The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick Daz3D.com note for those that may not have this link handy:

Fastest easy way to figure out what your cheapest new release (before discount stacking) options are when trying to meet prereqs for say 'any new release over $1'.

Of course, Nala for Genesis 9 is pretty cute, and she's only $2.99, so there's that...

Also, as usual, keep an eye on the lightning deals for discount stacking, this might help with keeping your punch card punches filled, assuming that 'any purchase over $1' holds true. I snagged a pretty good deal earlier for under $1.50, but this $2.99 flash grab bag sale has at least one thing that interests me so I can't 'double check' the lightning deals meeting punch card requirements today.

Reactions: oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Daz+ Freebies and Deals

A web page redesign I find iritating is the Daz+ Promo / Deal page; this is where the Monthly / Weekly freebies are listed ... They are now hidden within an 'accordion' which one might think is just more sales pitch ...

which it is, wholly redundant for Members looking for the Freebies and yes, this week it is more flora ...

• Angry
Reactions: OhWee and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity:
  • 70% off ~120 assets till Wednesday (coupon friendly)
  • 50%/60%prime off 600 outfits/textures till Wednesday (coupon locked)
  • 40%/60%prime off Tim82 store till Friday (coupon locked)
At renderotica, many Black Friday sales. The discount is 20%-50% off and the duration is variable.
I let you explore them.
Special mention: Meipe store (Dicktator, Golden place, etc) at 40% off till Monday 27

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It doesn't look like Punches stack on top of the Lightning Deals
It may be just if other discounts are already in play for that item. I've seen the discount jump over 90% once or twice, but usually it's in the 80%/86% range...

Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Over at Daz3D.com, there's a holiday flash sale. Grab up to 10 select holiday themed items (lots of winter themed stuff) for 99 cents each. Tokens don't apply, and you need to use the coupon code:

HOLIDAY-FLASH

It's a flash sale, with no expiry date listed, so move fast if this stuff interests you!

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Found ths in the bowls of today's

then I read the small print on the promo that says it's there...

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Found ths in the bowls of todday's

then I read the small print on the promo that says it's there...

I renewed last month when some discount stacking added up to 70% off (rare), just wondering if the punch card tokens might stack with the 50% off, should anyone else wish to renew..

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I renewed last month when some discount stacking added up to 70% off (rare), just wondering if the punch card tokens might stack with the 50% off, should anyone else wish to renew..
Sadly, in even smaller print on the 'Holiday Rewards' description we find this:

*Holiday Rewards discount cannot be used on gift cards, licenses, and memberships.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, the Daz3D.com Black Friday sale...

Probably the most notable thing is this:

If you buy 5 or more Ironman 13 items, they are $1 each (318 items, minus what you already own).

Many of us have probably picked the i13 selection clean by this point, but for those of you that haven't, DO NOTE that there are currently a number of i13 bundles in play (minus the ones you already own of course).

Also, check for orange banners. I burned my 3 uses yesterday thinking that the banner they threw my way (in my case 20% off/3 uses) wouldn't extend to today, but every little bit helps!

The rest of the sale looks pretty much the same, but is probably worth a looksee at least.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity, 50% off store wide till Monday (you can usually get better deals, but some stores are rarely discounted and this can be interesting).

A 25% off coupon valid till Sunday THANKFUL23 but only for orders above $100 :(

Double reward (whenever you purchase something at renderosity, you gain usually a 7% reward in points to purchase a gift certificate. This used to be for everybody, but I think it now only applies to prime members :( but they can get 14% as a reward) (Till Monday)

Every 3 hours a bunch of bestsellers products are at 60% off. Look for "Thanksgiving Dash for Deals" on Rotates at the same time as daz lightning deals.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I am posting, you know what that means? That's right, there is another Unreal bundle (actually, it is a mix of Unity and Unreal assets) over at humble bundle:

de926bec6ea0e65b980b824ca2beecac2d76f435.png

That one really hurt me, cause I already bought a bunch of those, at far higher prices. Oh well.

EDIT: Also the black friday sale at Unreal Market is still ongoing until December 3rd, all of the Leartes Studio (that's the creator of that bundle) assets are on sale for 70% off, which is good-ish (90% is best I've ever seen on Unreal Market).

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Saw this, had to share. Leon's hair is looking a bit... off...
Also, that Ballet pose...

leontruckhair.jpg

On a more serious note, just a friendly reminder to keep an eye on the Lightning Deals for discount stacking. I've been using a lightning deal fairly often to fulfill the punch card requirement each day.

Also, remember to grab your two daily freebies each day during this holiday sale...

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
On a more serious note, just a friendly reminder to keep an eye on the Lightning Deals for discount stacking. I've been using a lightning deal fairly often to fulfill the punch card requirement each day.
Oh, that's a great point, thanks!

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There is an offer at daz3D: if you buy for $50, you get for free the "Dance of the Sugar Plum" bundle.

FYI, I discovered that the $50 threshold is **before** the token punch card discount is applied, so the actual price you have to pay to get the free bundle is $50*.65=$33 (if you have 35% on your punch card).

I am not strongly interested by this bundle, but I could purchase it for, say, $10-12, so getting it for free removes $11 to $33 that is an extra 30% off.

Finally I decided that the base discounts were not good enough and that I was not interested by the offer, but YMMV.

Anyway, it is good to know that this kind of offer considers the order amount before the punch card discounts.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Daz3D has two daily items that you can choose in an offer: either a free one or a more expensive item at $2.99

I noticed two days ago that the freebie was on my wishlist for two successive days.
After the September/October/black Friday sales, my wishlist was rather depleted, so yesterday I spent some time adding some not-so-bad DO assets and today both the freebie and the $2.99 item are from my wishlist...

1701530921657.png

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Daz3D has two daily items that you can choose in an offer: either a free one or a more expensive item at $2.99

I noticed two days ago that the freebie was on my wishlist for two successive days.
After the September/October/black Friday sales, my wishlist was rather depleted, so yesterday I spent some time adding some not-so-bad DO assets and today both the freebie and the $2.99 item are from my wishlist...

View attachment 3136419
Spooky! not a great believer in coincidences, so I looked for empirical evidence. Last night I added a load of random stuff that I have been keeping an eye on to my Daz Wishlist ...

This morning the Daz Advent Calendar had 2 of them:
  • - Free
  • - $2.99
Are your Advent Calendar goodies the same?

Looking forward to see what happens tomorrow ... [edit] Sadly, it's either or, can't add both :( [/edit]

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Spooky! not a great believer in coincidences, so I looked for empirical evidence. Last night I added a load of random stuff that I have been keeping an eye on to my Daz Wishlist ...

This morning the Daz Advent Calendar had 2 of them:
  • - Free
  • - $2.99
Are your Advent Calendar goodies the same?
TIL that everyone gets different Advent Calendar goodies.

I am a little different with my wishlist I think, I just use it as "I've seen this", so I have a wishlist that is like thousands of items. I just add pretty much everything I look at and there is even a remote chance I might buy it. Most of the time I also go through the new items and add a couple, so the whole thing just keeps growing...

Don't even know why at this point, I started doing this when the Daz Deals feature for just showing wishlist items still worked, cause then in a sale I would just filter the entire list down to still a considerable amount of items to choose from.

That said, I do get items from my wishlist as goodies. Maybe someone should try only putting recent bundles on his wishlist?

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
TIL that everyone gets different Advent Calendar goodies.

I am a little different with my wishlist I think, I just use it as "I've seen this", so I have a wishlist that is like thousands of items. I just add pretty much everything I look at and there is even a remote chance I might buy it. Most of the time I also go through the new items and add a couple, so the whole thing just keeps growing...

Don't even know why at this point, I started doing this when the Daz Deals feature for just showing wishlist items still worked, cause then in a sale I would just filter the entire list down to still a considerable amount of items to choose from.

That said, I do get items from my wishlist as goodies. Maybe someone should try only putting recent bundles on his wishlist?
:unsure: I am not sure Daz is anywhere near generous enough to put whole bundles in the advent calendar.

I too used to have a very large Daz Wishlist, which just grew and didn't get depleted, then I discovered DazDeals, its wishlist filter and Notifications. But still it was not easy managing both lists.

So I have developed a python script that reformats the DazDeals Notification list (I have a DazDeals Pro subscription) and merges it with my Daz Wishlist. This has allowed me to reduce both lists and focus my purchases on "must have new items" and "watched" items making the best of the complex Daz promos (I also have a spreadsheet that I use to persuade myself that I am saving money). I did manage to empty the Daz Wishlist; unfortunately, that breaks DazDeals, so I need to keep at least 1 item in it.

I prefer the DazDeals Notification as they allow for a finer granularity on the target sales price; however, recent promos, like this one, may make me use the Daz Wishlist a bit more as an incentive for them to put items I want in the promos ... [edit] he said dreaming of utopia ... [/edit]

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity, 150 assets at 70% off for everybody till Wednesday

Several stores at 60% off till Wednesday

Winter assets at 50/60%prime off till Friday

And maybe a couple of other things that I forgot

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote