The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note that a few vendors are having 50% off sales over at Renderotica:

Unfortunately, Meipe and 3feetwolf are not on sale ATM. Meipe makes the Dicktator and similar such, and 3feetwolf makes New Genitals for Victoria(x), which most people here may have already, but as those are the 'go to' genitals, no sale atm is disappointing.

Still, might be interesting. A few female Asian characters are on sale for 50% off, but I have to ask, it's Renderotica, where are the nude promo pics for these gals?

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Unfortunately, Meipe and 3feetwolf are not on sale ATM.
Well, those are the important ones. But there is LexaKiness on sale for 40% off which has a lot of shapes for the popular genitals.

Renderotica sales are just kind of rare. I think I've seen only seen like one or maybe two times where they had a site wide sale. But it was 50% on everything then.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Gift Card sale over at Daz3D.com.

You can get 20% off a gift card of $400 or more if you own or buy the three current Golden Ticket items. If you own or buy just one, you can still get 15% off a gift card of $400 or more.

20% off isn't too bad, although depending on your golden ticket situation it might be closer to 17.5% off after you buy the Golden Ticket items...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Gift Card sale over at Daz3D.com.

You can get 20% off a gift card of $400 or more if you own or buy the three current Golden Ticket items.
FYI, since that day's sale is now second on the rotating banner, the gift card deal is still apparently available--I tested it and it worked, so if you missed it yesterday you still have a chance at it.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
FYI, since that day's sale is now second on the rotating banner, the gift card deal is still apparently available--I tested it and it worked, so if you missed it yesterday you still have a chance at it.
Just a quick note.

There's a lot of environments stuff in the 80%+ range right now over at Daz3D.com, should you be looking for a few ideas for new places for your sexy gals to get it on...

Might not be a bad day to shop if you are looking to 'recharge' your tokens to set things up for Mon-Tues double tokens...

I still hate those things, but this month so far has been IMHO the best sale we've had in a while (with tokens in play anyways) so yeah...

I've probably spent more this month on Daz assets than I have in the last several years. I REALLY don't see how they are going to top this with the Annual October Daz+ sale, but they might surprise me. In the meantime, yeah there continues to be a lot of really good deals. Just be prepared to do a LOT of scrolling. If you have a 4K monitor, that might help, so that you can display 8 columns of thumbnails...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A bit of a late notice here:

Just a note on today's Daz3D.com sale...

While it's NOT double tokens day, ALL RELEASING ARTISTS ARE BACK!

Last time this happened, it didn't carry over to the next day, so no guarantee that all releasing artists will be on sale tomorrow. Food for thought!

The $2.99/$3.99 Golden Ticket item today is also interesting...

So if you were planning to spend around $80+ tomorrow anyways, and have 8+ tokens, couldn't hurt to look...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, for those of you that are doing Genesis 9...

I just noticed an orange banner over at Daz3D.com where you can use the coupon code:
G9-GLOW-UP
to get an extra 30% off up to 10 Genesis 9 items.

Coupon code is usable once per customer, and supposedly is valid until October 1st, 2023 at 23:59 MDT (UTC-6).

There's a decent number of G9 items (some which are G8/G8.1/G9) in the 65% off category, I tried the coupon on one just now and I saw an 80% off item (after other discounts) jump to 86% off. So yeah, might be worth a looksee!

If you search for Genesis 9 using the search field, then sort for Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1, you can more easily spot the G8 era figures. I'm seeing over 800 results (total, including some you may already own), and if you sort by new arrivals and jump to the last page and work forward, you MIGHT be able to more easily see the ones that have discounts, so it's a start... I'm not seeing a 'sort by % off' in my search results page, that might be a 'paid' option for Daz Deals...

Also note that there are a few G9 bundles in play that might interest you.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Renderosity has presently flash sales on vendor shops changing every 3 hours. The discount is 60% and it is (generally) not coupon-locked (but some vendors may forbid coupons on their stores). The coupon COMMNEWSSEP2023P15B5 should still work if you have not used it and give 15% on top of the 60%off.

Presently, it is Lilflame and Tempesta3D (till 11am CST)

The only way to know the currently discounted stores is to look at the rendo sale page

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick heads up.

We are in the last 48 hours of the Daz3D.com September PA sale. So if you want to get in on the deals, now is the time!

Note that I very much DO NOT expect this sale to carry over to Monday, as the October Daz+ sale usually starts in the first week of October. I have NO IDEA what kind of deals they may be offering this year, as this month's sale has kind of thrown me for a loop, so essentially all bets are off as to what kind of deals we may see on Monday.

It looks like all artists in this month's sale are back (pretty much expected), so you have over 35000 items to choose from, minus what you already own/have acquired of course!

This month's deals (with those stupid evil tokens taken into account AND if you have the 30% off banner in play) have been the best deals I've seen in a while, no idea how they will or will not top this with the Daz+ October sale... so if you've been snoozing, you are missing out on some excellent deals on G8 era and older stuff!

Food for thought!

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
if you have the 30% off banner in play
Just so you don't miss it, if you have two orange banners for 30%, one of them is for a coupon code for ANOTHER 30% stacked on top of the first 30%, but only on ten items.

If you have a golden ticket item and use 8 tokens, this means you're stacking 40%, 30%, 30%, and 20%, which means items will be just under 1/4 the current store price. E.g. a 50% off item currently $9.99 is $2.35 in my cart.

In daz math, that's (for first ten items):
  • 50% off in store => 88% off
  • 65% off in store => 92% off
  • 75% off in store => 94% off
  • 80% off in store => 95% off
Plus any gift card discount effectively stacks on that behind the scenes.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
glassware

Thanks for the heads up on that other coupon! I would have totally missed it!

Seems like another great offer to use on bundles! I did that with the G9 essentials coupon and grabbed a few bundles for really decent prices.

For those that may not have used the G9 Essentials coupon yet, or the other coupon, yeah check your Daz3D.com messages!

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Edit: The bug has been fixed.

There's some kind of store bug on 50%-off items where they're not actually 50% off; if you deactivate the coupon and turn off tokens, they show as 50% off in the store and only 44% off in your cart, even though you should have 30%+20% off from orange banner/golden ticket and see them as even more discounted than 50%. (E.g. an item shows as $20 and 50% off in the store, but then as $23 in the cart.) This means these items don't end up at 1/4 their store-listed price with full discounts enabled.

This has been discussed and reported in the daz3d forums. But this being the standard thing where Daz starts a sale at Daz midnight and then their employees go home, it probably won't get fixed until sometime in the morning daz time, so you may want to hold off on buying stuff until after daz noon, i.e. daz midnight +8...+12 hours. If you already made a purchase with the coupon and didn't notice, and you had 50%-off items file a support request and ask them to refund you the extra amount you paid from the sale not computing things correctly. As I understand it they will always do this for legit sales errors.

But also note that the "Store-Wide Artists Sale" is not advertised to include the 20% Golden Ticket discount, which only applies to the "Featured Artist Stores", so the expected price there w/full discounts is just under 1/3rd the listed price, not 1/4. I.e. it can be very hard to tell from an item's page what discount you ought to be getting. Fuckin' daz.

Similarly, keep in mind that the 30% coupon doesn't apply to new releases and Daz+ items, and AFAIK Daz+ items are unmarked in the store so you have no way of knowing if something is one or not; traditionally you could tell because it was so cheap, but during a big sale like this, urp.

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Note that I very much DO NOT expect this sale to carry over to Monday, as the October Daz+ sale usually starts in the first week of October. I have NO IDEA what kind of deals they may be offering this year, as this month's sale has kind of thrown me for a loop, so essentially all bets are off as to what kind of deals we may see on Monday.
Using my magic crystal ball, I can tell the Daz+ sale will probably start on monday.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
From just the slider it looks kind of bad though, 50% off for Daz members. So, only 50%? Maybe on top of another 80% discount and we're talking.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
It's a weird compromise trying to buy bundles to get the best deal. In one sense, since the deal is so good, you want to buy very expensive bundles; $100 bundle comes down to say $23. That's a huge discount, but is it really worth it? You can look at price-per-item like OhWee does, or you can just say "how cheap do I think this could ever get in other sales, do I want it, and how much of the bundle do I really want?" Maybe for you poses or texture add-ons aren't worth it, which devalues the bundles containing them.

For example, I'm all in on G8, so I'm not that interested in G9; I'll start acquiring G9 stuff if it gets ultra-cheap, but until then I'm only interested in G9 clothes, so G9 bundles aren't that interesting to me. (And if I keep buying G9 clothes directly that are also in bundles, it devalues those bundles for me further.)

So for example if you have 20 bundles you're willing to buy and will buy in, say, the next year, you want to pick the most expensive ones to be in the ten that get the most discount. So you both want to go expensive and not too expensive to get the best value.

Anyhow, if you want to start or continue to get into G9, here's some noteworthy G9 bundles I see in the store that are currently $30-$100 in the store, with the actual verified in-cart price with 8 tokens, orange banner, orange coupon only good for 10 items, & golden ticket:
  • $24.70 for 17 items (store price $105.00 at 65% off list price $299.99)
  • $19.75 for 15 items ($84.00 @65% off $239.99)
  • $18.44 for 13 items ($78.40 @65% off $223.99)
  • $18.19 for 14 items ($77.35 @65% off $220.99)
  • $16.46 for 12 items ($70.00 @65% off $199.99)
  • $16.46 for 11 items ($70.00 @65% off $199.99)
  • $14.82 for 10 items ($63.00 @65% off $179.99)
  • $14.76 for 12 items ($62.72 @75% off $255.99)
  • $11.72 for 16 items ($49.00 @75% off $199.99)
  • $9.22 for 12 items ($39.20 @75% off $159.99)
  • $9.22 for 6 items ($39.20 @75% off $159.99)
  • $9.22 for 6 items ($39.20 @75% off $159.99)
  • $9.22 for 7 items ($39.20 @75% off $159.99)
  • $8.12 for 8 items ($34.54 @76% off $140.99, one of the 6 items is a bundle of 3 items)
  • $8.07 for 7 items ($34.30 @75% off $139.99)
  • $7.90 for 11 items ($33.58 @65% off $95.95)
And some more I haven't checked the cart but should be between $9 and $15; some of these are subsets of mega bundles above, in classical terms "starter" vs "pro" bundles.
  • 11 items
  • 9 items
  • 9 items
  • 9 items
  • 8 items
  • 8 items
  • 7 items
  • 8 items
  • 7 items
  • 8 items
  • 7 items
  • 7 items
  • 7 items
  • 7 items
  • 8 items
  • 7 items
  • 6 items
  • 6 items
  • 6 items
  • 6 items
  • 6 items
  • 6 items
  • 6 items
The way to find this stuff is to go to the various sale pages, select "only show bundles", and then sort high-to-low. (If you're wondering why I went to all this effort to make this post, it was basically me doing research to decide if I should start G9. ~100 items for $150 is "interesting", but the reality is I'd want more than 100 items before it's really worth having vs my huge G8 collection.)

Here's some miscellaneous stuff. It's hard for me to find G8 stuff that's expensive enough to get as much value as the G9 bundles (although maybe it's because I own so much of it already):
  • $14.57 for 11 items ($61.95/$176.99)
  • $9.06 for 8 items ($38.50/$109.99)
  • $7.98 for 9 items ($33.93/96.95)
  • $7.78 for 8 items ($33.07/$134.99)
  • $6.99 for 5 items ($29.73/$84.95)

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This bundle is pretty small, but the school part of the bundle is pretty awesome!

Might not be coupon worthy, but even without the coupon, the school itself looks like a rather good deal, due to the different classroom types and such.

This bundle is notable as a couple of the assets also fit G8 as well as G9, and it has an interesting mix of assets.

As noted above, it's a $220 bundle that you can snag for as little as $18.

There's also a rather nice looking Pegasus bundle for Daz Horse 3, but I already had 10 bundles in my cart, so that one will have to wait for now... also, it's NOT associated with an artist, so the discount isn't quite as good for this bundle (minus an extra 20% I think), BUT depending on what they do with the Daz+ sale next month, might get a good deal next month, but honestly I have no clue. I've bookmarked it for now, if another coupon shows up tomorrow (slight chance)...

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and glassware

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So after one of the best months we've seen in a while over at Daz3D.com as far as sales are concerned (assuming you did the token thing), in about a half hour several of us are expecting the October Daz+ sale to kick off. I'm very curious to see what they have planned this year, last month's sale was very unexpected based on what they had been doing for the last year or two...

Tokens are still evil though and should go away in favor of more straightforward discounts, just sayin!

Just had to share that thought as I wait for Daz Midnight!
:unsure:

Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, waiting for the dust to settle (looks like a few things aren't displaying properly on the Daz3D.com sales page for today), but yes, indeed the October Daz+ sale has begun.

Other than the free skid-steer loader, so far I'm underwhelmed but I'm probably missing something. The 'buy in' for the 50 cent doorbuster seems a bit steep (the cheapest item is around $4-5 which isn't bad, but yeah if you don't want that one, yeah...) so I'll leave it to others to pick apart today's sale once they spot the deals.

As far as I can tell, the deals aren't carrying over to Lightning Deals so far, so if that is the case, yeah not interesting to me (my $2 or less rule of thumb). The Daz+ for a Day items get as low as $2.49 with prereq buy-ins, so again not interesting to me, the only thing that would help here is tokens, 8 tokens drops this to $1.49 which is more interesting, but for me the main challenge here would be finding $40 of suitably discounted items that I actually want to recharge said tokens, and then there's the 'end of week' recharge that requires another $80... The Tokens seem to also apply to the new release 'prereq' item so there's that, but yeah...

So, as I said before, I'll leave this to others to pick apart today's sale. I overspent last month already (actually paid using a credit card directly for a number of items due to gift cards/store credit running out a couple of times), and am pretty content with my haul atm.
:unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Yep, the daz+ sale is definitely not as good as the "artists" one, with the 30% and 20% extra discount.

We can do a comparison (excluding tokens). We must do a specific comparison for DO items that are have an extra 50% off instead of 30%:
(Edited: the discount is not 10%+25% with a buy-in, but 25%. I modified the numbers accordingly)

Recent items: (Latest Released Items)
Artist: 50%+30%+20%=72% (80% for DO with 30% off)
Daz+: 50%+25%+10%=63% (82% for DO with 50% off)

Older items: (Vintage Daz Items)
Artist: 65%+30%+20%=80% (86% for DO)
daz+: 60%+25%=70% (85% for DO)

Oldest items: (Classic Items)
Artist: 80%+30%+20%=89% (92% for DO)
Daz+: 75%+25%=83% (91% for DO)

So, the discount is more or less identical for DO items, but is clearly worse for non-DO assets.

And there are some more subtle differences:
1/ as noted by OhWee the buy-in that is the "door buster" item that more or less requires to purchase a new release. There is a cheap buy-in around $4 (daz+ new release $5+25%=$4..2 + $.5 for the "door buster"=$4.7) which is a bit more than for the "artists sale" (but for two assets) and we can expect something similar everyday. But it must be purchased everyday, while the artist sale only required such a purchase every 3 days.
2/ the discounted items in the "Latest Released Items", "Vintage Daz Items" and "Classic Items" are limited to 5. This is clearly an anti "token abuse" method. With tokens, you have interest in purchasing large amounts from time to time. And during the artist sale I did purchase ~15-20 items twice a week at an extra 40% off. This is no longer possible with this 5 items limitation.

Remains the daz+ for a day. The discount is decent and at $2.49 is in the range 83-90%. But again, the amount of concerned items is low (50) and it does not allow an efficient stacking with tokens.

So, the sale is somehow disappointing, but I purchased too much during the artists sale, so it is not such a terrible thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote