The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Get your Asteroid!!! Get your free...

(puts 'free asteroid' in cart, price shows $6.99)

Maybe sometime today get your free asteroid!

bennutheasteroid.jpg

It won't be seen near these parts again until 2060...

Well unless you decide to have it show up earlier in you VN that is...

* I just had to share my cart moment, don't mind me!
:p

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1670929479367.png

Savings of 50% to 60%!

All Renderosity members can save 50% while can save 60% on these products.

Sale valid through 11:59pm (cst) Thursday, December 15th.​

Disclaimer:
Some vendors are participating in multiple sales events due to the number of promotions and sales we have for December. Some items may be in two (2) or more promotions at the same time and price may be affected depending on the latest event. Kindly note that this is beyond our control.

to view all products included in this sale.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Damn, the inflation.

2.50 with a buy-in. For garbage. At least Daz is always good for a laugh.

Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I don't think that the Daz3D.com sales team quite understands the concept of 'gift'...

I'm seeing two orange banners in my cart. It's always good to check if you have stacked banners/deals in your messages.

dazbanners121422.jpg

In any case, I don't think that 'extra discount' is the same thing as 'gift'.

"Hey, if you give us a little less money, you can buy this thing for cheaper! So we are 'gifting' you this cool discount!"

That logic might fly with some people, but that's not a 'gift' to me.

If you had 'gifted' me say '$25 off of Daz Originals', well I could find something for less than $25 and get that for free.

Anyways, annoying to me to see 'gift' used in this context.

The extra 10% off if you jumped on the Genesis 9 bandwagon, well every little bit helps I suppose! I won't be taking advantage of that. The only reason I bought TJ9 was because of the bundle deal (buy TJ9, get 3 other bundles for free). I grabbed three rather expensive bundles so no regrets!

There's been some cool fairly new (but still over 90 days old) stuff in the 60% off (plus stacking discount) Daz+ category. Just noticed that this rather detailed Cyberpunk comes with a guitar!

That's pretty much the only category that I'm paying close attention to in these sales. The $2 threshold to maintain the 35% extra 'punch card' discount is kind of annoying, that's how they nickel and dime you, but so far I've found sufficiently suitable cheaper stuff that I might actually use eventually to push me over the $2 mark.

Anyways, it looks like today is a Daz+ 'catch up' day of sorts, with up to 2299 items to choose from, so you should be able to find a few somethings to get you over that $2 mark...

Last edited:

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
That's pretty much the only category that I'm paying close attention to in these sales. The $2 threshold to maintain the 35% extra 'punch card' discount is kind of annoying, that's how they nickel and dime you, but so far I've found sufficiently suitable cheaper stuff that I might actually use eventually to push me over the $2 mark.
I've been doing the same. It's not too hard to find 2 items at $1.50 each (generally new lows) that I like and that's just enough to keep the 25% rolling.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I grabbed three rather expensive bundles so no regrets!
Not quite a gift either, but the Minerva 9 Bundles come with 2 (or 4 for the Mega) ; 663 of them including a lot of Pro bundles ... all of which help reduce the per item cost ...

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The Minerva bundle is rather good IMHO. Minerva is an original kind of char without real G8 equivalent (a rather sexy young grandma) and a few other assets can be useful.
The mega bundle discount is very good: $310 for the assets, $160 for the bundle that is 49% off (though some assets are clearly overpriced). With all the stacking discounts, its price is ~$32.
If you buy another debut/still new release, the bundle price drops to ~$25 and the new release price is ~$8, which somehow makes the debut new release free.

You can buy 4 bundles for $5 each.

And, there is an extra 60% discount on daz+ category sales with the bundle. I do not know how they do their computations, but if a daz+ category items has a displayed price of $2 (which already includes a 60% off discount), its final price with a Minerva bundle will be $.52. The only way to explain it is that the "punch card" discount is applied twice (plus another 60% discount as advertised). Probably a glitch, but this makes many old assets at $.2, which is much cheaper than even the byob daz+ sales (8/$2.99) and many expensive daz+ assets become quite cheap (for instance is around $3).
Edit: I double checked and the discount is normal 60%+35%=74%off (.4*.65=.26). My bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well, I suppose that works out to a bit over $1 an item with the Minerva 9 Mega Bundle deal (assuming 36+ items in the '$5' bundles and 12 items in the Minerva 9 Mega Bundle). Is there a 'Fit Genesis 9 stuff to Genesis 3' thing yet?

I was content to spend just a little over $2 today, but NOOOOOO y'all have to tempt me with this other deal!
:LOL:

Note that the extra 60% off select Daz+ items is a smaller subset of the other 60% off Daz+ category, so you won't see stacking discounts on all of the items in the other Daz+ sale. Just be aware.

Also, don't forget to grab your free airbot if you are Daz+ (weekly freebie). I didn't see any new freebies on the other freebies page.

Another note. Whomever designed this car obviously hasn't had to deal with high centering...

Mely3D_CyberpunkCar_daz3d_popup_05.jpg

The rear bumper extension is just as close to the ground as the front bumper. Don't take this car anywhere where there might be dips...
(It's in the Juan Carlos cyber bundle).
:cautious:

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Is there a 'Fit Genesis 9 stuff to Genesis 3' thing yet?
I don't think so. Actually daz wants to sell G9 chars and what is sold at daz is rather to targeted to use older stuff on G9 than to use G9 assets on older chars.
So they haven't provided a g9 clone for older generations.
Catherine3678ab (aka PetuniaPetals) has made and posted a free G9 clone for G8, but this has been removed. Probably a matter of copyright (and I have not downloaded it)...
Though, she has made free tutos on the way to create clones. I haven't tried, but it is very detailed and seems easy. It is G9-G8, but it can be easily adapted to G9-G3

• Thinking Face

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D, a set of "grab bag" items at $2.99/$1.99-with-a-new-release-over-$5. While a part of them has already been in similar sales, many are new (as grab-bag/daz+fad). And it is a bit cheaper than the previous days.

Also a new set of "weekly?" freebies. Nothing to write home about, but it is free.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1671266680981.png

For the next 48 hours,
ALL members may enjoy select products by our topsellers & popular vendors at 50% off
along with a BOGO GIFT from that vendor's store with each purchase!

You may check the BOGO gifts available for each product, showcased at their own product page

IMPORTANT!

Add only ONE BOGO product per purchase!

No need to do anything other than add one of the following products in your cart.
After checkout you will find the random gift product - if you don't already own it - in your account gifts tab.
* If you already own all the gift products - you will get nothing for FREE so make certain of this before proceeding to any purchase!

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A new bunch of "grab bag" items at daz3D. $3.99/$2.5-for-6+
Some are recycled form previous sales, but many of them weren't previously discounted so heavily.
No buy-in, but you have to purchase 6+ to get a good discount.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, today's Daz3D.com may or may not be interesting.

So, if you've been keeping up on your 35% off punches, this new prereq item is showing as $9.09 in my cart:

You can drop the price a bit more by grabbing a second Debut New Release, which unlocks extra discounts in a couple of other categories, but at least for me that's not worth chasing, the additional discounts aren't enough to intrigue me. YMMV.

ANYWAYS, buying the product above unlocks $1.99 each for up to 5 Dreamlight items. There are a few bundles included in the $1.99 pool currently, so this MIGHT make spending the extra $9.09 or so worth it to you.

Said item also drops the 'Grab Bag' items from $2.99 to $1.99.

So yeah, might be worth it. Also, today's holiday freebie is a scene sticky note utility, so don't forget to grab that!

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1671354984741.png

All members can save on the following topsellers' stores up to 50% off!

Sale valid through 11:59 pm (cst) Wednesday, December 21st.

Disclaimer:

Some vendors are participating in multiple sales events due to the various VGS & different sale-events we have in December.
Some items may be in 2 promotions at the same time and price may be affected depending on the latest event. Kindly note that this is beyond our control.
Featured vendors:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1671382627454.png

(60% with a over $5.00)

[EDIT] It is the Cart Price of the New Rlease, not the MSRP, that triggers the extra discount [/EDIT]

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1671388532406.png

(60% with a over $5.00)
New set of featured vendors - the trigger is the Cart Price not the MSRP​

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1671410070728.png

(60% with a over $5.00)