The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019

Up to 70% depending on how many you buy
Ansiko is in this sale, and has a bunch of cool environments imho.

EDIT: They're also quite old sadly, but still. Just some stuff that's a little different then the usual.

EDIT2: Oh, and he uses copyrighted images: thats the Enterprise on that computery looking screen.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
View attachment 2114259
Credit: Halloween by teffo

PRIME Day Weekend for ALL!

Have you ever wanted to try the ? Now is your chance!!

Great prices on new and existing content everyday!
Monthly freebie, prime sales, prime coupons and Prime Flash each month!
40 - 50% off NEW releases by some of our best vendors.
All for just $29.99 per year!

All members may enjoy prices until 11:59 pm (cdt) Monday, October 24th.

Enjoy your own Prime Weekend this October!

:unsure: do you think they'll extend existing members' subscriptions by 4 days?
Do not forget to try the prime coupon that gives 20% off (one use). If everybody is prime, it should work for everybody. PRIME2022OCTP20B5

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
It's interesting to see them leaning more and more into the 'realistic' figures with each generation.
Even as someone who generally wants that, I'm pretty disappointed with how Genesis 9 appears to be doing it. One of the things about physically-based rendering, like Iray, is that if you use physically-based materials and physically-based lighting, then things should look "how they would really look". Even if you get the lighting "wrong", that's how a real person would look in that lighting. This is how movie CGI works, and we have the exact same technology on our PCs now. Movies manage to make characters look photoreal, to the point where nowadays the biggest problem CGI giveaway is animation not looking right.

But for stills, we have the technology to make photoreal characters, no problem. But instead, the stuff I've seen of Genesis 9 promos looks like it's still going to have the same old uncanny valley look that all the Genesis 8 virtual novels have. I don't understand why Daz didn't hire an experienced artist and make Genesis 9 render photoreal characters out of the box. Maybe I'm wrong and Genesis 9 does do this. It's hard to tell from their promos, but their marketing doesn't seem to have pushed this angle so I assume not.

(You may see people in Daz/Poser-related forums say, "no, you can't have a button to push that's called 'look good'", and sure, but you CAN have a button to push to mean 'look photoreal'--that's the point of the physically-based stuff I was talking about.)

Like, I have literally 0 interest in getting G9 right now, but if it let me render photoreal characters out of the box, so scenes looked absolutely real, and PA characters also looked photoreal, I would sign up in a heartbeat, because that's going to be a palpable difference in the final results.

Getting back on topic, they don't seem to be requiring pro bundles to get anatomical elements for G9? Victoria 9 apparently comes with them (including male anatomical elements too), or you can buy male+female G9 anatomical elements for $12 ( ). But I haven't bought either, so I don't know what the quality is; I assume you're going to want Renderotica genitals anyway for erotic storytelling. (Plus now a Renderosity/Renderotica nipple graft is pretty much required for close-ups, since the new G9 geometry isn't nipple-optimized. Like, from screenshots with the mesh in wireframe, there appears to be literally no geometry there to make a 3D nipple that actually sticks out.)

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
1666422985037.png

This sale includes some ironman13 bundles comprising environment, clothing and poses. If you do not have them already, at this price it is definitely a bargain.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo, 200 items at $5.99. Prime only, but everybody is prime this week end!

(The previous similar sale included some expensive bundles. Nothing identical here but for some items it can be a good enough deal.)

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1666425334455.png

All members can save on the following topsellers' stores up to 50% off!

Sale valid through 11:59 pm (cdt) Thursday, October 27th.

Disclaimer:

Some vendors are participating in multiple sales events due to the various VGS & different sale-events we have in October.
Some items may be in 2 promotions at the same time and price may be affected depending on the latest event. Kindly note that this is beyond our control.

Featuring:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D

Select Fantasy Nature & Landscape Items
Get $10 worth of Select Fantasy Nature & Landscape Items FREE‡
Get $15 worth of Select Fantasy Nature & Landscape Items FREE*‡
when you buy any 2+

The $10 free without buy-in seems interesting, but the items are undiscounted and the cheapest are ~$13-14 (with daz+ 30% off). This still makes a very decent discount and it may be worth a look.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I'm guessing based on the "best DAZ prices" email that a lot of these are pretty great deals.
You guys still out there buying V4 stuff? I have like one V4 thing and it drove me up the wall trying to do anything with it. So I kind wouldn't really bother with that sale. Is there anything really good I can't miss in there?

EDIT: Actually, I think I am confusing Victoria 4 with something else, Vic4 is at least Genesis 2, which isn't too bad. I could at least get the Victoria 4.2 starter bundle for compatibility stuff I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
You guys still out there buying V4 stuff? I have like one V4 thing and it drove me up the wall trying to do anything with it. So I kind wouldn't really bother with that sale. Is there anything really good I can't miss in there?

EDIT: Actually, I think I am confusing Victoria 4 with something else, Vic4 is at least Genesis 2, which isn't too bad. I could at least get the Victoria 4.2 starter bundle for compatibility stuff I guess.
I do use V4 stuff occasionally, but I have pretty much all of the V4 era stuff I wanted at this point. Still a few pre-Genesis items on my wishlist, but those are mostly for ultra cheap sales, 90% off isn't quite enough for me to pull the trigger on what's left.

Looks like the $10 off 30 coupon went bye-bye. I might have used it on today's sales combo otherwise...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
No, you were right the first time:

Millennium WomanVictoria 1
???Victoria 4
GenesisVictoria 5
Genesis 2Victoria 6
Genesis 3Victoria 7
Genesis 8Victoria 8

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Oh, ok. Well, I don't envy people shopping at DAZ in those times. Those old figure generations appear like a huge mess to me.
Rendering technology has come a long ways since the old days...

I mainly use V4 era clothing, props and environments. Yay autofit! Also fabric/texture shaders!

I've rendered a handful of V4 era characters, but I agree that the way that morphs are handled (the whole injection thing) is a bit off-putting, which is why I mostly hang out in the G3 era...

I did track down the original Aiko (Anime Girl) once. I can still can load her into Daz, but it's probably not worth the effort to track her down unless you are an Aiko 'completist'...

Aiko1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: glassware

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Not sure why, but many i13 products are at 2.99, incl. bundles.

View attachment 2119144
Note that if you buy any new release over $5, you can drop the price to $2.09. Not quite $1.99, but close enough.

I of course bought almost all of the i13 stuff that I wanted when it was first moved to Daz Originals, there was a $1.99 offer at the time. Considering that as you pointed out there are bundles in this mix, and as amster22 already pointed out, now's a good time to stock up on the i13 items you may have had your eyes on...

Reactions: tk99 and amster22
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote