The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Probably the most notable thing over at Daz3D.com today other than 4.22 is 22% off of $401+ gift cards.
As far as I can tell from this thread, the last time we saw a deal above 20%-off a gift card was two years ago, August 2021, when it was also 22% (which at the time didn't seem great because back then 25%-off was commonplace). With today's sale having no buy-in requirements, that seems to make this the best deal in over two years. So, if you can afford to tie up the cash, putting your planned daz money into a $401+ gift card now is probably wise.

(Unless your money is in a bank account making 2%+ interest, in which case I guess maybe it's not worth it vs waiting for a future 20% deal? It's so weird to have to think about that now. Also, we're talking about an extra $10 savings on $500 so you should decide how much money is worth spending your thinking time and mental energy on.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG, I forgot how much I hate this nonsense. I hadn't shopped at all since early in the last sales round. I missed double tokens this week but wanted to treat myself so was digging into some of today's deals.

First, somehow while I was shopping I momentarily forgot how daz math works and thought the "60% off, and an additional 22% off with 4 or more" meant a crazy good deal and I started hunting that category aggressively, but of course it actually means "60% off, or 70% off for 4 or more". So, I got like 5 of those, plus the 4-for-70-off coupon plus some other stuff just to buy enough stuff to earn 8 tokens, then set out to create a big order to leverage the 8 tokens.

So for this I figured I'd use the "22-FOR-60" coupon to get some items at 60% off. But of course that deal doesn't stack, which means it doesn't stack with tokens (this is the utter scammiest thing daz does IMO), so on my first run through, I put some stuff that was listed on the store as 51% off. With the 40% stacking discount those end up at around 70% off, but then when you add the coupon they go down to only 60% off--so the coupon actualy makes it worse! So dumb.

(It's not inherently dumb--if you don't have tokens, the coupon discount is valuable. But it's dumb that if you do have tokens, you have to be very careful. They should just give you whichever price is cheaper.)

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Small Daz3D wishlist sale with a $10-$15 buy-in, but possibly worth it even if you don't "do" medieval.

Deal:

Get up to five wishlisted items for 50% off with purchase of a (medieval-themed) New Release. And you can get a further 25% discount on the New Release by buying one item from the Featured Artist list. I had several wishlisted items in the featured artists, so this worked out well for me, as Featured Artist items get an extra 25% off as well with the New Release.

Example benefits:

With 40% off tokens and 50% off wishlist items, you'll see an item currently 30% off end up at 79% off. I chose on-sale items from my wishlist so I ended up with a range of 79% off to 90% off (but not even close to OhWee's $2 threshold).

Getting the most for your dollars:

You want to choose carefully from your wishlist, maybe looking for items that are on sale but never go on sale for much cheaper. You can use DazDeals history for this somewhat, although it doesn't show prices for deals with buy-ins.

A good order to add things to your cart is:
  1. Up to five wishlist items based on your opinion of most valuable to add; could be expensive things that never go on sale, or the cheapest ones on sale, whatever is most important to you. Doing this first guarantees these are the items the coupon will affect, in case you add more wishlist items in the following steps
  2. Apply tokens so you can see final prices
  3. Add one New Release
  4. Apply the WISH-COME-TRUE coupon
  5. If the New Release doesn't have the 25% off Featured Artist discount already from your wishlist choices, add one or more items from the Featured Artist list to taste (there may be other good deals there, and if you're using up your tokens, you may want to get other items in on the token savings)
  6. Add items from the bonus categories the New Release discounts by 65%. You get at most 4 from each category, and it's possible you already have some of those slots used up by wishlist items, so be careful.
  7. Optionally, if you're playing the token game, add enough items so that after your purchase you'll have 8 tokens for the next go-around

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, several sales were added to the Daz3D.com carousel today.

I'll leave it to you experts to spot the discount stacking between sales, if any...
:p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
So, several sales were added to the Daz3D.com carousel today.

I'll leave it to you experts to spot the discount stacking between sales, if any...
:p
One of the sale is very small (<100 items)
The other is much larger (10k items), but discounts only appear when the item is in the cart (like with a coupon, though no coupon is involved). Daz rarely does that, but if two sales like that are involved, finding discount stacks will be virtually impossible (and the price monitoring by daz-deals inoperant).
Other sales are standard (with a displayed discount), and I did not see any stacking, but I may be wrong...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Free phones! Get your free phones!

New Weekly freebies over at Daz3D.com in case you didn't notice...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity
  • 60% off for everybody ~200 recent items, only today, coupon friendly
  • 50%/60%prime off till Thursday, 400+ items (mostly accessories: jewels, hats, chokers, etc), coupon locked
(and sorry, no extra coupon ATM)

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

$100 (After any tokens applied) buy-in, Stacks with other discounts,
except FastGrap and those that don't ...
[did I need to say that?]

Expires 19:59GMT

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

That's how they get ya...
:sneaky:

Wasn't planning to spend over $80 in store credit today... at least it means 16 of those evil tokens...
o_O

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

Daz+ Coupons work also​

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity
  • 70% off for everybody 150 items till Wednesday
  • 40%/60%prime off Luna3D store till Friday
  • 40%/60%prime off GriffinFX store till Friday

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A new rendo coupon: Gives 30% off a purchase over $30 and is valid till Saturday (11/11) SALUTE1108

Only problem, the announce states "sale items not included", which would largely reduce its interest.
But I doubt that. Green coupon items are supposed to always be coupon friendly at rendo even if the asset is already discounted... When I have time to experiment, I will let you know. And if some of you have some results...

EDIT: I made a $30 cart with on sale items. The coupon is accepted, but it states that it does not apply to any item. And if I add a non-discounted item, the coupon adds 30%off this item. So the best discount you can get is 30% :(
Better forget the coupon, IMHO.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Today's Daz3D.com 'pre-black Friday' sale is hurting my brain. Isn't Thanksgiving like 15 days away?

Also, yeah the 'buy 10 of this thingie to get extra discount' thing...

My brain hurts, so I'll leave it to the 'professionals' in this thread to spot the really good deals...
o_O

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Today's Daz3D.com 'pre-black Friday' sale is hurting my brain. Isn't Thanksgiving like 15 days away?
Also, yeah the 'buy 10 of this thingie to get extra discount' thing...
My brain hurts, so I'll leave it to the 'professionals' in this thread to spot the really good deals...
Yeah, this is just terrible. The things to buy 10 of are discounted 50-60% off in cart but not in store depending on how many you buy, so hard to evaluate. And there aren't that many things on each list, so the likelihood of getting enough to hit the higher discount, or to get the "10 items gets a free bonus items", is pretty low. Even with 40% off tokens (gotta use up those doubled tokens before they expire), that only brings 50% off stuff to 70% off, which just isn't exciting.

And the deals change every 8 hours, which makes it a tedious job to keep coming back to if you want to do it "right". I really hate these lighting etc. sales things.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1699563510003.png
The
Appears to be Free for Daz+ Members - $10.49 if you are not
Why is it of interest? ... 'cause it seems to count as a
over $1.00 for some Promos

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I am actually actively avoiding this thread since that PA sale to not get suckered in too much again. But still, can't resist looking every now and then.

There is a Unreal Humble Bundle again that still runs for 8 days:
unreal-asset-bonanza.png

But watch out, there are a lot of assets from previous bundles in there! So if you bought those too, then check what you already have and if its worth it for you. Personally I was surprised I only had like 3 or so of the assets already.

Probably the most notable thing over at Daz3D.com today other than 4.22 is 22% off off of $401+ gift cards.
They actually had 30% off the weekend after. 22% + 10% orange banner when you downloaded 4.22 the day it came out, though maybe only for people like me, who actually bought a gift card for 22% off, cause hey, why not spend another 400?

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity,
  • 60% off a set of ~150 assets, coupon friendly (only today)
  • 50%/60%prime off 700+ male assets (chars, outfits, hair) till Thursday (coupon locked)
  • And a coupon for you: 15% off till 12/01 COMMNEWSNOV2023P15B5

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote