The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
humble-bundle-cyber-street-flashsale.PNG

Humble Bundle trying something new, a KitBash3D flash sale.

Is that good? Costs 99€ in their store. Honestly, if I wanted KitBash3D stuff, I would just subscribe to their Cargo thing so that I can just use all of their stuff and be done with it.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Looks like the 2023 PA sale has kicked off over at Daz3D.com

Just wanted to note that I have an orange banner that says that since I own 30+ items from the PAs currently on sale, I get an extra 30% off items featured in today's promotions.

This time around, I guess we are doing the 'golden ticket item thing' which costs $2.99/$3.99 and earns you an extra 20% off today's new and featured PA items. Today's golden ticket item thing is aging morphs for G9 by Zevo, so maybe a bit more useful than usual depending on if you are doing the Genesis 9 thing or not (I'm still happy with G3 myself).

A number of featured G3 and older items start at 80% off today. So maybe not the best deals ever, but I'm seeing 89% off a few non DO items, and if you've been doing the token thing, well they are apparently still a thing *sigh*...

Also, at least for today, except for the golden ticket item no 'buy pricier debut/still new to get' BS and not a lot of coupon blocking going on, so if you haven't fired off your Daz+ coupons, today might be your day...

In short, probably worth a looksee.

Note that Ron's brushes and photoshop files are included in the 80% off category today, and remember that you can grab the Adobe CS2 suite (which includes Photoshop CS2) from Archive.org for free if you don't have it, so if those interest you for any reason, today MIGHT be a good day to consider grabbing those! A number of Ron's brushes require at least Photoshop CS so CS2 should have you covered.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity

Get 20% OFF your order of $3.50 or more using our limited-time coupon code - WISHGRANTED - Active until: 11:59 pm CT Thursday August 31st.​

I do not know which are the intended recipents (everybody? primes?), but 20% is not bad and the deadline is tomorrow...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So that extra 30% off if you own 30+ items orange banner thingie has been sticking around over at Daz3D.com, and the 'golden ticket' buy-in for another 20% off is still a thing ($4.99/$3.99/$2.99).

Also, so far your Daz+ coupons are for the most part not getting coupon blocked, so you should be able to use those in the non-new item sale categories...

Of particular note is that Flipmode has been added to the artists that are on sale today, so if you need some outdoor environments and such to increase your outdoor scene portfolio, it might be worth checking out.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The sales at daz3D are very good, but here are some news from renderosity.

They seemed to be brain dead during the last weeks (and even months), but today there are some sales that are decent if not exceptional.
  • Only today: 40%/60%prime off Mixed artists 120 items
  • Till Sunday: Labor day sales 50%/60%prime off Mixed artists 600 items
  • Till Sunday: Shaders & 2D assets sales 50%/60%prime off 1.2k items
  • Till Sunday: Sport outfits/poses/envs sales 50%/60%prime off 300 items

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks amster22!

So there's a 'meh' gift card sale over at Daz3D.com (15% off over $300 with any new release over $5) but if you've been impressed with the very good deals on Legacy items so far in the PA Sale, I'm guessing that a few of you may need a recharge, and 15% off is better than nothing, and a few new releases can be found in the $5.49-$6 range...

I've been buying a bunch of older stuff, mainly G3/G8 and environments, and with that extra 30% off loyalty discount, along with the cheap buy in ($.4.99/3.99/2.99) to get an extra 20% off, it really changes the complexion of the sale. A LOT of stuff is under $2 in my cart, and even a handful of items below $1, and I'm finally making a little headway on my wish list. With 8 tokens of course to tack on another +40% off to the discount (Daz math of course), I was 'out of position' last week, but at least Monday and Tuesday are double token days, so my initial buy-in to jump on the token bandwagon was only around $40...

80% off G3 or older stuff + 20% off + 30% off + 40% off Daz Math works out to around 93% off, and the 65% off G8 era stuff works out to 88% off, so not too shabby....

Also worth watching the lightning deals to see if the 70% off item is also included in the PA sale, as that'll bump the discount a bit! I've grabbed a number of items in the Lightning deals for around $1 (with tokens added and a bunch of other legacy items to meet the $40-$80 theshold to recharge tokens...

I still hate tokens though!

I'm sure there's some notable deals on newer stuff as well, but I've been avoiding G9 almost entirely, as my morph collection is mainly centered around G3 and G8 at this point, and I don't have the desire or energy to keep up with yet another generation.

I'm not sure anything I've wanted for a while will be left that I have not already grabbed in the PA sale when the October Daz+ sale comes around, but I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today sale at daz3D is crazy. There is a "golden ticket" cheap buy-in, but it gives a 60%off discount on debut new release... This stacks with 40%(new), 30%(DO), 30%(banner), giving 88%, that can be increased by the "tokens" upto 93%.

Honestly, I have never seen such a discount on a large set of new items.
It is very surprising to see such a change of policy of the Daz staff. Some months ago, the discounts were terrible. I almost bought nothing in the last daz+ October sale. March "Madness" was slightly better, but only because they introduced the "tokens". In June the discounts were rather good and now, they are excellent... Let's hope that it will continue...

And Renderosity?

Well, there are some good news and some bad news.

Start by the bad news!

Standard discount are worse and worse. Today, you have items at a fixed price of $8! (giving only a tiny 15% discount for some assets), a set of sci-fi items at 30% off (yep only 30%, though, TBH, for a handful it stacks and can give a final discount around 50%), some stores at 40% instead of the usual 50%, and so on.
Recently sales were bad and I really fear that 'terrible' will become the new norm for sales at renderosity.

And the good news?

50 retiring products by Rhiannon G3 to V4, half 60%off half 70%off. A Rhiannon sale is something that should not be ignored and the discounts are correct.
Lasts till september 20

Some of these assets can stack with coupons and here is a 15% coupon for everybody (till September 30) COMMNEWSSEP2023P15B5

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
someone know for coupons for renderotica?? i need buy some items but not have much money
Probably some exist as there is an option for coupons at check out, but I have never seen coupons for renderotica.

They have some sales, but it really depends on the artist, there is no real common policy of the renderotica store. You have to check on the store sale page
The only storewide discount if for specific dates like the Black Friday.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just gotta say...

SO FAR, the one thing that this year's Daz3D.com PA sale doesn't have is lack of choices. Particularly with the 'Legacy' 80% off stuff, there are literally thousands of products to scroll through! G3 era still very much interests me, and to a lesser extent G2/Genesis so at least for me it's interesting. The 65% off G8 era stuff is interesting too, mainly if 40% off tokens are in play, and lots of choices to scroll through there too.

I keep finding stuff that I didn't know that I wanted, but scrolling through everything can be a bit fatiguing.

The 90%+ off lightning deals keep me checking in every three hours. Lightning deals are evil, I've been cat-napping but have still missed a couple over the last few days...

I've probably spent more in this month's sale so far than in the previous year... and being the cheap bastard that I am, that's saying something! My trigger point is usually in the $2 or less range (maybe a bit more depending on the item) and yeah... my daz crack habit is alive and well! After this sale goes away (assuming that I didn't jinx it just now), my storytelling product opportunities will be quite interesting...
:sneaky:

On a related note, Luthbel has a lot of cool outfits. Lots of other cool PAs on sale too of course!

Not sure about this 'golden ticket' hand/feet baking thing, not sure why you need to 'bake' hand and feet poses, hopefully those are easy to undo.

Edit: This looks interesting, anyone mess with it yet?

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Another Gift Card flash sale over at Daz3D.com. Same deal as last time (15% off over $300 with any new release over $5), so still 'meh' but if you need another recharge...

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
You guys still have some money left over with those Daz sales going on? No worries, you can spend it over at Kitbash3D, which has an "Anniversary Sale" going on:

Buy 3 kits, get 3 kits for free (so I guess 50% off), and a 200$ discount for an annual Cargo subscription (which gets you everything for 580$).

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity, RenaPD store is closing and all her assets are discounted 65-70% off. RenaPD is one of the most inventive texturist (does this word really exist?) at rendo, but she is inactive for years and her assets are rather old. IMO worth a look if you happen to have some of the base assets of her textures.
Till October 1st

Besides that, if you are interested by sci-fi items at 30% off or assets at a fixed $8 price,
(TBH some better deals at 40/50% off, but nothing breathtaking).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note for you sci-fi types.

Kibaretto's store is part of today's Daz3D.com featured artists, so deals up to 65-80% off, before other discounts.

Also some Stonemason going on of course...

PW Productions is probably also worth calling out...

And a few other relevant artists on sale as per usual for this month's sale, for those that have been following the PA sale. This is probably the best extended Daz sale I've seen in recent memory discount wise, assuming that you are playing the token game... recharging tokens hasn't been an issue for me as a bunch of stuff I want is on sale (literally thousands of items on sale), at least not so far...

Edit: So, the associated Daz3D.com sale page for today says that 'Storewide Artists on Sale', which may mean that most/all artists are part of today's sale. So far, all of the Lightning Deals have been over 90% off, which is something to keep in mind...

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Edit: So, the associated Daz3D.com sale page for today says that 'Storewide Artists on Sale', which may mean that most/all artists are part of today's sale. So far, all of the Lightning Deals have been over 90% off, which is something to keep in mind...
"Store wide Artists on Sale" may also mean tomorrow or monday it's back to the format from the last two weeks where only a portion of the artists is on sale. If you look at the slider for today it says "Store wide sale", but my spidey senses tell me the one for tomorrow doesn't say that. But of course you never really know, plus it is hard to say which artists are going to be on sale and which aren't.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
"Store wide Artists on Sale" may also mean tomorrow or monday it's back to the format from the last two weeks where only a portion of the artists is on sale. If you look at the slider for today it says "Store wide sale", but my spidey senses tell me the one for tomorrow doesn't say that. But of course you never really know, plus it is hard to say which artists are going to be on sale and which aren't.
I'm also thinking that the 'catchup/all artists on sale' thing won't continue past today, perhaps tomorrow. Monday and Tuesday is double tokens day, so I don't expect the 'all artists on sale' thing to continue to Monday. Anything's possible though.

What has me wondering more is the 'why the sudden change in sales tactics, Daz sales team?' They've been gouging people for months, and suddenly we are seeing deals that we haven't seen for years. Back when March Madness was still a really cool sale and not 'March Meh-ness' (2017-2018?).

I'm sure that Daz3D.com is raking in cash this month as people come out of the woodwork to whittle down their wishlists. It'd be cool if this 'new sales attitude' carried over to October's semi annual Daz+ sale, but I'm not holding my breath. And, to be honest, the deals are good enough right now that I may not have much left on my wishlist at that point, but of course I'll still watch the Daz+ for a day deals for a few gems, assuming that the price is low enough. But with a lot of items in my cart for less than $2 each now (remember, I like G3 and older stuff a lot, and some of the 65% off G8 stuff is getting into that range as well), I'm just not sure how the Daz sales team will 'top' this month's sale.

There have been better sales in the not so recent past, sure, but that was a long time ago, so it's hard to say 'no' to a lot of the current deals. I'm hoping that this 'fire sale' isn't a desperation move though, as a lot of people use Daz Studio and we need it to stick around, with continual efforts to improve things here and there.

Whomever 'sold' the Daz management on this month's sale deals though, thank you to that person! I'm sure that they don't follow this thread though...

I do feel for the people that don't already own 30+ of the items currently on sale, that extra 30% off makes all the difference, but at least for today in particular, it's a good day to go shopping at Daz3D.com if you have tokens about to expire!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, BOGO at Daz3D.com today.

Buy any Golden Ticket Item or any Debut New Release to get one item free!

There's this cool Cliff House Golden Ticket Item for only $2.99 today...

Over 10,000 'free' items to choose from (minus what you already own of course!). With coupon code:
FREE-GIFT
(code usable once per customer)

As pretty much expected, the 'all artists on sale' thing didn't carry over from yesterday, but still a fair number of artists included in today's sale in the various categories (recent/65% off/80% off), so still worth a looksee!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote