The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Teen Josie 9 has been launched, and you can get up to 3 DO bundles for free if you buy the Teen Josie Mega Bundle for $97.99

There's also a $2.99 Dreamlight sale on select items ($1.99 with a new release,doesn't look like the Daz+ weekly freebie works here even though there's no 'must be over $1' disclaimer text currently).

I'm going to specifcally call out Dreamlight's Movie Maker HDRIs - Metropolis products if you don't have these already. They can look rather nice outside of an apartment window or sliding balcony door...

Anyways, yeah, might be worth a looksee if TJ9 interests you. The rest of the sale looks par for the course, I may have missed something though...
The new Teen Josie is pretty cute, although it kills me that in one of the promo shots she has Voss Hair, lol.
And yeah, I'm pulling the trigger on the rest of the Movie Maker HDRIs to get a full set.

edit: Well, shit. Looks like "$1.99 with any New Release" doesn't actually mean any new Release.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick followup on the Dreamlight sale...

This bundle is part of the sale, has 15 items in it, and is $2.99/$1.99...

$397.00 retail, so 99% off...

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Anyone who bought Josie 9 willing to post a render? I am actually curious because so far, I found Genesis 9 figures mostly underwhelming, maybe with the exception of Victoria 9. I wonder especially how the maelwenn figure thats also in the bundle looks like.

• Hey there
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I bought TJ9 just so I could grab some other bundles. I haven't even installed Genesis 9 yet... so no help from my end!

I did manage to find a way to use both of my Daz+ coupons on on stuff that I felt was suitably discounted at least. Talk about right at the wire...

I might embrace Genesis 9 someday, but I still love Genesis 3 too much! Well, and also Aiko 6...

I'm gonna get around to tackling this story someday! After a bajillion other projects I have in the cue of course... These gals (well except for the ones on the banner menus) are all G2F figures btw!

Just 'cuz these gals are from an older generation doesn't mean they aren't still cute!

Aiko6.jpg

Sure she's a bit stylized, but she still makes me weak in the knees, well as far as my rether enormous CG harem goes anyways...

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Not a deal but on renderotica a new high tech pussy was recently released:

I just bought it since it looks promising, but sadly there are quite a few issues with it. But still, this comes with controls similar to the Face Controls that come with 8.1, but for the vagina and butt cheeks. Also it is not just a geoshell for only the vagina, it is the entire pelvis including the butt.

So it is like the Breast Controls 2 product which adds a whole new surface to the breast area which can have high resolution textures that minimize stretching. Same here, look at the promos on renderotica how high res the area looks there.

That said, there are issues. For some reason Daz consumes an enormous amount of CPU resources while that pussy is attached. Then there are issues when copying textures, which can be solved manually though. However it seems to take advantage of the high resolution you need to use the textures that come with the product (kinda obvious actually). Though that limits you somewhat although I have to say there is an impressive amount of textures that come with it by default, a whole lot of Daz core figure textures modified for it.

Oh, and the biggest bummer, I can't actually render it it seems. Some kind of CUDA error. Well, I guess I wouldn't really buy it if had that information before, though I gotta say if the thing worked it would be pretty awesome.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
An interesting deal today at daz3D. If you purchase a "debut new realease" (and the "punch card" discount applies on them), you can get insane discounts on Zeddicus assets (with a full punch card): 84% on "classic Zeddicus items", 89% on G1/G2/G3 assets, and if they are DO, you can get the extra daz+ discount. This make many assets under $2.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Renderosity seems to no longer offer free advent assets :(. Too bad.

However, they introduced "Christmas Prime Bogos" for the next 48 hours (till Sunday night) [prime only].
Some products from a vendor store are at 50% off and 4 of them are bogos. You can purchase a product and add a bogo from the same vendor and you get the bogo for free.
Compared to their other sales with a random bogo, it is rather good as you can choose the bogo, and both the bogos and discounted items are generally rather new. The resulting discount is hence around 75% off but sadly only a part of the store is discounted.
Many interesting vendors are concerned by this sale: Lilflame, Rhiannon, Fefecoolyellow, Kaleya, etc...
EDIT: Actually, I was wrong and the sale is largely less interesting. You have to purchase one of the bogo items at 50%off and you get a random free asset. The set of possible free items is given at the end of the page of the bogo products. So still random and the free items are not the best and/or more recent from the vendors...

Also at rendo, a nominee and my personal favorite for the "Worst Sale of the Year" awards.
Some products at $5.99. It happens that these products are all very old, generally cheap and several times the resulting discount is below 10%.

Congratulations to our candidate and good luck for the "Worst Sale of the Year" contest.

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Renderosity seems to no longer offer free advent assets :(. Too bad.

However, they introduced "Christmas Prime Bogos" for the next 48 hours (till Sunday night) [prime only].
Some products from a vendor store are at 50% off and 4 of them are bogos. You can purchase a product and add a bogo from the same vendor and you get the bogo for free.
Compared to their other sales with a random bogo, it is rather good as you can choose the bogo, and both the bogos and discounted items are generally rather new. The resulting discount is hence around 75% off but sadly only a part of the store is discounted.
Many interesting vendors are concerned by this sale: Lilflame, Rhiannon, Fefecoolyellow, Kaleya, etc...
EDIT: Actually, I was wrong and the sale is largely less interesting. You have to purchase one of the bogo items at 50%off and you get a random free asset. The set of possible free items is given at the end of the page of the bogo products. So still random and the free items are not the best and/or more recent from the vendors...

Also at rendo, a nominee and personal favorite for the "Worst Sale of the Year" awards.
Some products at $5.99. It happens that these products are all very old, generally cheap and several times the resulting discount is below 10%.

Congratulations to our candidate and good luck for the "Worst Sale of the Year" contest.
The whole 'random' (or in DAZ's case 'mystery') product is baffling to me. But I guess I have a pretty narrow range of products I'm interested in (paying for).

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Speaking of narrow ranges of products:

I am seeing 88%-91% off these period specific outfits. Completely useless probably for most, but if you are doing a DragonAge/Scottish/Renaissance etc. setting, you could probably get an entire castle outfitted for ten bucks or so.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
The "Retro Apartment", which I think was a 'New Release' pretty recently (Sept.?), is already a $2.40 PC+ item.

(The pose set is even still considered a "New" release)

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
The "Retro Apartment", which I think was a 'New Release' pretty recently (Sept.?), is already a $2.40 PC+ item.

(The pose set is even still considered a "New" release)
I think it is pretty much always like that, these new Daz+ releases always start at certain price points just so you can use them to fulfill the requirements "if you by a new release above 5$" or something like that, and then they fall in price to their actual price point. So usually when you buy a 5$ Daz+ new release, expect to "waste" 3$ on that. Meaning only buy it if you really want it, or you're getting some price reduction in return.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Another free item:

Also an orange banner for 50% of Victoria 9, today only. (I am seeing 68% off in the cart, I'm assuming because of the Punch thing or something. But, I think I'll pass.)

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I wanted to point you guys to the humble bundles for software:

I already posted the Unreal bundle which I think is pretty good, but there are also bundles for Luminar AI:

which I think can be a real timesaver for doing postwork.

And another bundle that is specifically about making VNs actually:

it is only 10$ and seems to be mostly about GDevelop, which is an alternative to ren'py? I don't know too much about both since I use/plan to use Unreal. The bundle does contain a bunch of asset packs too though (and stuff like a "Visual Novel Character Creator"), so I thought it might be interesting to someone here.

EDIT: Ok, so looking through the second one it does not look that great tbh, 10$ is not that much, but I guess I'd rather spend those on the Luminar AI bundle.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1670279631378.png

G3, G8 & G8.1 Daz Original Hair assets - 70% off no preconditions - 150 Products - Doesn't seem to stack with Punches but does with the Daz+ Discount
[EDIT] Curiously, 7 of the 150 are classed as "Mature Items" :unsure: [/EDIT]

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Renderosity seems to be making a small push for their Prime Memberships:

$4.99 for a large number of products for Prime Members.
(Minor nitpick-why not remove the three top level sponsored items from lists like this? They just add price confusion)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote