The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Over at Daz3D.com today, you can get $10, $20, or $30 off select Daz Originals if you buy 1-3 New Releases over $1. New Daz+ items will meet the prereq for this.

There's a few sales going on at Renderosity, with 50-70% off discounts depending on the sale:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Over at Daz3D.com today, you can get $10, $20, or $30 off select Daz Originals if you buy 1-3 New Releases over $1. New Daz+ items will meet the prereq for this.

There's a few sales going on at Renderosity, with 50-70% off discounts depending on the sale:
not the most exciting of selections though ... I did like the "buy the bundle only pay for what you don't have" ... allowed me to clam the bundle metadata, mostly for free, for products I gradually acquired through past sales ...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
If you like the Daz+ items you get every week the 30$ off deal isn't too bad actually. Makes it so you can get something extra for almost free when you want to buy the Daz+ items anyways. And I assume you could do it again tomorrow when you get a new set of Daz+ items.

The selection of what you can get isn't great though, but for example I picked a texture set for some outfit I already had for just 0.47$, which is kind of neat.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
is it me or is the only thing in the DAZ Frebies "Henrietta Heart Hen"? (which I already have ...)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
oaiki

I did a quick % off check, none of the items in the $10-$30 off sale are in the other flash sale. So no discount stacking this time, at least as far as I can tell...

But, the 30% off DO discount is in play in the flash sale, so 60% off is showing as 72% off on the sale page.

Still, it's DO's, so people that have been shopping for a while may find less stuff that interests them in the sale.

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1643967430422.png

Today's sale: Buy 6 (1 per week) for an unspecified "Limited" Freebie and "Exclusive" Add-on ... :unsure:

I reckon that'll be a likely minimum of $63.00 buy-in ... I guess it depends on how much wieght you put on "Limited" and "Exclusive" ...

Also 10% off Gift Cards, 15% with new release, the first "Quest" item qualifies ...

• Angry
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
At least they got the title right.

Now the must realize that the real quest is "How the fuck do I offer something the user is interested in".

• Thinking Face
Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Rhiannon scored Vendor of the Month over at Renderosity again.

They hope to post an interview with her later this month, but in the meantime, here's the interview she did back in October of 2020, when she was also Vendor of the Month:

This lack of really fun Daz3D.com sales is a bit disconcerting, in that it's really cut down on my 'whim' renders, you know, when I see some shiny for Daz and feel the need to do a render with it after I buy/acquire it. I draw inspirations from other places too of course, but yeah I haven't been doing many whim renders lately...

Between not being excited about sales and GPU prices still being out of control, oh and the fact that Newegg is now on my 'don't buy from there anymore' list (see )...

There was a time when Newegg used to be really cool, they were fighting against 'frivolous' software patents, had really good customer service... those days are apparently now long behind us now. Sure, the incident as reported in the GN video I linked above may be some Newegg employee or affiliate running a scam under the radar or something, but a number of other people have been reporting these issues as well in recent years. This happens on Amazon too occasionally of course.

And since I don't have a 'cutting edge' store like Micro Center near me, I can't just go to the store and buy the GPU I want (a dual fan RTX 3060 12GB, around 200mm in length to meet my case clearance requirements, from either Asus or EVGA probably).

I'm hoping that Intel launching their new GPUs in the coming months disrupts the GPU market a lot, by flooding the market with a bunch of new GPUs which reduces demand for Nvidia GPUs, and perhaps drops prices to more reasonable levels and increases availability, but who knows...

Anyways, back to semi-off topic, yeah Rhiannon's stuff still makes me happy, so I'm happy to see her score VoM again. Onyx (one of Rhiannon's characters) has another cameo coming in Part 4 of Enthralled, and there will probably be a couple of Rhiannon outfit pieces in there somewhere too. I just need to get back into the groove...

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A ""new"" set of "bi-weekly" freebies at daz3D.
Actually, most (all?) of them are identical to was was proposed 3 weeks ago and they are not really ""new"". But if you need to catch-up...

More interesting, a new set of vault items at $1 and $2.

• Angry
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A ""new"" set of "bi-weekly" freebies at daz3D.
Actually, most (all?) of them are identical to was was proposed 3 weeks ago and they are not really ""new"". But if you need to catch-up...

More interesting, a new set of vault items at $1 and $2.
If I were a new customer, I'd be raising hell in the Daz3D.com forum about this. While there is no guarantee as to which freebies they may offer (note the years and years when the bus stop was a recurring freebie), rotating in freebies from three weeks ago is just annoying.

Being the jaded customer that I 've become though, I'm just waiting on one thing at this point, but I don't want to jinx it in case someone on the Daz sales team might be monitoring this thread. Probably not, but you never know.

Of course, the Daz3D.com sales team supposedly doesn't pay much attention to the forums, so Discord might be a better place to bring this up these days...

Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note, which relates to a recent conversation in this thread.

In this thread about the latest beta release for DS4, DAZ_Rawb clarifies later in the thread that DS5 is still a bit down the road. He also mentions that they are hiring, specifically for a new Daz Studio Developer and Web Developer.

If they are looking for a new DS Developer, this means that they are still wanting to move the program forward.

As for the Web Developer thing, I'm hoping that the new guy (if one is hired) takes a good look at the Daz Deals plugin and implements a few of the enhancements, while not blocking the pricing history, as that pricing history is rather helpful. Also, that the new guy gets rid of all of that wasted white space on the current store pages...

Nothing is guaranteed of course, but hopefully they find some good new talent for these things. I just read another thread where someone was bitching about their Postgre Database thingie crumbling again, and having to re-install for the fifth time. For those that wonder why I'm content with sticking with older versions of DS (4.12.086 on this machine), this is why...

It'd be nice if some fresh eyes could figure out and fix some of the weak points in the program. I could care less about new features, well except for maybe integrating Hexagon functionality directly into the DS program. The way the two programs rotate the scene is different, which keeps throwing me off when I'm switching back and forth, but I'd rather see a lot of the occasional bugs fixed. I also do the 'apparently bad' thing of opening up multiple instances of Daz Studio, which is 'native' in DS 4.12 and earlier versions. Supposedly this functionality was sort of re-implemented in the latest versions, but I'm stubborn that way...

A couple of people have brought up the recycled freebies in the limited time freebies thread at least.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
rotating in freebies from three weeks ago is just annoying.

don't forget the great v1/2 freebies!
not to mention the fabulous plants you get every month.

I mean .... if I would like to do an "this is our nature render" i would really need them.
reshaded for sure, but that's nitpicking,

Great job DAZ!

• Haha

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
Is anybody else experiencing issues with the Daz website today? I got charged four times trying unsuccessfully to buy items that are still in my cart, and I get a 502 error every time I try to connect to the forums.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Is anybody else experiencing issues with the Daz website today? I got charged four times trying unsuccessfully to buy items that are still in my cart, and I get a 502 error every time I try to connect to the forums.
The forums seem to be down for at least 12 hours... I haven't purchased anything, but I just tried successfully to rebuy a freebie and it worked.
The forums also had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago, but the site was still working. They probably have a different provider for the merchant and community part.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Daz+ memberships are on sale today for 30% off. Not the best deal when compared to previous offers, but with where things are right now sales wise, I'm not sure if we will see a better offer in the near future. MM? I guess we'll see...

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
There's an interesting deal going on on DAZ

1644176804804.png

This ends up becoming 79% discount for DAZ+ members.

But it still doesn't look super worth it. Here's a screenshot of my cart:

1644176859451.png

You can see that those items are still not at their best price, even with 79% off.

I'm wondering if it's worth doing a big purchase today or not.... mmmm...

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote