The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yep, the daz+ sale is definitely not as good as the "artists" one, with the 30% and 20% extra discount.

(reduced for de-emphasis)
We can do a comparison (excluding tokens). We must do a specific comparison for DO items that are have an extra 50% off instead of 30%:

Recent items: (Latest Released Items)
Artist: 50%+30%+20%=72% (80% for DO with 30% off)
Daz+: 50%+25%+10%=63% (81% for DO with 50% off)

Older items: (Vintage Daz Items)
Artist: 65%+30%+20%=80% (86% for DO)
daz+: 60%+25%+10%=70% (85% for DO)

Oldest items: (Classic Items)
Artist: 80%+30%+20%=89% (92% for DO)
Daz+: 75%+25%+10%=83% (92% for DO)

So, the discount is more or less identical for DO items, but is clearly worse for non-DO assets.

And there are some more subtle differences:
1/ as noted by OhWee the buy-in that is the "door buster" item that more or less requires to purchase a new release. There is a cheap buy-in around $4 (daz+ new release $5+25%+10%=$3.4 + $.5 for the "door buster"=$3.9) which is a bit more than for the "artists sale" and we can expect something similar everyday. But it must be purchased everyday, while the artist sale only required such a purchase every 3 days.
2/ the discounted items in the "Latest Released Items", "Vintage Daz Items" and "Classic Items" are limited to 5. This is clearly an anti "token abuse" method. With tokens, you have interest in purchasing large amounts from time to time. And during the artist sale I did purchase ~15-20 items twice a week at an extra 40% off. This is no longer possible with this 5 items limitation.

Remains the daz+ for a day. The discount is decent and at $2.49 is in the range 83-90%. But again, the amount of concerned items is low (50) and it does not allow an efficient stacking with tokens.

So, the sale is somehow disappointing, but I purchased too much during the artists sale, so it is not such a terrible thing.
You and me both!

I figure I spent more on Daz stuff last month than the rest of the previous two years combined! I'll probably burn my tokens right off if I can find $40 of stuff that interests me at the right price, and if I end up sitting out most of the rest of the sale, it won't hurt my feelings at all!

I miss the 'BYOB 8' and 'Featured Bundles' from previous years though. BYOB 8 could be interesting depending on the mix of items included, but to be totally honest, I probably grabbed most of the potential BYOB items I might have wanted already in the September sale...

I guess we'll see, but reading the comments over at the Daz3D.com forum, yeah it sounds like a number of people in the Daz3D.com forum ended up blowing their 'yearly' Daz allowances last month due to the pretty awesome deals! People looking for deals on G9 seem to feel left out, but for those of us that are perfectly content with G8 and G3 (and older) era items, this was long overdue!

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There is a glitch in today "daz+ for a day". The assets are supposed to be at $3.99/$2.49 with a buy-in, but half are presently at $1.99/$1.25 with a buy-in.
It will probably be fixed as soon as the staff is at daz office, but if you are fast enough...

Edit: It happens that the assets at $1.99 are DOs. So maybe it is the normal 50% off for DOs that is applied... But I doubt it.
Edit2: It is 3pm daz time and the prices are unchanged; DOs are still at $1.99/$1.25. Maybe it was not a glitch. In which case, it can be quite interesting to look for DOs in "daz+ for a day".

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick heads up:

So over at Daz3D.com, if you include two debut new items (one is fairly cheap), you can get 20% off your entire order. I just tried putting a gift card into my order, and it was 20% off, so if you need a Store Credit recharge...

Yeah the buy-in is significant, but you can increase the discount on the debut new items by 20-25% if you own or buy today's door buster, ...

The rest of the sale looks pretty much the same as it's been all week, some items shifted around but otherwise same routine.
:coffee:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A couple of notes over at Daz3D.com...

New weekly freebies. A few of these are for Genesis 9.

There's an 'extra discount on wishlisted items' discount incorporated into today's sale.

Finally, the 'Lightning Deals' seem to have a bit of discount stacking going on atm, I've noticed discounts are over 90% on some of the items. I haven't been watching this too closely over the last week, every time I checked it was 'just' the 80% off, so not sure if there were opportunities before, but so far yeah it's a thing today.

Carry on!
:coffee:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D, the wishlist sale continues with 20% off wishlisted items.
Also, a free daz+ asset

At rendo, 60% off ~80 assets for everybody

and you can use a coupon for most of them. For instance COMMNEWSOCT2023P15B5 that gives 15% off to everybody till October 31.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity, OneSix retiring products at 60% off till next Monday Oct. 16

OneSix creates nice risqué outfits, sometimes with reveal/undress morphs, but only 24 items are concerned.
The discount can stack with coupons.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note that there's a Victoria's Birthday sale going on right now. I guess it's Victoria 9's birthday, the original Victoria (aka Millenium Woman which a lot of people shorthanded to Millie, which annoyed the Zygote folks so they renamed her Victoria) was supposedly released in February of 1999...

That's another story though. The older Victoria stuff has higher discounts, so there's a bunch of items as low as 25 cents. If you are one of those people that likes to mess with autofit and/or older figures occasionally, there are a number of older outfits in the mix, such as the 'night slayers' collection.

There's also some fairly reasonable deals on the various Victoria bundles, if you are one of those people that is new to Daz and may not have those yet.

vic9sale.jpg

Might be worth a looksee if you are bored...

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz, there is also an orange banner with the 50% coupon FROM-VICTORIA
It is especially interesting, because some assets in the list are already at 80% off (they are part of the 60% discount + 50%off DOs). If you add the coupon and if you have the "door buster", that's an extra 50%+25% off, for a final reduction of 92%off. And you can add tokens. Not bad for G9 bundles...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I'm guessing that you have to already own Victoria 9 in order to be coupon eligible. No joy for me... I tried the code even though I didn't receive the orange banner, no dice.
Yes, the banner starts with "As an owner of Victoria 9, she wants to celebrate her birthday with you." (I've been avoiding Genesis 9 except for clothes, but I guess at some point I bought her as a requirement in some deal.)

Reactions: ghostship and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yes, the banner starts with "As an owner of Victoria 9, she wants to celebrate her birthday with you." (I've been avoiding Genesis 9 except for clothes, but I guess at some point I bought her as a requirement in some deal.)
Gotta luv our collections of virtual harem babes!

Reactions: ghostship

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Soooooo... today's Daz3D.com sale...

The 'Flamin' deals seem to be immune to tokens (deal does not stack with any other offers), so the lowest price in the cart is $3.99. You also need a new release in your cart (not a problem if you are doing the door buster thing already) but at $3.99, that's usually a hard pass for me. But if there's something in there that you want I suppose (note that there is a FLAMING-HOT coupon code)...

As for the Divine Deals, might be worth a look. Most of the Pegasus for Daz Horse 3 bundle is available separately at 75% off (bundle is only 50% off) except for the tack (50% off), along with some other interesting stuff at 75% off. 3+ 'Divine' items in the cart increases the discount by an extra 30% (Daz math, 50% off * .7 = 65% off)) to the discounts, and you get another 30% off with a new release in your cart - I'm seeing 93% off in my cart (with 8 tokens) for the 75% off items.

The rest of the sale looks like 'more of the same' and it's double tokens Monday so if your token count is ready to go...

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo, there is a sale with items at $5.99 (only today)
I generally do not look at these kind of sale, as most discounts are generally bad, frequently below 50%. This is also true today, with one exception that may interest you
Prohibition Bundle for DS by pamawo
A big bundle with ~10 assets: industrial buildings, counterfeit alcohol, several guns, outfit for G8F with textures, old cars, trucks, gunshot decals, etc
Initially at $159... $5.99 can be called a bargain IMHO.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK...

So the October Daz+ sale has been completely 'retooled', so it's a completely different sale now.

The annual Daz+ membership is 30% off. It seems like it's been a bit since memberships were on sale, and 30% off is normally considered 'meh' but if you need to renew...

The rest of today's sale isn't wowing me yet. The most notable difference is the 'door buster' is now $1 for Daz+ members with no 'new release' prereq to purchase.

Daz+ for a day is $3.99, or $2.49 with a Debut/Still new release.

There is a coupon that allows you to buy one 'Vampire themed' item for $1 with any new release. Coupon code:
RE-VAMP-SALE
Eligible items:

This all seems more 'meh' to me... perhaps someone from on high decided to nerf the sale going forward. I hope that this isn't a return to the 'new normal' from earlier this year that just wasn't wowing me.

I may be missing something here though, what do y'all think?

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
OK...

So the October Daz+ sale has been completely 'retooled', so it's a completely different sale now.

The annual Daz+ membership is 30% off. It seems like it's been a bit since memberships were on sale, and 30% off is normally considered 'meh' but if you need to renew...

The rest of today's sale isn't wowing me yet. The most notable difference is the 'door buster' is now $1 for Daz+ members with no 'new release' prereq to purchase.

Daz+ for a day is $3.99, or $2.49 with a Debut/Still new release.

There is a coupon that allows you to buy one 'Vampire themed' item for $1 with any new release. Coupon code:
RE-VAMP-SALE
Eligible items:

This all seems more 'meh' to me... perhaps someone from on high decided to nerf the sale going forward. I hope that this isn't a return to the 'new normal' from earlier this year that just wasn't wowing me.

I may be missing something here though, what do y'all think?
Yep :(
Daz+ for a day DOs no longer have an extra 50% off and the "discount does not stack with other offers" meaning the tokens are useless on them...
And the older items discount has been seriously reduced. Very old items are at 60% off instead of 75% and newer at 45% off instead of 60%

Let's think positive: This is a great opportunity to save time and money!!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yep :(
Daz+ for a day DOs no longer have an extra 50% off and the "discount does not stack with other offers" meaning the tokens are useless on them...
And the older items discount has been seriously reduced. Very old items are at 60% off instead of 75% and newer at 45% off instead of 60%

Let's think positive: This is a great opportunity to save time and money!!
I did notice this...
Buy any Debut or Release to get:
10% OFF* a
an EXTRA 30% OFF* New Releases and their Licenses
PLUS an EXTRA 50% OFF¥* any Non-new Release and their Licenses

That extra 50% off does seem to apply to the 60% off and other categories (so 60% off becomes 80% off), not enough to excite me personally but still something to keep in mind...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I did notice this...
Buy any Debut or Release to get:
10% OFF* a
an EXTRA 30% OFF* New Releases and their Licenses
PLUS an EXTRA 50% OFF¥* any Non-new Release and their Licenses

That extra 50% off does seem to apply to the 60% off and other categories (so 60% off becomes 80% off), not enough to excite me personally but still something to keep in mind...
I took some time to compare the old and new offers.

For daz+ for a day, this is clearly a serious degradation. With a handful of tokens, you could get them for for ~$2 (~$1 for DOs) while the price is now a fixed $2.5

For the other assets, with a buy-in there was an additional discount of 25% while now it is 50%. This partly compensates the reduction of the initial discount.

Recent items:
Before: 50%, with buy-in 25%off -> 62.5%off (81.2% for DOs)
Now: 30%, with buy-in 50%off -> 65% (82.5 % for DOs)

Not-so-old items:
Before: 60%, with buy-in 25%off -> 70%off (85% for DOs)
Now: 45%, with buy-in 50% -> 72.5% (86.25 % for DOs)

Old items:
Before: 75%, with buy-in 25%off -> 81.2%off (90.6% for DOs)
Now: 60%, with buy-in 50% -> 80% (90% for DOs)

So more or less the discounts are similar (slightly better for the newer categories, slightly worse for the old items). Of course, except for d+fad and it was the main part of my purchases :(

There is still an interesting opportunity for the "lightning deals". With a buy-in, they can all be at 60%+50%+50%=90%. And if they are part of a sale, you can even get an extra discount.

(BTW ,why are daz sales so convoluted that you need a pocket calculator to understand them...)

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so check your Daz3D.com messages. I'm seeing a gift card discount stacking opportunity for 19% off gift cards, IF you received the extra 10% off until Sunday orange banner. IF you buy a Debut/Still New Release that is...

The Dain 9 addons seem to qualify as 'Debut/Still new', btw... some of those are below $6 say if you were saving the City Watchtowers for a separate cart...

Said extra 10% discount does not stack with Doorbuster/Daz+ for a day. Weird cheapskates!

Also, new weekly freebies! (just a friendly reminder in case you might have missed the freebies refresh).

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote