The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick note.

Over at Daz3D.com:
20% off your entire order (including gift cards) if you buy two debut new. Haven't tried using a Daz+ new release or KOO Angus HD yet to see if they will trigger the 20% discount, otherwise the 'buy in' is a bit over $20 depending on what you grab. The new muscle car looks sweet and the new remote mini sub is below $10...

Since it's 20% off entire cart, if your store credit was bought in the 20% off range, it's essentially sixes between using store credit or paying 'full price minus 20% on your credit card or whatever'. So if you are in need of a store credit recharge, today is an option at least...

New releases also unlock other discounts, IF they are currently in your cart, somehing to keep in mind as you are looking at this (stating the obvious).

Also, as usual Daz+ still thinks that our plant collections need even more plants... (plant Daz+ freebie).

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Also, as usual Daz+ still thinks that our plant collections need even more plants... (plant Daz+ freebie).
They are all very useful for the AVN I am developing based around Dioecious Trees.

The characters:
  • Philip, [Male: Phellodendron - Amur Cork Tree] MC
  • Linda, [Female: Lindera - Spicebush] main LI
  • Kong, [Male: Kousa - Dogwood] Linda’s pet
  • Portia, [Female: Populus - Poplar] Linda’s antagonist
  • Celine, [Female: Celastrus - Bittersweet Vine] Philip’s "landlady"
  • Gino, [Male: Gymnospermum dioicus - Kentucky coffeetree] Philip’s best friend from their days in the arboretum
A torrid high drama IR adult action VN with various taboo subjects and optional / avoidable NTR.

It will be a slow burner.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Wow, this thread has been pretty quiet over the last week!

Anyways, just wanted to note that there's double punch card discounts going on in today's sale over at Daz3D.com...

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity:
  • 70% off 150 items till Wednesday
  • some stores at 50-60% off till Wednesday
  • Christophe3D/Powerage store at 40%/60%prime off till Friday
  • Summer items at 50/60%prime off till Friday
At renderotica, 25% storewide till Xmas, but many stores are at a higher discount

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
there's double punch card discounts going on in today's sale
Yes, a lackluster end of year sale so far... and just a note for those not familiar with Daz Sale Speak and Arithmetic:

The max punchcard discount you get is 35% so a "x2 punch card discount" is 57.75% ... not as some optimists might wish 70% ... it's the suble difference between the headline 'x2' and 'double', although they do use 'double' in the text of the promo

Better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick as it stacks nicely with other "qualifying" discounts ... but still ... lackluster

:unsure: do you think they had been planning the palindrome all along?

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yes, a lackluster end of year sale so far... and just a note for those not familiar with Daz Sale Speak and Arithmetic:

The max punchcard discount you get is 35% so a "x2 punch card discount" is 57.75% ... not as some optimists might wish 70% ... it's the suble difference between the headline 'x2' and 'double', although they do use 'double' in the text of the promo

Better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick as it stacks nicely with other "qualifying" discounts ... but still ... lackluster

:unsure: do you think they had been planning the palindrome all along?
Yeppers!

Still, if you were looking for a place to employ say your $6 off of $18 Daz+ coupon, every little bit helps!

The 'either custom freebie or $2.99 calendar item' thing still annoys me though. OF COURSE I'm gonna go for the freebie being the cheap bastard that I am but there has been a few times that I wanted the $2.99 item too...

Not sure what the final freebie count is going to be this month (i.e. when they end the sale, etc.) but it's an interesting month for freebies.

I think I already have a couple of apocalypse vans, I'd really like to know what the rest of the inside of the Debut New one looks like though. I'm certainly set if I decide to do a Mad Max or Zombie Apocalypse homage. Hmmm, Road Warrior vs. Zombie Horde...

I'm thinking this, with suitable worn leather shaders..

with these boots...

A suitable sawed off shotgun...

or (looks like more functional option)

The car of course...

Then apply gender role reversal, 'cuz that's a thing in Hollywood these days, Dee should look good in that jacket, even better without a T-shirt...

Then insert suitable wasteland sets and zombies!

I've previously snagged a wasteland tractor pulling an RV, the apocalypse tanker (whatever it's called) and a bunch of other wasteland vehicles as well. I'm sure I have Zombies too, but I haven't put them to good use yet.

With Elle, Jen and a few other gals along for the ride as well of course! They already have a van...

If the van above interests you (not on sale atm)..

But I digress. Not sure how much of the above is on sale currently, and my Daz Studio install is not working atm - it's tucked away on it's own drive, but of course I need to set everything up again serial number wise for the registry, and of course point the Daz startup routine at the right drive when I'm ready to re-attach it to a system, after I back it up first of course... so that idea (if I ever follow up on it) will have to wait...

The last four months have been... interesting Daz sale wise. I've been mostly spending the minimum this month to keep my punch card going, but September/October had a lot of deals, including a few that I missed, who knows if we'll ever see deals like that again!

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick notes about today's Daz3D.com sale.

Bunch of categories on sale for $1.99-$4.99 with debut/still new release and coupon code:
GRAB-BAG-BONUS

No 'punch card discount' on these categories/no discount stacking so ymmv.

You may want to put your 'advent freebie' in a separate cart. The price jumped in my cart after applying the coupon, but putting it in a separate cart (with say just the freebies) solved this issue.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023
Quick notes about today's Daz3D.com sale.

Bunch of categories on sale for $1.99-$4.99 with debut/still new release and coupon code:
GRAB-BAG-BONUS

No 'punch card discount' on these categories/no discount stacking so ymmv.

You may want to put your 'advent freebie' in a separate cart. The price jumped in my cart after applying the coupon, but putting it in a separate cart (with say just the freebies) solved this issue.
To get the Grab-Bag-Bonus you have to include a Debut New item in your cart. So not really worth it, unless you really need one of those items right now.

This Christmas sale has been underwhelming so far.,.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
To get the Grab-Bag-Bonus you have to include a Debut New item in your cart. So not really worth it, unless you really need one of those items right now.

This Christmas sale has been underwhelming so far.,.
Yeppers, except for the daily advent and sale freebies. The advent freebies are slowly whittling away at my wishlist, sure a lot have been older, but not all of them...

The Daz sales team is being a bit more mindful of punch card/lightning deals stacking lately, haven't seen many slip through over the last few days.

I'm also a bit underwhelmed with the grab bag sales. The $1.99 stuff I've seen cheaper recently, but as you noted, if there's something there that you could put to use right now (along with the debut/still new) it could be helpful, hence the ymmv.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, a few notes about the Daz3D.com sale today.

1) It's a 'catchup/storewide artists sale'. There appears to be some discount stacking in play with the lightning deals, so keep a closer eye on those today as I'm seeing higher discounts on all four items atm...

2) 20% off of your entire order if you buy 3+ debut/still new items. The buy-in seems a bit steep, but the prices on these seems to drop by about half - 51% off shown for new DOs/75% off in cart) so that's something I guess. You may be able to meet requirements for around $15 or so depending on your punch card status.

The 20% off discount INCLUDES gift cards, should you be in need of a recharge.

3) Also note that you can get another 10% off IF you have over $100 of non-gift card items in your cart. This is a pretty high buy-in just to get 29% off of a gift card, but if there's enough stuff that interests you that you are going to buy today anyways, I guess...

Overall, yeah some interesting stuff going on in the sale today, so might be worth a looksee at least.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Also note that you can get another 10% off IF you have over $100 of non-gift card items in your cart. This is a pretty high buy-in just to get 29% off of a gift card, but if there's enough stuff that interests you that you are going to buy today anyways, I guess...
Cynic though I think I am, Daz Sales Speak gets me excited every time ... until I plug my spreadsheet in ...

Buy-in......... $90.00 (3 x debut releases + balance to make cart $100.00 less $10.00 off for $100.00 cart)
Gift Card.... $360.00 ($500.00 Gift Card @ 28% discount - 20% + 10%)
Cost Credit: $450.00

Bought Discount: 10.00% ($50.00)

:unsure: we've seen better Gift Card Discounts for smaller buy-ins ...

Excuses I make for taking the bait:
  • It will reduce the exchange rate on future purchases
  • I'll get an automatic 10% off future purchases
  • I really want the buy-in items
  • I've paid for the extra 10% with my Daz+ Subscription - wait doesn't that mean I'm paying for it twice?
  • I really, really want the buy-in items
  • I'll just skip dinner for the next 36 weeks
  • The buy-in items are Awesome, I really, really, really want them

• Haha

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Cynic though I think I am, Daz Sales Speak gets me excited every time ... until I plug my spreadsheet in ...

Buy-in......... $90.00 (3 x debut releases + balance to make cart $100.00 less $10.00 off for $100.00 cart)
Gift Card.... $360.00 ($500.00 Gift Card @ 28% discount - 20% + 10%)
Cost Credit: $450.00

Bought Discount: 10.00% ($50.00)
Also, remember that when you buy gift cards, you can't use store credit, so the cost is in cash, not store credit, so without your previous gift card discount. You may not have been using "credit" in that sense, but it's a subtlety that really complicates the math.

Usually the way this works out is something like this:

cart
$30.00 buy-in debut releases that you actually want
$60.00 buy-in of stuff you actually want that's on sale but not the best price
$360.00 gift card ($500 gift card @28%)
Total cost: $450.00 cash

vs.

cart 1
$15.00 buy the debut releases later when they're more discounted
$40.00 buy the other stuff when it's on sale more
Cost: $55.00 store credit
Cash cost assuming credit comes from a 20% gift card: $44.00 cash

cart 2
$400.00 gift card ($500 gift card @20%)
Cost: $400 cash

Total cost of both carts: $444.00 cash

And it just gets worse when you're buying stuff you don't actually want/need to improve the gift card price.

• Hey there

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Also, remember that when you buy gift cards, you can't use store credit, so the cost is in cash, not store credit, so without your previous gift card discount. You may not have been using "credit" in that sense, but it's a subtlety that really complicates the math.

Usually the way this works out is something like this:

cart
$30.00 buy-in debut releases that you actually want
$60.00 buy-in of stuff you actually want that's on sale but not the best price
$360.00 gift card ($500 gift card @28%)
Total cost: $450.00 cash

vs.

cart 1
$15.00 buy the debut releases later when they're more discounted
$40.00 buy the other stuff when it's on sale more
Cost: $55.00 store credit
Cash cost assuming credit comes from a 20% gift card: $44.00 cash

cart 2
$400.00 gift card ($500 gift card @20%)
Cost: $400 cash

Total cost of both carts: $444.00 cash

And it just gets worse when you're buying stuff you don't actually want/need to improve the gift card price.
almost, but not quite. Yes, gift card purchases are cash so the advantage of any store credit is not applicable.

Today's 20% off cart and gift cards comes with the buy-in of 3 debut New Releases, minimum is $39.87. So, cart 1 is not really relevant to today's promo

so Cart 2 should be

[edit]

$39.87 Buy-in - Cash because it is in the cart with the Gift Card
$400.00 Cash for $500.00 store credit

$439.87 Total Cost - which is the best you can do today which works out at roughly 12% discount on your new $500.00 store credit. - Jeez! I'm Daz Arithmetic now ... it's actually 12.026%

Just spotted my flaw ...

$39.87 - 3 Debut New Releases buy-in
$31.90 - Cash after 20% bought cart discount
$400.00 - Cash for $500.00 Store Credit with 20% bought cart discount

$431.90 - Cost of New $500.00 Store Credit, which is 13.6208% discount ...

[/edit]

Better than the fruitless chase for the extra 10% with the $100.00 buy-in, but still not the best Gift Card deal we've seen.

If you already have Store Credit (as discounted by 20% for your cart 1) then I would just consider just getting the 3 cheapest Debut releases by themselves for $31.90 using your store Credit (an effective cost of $25.52, which is $39.87 less 20% today's promo less 20% already off on store credit used) ... and wait for a better deal on Gift Cards.

In the end I did something similar to this, as I don't have any current Store Credit and neither buy-in for a Gift Card appealed to me ... but that is only because there were 3 Debut New Releases that begged me to buy them and I have never managed to resist a debutant ...

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
almost, but not quite. Yes, gift card purchases are cash so the advantage of any store credit is not applicable.

Today's 20% off cart and gift cards comes with the buy-in of 3 debut New Releases, minimum is $39.87. So, cart 1 is not really relevant to today's promo

so Cart 2 should be

$39.87 Buy-in - Cash because it is in the cart with the Gift Card
$400.00 Cash for $500.00 store credit

$439.87 Total Cost - which is the best you can do today which works out at roughly 12% discount on your new $500.00 store credit. - Jeez! I'm Daz Arithmetic now ... it's actually 12.026%

Better than the fruitless chase for the extra 10% with the $100.00 buy-in, but still not the best Gift Card deal we've seen.

If you already have Store Credit (as discounted by 20% for your cart 1) then I would just consider just getting the 3 cheapest Debut releases by themselves for $31.90 using your store Credit (an effective cost of $25.52, which is $39.87 less 20% today's promo less 20% already off on store credit used) ... and wait for a better deal on Gift Cards.

In the end I did something similar to this, as I don't have any current Store Credit and neither buy-in for a Gift Card appealed to me ... but that is only because there were 3 Debut New Releases that begged me to buy them and I have never managed to resist a debutant ...
Note that the 'still new' items also qualify as prereqs for the extra 20% off today, and as I noted, the item is discounted by about 50% more in the cart, hence my '$15-20 buy in comment' - assuming that you haven't bought the cheaper still new items yet and have three punches...

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Note that the 'still new' items also qualify as prereqs for the extra 20% off today, and as I noted, the item is discounted by about 50% more in the cart, hence my '$15-20 buy in comment' - assuming that you haven't bought the cheaper still new items yet and have three punches...
Yes, they didn't feature in my calculations as the only Still News I have left are ones that don't appeal to me. I'll try harder next time ... ;)

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I think you misunderstand my post, which is my fault because I didn't explain parts of it very clearly.

The point of my comparison is to consider the best-case scenario where you DO want the stuff you're using for the buy-in, but to compare the cost of buying the exact same stuff now (to get the 28% gift card) vs. later (when it's cheaper but doesn't help as a buy-in now). Scenario one in my post is buying 3 debut new releases (with a hand-wavey price because of what OhWee said; the exact prices don't matter since we're just fuzzily assuming it can be bought cheaper in the (far) future anyway, so this is just to get a sense of how the math works) to get the max discount of 28%. Scenario two (with carts 1 & 2) is buying the same stuff later, knowing that gift cards are often available for 20% off (nothing to do with the current 20% off). So cart 1 is the stuff you would have bought, and cart 2 is the gift card, and they're split into separate carts so store credit can be used for the 1st cart, and they're both being bought at some point in the future.

Again, that's the best-case scenario. If instead you're buying stuff you don't want as a buy-in, obviously the deal gets much worse, which is what I said at the very end of my post. The point of my post was that IN THE BEST CASE SCENARIO, with the hand-wavey prices, it's still not actually a good deal! The "28% off" gift card is, with these numbers, actually worse than just buying a "20% off" gift card in the future, IN THE BEST CASE SCENARIO where you wanted the stuff (and assuming the buy-ins are available more cheaply in the future).

This is the only way I know of to fairly compare "is it worth paying a buy-in now to get 28%-off a gift card vs waiting for the next gift card sale to buy a 20%-off gift card", and I should have been clearer that that's what I was comparing. Of course because the numbers are hand-wavey it's hard to say that's really exactly true, but it helps demonstrate how marginal any potential savings might be.

And of course if you're out of store credit you take whatever gift card deals you can get. There's not much to analyze in that case.

Now, in the current sale you do get 20% or 20+10% off on the other items, which I wasn't very explicit about. But the point is that those buy-in items are (usually) not very deeply discounted. Whatever the exact amount is you end up spending on them, as long as the assumption holds that you can get them cheaper in the future (when they have better discounts) PLUS you get the store-credit-from-gift-card discount, then the deal isn't great when the buy-in cost is high.

On the other hand, if a debut item at 30% off + 20% off + 10% off + 35% punch off actually makes it cheaper now then it will likely ever be in the future, then it works out differently. (That's around 68% off, so it's possible.)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity:
  • 70% off 120+ assets till Wednesday
  • several stores at 55-60% off till Wednesday
  • JaReHorse (male clothings by JaMaRe) store is closing. 60% off till Thursday
  • 300 Christmas assets at 50%/60%prime off till Friday
  • and some other offers to explore

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick note over at Daz3D.com.

50% off Daz+ Annual Memberships with coupon code:
6-DAYS-TILL-XMAS

No idea if that stacks with the punch discount, but if you are in need of a new/renewal of Daz+ membership, 50% off is a pretty good deal/doesn't pop up that often.

---

Also, for the few of you that actually use the 3D Daz models themselves in a game (as opposed to 2D renders of models rendered in Daz Studio), there's an interesting deal on interactive licenses, 80% off 10 or more interactive licenses (lesser discounts on lower numbers).

As a number of us have previously noted, most of us don't need interactive licenses for Ren'py games, etc. as creation of 2d renders and 2d videos to be used elsewhere is already allowed with most/practically all Daz Studio content, as explained here:

But if you do use the model meshes themselves in your game, as opposed to 2D Daz Studio renders (.png, .jpg, etc.) of said models...

Carry on!
:cool:

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote