The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I'm really considering grabbing this 50% annual membership discount.
If you buy the pro bundle too, it goes to 60% today (and you get an additional 20% off the pro bundle).

Also, for the few of you that actually use the 3D Daz models themselves in a game (as opposed to 2D renders of models rendered in Daz Studio), there's an interesting deal on interactive licenses, 80% off 10 or more interactive licenses (lesser discounts on lower numbers).
The expensive ones go down to 10$, which is ok but not super good. They had better deals with the tokens. However since this is a percentage discount, the cheap licenses go down to 2$, that is actually kind of good, normally the licenses are all treated the same, as in the sale is something like "get interactive licenses for 10$" and that of course does nothing for the 10$ ones. I think they changed their approach there since we've seen a couple of percentage based discounts for licenses now.

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
There is a BOGO sale for Rhiannon's stuff going on at renderosity:

Usually I don't like these, but that one is actually kind of good. The BOGO items are all newer items, and I was thinking about buying stuff from Rhiannon anyways because of the 25% off coupon. If you think about it the BOGO sale is kind of a discount of 75% for those items, if you actually want most of them.

You have to buy them one by one, if you buy a lot of them together you only get one BOGO item. So that prevents you from using the 25% off coupon.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note about today's Daz3D.com sale.

The first three daily holiday freebies are being offered again, so if you missed them the first time around, here's another chance to grab them. Valles Marinaris is new new btw...

The rest of the sale (advent calendar, etc.) looks like more of 'the usual' but of course watch the lightning deals for discount stacking.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
You have to buy [the BOGO offers] one by one, if you buy a lot of them together you only get one BOGO item. So that prevents you from using the 25% off coupon.
I never take BOGO seriously, I just ignore it. In fact I couldn't hit $50 buying just one, but it's Christmas and the BOGO stuff was 50% off and all accepted coupons so I put three BOGO things I wanted in my cart along with some other stuff... and when I checked out, I had 3 free items in my cart.

Don't know if that's a bug or what, don't know if you want to take a chance on it to be able to use the coupon, no promises, don't blame me if you get fucked, but it's what happened to me.
1703405900520.png

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Happy Holidays everyone!

Just a quick note. Over at Daz3D.com, there's a catchup sale on all of the freebies being offered this month, plus a new freebie (Quick Hide I think), in case you missed any of the daily holiday freebies this month.

Also, the buy-in looks too steep to me, but it still looks like if you buy the Snow Queen Pro bundle and Face Transfer 2, that can add an extra 20% off + an extra 20% off to the discounts (usual Daz math applies.

There's 10% off gift cards with a Debut New, AFAIK discount stacking doesn't apply to that so meh.

Same for the 'Buy Cloudy Brittany HDRI to get Home Buy the Sea HDRI, buy-in looks pretty steep on that one...

Advent calendar freebie OR $2.99 item still going, picked from your DO wishlist items of course.

So in short, the main thing is all December holiday freebies are back (plus the 'advent calendar' freebie for 25 Dec) so if you missed them earlier, now's your chance to grab them. All are on the same linked shop page to make it easier to see the ones that you missed.

Watch the Lightning Deals for discount stacking of course. As pointed out earier this month in this thread by someone, it looks like base prices on a number of items have been hiked this year, but every bit of discount stacking helps, as long as the buy-in isn't too steep...

Who knows what the next seven days will bring sales wise. Sometimes there are really good deals, other times not so much. Again, happy holidays!
:cool:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Advent calendar freebie OR $2.99 item still going, picked from your DO wishlist items of course.
If only. The first few days this was true, but lots after that have been Victoria-4-era and even recently got a Hiro 3 offers. Nothing in my wishlist is pre-G8 at this point, probably. I've literally checked every day, and 80% of days I decline both offers (no need to take free stuff that will only gunk up my library).

• Thinking Face
  • Sad
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
If only. The first few days this was true, but lots after that have been Victoria-4-era and even recently got a Hiro 3 offers. Nothing in my wishlist is pre-G8 at this point, probably. I've literally checked every day, and 80% of days I decline both offers (no need to take free stuff that will only gunk up my library).
That's weird.
All the offers were from my wishlist, except once yesterday, but it was a decent recent outfit. My WL was a bit lacking of recent DOs, but I refilled it yesterday in order to have 30-40 G8 DO items in it. And today both assets were from my wishlist.
I have a few old V4 DO items in it (cheap "may-be-useful" props that I used to complete an order in the token era), but none has appeared so far.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
That's weird.
:unsure: Same here, most of my advent offers have included at least one from my wishlisted DO, usually the free one. With a few exceptions they have been mostly G8 ...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
My WL was a bit lacking of recent DOs, but I refilled it yesterday in order to have 30-40 G8 DO items in it. And today both assets were from my wishlist.
most of my advent offers have included at least one from my wishlisted DO, usually the free one. With a few exceptions they have been mostly G8 ...
Aha. it's probably because of the 90 items in my wishlist, only two are Daz Originals. Nobody mentioned the DO-part in this thread until these posts (and OhWee's that I replied to, which I missed they said DO), and nothing on Daz's site says it's DO only. Of course it makes sense that that's the case, but I just didn't think of it before, and now it's too late, really. Oh well! Thanks for clarifying.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Sade has been removed from Daz:

She is going to move her stuff over to 3dshards now. And having a store over at 3dshards was apparently also the reason why she was removed from Daz.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

She is going to move her stuff over to 3dshards now. And having a store over at 3dshards was apparently also the reason why she was removed from Daz.
I recognize that kitten!

I'd call that a loss for Daz3D.com. I bought Moshi from Daz3D.com, but Moshi has recently been purged from the Daz3.com store, along with his human vendor presumably.

The prices at 3Dshards don't look too bad, not sure how their 'point system' works as I don't have an account there as I had not heard of this store before today.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019

Sade is not the only one. I also noticed Hypertaf. All their former daz products are now at 3DShards (or transformed to DO).
Also several others from daz/rendo/etc, but they only have a few assets. For instance SickleYield has a few too-kinky-for-the-daz-store assets that she sold previously at sharecg.

Actually, the site is not bad. It has very cheap products. The base price of most assets is below $10 (generally divided by 2 wrt to the base daz price), and many items are under $5.

And they have a good freebie section.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity, 70%off ~150 assets (Till Wednesday)
Can be combined with coupons. For instance COMMNEWSDEC2023P15B5 15%off, single use, must be used before 01/19

Also a couple of other less interesting offers

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Daz has a new-years wishlist sale that discounts wishlist items by 20%, or by 30% with a $5+ new release. I also have an orange banner with a deal on 5 of certain items, or 10 of those items with a $5+ new release.

So this is your reminder that to find those $5+ new releases, you can always go to the new releases shop page and sort by price low to high, to quickly find qualifying new releases. (And check for any freebies you missed while you're there.)

Normally that page doesn't actually seem to be linked anywhere on the site (unless I'm missing something), so bookmark it for future sales like this.

(There's another sale on wishlist items on the day's sale page that requires a very new release so $13+, I didn't try it so don't know how the wishlist sales stack.)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A quick thought.

There are a number of Daz3D.com sales running concurrently atm, has anyone spotted any interesting discount stacking opportunities?

• Hey there
Reactions: oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Sade is not the only one. I also noticed Hypertaf. All their former daz products are now at 3DShards (or transformed to DO).
Also several others from daz/rendo/etc, but they only have a few assets. For instance SickleYield has a few too-kinky-for-the-daz-store assets that she sold previously at sharecg.

Actually, the site is not bad. It has very cheap products. The base price of most assets is below $10 (generally divided by 2 wrt to the base daz price), and many items are under $5.

And they have a good freebie section.
So, I first noticed this when the DazDeals Notifications I had failed to up date. I tried looking for but was offline for a re-vamp ... both are now online.

There also seem to a few freebies lurking about the site, including some of Sade's own, kind of loss leaders; but then the prices seem to be much more favourable at the moment.

For example the MSRP for Daz's was $14.95 and Sade's MSRP is set at $8.99, currently discounted to $4.00

Sadly, not all the products I was watching have come across yet ...

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A quick thought.

There are a number of Daz3D.com sales running concurrently atm, has anyone spotted any interesting discount stacking opportunities?
The only stacking that I saw was with the wishlist sale. Many discounts are 50% and, if the items are wishlisted, you can add an extra 50% (75% final). Nothing to write home about, but not so bad.

While trying to exploit that, I noticed a couple of issues.
For instance, today's PA sale do not require any new release. It is 45% and it increases if you buy more PA assets.
There are two free assets in the PA set, so it seemed to be a good way to add extra discount.

I tried to add the first item, but is seems that there is no extra discount with a free item.:confused:
I already owned the second one, but I tried to add it to the cart and apparently it is no longer possible to rebuy an already owned item. o_O:(

This last point is very annoying. Rebuying cheap/free assets was a good (and sometimes the only) way to get extra discounts or to fulfill a minimal number constraint. I do not know when this behavior changed, but it is not a good thing.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Two banners at daz3D with coupons: NICE-LIST 30% off 3items or BUILD-YOUR-OWN 60%off 10 items (65% with a new release) on 20+k assets .
(unfortunately some other deals also require a coupon which prevents stacking)

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote