The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Flash sale at daz3D 60% off a set of 10k DO items, 70% off with a new release.
Looks like all items I have not got already are at 72% off without needing a New Release ...

[EDIT] ... just re-checked the item list I see has 10056 items all of which are at 72% apart from the ones that are free ... [/EDIT]

[EDIT2] looks like if you put a new release in the cart the discount goes up to 79% [/EDIT2]

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D 60%/65%/70% off for 1/2-3/4+ items out of a set of 6k DO items.
(no buy in)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
021622flash2.jpg

If 80% off (total, discount in cart is 80% off) is worth it to you, there's a few bundles included in the list of items associated with this offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and seamanq

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so today's Daz3D.com sale could be interesting...

The first part of the sale seems 'par for the course' for me. HOWEVER, if you scroll down the page...

Get any 1 Select Genesis 2 or 3 Item for $10 OFF* when you buy any 2
Get any 2 for $15 OFF each* when you buy any 3
Get any 5 for $20 OFF each* when you buy any 4+

Since it's ANY new releases, that'd include Daz+ items. Sooo, if you pick up 4 new releases, you could end up with 5 'free' items if each is below $20. Sure, they are Genesis 2/3 DO's, but if there's stuff there you want...

It's a thought anyways!

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
OK, so today's Daz3D.com sale could be interesting...

The first part of the sale seems 'par for the course' for me. HOWEVER, if you scroll down the page...

Get any 1 Select Genesis 2 or 3 Item for $10 OFF* when you buy any 2
Get any 2 for $15 OFF each* when you buy any 3
Get any 5 for $20 OFF each* when you buy any 4+

Since it's ANY new releases, that'd include Daz+ items. Sooo, if you pick up 4 new releases, you could end up with 5 'free' items if each is below $20. Sure, they are Genesis 2/3 DO's, but if there's stuff there you want...

It's a thought anyways!

Sadly, it's still a pretty bad deal in my opinion.

Here are the cheapest New Releases

1645115430022.png

They immediately start getting into the 4-5 dollars, for things that are ridiculous like:

1645115474814.png

5 bucks for a chain?! That's insane to me.

But ok, lets say that we found 4 somewhat useful and cheap new releases , we ended up spending 16-20 dollars getting them, and now we have $20 credit at the purchase of 5 Genesis 2/3 assets.

But looking at the Genesis 2/3 assets, their deals are so bad that most useful ones are going beyond the $20 credit by too much.

1645115631168.png

Requiring us to add an extra 5-10 bucks per useful Genesis 2/3 item.

This deal is sadly another hard pass from me. I might be missing something though, let me know if you think this is a somewhat good deal.

For about a month now I feel like the daz store are being pretty disheartening.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Sadly, it's still a pretty bad deal in my opinion.

Here are the cheapest New Releases

View attachment 1659071

They immediately start getting into the 4-5 dollars, for things that are ridiculous like:

View attachment 1659072

Really? 5 bucks for a chain?! That's insane to me.

But ok, lets say that we found 4 somewhat useful new releases , we ended up spending 16-20 dollars getting them, and now we have $20 credit at the purchase of 5 Genesis 2/3 assets.

But looking at the Genesis 2/3 assets, their deals are so bad that most useful ones are going beyond the $20 credit by too much.

View attachment 1659075

Requiring us to add an extra 5-10 bucks per useful Genesis 2/3 item.

This deal is sadly another hard pass from me.
I looked at it the other way round; that is, how close could I get to a $100 free on the offered items and use that to compensate for wishlisted new releases ... but that presumes there are 5 items in the $20 off list you want too ... :unsure: but my arithmetic isn't the best so I probably got a shit deal ...

Reactions: OhWee and Sakrilas

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
I looked at it the other way round; that is, how close could I get to a $100 free on the offered items and use that to compensate for wishlisted new releases ... but that presumes there are 5 items in the $20 off list you want too ... :unsure: but my arithmetic isn't the best so I probably got a shit deal ...

The thing though is that I have the impression we wouldn't be saving money in this because those items are usually cheaper than what they are now.

For example:

Aiko 7, usually bounces around 12.5 dollars in cost, reaching even lower at some points (Last year it was being sold for 8 dollars).

But today it's costing 31.5 dollars, which brings it to 11.5 dollars with the $20 credit, meaning we're saving effectively just 1 dollar. However, to get this 1 dollar saving, we had to spend several dollars buying New Releases we might not necessarily need.

1645117350509.png

I guess, at the end of the day, it really depends on how much we want those new releases. If there are 4 new releases we want ASAP, then this can be a good deal, otherwise, I would suggest passing on that.

PS: With all that said though, there's also a series of items that are costing less than 20 dollars, so those would truly be for free. So if we have interest in some Genesis 2/3 items that are costing less than 20 dollars, this could also be a good deal.

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The thing though is that I have the impression we wouldn't be saving money in this because those items are usually cheaper than what they are now.

For example:

Aiko 7, usually bounces around 12.5 dollars in cost, reaching even lower at some points (Last year it was being sold for 8 dollars).

But today it's costing 31.5 dollars, which brings it to 11.5 dollars with the $20 credit, meaning we're saving effectively just 1 dollar. However, to get this 1 dollar saving, we had to spend several dollars buying New Releases we might not necessarily need.

View attachment 1659123

I guess, at the end of the day, it really depends on how much we want those new releases. If there are 4 new releases we want ASAP, then this can be a good deal, otherwise, I would suggest passing on that.

PS: With all that said though, there's also a series of items that are costing less than 20 dollars, so those would truly be for free. So if we have interest in some Genesis 2/3 items that are costing less than 20 dollars, this could also be a good deal.
They are only free if you actually wanted the new releases you purchased. If you were "forced" to purchase the new releases, then the new release cost is the "purchase price" of the so-called free items which really end up not being free. This is especially the case when you have to buy FOUR new releases. Imma hard pass on this one.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
They are only free if you actually wanted the new releases you purchased. If you were "forced" to purchase the new releases, then the new release cost is the "purchase price" of the so-called free items which really end up not being free. This is especially the case when you have to buy FOUR new releases. Imma hard pass on this one.
agreed, I picked NR from the cheapest in my wishlist, I was going to go for the cheapest NR but then the same thought occured to me, by my calculation I came within $0.43 of covering the cost of the NR and the G2/G3 stuff were things I would have liked to have were they not and dispropotionatly expensive ...

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

For example:

View attachment 1659123

Oh Jeez! now I'm going to have to factor historical lows & trends into my calculations ... I best get more squared paper and extra pencils ...

;)

• Haha

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
As I said, the above mentioned offer is mainly useful only if you have use for the G2/3 items included in the 'discounted' selection.

It's mostly characters though, and as others have noted, it seems like prices have increased. Hmmm, I wonder if I can figure this out...

So I pulled an invoice from a few years back. Good ol' Michael 7 and Victoria 7 MSRPed at $44.95. Still $44.95 MSRP today. BTW, you should NEVER pay this much for either of these two, even in a Pro Bundle IMHO. My invoice shows that I acquired both of them for free though, so that's certainly a consideration.

So in these instances at least, MSRP hasn't increased. What HAS changed though is that discount offers are not as good as they used to be (can't beat free in this case).

So, coming back to today's offer. You should all know that my rule of thumb these days is that I like to shoot for around $2/item or less average if I can swing it. My cart is sitting at around $15 right now (with 4 new releases, those geometric tile shaders look nice, and the 'haunted' add on for the Westbrook park that I already own the prereqs for, the Silk Shaders I have some, but new patterns can be useful, and the Stonebrook houses, I do Medieval stuff sometimes sooo...). The question then becomes, are there five items in the selection that I have wishlisted/may want?

Unchecking the 'already owned' box, I'm seeing a bunch of i13 Environments, a couple of Zombies, a houseboat, and some other cool stuff around the $17.50 mark. But here's MY problem. I already have these. Which comes back to what I said before, if there is stuff you can use (that you don't already own), then this offer is intriguing.

If you already own the 'useful parts' of this selection, then it can be harder to pick out five items. I'm actually at the point that I'm looking art the items below $15, as I grabbed almost every i13 item back when they were on sale when they moved to DOs (there was a killer deal on them back then).

So, as I said, and nobody is holding a gun to your head, if the new PC+ prereq items aren't something you can use, then as others have pointed out, you might as well hold out until the 'offer' items hit the $1.99/$2.99 PC+ for a day thing again (if that offer shows up again this year). but if the new items intrigue you, then we are talking 'freebies' for the other items, and an average price of $2/item or less if you stay below the $20-$21 mark for the offered items.

In my case, I just have to figure out which 5 offered DOs I can find use for. I found 2... my library is pretty extensive at this point. But if you haven't picked up a bunch of the i13 environments yet, those can be useful for 'one off' scenes or even as settings for certain characters in your story. They aren't 'top shelf' but there's a reason you see a bunch of those in a lot of VNs/games around here.

YMMV, as the comments above indicate. Still, it's not a bad offer, depending on what you don't own yet... but if there isn't anything there you want, then...

And yeah, if the 'offered' DO item you are looking at is above say $22, it'd be a 'hard pass' for me too. You'd be better off waiting for a killer Pro Bundle discount offer if the characters in question are part of a bundle.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
New set of vault items at $1 and $2 at daz3D. Haven't found anything appealing, but you may be luckier than me.

And a new version of daz studio DS 4.20 (I think I missed 4.17, 4.18 and 4.19). I do not feel adventurous ATM and I will probably stay on 4.15, but it introduces iray volumetric effects.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There's a 50% off-65% off Flash sale over at Daz3D.com (depending on if you buy 1-4 or more items), but it's almost over so I won't bother posting the deets.

With this many sales running concurrently (3 + flash), we have seen a bit of discount stacking in the past, but I'm not seeing any atm. If anyone else spots something... Just checked the '$20 off of up to 5 items with 4 new releases' sale page from yesterday to see if any of the discounts had spiked, nope, usual 30% off...

I did have my heart jump for a sec, ghost lights for Iray were briefly showing up for free, but not in my cart, and not on the freebies page (I was doing a % off/sort by low to high on the main page). That would have been pretty cool, as ghost lights are this thing that a lot of Daz youtubers and such talk about... They disappeared on the refresh though (probably back to whatever the current price is).

Edit: OK, now Kits 2 & 3 and the Iray Probe kit are SHOWING for free, but if you click on their thumbnails, I'm getting the 'Ooops page no longer active' message... maybe they are trying to move them to DO's or something? It's just weird...

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Edit: OK, now Kits 2 & 3 and the Iray Probe kit are SHOWING for free, but if you click on their thumbnails, I'm getting the 'Ooops page no longer active' message... maybe they are trying to move them to DO's or something? It's just weird...
These ghost lights are broken by the newest iray updates. So I guess it would make sense for them to stop selling something that they know won't work anymore.

I am kind of hoping they will somehow make those kits work through some trick and re-release them, instead of removing them completely. I have those probe kits and they're super useful. There is a way to make ghost lights in the new iray that works: so its possible.

See also:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
This is the joy of moving things around when a website is live. Apparently whoever does this for them hasn't gained the knowledge of how to do this as a batch process directly against the SQL server. So much faster and thousands (and tens of thousands) of items can be moved in less than a minute. But, it requires advanced notice and advanced planning, both of which might not have been available to the poor schmuck who was assigned to get these now defunct products off the website.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Yep, the ghost lights have been removed from the store. According to the forums, they were supposed to use a bug in iray, but it seems that this bug has been fixed and ghostlights no longer work with 4.16 (and upper). Probably the cause of the removal.
And for some reasons, unavailable items in your wishlist appear to be free. I have 5 or 6 items like that (and I should definitely remove them from my wishlist).

Edit: this is confirmed by KindredArts

Last edited:
Reactions: Schlongborn

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well, if they are NLA... I'm still using 4.12.086 (reasons), and have them in my library, so they should still work for me at least.

I'm curious as to whether someone comes/has come up with something with similar functionality...

tk99

Jun 3, 2019

Haven't tested it, because after the second 4.16 beta where they (iray) broke the ghostlights and some shaders I will stay with 4.15 until ..... I learn to render in Blender and get rid of this pice of .... Daz.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote