The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz3D, the offer is basically the same as yesterday: 50%off 2021 items, 55%off 2020 items, 60%off 2019 and older.
But, there are two differences that make the deal a bit more appealing:
1/ you can get 15% off the cart if the purchase is over $35 with coupon EXTRA15 (usable several times)
2/ the older items already at 60%off get an extra 15% off with any new release (only concerns DO items)

All combined, you can get 72%off these older DO items and if you are PC+ the usual 30% discount also applies.
Occasionally it it possible to find better offers on some items, but on a set of 15k not-so-old assets, it is not so bad.
EDIT: For non DO items, the extra discount is only 15%off, but added to 60%, the total discount is 66%off and is frequently one of the bests in the recent period.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
The 15% off coupon can be used on gift cards, and for some reason, there was some kind of stacking discount when I added a gift card to my cart, so I could just buy a gift card for 28% off.

EDIT: I think its just the 15% for gift cards from yesterday still being active. If you just add one without coupon its 15% off still even though that deal has ended. Add the EXTRA15 coupon and it becomes 28% off.

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
well the banner does not exclude Gift Cards

View attachment 1600225

and yes, it works out to 28% off with the EXTRA15 coupon ... I just tried it
I understand that banner to mean you get extra 15% off when buying something above 35$ with the EXTRA15 coupon, and I also assumed this applies to gift cards so its essentially the same as yesterday. But I think they left the discount from yesterday active by mistake, so you can get 15% off twice off a gift card.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks guys! I doubt that we'll see better than 28% off for gift cards anytime soon (anything is possible) so I jumped on this, with a decent amount to increase my 'comfort zone' as far as banked store credit is concerned.

Now if Memberships would just go on sale again soon. 50% off would be nice, not holding my breath though!

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Amazing. After all that Daz has done this past year to limit and restrict the stacking of offers, it's great to see that the human error factor is still going strong there! Was going to let my store credit wittle down to nothing, but one more GC couldn't hurt...

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Or the financial department called the ad guys

"What the hell did you do the last 10 weeks?!"

just saying :)

• Star-struck
Reactions: seamanq

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
... or they call on Monday and say: "What DFAQ you guys do?"

Of all the people I know shopping at Daz have spend 10-40% in December, compared to last year.
For me it was ... 3.7% :)

But who knows, NFT bullshit and giving away assets for joining the NFT crap discord (for sure I did, but they didn't make a penny with that) made then millionaires.

Nothing is impossible in the creative "we are the one and only" bubble.

• Haha
Reactions: oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Nothing really impressive at daz3D to say the least. Having to buy an 'eastern' new release to get 50%off a set of select old DO items is even close to pathetic.

At rendo, some interesting sales

70% off a set of items (until Tuesday)

60% off a set of items (only today)

And do not forget to check for their daily 60%off 6-hours sales (changes everyday)

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
:unsure: probably going to see depressed discounts until they recoup from yesterday's GC stacked discounts ...
more like some depressed guys at the financial department.

Seriously?
I never spend less at Daz like in the last 10 weeks.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It looks like a number of us have been equally underwhelmed by the various sales and flash sales over at Daz3D.com in the last couple of days.

Hopefully the 'new normal' doesn't last, but I guess we'll see. As noted by others, people have been paying a LOT more for models for other programs on other sites, so maybe the 'cross software strategy to lure customers away from other stores' is working for Daz, as the 'big spenders' displace the 'regular customers', as amster22 pointed out recently.

I'm not too concerned about the Daz Studio software going away, but of course there's always the chance it goes the route of Hexagon and Bryce. Maybe not completely abandoned, but definitely less effort to keep the software 'current' with what the other modeling programs have to offer.

I was actually shocked to see someone releasing new freebies for Bryce over at Renderosity recently. Too bad that the software is pretty much abandoned at this point, but some diehards are still hanging on...

I tried messing with Bryce for a bit, but I'm just too set in my ways I guess, same with Poser. I have the software, but prefer Daz Studio. Some people prefer Blender, or other programs, so that's the way of things. Between Daz Studio and Hexagon, I'm managing pretty well already.

In any case, yeah seeing the Daz sales team offering $8 on a bunch of products like it's a really good deal is a bit jarring, after becoming accustomed to much better deals on said products in the past. There was a 70% off sale yesterday, but nothing on my wishlist was cheap enough with the discount to convince me to pull the trigger. I'm holding out for the June 'Platinum half year' sale at this point, but maybe something will come up before then.

I have no hope for March Why Even Bother-Ness at this point but maybe they will surprise me. Not getting my hopes up though...

Or maybe some cross sale stacking discount will pop up out of the blue again, as happened with Gift Cards last weekend...

Anyways, back on topic:

Renderosity stopped doing the 6 hour sale thing, so things are quieter over there as well.

At Renderotica, more of the same. Layla's store is 50% off again if you like Layla's pose packs and such, other stores at varying discount levels as well:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
there is always a point at which sales fatigue sets in for both seller and buyer. after all if, as OhWee points out, you become accustomed to sales prices, you no longer percieve them as "sales" and the vendor then has trouble restoring their preferred margins. I suspect there will be a lull, folk will get used to msrp type numbers, expensive new stuff will be put on wishlists and then a feeding frenzy fueled by convoluted deals, buy-ins and accumulators will be kicked off. From the vendor's perspective wishlist are good barometer for assesing sale storms

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
SVEVA interview over at Renderosity:

Also, I did spot the return of the six hour sales in the Renderosity news feed last night. Not going on atm though so apparently no 'wee hours' (pun not intended) 6 hour sale.

Over at Daz3D, new batch of vault items. Kind of annoying that the $6 of DO coupon doesn't work on vault items...

Reactions: amster22
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote