The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Just a quick note. For those that have not already used it, the DAZ15 coupon already mentioned in this thread and that gives 15% off your cart, is still active. I just used it on a big purchase. The present daz3D discounts are very good and it can be a good idea to add an extra 15% on top of them.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Just a quick note. For those that have not already used it, the DAZ15 coupon already mentioned in this thread and that gives 15% off your cart, is still active. I just used it on a big purchase. The present daz3D discounts are very good and it can be a good idea to add an extra 15% on top of them.
Daz has a tendency to fix and unfix their coupons. DAZ15 used to work on Gift Cards, for example. They fixed it at one point, then it started working again, then they fixed it again, then undone that again.

I personally used it about a month ago to get 33% off gift cards. (20% off base discount + DAZ15)

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Daz has a tendency to fix and unfix their coupons. DAZ15 used to work on Gift Cards, for example. They fixed it at one point, then it started working again, then they fixed it again, then undone that again.

I personally used it about a month ago to get 33% off gift cards. (20% off base discount + DAZ15)
So, courious cat that I am ... it just worked on a GC, straight 15% off, no BF deals, but can't complain ...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I am sure most people who post here realize it, but I still wanted to point it out: the sale quality went from "One of the best sales of the year" yesterday to "Super meh" today.

The Daz items that are on sale are neat, but very often on sale anyways, and their normal price is actually low enough that you can just buy them when you need them.

If you did not take advantage of the 15$ Daz+ membership SomeGuyWithNoImagination pointed out yesterday, you can still get one for 21$/35$ today, which while worse, is still pretty much one of the best prices for Daz+ in quite some time. Even without two punches the 35$ is not exactly bad.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I am sure most people who post here realize it, but I still wanted to point it out: the sale quality went from "One of the best sales of the year" yesterday to "Super meh" today.

The Daz items that are on sale are neat, but very often on sale anyways, and their normal price is actually low enough that you can just buy them when you need them.

If you did not take advantage of the 15$ Daz+ membership SomeGuyWithNoImagination pointed out yesterday, you can still get one for 21$/35$ today, which while worse, is still pretty much one of the best prices for Daz+ in quite some time. Even without two punches the 35$ is not exactly bad.
I agree. Today's sale is extremely poor. Though I did take it as an opportunity to clear most Daz+ items out of my wishlist since they've been clogging up everything when I sort by price. It's also nice that every item is below it's lowest price in the last year, though that isn't exactly high praise. (Yesterday I purchased a number of bundles, all at 89% off + the bundle discount. In total, my "Full Price Value" according to DazDeals jumped by almost $2000 with just a $70 purchase.)

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
1669619240383.png
Final day is more of meh. Good sale on gift cards, though I for one am tightening the purse as far as I can get it.

All Daz Originals are also on sale with the same set of rules as always. With two punches, it manifests as 85% off.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Final day is more of meh. Good sale on gift cards, though I for one am tightening the purse as far as I can get it.
I think it is actually an amazing sale because PA stuff is super rarely discounted that much, and 84% off would be one of the best PA sales ever. But they tricked people into buying Daz+ stuff yesterday, and so it is likely people have lost one of their punches (Daz+ does not count). Meaning you can only get 78% off. At least that is what I am getting in my card. Still good, but just as good as it could be.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I think it is actually an amazing sale because PA stuff is super rarely discounted that much, and 84% off would be one of the best PA sales ever. But they tricked people into buying Daz+ stuff yesterday, and so it is likely people have lost one of their punches (Daz+ does not count). Meaning you can only get 78% off. At least that is what I am getting in my card. Still good, but just as good as it could be.
I am not sure that daz+ item do not count in the punch card. It is not specified AFAIK.
What I have understood is that with 3+ items (60% off), a full 20% punch card (2x20% off) and an extra 10% off, the final price of a $100 item should be: $100*0.4*0.6*0.9=$21.6 hence the 78.4% off rounded to 78%.
There was an additional discount on Saturday and the discount raised to 84%, but the rules were the same and I do not see how you can get 84%. I think that it was a (very good) glitch but they probably fixed it.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
What I have understood is that with 3+ items (60% off), a full 20% punch card (2x20% off) and an extra 10% off, the final price of a $100 item should be: $100*0.4*0.6*0.9=$21.6 hence the 78.4% off rounded to 78%.
Mmm, maybe thats the case. I bought a shit ton on saturday at 84% and assumed thats actually the discount you should get with 2 punches and extra 10% off, but maybe I missed some extra discount thing.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I am not sure that daz+ item do not count in the punch card. It is not specified AFAIK.
There was an additional discount on Saturday and the discount raised to 84%, but the rules were the same and I do not see how you can get 84%. I think that it was a (very good) glitch but they probably fixed it.
1669634615178.png

My reading is tha the Daz+ qualify for a Punch but do not qualify for the Double Punch discount a long with New Items or Gift Cards.

I only bought Daz+ items yesterday and today my cart works out like this, a non-sale item (double punch) and 3 PA items from the Cyber Monday Sale (60 + double punch + 10):

1669635900484.png

I do remember recent 80% plus discounts, but can't remember the rules for those either unless they included the Daz+ Account Discount ...

[EDIT]
Just checked my saturday order, I got 84% on that, I think that was because I looked for items with already high precentage off as I didn't like anything in the day's sale and wanted to keep my Punches rolling ...

This is still available today; so anything not in a currently active Sales Category or FastGrab (70%) with a discount of 67% or more will stack with a Double Punch to give you 80% or more ...

[/EDIT]

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
The Daz+ discounts from yesterday do count for punches since yesterday I bought only Daz+ items and still get the discount.

Today's sales are calculated as so:
1669655693646.png
Example: 40% discount for 1 PA item, 40% discount through punch card, then the extra 10% off.
29.95 * 0.6 * 0.6 * 0.9 = 9.7038 or rounded up to $9.71.

This means:
1 Item: 68% off
2 Items: 73% off
3 items: 78% off

Almost everything is likely below it's best in the past year, but it's not quite "don't ask, just buy" territory either.

Running the math with DO items is a little better.
30% discount DO's with Daz+, 40/50/60% discount for DO item(s), 40% discount through punch card, then the extra 10% off.
1 Item: 77% off
2 Items: 81% off
3 items: 85% off

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
I'm sure the DAZ Forum mods are pretty low on the totem pole in terms of decision making and just doing their best...but:

1669662398424.png

When you are reduced to explaining formulas as to how the math 'should add up more sensibly' for something as simple as just trying to buy some digital shit, I just don't know, lol.
We just want to buy these digital products, we don't want to have to break out the calculators.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Also:
1669662866068.png
You would think that maybe the sales guys would see stuff like this and realize maybe they shouldn't just set up these all these new deals and then leave for a four day holiday (in the States, it was Thanksgiving, which most people take Thurs-Sunday off)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It's BAAAACK!

Well, sorta. Back when G8 launched, Daz3D.com had this 'buy this pro bundle, get up to 3 other bundles for free' deal going on for a bit.

Teen Josie 9 has been launched, and you can get up to 3 DO bundles for free if you buy the Teen Josie Mega Bundle for $97.99

This deal isn't quite as good as the early G8 era deals, BUT there are a few mega bundles in the selection:

There's also a 'buy a Singles new release to get an extra 10% off TJ9 Bundle and singles new releases'. Cheapest item is over $11 but if you want one of those, that sorta kinda works out as an almost freebie ($9.79 off TJ9 Mega Bundle).

So if for some reason you have three older bundles that you've had your eye on, and don't mind shelling out around $100 for the TJ9 Mega Bundle (so averaged out around $25 per bundle), well it's a thought...

Of course, if there aren't 3 bundles that you already wanted... personally I'd be looking at Mega Bundles anyways as those are often 'worth' more than Pro bundles.

There's also a $2.99 Dreamlight sale on select items ($1.99 with a new release,doesn't look like the Daz+ weekly freebie works here even though there's no 'must be over $1' disclaimer text currently).

I'm going to specifcally call out Dreamlight's Movie Maker HDRIs - Metropolis products if you don't have these already. They can look rather nice outside of an apartment window or sliding balcony door...

Technically that's a mirror wall that's reflecting the Metropolis HDRI outside of the bedroom window, but you get the idea...

Anyways, yeah, might be worth a looksee if TJ9 interests you. The rest of the sale looks par for the course, I may have missed something though...

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Anyways, yeah, might be worth a looksee if TJ9 interests you. The rest of the sale looks par for the course, I may have missed something though...
There is also a free item. Daz seems to have started the traditional advent freebies one day earlier but the freebie is hidden right at the end of the sale page (and it does not count either to reduce Dreamlight items).

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1669795330633.png

It also looks like they like the 'Punch' idiom as they are carrying it on as a "Holiday Loyalty Punch Card"; there is also a starter of 10% if you have been "Loyal" enough (dumb enough? looks like I've been) to qualify.

From the

1669795770161.png

Punch Card it looks like the "Rollover" accumulation is over 3 days ...

There are more details in the Orange Banner message (above) than on the Promo page; as in the Maximum discount is 35% (not the recent 40%), and they have added restrictions to what you can use the discount on, mainly focused on the daily sales items (forcing homogeneity on the market place!)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I miss previous years, where there wasn't this punch card nonsense, just a straight-up discount based on you purchase history over the previous year (10-30% off as I remember).

The extra 10% did help with my efforts to fire off one of my Daz+ coupons though, still need to find $18 of stuff that's decently discounted that I want for the other one. I pretty much zoned out in November so I was 'out of position' for last weekend's sale (no punches) so I didn't buy anything...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I do not get how daz makes price computation.
TJ9 is displayed at $97.99 (including new&daz+ discounts). If I put it in my cart, it is $63.99. That is 35% off wrt the initial price. I have an orange banner with 10% off, but 35%???
If I add a "single new release", I get an extra 10% off the bundle. But now the price of the "single" item is reduced and I get 42% off it (that is 35%+10%).
WTF? I suspect a glitch with a 35%off discount...
And with 3 free bundles, it make the price of the bundle around $15, which is rather good.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Damn you Daz sales team!

I was all excited about maybe finally grabbing the 'Countown to Launch' Mega Bundle (it's a bundle after all) as one of my three freebies, but it's not part of the 'eligible bundles'!

Now I'm bummed...
:(

Reactions: FranceToast
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote