The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Oh, gee, thanks Daz3D.com sales team...
(NOT!) :(

Today, annual memberships are on sale for 10% off. Yes, a whole 10% off! 20% off if you buy 4+ mad related items.

Others can comment on the rest of the sale.
:rolleyes:
omg omg OMG!!! A whole 20% off for buying a paltry FOUR items? I just went in and turned off my auto renew. Was coming up in a month or so, and I dinna wanna do it for the crap deals they are offering. Really?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
seamanq , others...

At least there are some cool 60-70% off deals over at Renderosity right now. These have already been detailed, so I won't go over them again. I have a number of wishlisted items that I'd like to buy eventually at Renderosity, and as mentioned before, I'm burned out on Daz3D.com sales, so the change in scenery is nice. The 'cash back' points are a little gimmicky, but a lot more straightforward than the Daz3D.com sales guessing games...

Reactions: oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Renderotica (and cgbytes) has a global sale 25% off all items till march 21. And some vendors have higher discounts

At renderosity a new bunch of items at 70%off

and several other sales

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
$25 worth of select DOs for free with coupon code
POT-O-GOLD
over at Daz3D.com

Also, 15% off gift card sale, extra 10% off if you buy 3+ new releases.

Rest of the sale seems to be more of the same - buy an expensive bundle to get extra discounts and a 'freebie', usual 'meh'.

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
And the coupon is usable twice!!!
I'll have to try that.

Someone mentioned in the Daz3D.com forum that the coupon might help with the $3.99/$2.99 grab bag sale, lowering the DOs in that sale. I'm about to try it, just passing this along.

Edit: At least for me, I'm not seeing any DOs that I want in the grab bag sale, but I do want to call this bundle out in case you are looking for a shark bait stand:

The outfit is for Genesis 2 female, but autofit can help with that, if you have the appropriate 'wear them all' plugins and such.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note.

Today is a 'catch up' day over at Daz3D.com, so if you've been looking at doing the 'grab bag' thing, there are more items to choose from.

You won't need to buy 10+ items this time, but you will need to buy a 'Newly Mad' or 'Still Mad' release to get the $2.99 price, otherwise it's $3.49. There are some cheaper items in the 'Still Mad' category, but if you aren't Daz+ those are in the $7 range, so that'd be a judgement call on your part.

The rest of the sale seems to be more of the same.

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If you have some hard boiled dames that need to make tracks, this might be just the thing...

packard734boattail.jpg

50% off ($9), sale ends March 20th at Renderosity:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
If any of you guys have the IRAY Ghost Light Kit, you can now buy the updated version with a discount of 90% apparently. The other Ghost Light Kits will be released later:

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
If any of you guys have the IRAY Ghost Light Kit, you can now buy the updated version with a discount of 90% apparently. The other Ghost Light Kits will be released later:

Thanks for the info, but that's the last straw.

I buy some overprice asset, DAZ (or to be fair NV) decides I can't use it any more.
And Daz is so generous to offer me a product I own for only 2$.

I'll stay with 4.15 for as long as I can (and there is really no reason to install 4.20) and stay away from the Daz store whenever I can.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019

UltraScenery for 3.99$ seems a good deal
I actually thought about if I should just buy it yesterday because I wondered if that new UltraScenery XT product is worth getting early (new release, so pretty expensive), because it supposedly works well together with the old UltraScenery. Luckily I didn't.

Btw. I recently found out that they don't do partial refunds anymore, so just in case anyone is wondering if you can buy something and then if its suddenly 2.99 a couple of days later you can get the difference as refund. Used to be like that, but is not possible anymore.

All those 3.99$ products have been 2.99$ in the catchup sale a week later, but then you need to buy like 10 of them, or maybe 2+ expensive new releases to get them at 2.99$, so 3.99$ now without any strings attached is probably better.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I actually thought about if I should just buy it yesterday because I wondered if that new UltraScenery XT product is worth getting early (new release, so pretty expensive), because it supposedly works well together with the old UltraScenery. Luckily I didn't.

Btw. I recently found out that they don't do partial refunds anymore, so just in case anyone is wondering if you can buy something and then if its suddenly 2.99 a couple of days later you can get the difference as refund. Used to be like that, but is not possible anymore.

All those 3.99$ products have been 2.99$ in the catchup sale a week later, but then you need to buy like 10 of them, or maybe 2+ expensive new releases to get them at 2.99$, so 3.99$ now without any strings attached is probably better.
They actually state that on most of the sales banners: "Cannot be used to discount items already owned". ... to be honest, I never understood what that meant, until now :p

1647785569147.png

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks No_Name for the Ultra Scenery tip! I was able to find 9 other items I could use, to drop the price to $2.99, so my Daz credit is now around $30 or so less now...

It seems to be memory intensive according to one of the forum threads about it, but at least I have Ultra Scenery now to play around with if I ever get caught up on all of my other projects!
o_O

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D 50/60/70% off for 2/3/4+ items. Concerns 8k items (mostly non DO).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So there are a few 70% off sales over at Renderosity. Including 50%-70% off Prae stuff, a few pretty cool hairstyles at 70% off (not all though...). Definitely worth a looksee at least:

I've been hoping for Renderosity to post up another coupon for March, but so far no...

Daz3D.com. *yawn*. The usual, maybe someone else will spot something worthwhile. There's a survey you can participate in that will supposedly give you a $5 store credit on April 1st, I guess we'll see if that's an April Fools or not. A Daz team member posted up in the Daz3D forum thread about the survey a few times, I guess we'll see if that amounts to anything.

Not sure what else has been going on sales wise. I've been laser focused on a couple of projects.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Daz3D.com. *yawn*. The usual, maybe someone else will spot something worthwhile. There's a survey you can participate in that will supposedly give you a $5 store credit on April 1st, I guess we'll see if that's an April Fools or not. A Daz team member posted up in the Daz3D forum thread about the survey a few times, I guess we'll see if that amounts to anything.
I did that survey and you get to tell them what you think about NFTs (its only multiple choice, so the worst thing you can select is "I am not interested in NFT"). So that alone might be worth it, you even get five bucks for it!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote