The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
The sale has changed (with FefecoolYellow and Jadyn) but seems to still be broken.
I just don't get it. When your entire business is just selling stuff online in an online store, how can getting the pricing correct be such a challenge? It's even less excusable for DAZ, as they are probably much larger staff-wise/programming-wise, but still-Rendo already messed up the 3 hour sale thing last week, they have to learn from this, right?
I'm trying to give you guys money, lol.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
I just don't get it. When your entire business is just selling stuff online in an online store, how can getting the pricing correct be such a challenge? It's even less excusable for DAZ, as they are probably much larger staff-wise/programming-wise, but still-Rendo already messed up the 3 hour sale thing last week, they have to learn from this, right?
I'm trying to give you guys money, lol.
Update:

Something went wrong with the system and all 3hr sales are still in pending.. they never kicked in.. ANY of them!

I've just withdrawn the articles back to pending.. we'll see how we will resolve this on Monday when the tech staff and programmers are back to the office. Right now there's nothing more we can do..
Or is there?

All sales have been rescheduled for TOMORROW.. Sunday 11th.. so keep coming back! :)

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Catch up sale at DAZ, all the freebies are back (requires a 25$ purchase), the weekly freebie does not trigger them to be free, but I just rebought the two DAZ+ freebies with them over and over again to get all of them.

Also a gift card sale, which would actually be great since I ran out of my euro-dollar hedge. But, 2 new releases for 15%, or 1 new release for 10% off, I might as well just not buy one. I have a feeling they'll try to get rid of the gift card sales entirely, but it is going to be hard to un-teach people that aspect of DAZ shopping.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo a set of items at 70% off
(it does seem to work ATM, but will probably be fixed in a few hours).
Also some poser assets at 65% off (properly discounted)

EDIT: for some reasons, the 70% sale has disappeared. Rendo is going from bad to worse.

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Speaking of Renderosity:
1663092338629.png

edit: Looks like it's back, and of course I got the same irritating Subscribe to our Newsletter popup as always, even though I already subscribe.
Great job!

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Renderosity tenaciously trying the 3 hour sale thing again-never give up!

DM is the first featured artist-I guess they are doing one at a time now

Also not to tease Renderosity too much ( I like their variety of stuff you can't find on DAZ), but I love how they send promotional emails with their logo prominently displayed, but if you click on it to go to the site, you just download the transparent PNG of the logo, lol.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Bets on the Big Announcement? Daz 5.0?
Kinda waiting for Daz 5.0 to be honest, so that would be nice. Despite the fact that I expect them to break pretty much everything in the first release, Daz is in a _dire_ need for an UI upgrade.

EDIT: good point on the Daz forum: this is one day after the nvidia GTC event, and my suspicion is that this is about omniverse. Daz now also shows up among the companies in the "Expanding ecosystem" section on the ominverse page: but they have no support for it whatsoever so far. This may sound kind of boring, but I think it could be great if its that. It means Daz needs to implement good support for the usd file format, and that means an easier time using Daz assets in other programs (through omniverse presumably).

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1663315139930.png

Can be obtained by adding a freebie of high enough original value and if you haven't got any to use to get them just look for high discount items to reduce the buy-in.

It's is still the full price and not the cart price that is the trigger that makes them free​

Reactions: FranceToast

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D, you can have DO items for $1.99.

Select Daz Originals

Get up to 3 Select Daz Originals for $1.99 each* when you spend over $15in a single transaction
Get up to 6 for $1.99 each* when you spend over $20 in a single transaction
Or get up to 8 for $1.99 each* AND 1 FREE* when you spend over $25 in a single transaction

Indeed the buy-in constraint is not very constraining as it is the base undiscounted price that counts and provided you buy at least two items, they are at $1.99.
Not the deal of the century, as DO items are frequently on sale, but $1.99 is rather good and if you purchase enough, one of the items is free.
Generally buying two items is sufficient to pass the $25 threshold and to get a third item for free. And you can do that several times, meaning you can get DO items at $1.33 each (3 for $3.98).
(and do not forget to add one of the daily freebies before checking out)

EDIT:I did that 4 times to get the four daily freebies, each time with two DO items at $1.99 and one free. So 16 items for $15.92. Not a bad deal, indeed.

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
At daz3D, you can have DO items for $1.99.

Select Daz Originals

Get up to 3 Select Daz Originals for $1.99 each* when you spend over $15in a single transaction
Get up to 6 for $1.99 each* when you spend over $20 in a single transaction
Or get up to 8 for $1.99 each* AND 1 FREE* when you spend over $25 in a single transaction

Indeed the buy-in constraint is not very constraining as it is the base undiscounted price that counts and provided you buy at least two items, they are at $1.99.
Not the deal of the century, as DO items are frequently on sale, but $1.99 is rather good and if you purchase enough, one of the items is free.
Generally buying two items is sufficient to pass the $25 threshold and to get a third item for free. And you can do that several times, meaning you can get DO items at $1.33 each (3 for $3.98).
(and do not forget to add one of the daily freebies before checking out)

EDIT:I did that 4 times to get the four daily freebies, each time with two DO items at $1.99 and one free. So 16 items for $15.92. Not a bad deal, indeed.
Wait, you can buy items on the list that total over $15 pre-sale and get the $1.99 each? This is pretty good!

Edit: ok, it was pretty good, lol. Plus I got that free Piercing mod I actually needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote