The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I am not sure if this is because of the current flash sale, 80% off of 3 Daz Originals, but some items from my wishlist came up heavily discounted. Specifically, the Jonathan 8 Pro Bundle ($134.95) came up as 87% off. I think this is the 80% off deal minus my loyalty discount. This does, of course, stack with your Daz+ coupons if you have any left (I did). So I got this pretty nice bundle for $12.89 out the door. Purchased, of course, with discounted Gift Card money. Your mileage, of course, may vary.

There are a ton of Pro bundles on this sale, including many Genesis 8 characters as well as older ones.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I am not sure if this is because of the current flash sale, 80% off of 3 Daz Originals, but some items from my wishlist came up heavily discounted. Specifically, the Jonathan 8 Pro Bundle ($134.95) came up as 87% off. I think this is the 80% off deal minus my loyalty discount. This does, of course, stack with your Daz+ coupons if you have any left (I did). So I got this pretty nice bundle for $12.89 out the door. Purchased, of course, with discounted Gift Card money. Your mileage, of course, may vary.
The flash sale also has a second part here:

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The sale says up to three items. I bought the Jonathan 8 Pro Bundle in one transaction and then came back and added three more pro bundles in another transaction and got the 87% discount for all of them. Their system does not appear to be keeping track across transactions.

EDIT: It appears this is per transaction. I came back and grabbed three more base models (just under $7 each after my 87% discount) and it took it. If you want stuff on this sale which appears to be one of the better ones seen in a while, now might be the time to grab some goodies on the cheap. I am also thinking that this was probably a mistake and the ability to double or triple dip will probably be removed at some point, unless that's what they intended.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At Daz 3D, a free g3 or older starter bundle but the requirement is insane: buy 3 out of the 6 "best of the best" new releases.

At rendo:
A set of items at 60% off (only today)

A set of items at 70% (until Tuesday)

And the daily intermittent 6 hours sale with items at 60% off

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. Get an extra 5/10/15% off with 2/3/4+ items with coupon SAVINGS-FOR-ME

The offer concerns a very large part of daz store (28k items) and many items are already at 60% off (and go to 66% with an extra 15% discount). Nothing mindblowing, but better than nothing, I presume.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I need to fire off my $6 off DO coupon at some point, not sure what I'm waiting for, except that Daz keeps telling me I can't use the coupon even though it's not a flash sale, etc... or coupon blocks my coupon...

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
A new low for DAZ Sales Team?

In the recent "buy a new bundle and get mediocre discounts on legacy products" promotions I have noticed a disturbing trend in the bundle's product description

Until recently the bunndle's 'contains secition' listed just the products the bundle contained.

in the last couple of sales the bundle's 'contains section' lists the products it contains and where those products are bundles themselves it goes on to list the products contained within those bundles.

The net effect of this is that on first impression the price per item appears lower giving a false impression of the value of the bundle

eg:
the contents list for contains 21 items, 3 of which are bundles containing other products in the list; such as which is an outfit bundle of individual items (wings, top, shorts, masks, gloves and skirts) also listed individually as part of the mega bundle

So you may think you have a bargain at $7.05 ($147.95 full retail price) per item listed in the mega bundle whereas you are actually paying $8.22 per item ...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Until recently the bunndle's 'contains secition' listed just the products the bundle contained.

in the last couple of sales the bundle's 'contains section' lists the products it contains and where those products are bundles themselves it goes on to list the products contained within those bundles.
This might actually be a good thing done for good reasons. In the past, if you've bought, say, a pro bundle, the store knows you bought the pro bundle and all the individual items, and so when you do a search (with items you own hidden), those things don't show up. However, the starter bundle for the same thing would still show up. You had to manually hide those with Daz Deals.

However, if from now on they list the starter bundle as part of the pro bundle, then they're telling the store software that when you buy the pro bundle, you've also bought the starter bundle, and it will hide properly.

I know we all have good reason to bash Daz store policies these days, and who knows, maybe they are doing it for some cynical reason, but this seems more likely to me.

Reactions: Boogie

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today's sale has a 75% off up to 5 Daz Originals component. So maybe less 'meh' than usual. You'll need to use the coupon code though:
DAZORIGINAL75

NOTE that the discount is limited to 75% off (does not stack with DO discount or whatever PC+ discount may be going on), at least on the items I checked. Plus, you've probably picked through the DO stuff pretty heavily already if you are a regular shopper, so yeah...

The rest of the sale is pretty much par for the course these days. Featured artist stores are 65% off if you buy 3+ items. I suppose if there is something you really need right now...

Renderotica has some sort of FUTA Elf sex going on...

Sale_700_400.jpg

And a few other sales, a number of these end on January 31st 2022.

Renderosity, yeah mostly 'the usual'. A few topsellers at 50% off, etc.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
So today's sale has a 75% off up to 5 Daz Originals component. So less 'meh' than usual. You'll need to use the coupon code though:
DAZORIGINAL75
I must say that I do not agree. This sale states that "Offer does not stack with other discounts. " This means that 75% is the final discounr. PC+ do not get the extra 30% off and indeed, it is equivalent to a (64% off DO + 30% PC+) discount which is not so uncommon (and some PC+ items are even more expensive if you use the coupon). Some of these items are also in the PA 55%/65% sale and you can get a (very slightly) better deal without the coupon (provided you buy 3+ items). And it may be the last chance to use your january PC+ coupons.

Besides that at rendo there is a large set of items at 50%60%prime off. Mostly envs which is not so frequent.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Furthermore, almost half of the 12,000 items are Daz+ items, which are already deeply discounted (typically to around 70%), and since it doesn't stack those items are way less interesting.

I didn't even notice it didn't stack, but Daz Deals does a thing now where in your cart, it shows you the best recent price for the item so you can directly compare against your current price (and Daz Deals doesn't even account for discounts from deals with requirements/coupons). Of 5 things I tried putting in my cart, only 1 was lower than its best price to date. Which is no surprise once you realize the deal doesn't stack.

• Hey there
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
75% off is slightly better than 72% off (60% off with 30% off DO discount is 72% off), hence the 'slightly less meh' comment.

And yeah there have been much better deals, so still 'meh'. The question is, will we see said deals this year. There were some moments around this time last year, but I don't want to jinx it.

At this point, I'm mainly just sniping with the monthly Daz+ coupons, and maybe grabbing a 'about to be vaulted' item or two here and there. Also, I've grabbed a bunch of HDRI related stuff over the last year or so that isn't coming up in my 'hdr or hdri' content library search, I finally figured out how to find that stuff, rather annoying, but that's not really relevant to this thread, other than to say there may be some cool stuff already hanging out in your Daz Studio library, if you can find it...

Reactions: glassware
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote