The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I'm curious as to how many of you have shifted your Daz budget more to Renderosity this year?
yes, I have spent more on Renderosity than DAZ over the last couple of months; DAZ used to soak up the majority of my budget, Renderosity was 2nd; Renderhub and CGbytes (sfw & nsfw) minor players

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Gift card sale at daz3D. 10% off/15% with 2 new releases

(Not really interested indeed. I bought a GC two months ago and it is almost untouched. And at most 15%... But gift card sales are so rare now.)

Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, I'm going to call out a couple of things in Today's Daz3D.com sale, at least as it stands as of this post.

1) 30% off debut new releases is back. I guess we'll see how long that lasts....

2) There's a $3.99 grab bag category, that drops to $2.99 with 10+ items. A few items were showing lower discounts yesterday at some point, but said items weren't coming up at those prices when I was shopping. What is more notable is that your $6 off DO coupon will work on DOs in this sale (as it technically should). Of course, you'd need to have 10+ items that you actually want. Not quite as good as $1.99 PC+ for a day sales from last fall, but at least it's something. PC+ for a day was locking out the DO coupon before, hence why I'm calling this one out, in case you are looking to fire off your Daz+ coupons this month.

As for the rest of the sale, kind of more of the same, but just wanted to call these two things out. Some older items are below $1 (older PC+ items), but most of you won't care about these. Sort the main store page, or the 'show all artists together' and sort by % off or low to high to spot deals as usual.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Has anyone seen or know what a proce of "Inactive" means? - obviously, you can't put it in your basket, but is it something that is on its way in, out or being re-valued?

1646864331646.png

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
March sadness continues at daz3D, but the deals seem somehow better.
For instance, the items that were at $4.99 are now at $3.99 and even $2.99 if you buy 10 of them. And all the previously offered items are back for a catch-up sale of 450 items. I would be very mad if I had purchased any in the previous days, but the deals seem rather good now. Most are not DO and the daz+ coupons can apply.
Also, you could get 10% off several items if you had purchased a specific bundle, but now you just need to have purchased a bundle among 10.
Last, another gift card sale. With a potential 24% discount (but the GC must be over $200 and there is a buy in).
And the 'new' discount is back at 30%/40% if you buy several.
Besides that, nothing mind blowing, but the direction is good and we can hope that daz has understood that they were shooting themselves in the foot with this new pricing policy.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a followup on amster22 's post.

This is a 'catch up' sale today, so all items that were in the 'bonus mad' category are back as well. If you did purchase a featured new release in the last three days, that's an extra 70% off.

Of course, the cheapest featured new releases have been at least $7, and you'd need two of them to trigger the extra 10% off. I just checked to see if the weekly Daz+ freebie would 'count' of course it doesn't. It was a long shot...

As for whether the weekly Daz+ new items would trigger the extra 70% off, no idea. Has anyone tried this? Also, not sure if you could buy a featured new release today, then try to buy the catch up items to qualify for the extra 70% or not. I think I tried this once in past sales, but I don't remember how it turned out.

So, yeah, this sale is a bit less sad, but if you are going to buy stuff, today would be a good day to give it a looksee. The two new item 'buy in' for the 25% off gift cards is normally annoying, as you'll need to buy two qualifying new items, so $20 minus what you pay for the new items on a $200 gift card would be your break point math (i.e. pay $15 for new items, that extra 10% off turns into 2.5% factoring in those items), that'll improve if you are buying a larger gift card.

Also, you won't get the 'built in' store credit discount on any other items you buy, and I wouldn't recommend adding any other items in your cart if you are looking to use that discount on other items, so if you want that extra 10% off plus the 25% off other items from your gift card, you'd end up buying four qualifying new releases today to trigger the extra 10% discount in a 'followup' cart.

My store credit is in good shape atm, but 25% off is close to the best we've seen recently (the other time this year involved a probably unintended stacking discount on the Daz3D.com end).

If anyone decides to, or has already tried the buy new item today to trigger the extra 70% on bonus mad items in a followup purchase thing, let us know how that goes.

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Has anyone seen or know what a proce of "Inactive" means? - obviously, you can't put it in your basket, but is it something that is on its way in, out or being re-valued?

View attachment 1695890
I have no idea what this means. Might be a question for the Daz3D.com forum. I just checked the Dragon Horde jewelry today, but I already own it and I'm not seeing 'inactive' when I go to the product page.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I have no idea what this means. Might be a question for the Daz3D.com forum. I just checked the Dragon Horde jewelry today, but I already own it and I'm not seeing 'inactive' when I go to the product page.
something funny is happenning to the price data, at first I thought is was the sales plug-in but it is happening, sporadically, on different browsers without the plug-in and on different machines

• Thinking Face

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
So, yeah, this sale is a bit less sad, but if you are going to buy stuff, today would be a good day to give it a looksee. The two new item 'buy in' for the 25% off gift cards is normally annoying, as you'll need to buy two qualifying new items, so $20 minus what you pay for the new items on a $200 gift card would be your break point math (i.e. pay $15 for new items, that extra 10% off turns into 2.5% factoring in those items), that'll improve if you are buying a larger gift card.
This is not completely true. The buy-in is smaller than that, thanks to the silly new habit of offering "bundled" cloths. Most new cloths are bundled in small parts and you can get one of these sub-cloth for ~$5, and with the stacking discounts, the buy-in can turn to ~$7.50.

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Several sales on the way at rendo with stores at 50-70%
Check the artist that interest you and verify the closing date.
(IMHO the most interesting are Maddelirium at 70%off until Saturday and Kaleya at 60% until Monday)

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Well, I looked at this sale, and found out that if I bought two of the cheaper new items it was about $16, but after applying the $6 coupon, that dropped to $10, so I am good with that. My GC quotient was running dry. So I have added the $200 GC, but probably won't be spending those funds for quite a while, or at least until they offer something other than March MEHness!

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The March Sadness continues at daz3D.
In the "Grab Bag" at $3.99/$2.99 for 10, there are many core characters (Michael 8, Ollie8, the girl 8, etc). But buying 10 items is rather harsh. Lets expect a future catch-up sale.
Besides that a new set of "weekly freebies". If you need textures for g2 assets...

• Yay, new update!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
In the "Grab Bag" at $3.99/$2.99 for 10, there are many core characters (Michael 8, Ollie8, the girl 8, etc). But buying 10 items is rather harsh. Lets expect a future catch-up sale.
Besides that a new set of "weekly freebies". If you need textures for g2 assets...
The Kooky Cannons have been tempting me for years, so it's good to finally get them for free!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Don't forget, coupons apply here too, so if you have an extra $6 off of $18, then you can carve $6 off of the $29.99 to get 10 items for closer to $2.30 each (that is, unless you already have them).

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Oh, gee, thanks Daz3D.com sales team...
(NOT!) :(

Today, annual memberships are on sale for 10% off. Yes, a whole 10% off! 20% off if you buy 4+ mad related items.

Others can comment on the rest of the sale.
:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Boogie and oaiki
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote