of stuff )
Also some other deals at a lower discount rate

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote