The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
(Minor nitpick-why not remove the three top level sponsored items from lists like this? They just add price confusion)
I agree, but the reason is very simple: This is part of the way renderosity gets profit. Rendo performs a cut on the artists sale (60%, reduced to 50% or even less if the vendor is a top seller) AND the artists pay to have their products promoted. According to Sickleyield this amounts in tens of dollars to have a product promoted and without that the sales are drastically reduced

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Is really anybody buying those 3.99 garbage grab bag things that used to be 1.99 without a buy-in?
I did in this case, 2$ price difference is not that much, and it is a small bundle with 4 items in it. I don't like the PA that much, but I never had a problem just buying something that I am curious about, checking it out and returning it if I don't like it.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D a new G9 Pixie bundle. Base price of the bundle is $140, but with the stacking of discounts (New/daz+/punch card, and I also got a 20% off orange banner), it drops to $35 (75% off). And with this purchase, you can get 3 pro bundles for $5 each.
I am not really interested in this kind of anime/fairy tale chars, but even if you are not interested by any asset of the Pixie bundle, this makes Pixie plus three pro bundles at $50, ie $17 per pro bundle (and Pixie as a free bonus), which is not bad, but not mindblowing. But of course, if you are interested by Pixie....

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I just wondered why the Pixie bundle seemed so bad compared to G8 pro bundle around the same price. Actually, there are three reasons: 1/ lesser number of items, 2/ more expensive items and 3/ much smaller bundle reduction.

1/ In the Pixie bundle, there are 7 items, while the standard Pro bundles were gathering at least 11 assets (12 or 13 sometimes)
2/ The average price of assets has largely raised. Previously chars were $45, while Pixie and other G9 chars are $60. In the pixie bundle, the outfit is $25 (while bundled outfits were generally in the $18-22 range unless they were exceptionally complex), the expression set is $25 (while generally expression sets where around $16)...
3/ Compared to previous pro bundles, the "bundle discount" has largely decreased. I did some stats on some G8 pro bundles and on Pixie
G8 Bundles price $135 Total price of assets in the bundle ~$240 Bundle discount 44% off the total item price
Pixie Bundle Price $139 Total price of assets in the bundle $198 Bundle discount 30% off the total item price

I understand that we are in an inflation economy, but daz, this seems a bit exaggerated.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
I just wondered why the Pixie bundle seemed so bad compared to G8 pro bundle around the same price. Actually, there are three reasons: 1/ lesser number of items, 2/ more expensive items and 3/ much smaller bundle reduction.
On the Daz forums people are asking why the bundle seems to be missing at least one related item.

They also apparently changed the gift card discount from past offers. On a more positive note, they have been offering a lot more gift card discounts as of late-I was a little worried they were trying to phase them out.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1670489156477.png

All members can save on the following stores up to 50% off!

Sale valid through 11:59 pm (cst) Monday, December 12th.

Disclaimer:
Some vendors are participating in multiple sales events due to the various VGS & different sale-events we have in December.
Some items may be in 2 promotions at the same time and price may be affected depending on the latest event. Kindly note that this is beyond our control.

Featured vendors:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Some sales at rendo
  • 50-80% off DM assets (TBH, only a few very old assets are at 80% off, but a large part of the store is 60-70%) Till Wednesday
  • 60% off DreamlandModels till Monday
  • and some other assets/stores at 50%

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A new "dark fairy bundle" at daz3D. With all the stacking discounts, it is possible to get it for ~$24 (but YMMV) and you can buy 2 pro bundles for $5 each. Even if you are not interested by the Dark Fairy stuff, this make the pro bundle at ($24+2*$5)/2=$17, which is rather good, but not exceptional.

For what concerned the bundle it self, it is cheaper than Pixie ($100 base), has 6 items and an even poorer bundle discount. If you purchase independently the assets, the amount is $138, which, with a $100 bundle, only makes a 28% discount (while it was generally over 40% in the G8 area).

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
A new "dark fairy bundle" at daz3D. With all the stacking discounts, it is possible to get it for ~$24 (but YMMV) and you can buy 2 pro bundles for $5 each. Even if you are not interested by the Dark Fairy stuff, this make the pro bundle at ($24+2*$5)/2=$17, which is rather good, but not exceptional.

For what concerned the bundle it self, it is cheaper than Pixie ($100 base), has 6 items and an even poorer bundle discount. If you purchase independently the assets, the amount is $138, which, with a $100 bundle, only makes a 28% discount (while it was generally over 40% in the G8 area).
I'm really liking the 'Pro Bundles for $5' with new bundle purchase idea-just wish the new bundles were something I would use.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1670678142315.png

For the next 48 hours,
ALL members may enjoy select products by our topsellers & popular vendors at 50% off
along with a BOGO GIFT from that vendor's store with each purchase!

You may check the BOGO gifts available for each product, showcased at their own product page

IMPORTANT!

Add only ONE BOGO product per purchase!

No need to do anything other than add one of the following products in your cart.
After checkout you will find the random gift product - if you don't already own it - in your account gifts tab.

* If you already own all the gift products - you will get nothing for FREE so make certain of this before proceeding to any purchase!
Offer valid through 11:59 pm (cst) Sunday, December 11th.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1670756129437.png

-renapd's fantasy & historical costumes plus V4-characters will get RETIRED in 2022!

These products will still be available in RMP through 11:59 pm (cst) - Saturday, December 31st.

Once the sale is over they will be permanently deleted.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1670841710655.png

For the next 24 hours, all members may enjoy select products by our topsellers & popular vendors at 60% off !

Offer valid through 11:59 pm (cst) tonight! - Monday, December 12th.

Disclaimer:

Some vendors are participating in multiple sales events due to the various VGS & sales we have for December.
Some items may be in 2 promotions at the same time and price may be affected depending on the latest event. Kindly note that this is beyond our control.​

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so apparently the 'punch card' thing doesn't like it when you use your Daz+ coupon to drop the price of say a $5.99 item from $6 to 0... so I'm guessing that your cart total has to be over $2 when it's all said and done.

Them's the breaks I guess!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote