The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

Savings of 50% to 60%!
All Renderosity members can save 50% while can save 60% on these products.

Sale valid through 11:59pm (cdt) Sunday, October 22nd.

Disclaimer:
Some vendors are participating in multiple sales events due to the number of promotions and sales we have for October. Some items may be in two (2) or more promotions at the same time and price may be affected depending on the latest event. Kindly note that this is beyond our control.​

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Here is an interesting thing about Daz prices.

I use DazDeals Notifications in preference to the Daz Wishlist, much more flexible in setting a price I am prepared to pay for an item. However, the full original notification list is not easy to work with so I reformat it.

As a result, I get a clearer picture of Daz Arithmetic in action and I have also noticed that in order for Daz to achieve a target discount percentage they don't always reduce the cart price, they increase the MSRP. I see this because DazDeals updates the current price but not the MSRP at the time the notification was setup, that is quite sneaky I think, but not entirely unexpected.

The DazDeals notification entry (original format):

1698018468023.png

versus the current Shop entry (as of the date and time of this post):

1698018557031.png

The price has gone up from $31.95 to $33.95 since 2023-07-31 which means that applying my original 'buy at' (85% not in a rush I can wait...) criteria the notification price would now be $5.09 which is $0.30 more ... not a lot, but still ... guess it'll be a long wait for this one ...

It would be nice if DaDeals also tracked the MSRP in the price history, but that might upset DAZ ...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity, a set of assets at a fixed price of $5.99. As usual, most are at a very low discount (below 50%), with the exception of Pamawo. His 4 assets are bundles initially at $50-100. Probably worth a look. (Only today)

At daz3D, a flash sale with shoes at 50%/65%-with-a-new-release discount that stacks with the extra 50%off when you purchase a new release.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I received on my renderosity mail this message
Get 30% OFF your order of $30 or more using our limited-time coupon code TRICKORTREAT- Active until: 11:59 pm CT Thursday, October 26th.​
Probably the coupon is valid for everybody.
An extra 30% is a big discount at rendo, but a minimum purchase of $30 is rather high and the deadline is tomorrow.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Probably the coupon is valid for everybody.
An extra 30% is a big discount at rendo, but a minimum purchase of $30 is rather high and the deadline is tomorrow.
Unfortunately, it's a totally normal renderosity coupon, which means it's only valid for items with a green coupon icon, not a red one. I checked by testing it on the 9 cheapest items on my wishlist ignoring the coupon icons and it came out to under 10% (see below) since it only applied to two items.

Of course if you limit yourself to items it applies to, you'll get 30%, but probably most of those items won't be in other sales, so no stacking. In which case you may be better off waiting for a normal rendo 40-50% sale on those items.

1698288224481.png

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Of course if you limit yourself to items it applies to, you'll get 30%, but probably most of those items won't be in other sales, so no stacking. In which case you may be better off waiting for a normal rendo 40-50% sale on those items.
I played around with that coupon and got a cart together with 3 items at 55% off, that seems to be the best you can do here. Given that renderosity sales have been really bad and I am not prime either currently, I just went with it though.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note in case anyone missed this over at Daz3D.com.

Sooo, if you purchase Death 9, or her bundles (which includes her), you can get some pretty good deals on a selection of older bundles:

Buy the Death 9 HD Pro Bundle or Death 9 HD to get
60% OFF* any 1
Up to 3 for $15 each*
PLUS up to 5 for $10 each*

Now and until NOV 25 get the Death 9 Alternate Shapes
FREE* when you buy the Death 9 Pro Bundle
The * means 'does not stack with other offers'. Still, if you are going the 'cheaper' route, $12.25 for Death 9, or $7.35 if 8 tokens are applied (say if you want to buy some older 'featured artists' stuff), isn't that bad of a buy in if there are say 5 Genesis 8 bundles at $10 that may interest you...

That Extra 60% off any 1 Genesis 9 bundle, well I just tried this one in my cart and the $73.01 price dropped to 90% off ($14.61 before tokens, $8.77/94% off with 8 tokens).

It'll be interesting to see if these will 'play nice' with autofit to G8... supposedly that's an option if you have the 'G9 autofit shells'.

It's also a 'catch up' sale and thankfully the Daz+ for a day category is 'just' the Usual $3.99/$2.49 with new release (they hiked the price a bit earlier this month in a previous catch up sale), so if there's stuff there that you don't mind spending $2.49 on (no token or discount stacking for these), well, or if there are older 'featured artists' items that you might be interested in, well it might be worth a looksee.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity, till next Wednesday 10/31, you can get a free asset with every purchase (over $3.5)

You need to add an item before checking out
There are ~200 free items (see at the end of the page) and it is very likely that you don't have all of them. It is also very likely that you will get something that does not really interest you. But if you like gambling...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
View attachment 3047069
2300 DO assets from the G8/8.1 era
Other discounts stacks (50% off everything with a debut new, 50% off DO) leading to 92% off
Just a couple of quick notes. The October Daz+ sale supposedly will end in the next 34 1/2 hours, after which I'm not expecting much sales wise. The Daz3D.com sales team could surprise us, but the discounts right now are pretty good, and you earn double tokens on Mondays and Tuesdays. I hate the token game, and fully expect go go into 'mostly hibernating' mode as far as Daz sales go. I've picked through the library pretty extensively over the last two months, and at this point, most of the stuff that's left on my wishlist is in the 'well if it's REALLY cheap maybe' category.

Daz+ for a day is back to $2.49 with Debut/Still new prereqs, for Daz+ members, and there's a lot of stuff in there atm, 196 items minus what you already own. I'd recommend sorting price by high to low to find the best deals. Other new releases MIGHT also trigger the discount - I had an eye on a particular item over the weekend that wasn't listed in the Debut/Still new listings but still triggered the extra discounts, so it can't hurt to try...

My point here is that the next couple of days might be a good time to 'wrap up' your Daz3D buying spree for now. Historically, unless the October Daz+ sale is extended, the sales we've seen recently between the end of October and the end of the year were pretty 'meh'. A few years back a few interesting sales seemed to pop up around December 25th, but more recently I was mostly unimpressed with the offerings after the October Daz+ sale. This year's March Madness wasn't too bad at points, but that's a few months off and the Daz3D.com sales team seems to change their mind often about what level of deals they feel like offering, and the previous MM sales were rather uninspiring to me after say 2019...

Also, the 40% off Daz+ memberships thing that was running over the weekend seems to be gone now, so you may need to wait a while for a good deal on Daz+ if you were thinking about renewing anytime soon. So that ship has sailed for now.

Food for thought!
:unsure:

One other note. Hopefully y'all are keeping backups your DIM product packages after installing them. There's been a few reports of things disappearing from people's Daz3D.com product libraries, and those people had to dig up their old invoices to prove that they owned said product before they were re-instated into their Product libraries. Also, I'd imagine that really old items might also fall victim to this. While this seems to be a very uncommon problem, my point here is to back up your DIM download product packages (or however you download the products) somewhere safe, just in case you might need to re-install them again later. I wouldn't rely on your Daz3D.com product library 100% for such things...

I suppose that you could always check the 'alternate sources' at that point if you really needed something, but those seem to come and go...

This is also a very good idea if you see a 'too good to be true' offer and jump on it before the Daz3D.com sales team 'corrects' the error. I've seen it mentioned once or twice here how things were pulled retroactively from people's sales tickets. Again, this is rare but it HAS happened, so I recommend downloading any such deals immediately and backing up the product package in your backups at that point. I don't THINK that the DIM download manager, Daz Central, etc. will reach into your Daz install and pull stuff from your My Daz 3D Library, but you never know. I'm very much of the philosophy that once the transaction is completed, and you have a copy of the invoice to back up your purchase, that it's yours, which btw it's also a good idea to keep copies your invoices somewhere just in case if you worry about such things, but that's just my opinion...

I'm sure that most of you already know these things, but I thought I'd mention it again as a friendly reminder, and also for people that might be newer customers of Daz3D.com...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The final day of the Daz3D.com Daz+ sale is just rude!

50% off Daz+ memberships, but ONLY if you are not already a Daz+ member.

Daz+ for a day is $4.99/$3.99 (which means a hard pass for me).

There's an extra 10% off coupon for the 4 Horsemen bundle, but the extra 10% off only applies if you buy one other of the specified pro bundles...

The $1 doorbuster category is worth a looksee at least. Tokens won't reduce that further, but at $1 I won't complain.

All artists are on sale again, so perhaps that'll help with wishlist items. There's some eye makeup thing in the new releases for around $5 so that isn't too bad for the 'new release buy-in', and you can get the 4 horsemen bundle down to below $18 with 8 tokens (not counting the extra 10% off if you should decide to grab a second pro bundle).

All in all, though, I'm pretty annoyed that they gave current Daz+ members the finger by 'locking out' the 50% off membership discount to members. I don't need to renew for a while yet, but at 50% off I would have considered it...

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
<snip>

There's an extra 10% off coupon for the 4 Horsemen bundle, but the extra 10% off only applies if you buy one other of the specified pro bundles...

<snip>
Here is an Orange Banner coupon: HORSEMEN-40 that might be worth a try ...

1698758280750.png

With 8 Tokens it takes the bundle down to $10.59 ...

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Here is an Orange Banner coupon: HORSEMEN-40 that might be worth a try ...

View attachment 3049155

With 8 Tokens it takes the bundle down to $10.59 ...
No joy... I'm going to guess that you already own one or more of the following bundles:

Karmen 9 HD Pro Bundle
Zack 9 HD Pro Bundle
Dain 9 HD Pro Bundle
Death 9 HD Pro Bundle

That's my guess at whatever Daz3D.com sales team logic may be in play here anyways, how many of those bundles do you already own?

In other news, I just tried putting a Daz+ membership in my cart to try out a coupon code mentioned in the 'There's always another sale -Discussion thread' and it showed up at 50% off (I'm already a Daz+ member) even though the sales page says the discount is 'just' for non-members, AND this seems to be 'token worthy'. The coupon code that was mentioned was MEMBER-40, but I never saw that coupon code/orange banner. Someone managed to get the price down to $25.22 a couple of days ago with said coupon code, but yeah not valid for me... Ahh well, way to give me the finger AGAIN Daz3D.com sales team... r.e. me not being 'coupon worthy' that is... Still, 70% off annual memberships (with 8 tokens at least) IS notable.

It sucks not being (orange banner) worthy...

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
No joy... I'm going to guess that you already own one or more of the following bundles:

Karmen 9 HD Pro Bundle
Zack 9 HD Pro Bundle
Dain 9 HD Pro Bundle
Death 9 HD Pro Bundle

<snip>
AH! that explains it ... I didn't notice the 10% Coupon/Option just the Orange Banner/Message ... and also why there are no characters in the bundle to act as the Horsemen ... which did puzzle me

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks oaiki! I ended up grabbing three bundles for decently cheap with that extra 30% off coupon (gotta luv discount stacking).

Also, at $21 for a yearly membership (70% off with 8 tokens), yeah I'm now good for another year. No worries until 2025, so now I can relax and go into semi-hibernation r.e. sales after today maybe.

I grabbed a lot of cool stuff over the last two months, now I just need to actually find interesting ways to use it...
:ROFLMAO:

I'm also massively over budget on my Daz spending thanks to the last two monthly sales being 'better than expected/the new normal', so it's Ramen for me for a bit...
:p

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So apparently Daz 4.22 is now a thing. I'm still back at 4.16 for compatability reasons...

Probably the most notable thing over at Daz3D.com today other than 4.22 is 22% off off of $401+ gift cards. I just tried the 22 for 60 thing and 4 for 70 thing, and it's 60% (or 70%) off total (no discount stacking that I can see). Tokens might help, but yeah much worse deals than yesterday.

Still, 22% off of a gift card might help if you you are in need of a store credit recharge, and there are no other prereqs than the over $400 thing...

There's an extra 22% off of new releases over $4, nothing to write home about as far as I can tell.

If any of you find any interesting deals today, feel free to sound off! Also, if any guinea pigs out there decide to play around with 4.22, feel free to share your experience!
;)

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Tokens might help, but yeah much worse deals than yesterday.
Nope, Tokens don't stack either

Also:

1698826639363.png

Intern must have been celebrating too much over Halloween to proof the Promo page ... you may be relieved to learn that it does give you a Daz Arithmetic 70%, (69.98% on my test sample)

• Haha
Reactions: amster22
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote