The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
10% Off money ... well, gift cards actually, 15% with 2 buy-in products ...
To be clear, that's 15% off $200+, 24% off with the 2 buy-in products. 24% is probably about as good a deal as we'll ever see on Gift Cards these days, but...

If you buy two products you have no use for, you buy the cheapest possible, maybe something like $6.27 + $8.37 or about $15. A $200 card with a 15% discount is $170; with a 24% discount is $152, or $167 after adding the two useless items back on. So at $200 it's a tiny bit of extra savings ($170 vs $167), although you do get two extra worthless items, so it can't hurt (if you make sure the items are that cheap!). It's a much better deal at $500.

If you buy two products you actually want, but would normally have waited until they were cheaper, then it's more complicated. Let's say you would have waited for the items to be 20% cheaper to buy them. Say the items are currently $15, and you get two of them. So you spend $152, plus $30 on the two items. If you don't buy the two items, you would have bought them when they were 20% cheaper, or $24. Furthermore, you would have bought them in a separate purchase with a gift card discount[*], so, say, 25% cheaper, or $18. So it's $152 + $30 = $182 to buy them now, or $170 + $18 = $188 to buy them later. So in practice that's only an extra 3% discount for a $200 card (still worth it), but a lot more at $500.

But if you were going to wait until they were 70% off, it's different. 70% off of $30 is $9, plus after gift card discount is $6.75. So then it's $152 + 30 = $182 vs. $170 + $6.75 = $177, and now for a $200 gift card it's actually more expensive to get the higher gift card discount because you're paying "full price" for the extra items. But at $500: $380 + $30 = $415, vs. $425 + $6.75 = $432, so it's still cheaper to get the higher discount.

But either way, it does mean your effective rate is significantly lower than 24%, although it's closer with a $500 card.

[*] You can't use store credit to buy gift cards, so you can't apply the gift card discount to purchases that include gift cards, including any products you buy to increase the gift card discount.

Personally, I think I'm pretty much done with Daz. My collection is huge, and the days of cheap stuff seems to be pretty over. When my store credit runs out, I'll probably let my daz+ expire. I'll pick up stuff now and then, but it's just not worth the time and effort to bargain shop anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
R.E. the gift card thing.

I took advantage of a somewhat recent 23.5% off deal to bump my store credit, which I've used very little of since thanks to March Sadness. So while I agree that it matches the best deals on gift cards we've seen recently, if you aren't spending the credit balance you already have...

So yeah, judgement call on your part. I do agree r.e. going for the full $500 to minimize the buy-in, if you think you will spend that much on Daz stuff over the next several months and can afford it.

I did see an orange banner this morning that gives 70% off select DOs with a coupon code, but 70% off usually isn't enough to move me sooo...

As usual, I'll leave the deal spotting in today's Daz3D.com sale to the experts!

I'm more excited that part of Rhiannon's store over at Renderosity is 70% off right now, including a few G3F outfits! (50-70% off) I still use G3F a lot, personal preference, so I like deals on G3F stuff!

Reactions: oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
March Sadness continues at daz3D, and, besides the "grab bag" nothing really draw my attention.

There is though a new bunch or "weekly" freebies. IMO, they are becoming worse and I am not sure I will use any of them, but at least it is free...

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
but at least it is free...
except when it has a requirement for a product which you neither want nor have ... it really bugs me when product dependencies aren't listed, mostly happens on older stuff, or when the requirement is irrelevant such as an HDRI sky for a tree prop ...

• Hey there
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Catch up sale over at Daz3D.com. There are a few (small) bundles in the $3.99 ($2.99 if 10+ items) grab bag section, if you haven't bought those (or parts of those) yet:

Other stuff too, but I haven't dug into it yet.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Catch up sale over at Daz3D.com. There are a few (small) bundles in the $3.99 ($2.99 if 10+ items) grab bag section, if you haven't bought those (or parts of those) yet:

Other stuff too, but I haven't dug into it yet.
This is what I've been waiting for. A catch up sale with all the items so that I can find 10 that I want, for $2.99 each, and the $6 off off $18 coupon works to bring them down to $2.39.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Flash sale: up to 4 select Daz Originals for 70% off with code. As is standard for recent Daz, it doesn't stack with Daz+, so products drop from 30% off to 70% off. Expires in about two hours I think, but possibly there will be a series of them.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
*Sigh* I was hoping for another round of 70% off items at Renderosity this week, alas, not so far. No new sales over there to talk about really, quieter than usual...

It looks like 20% off new releases is still a thing at Daz3D.com. BOO! HISS!
To clarify, look at the main shop page, and you'll see a group of 30% off items (associated with today's sale mostly), followed by a huge group of new items at 20% off...

Today's sale isn't interesting me, maybe someone else will spot a good deal. I've kind of given up on the Daz store for now.

Nothing new is jumping out at me over at Renderotica. Saw Miepe, then saw 20% off, so meh... a couple of stores are on sale for over 40% off, but most of them are below that level.

So, for me, it's back to dealing with my scripting dialogue mental block...

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
MM continues at daz3D. Besides the usual grab bag, another potentially interesting sale with 3 DO items for $9 (total). Most are g3 or older, but there are ~5k items and $3/item is a good price. Requires coupon DAZ-O-DEAL.
Also a gift card sale. 10% off or 20% daz+. The GC must be over $50, one must use the GC-SAVING coupon, but there is no buy-in.

And at Renderosity a store wide sale. 50% off all items until thursday

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Last(?) day of March Madness at daz3D, with a catchup sale.
All "grab bag" items are back and it should be easier to find 10 to get the $2.99 price.
And any of the previously posted key items can trigger a 10% off some categories.

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
March Madness continues at daz3D.
Nothing really appealing IMHO, but if you are interested by anything, i would suggest to previously buy the 'Qube' asset.

It is a great asset, useful for many scenes, and the price is right. And, more importantly, once in the cart, it gives 10% off several 'Mad' categories.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
March Madness continues at daz3D.
Nothing really appealing IMHO, but if you are interested by anything, i would suggest to previously buy the 'Qube' asset.

It is a great asset, useful for many scenes, and the price is right. And, more importantly, once in the cart, it gives 10% off several 'Mad' categories.
Beat me to it again ... it is a worthwhile addition to any collection of trapezohedrons

However, I am holding off on the until I see what the texture expansion pack will be like

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1648925704562.png

This is not a political statement.

The conflict in Eastern Europe has displaced a large number of people, many women and children. So here is a Daz sale that may do some good to alliviate the humanitarian crisis there.

The as the banner says 100% of the proceeds will go to who provide community based care across the globe (plane, if you are a FlatEarther) that are affected by natural and human made crisis

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Several interesting offers at rendo:
  • 70% off a set of items until Tuesday
  • 60% off a set of items (only today)
  • 60% off 3 stores: Passion3D, HellFyre, JaReHorse (only today)
(Note that the latter offer is a daily "Mystery Fash Sale" that will give 60% off 3 stores changing everyday. You can check the link giving the actual store list on the usual rendo sale link )​

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
up to 20% off Gift Cards depending on buy-in ... normally exciting (ish) but there is so little incentive to spend it these days ...

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
up to 20% off Gift Cards depending on buy-in ... normally exciting (ish) but there is so little incentive to spend it these days ...
I really do not understand daz pricing
10% off for a $50+ gift card​
15% off for a $200+ gift card​
20% off for a $200.01+ gift card​
Who would be so stupid to buy a $200.00 gift card for $170, while a $201 costs $161?
Daz has a tendency to consider its customers as retards, but this takes the cake.

• Sad
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz 3D:
  • A new set of freebies. Nothing very exciting, just the usual old crap, but some items may be useful.
  • A storewide sale. DO items are discounted 55-68% off (and the discount stacks with daz+ discounts and some daz+ items turn really cheap after that). And 50% (60% with a new release) off the rest, including items released 2 months ago. Maybe time to use the $6 off $18 daz+ coupon. (And 50% of the proceeds go to Ukraine charity).

At rendo, some stores at 50% until Sunday and Prae & Valkyrie stores at 60% for 24 hours.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Friendly reminder that there are some major DAZ3D coupon codes that have been around for a long time, so most people posting in the thread have already used them, but in case there are lurkers:
  • FORTY-FOR-ME ... 40% off on $30+
  • MORE-FOR-50 ... 50% off on $50+
I bring these up because they stack (but don't apply to gift cards), and with the reduction in stacking of regular discounts they're more valuable than ever. Even though I already used them, I check them occasionally in case they reset after a year or something, but no luck so far.

It did cross my mind that if you set up a second account, that account would be able to reuse the coupon. Maybe they tie these to credit cards so if you used the same credit card on both accounts, it wouldn't work. And regardless, if you use the same credit card on both accounts, they'd be able to check that, and I imagine having multiple accounts is against their terms of service, so this is definitely something you should not do, I am in no way recommending it. Even if you, for some reaon, have multiple credit cards. Besides, it would be inconvenient, as you couldn't use the daz install manage to process it, you'd have to manually install anything you bought on the second account. So definitely don't do this, unless you first check if it's allowed by their ToS.

Anyway, I was reminded of those big codes from this list of DAZ coupon codes you might want to check regularly, as it sometimes includes a free deal I don't remember seeing on the site anywhere:

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Friendly reminder that there are some major DAZ3D coupon codes that have been around for a long time, so most people posting in the thread have already used them, but in case there are lurkers:
  • FORTY-FOR-ME ... 40% off on $30+
  • MORE-FOR-50 ... 50% off on $50+
<SNIP>
Thanks for the note.

I just tried, both, niether worked form me :cry: ... which is good because it would have taken me over budget if either had :)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Nothing really attracted my eye at daz3D, but there are several sales at rendo

• 70% off a set of items (until Tuesday)
  • 60% off a set of items (only today)
  • 60% off three stores (including Biscuits) (only today)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote