The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a not so friendly PSA...

Chambre dAmore has no door to get into the room...

It has windows, sure, but this is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to environments (four walls, no entry/exit door). I guess that they wall the guests in to die there...

There was another environment (some loft thingie) where I speculated about rappelling into the room (it had a high ceiling), but yeah...

I was going to try do do a cool render of a girl leaning against a door frame into a bedroom, but now I have to punch a hole in a wall and find a door...

Edit: At least one of the walls (the one that makes the most sense r.e. having a door) is a simple cube primitive, that is separate from the other walls. So I can just scale the wall and duplicate it a couple of times to 'rough in' a doorway. Unfortunately the floor molding is all joined up, so I have to separate it out using the Geometry Editor. Still very annoying...

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

It has windows, sure, but this is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to environments (four walls, no entry/exit door). I guess that they wall the guests in to die there...

There was another environment (some loft thingie) where I speculated about rappelling into the room (it had a high ceiling), but yeah...

I was going to try do do a cool render of a girl leaning against a door frame into a bedroom, but now I have to punch a hole in a wall and find a door...

Edit: At least one of the walls (the one that makes the most sense r.e. having a door) is a simple cube primitive, that is separate from the other walls. So I can just scale the wall and duplicate it a couple of times to 'rough in' a doorway. Unfortunately the floor molding is all joined up, so I have to separate it out using the Geometry Editor. Still very annoying...
I have found this to be the case with many in-door environments; they all look good as concepts but most are designed without consideration of placement and interaction with other building and service elements. This, is particulary painful for interesting floor plans and ambient heights.

I think, other than for specific rendered scenes they are mostly good for the stand-alone props and kit-bashing, tedious as that may be.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Have the 'bi-weekly' Changed?

I can't tell, looks like the same old, same old prancing unicorn and g2, g1 & v4 poses ...

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Notwithstanding that pretty excellent i3 Ironman sale (I got to use the $10 off $30 code before it expired yay!) I am kind of struck at how expensive everything else is right now.
I get the DAZ Deals emails letting me know which of my Wishlist items are on sale depending on the specific Flash/Weekly sale going on, and all the prices are at least 50% more than what I'm used to seeing, even on sale.
Guessing this is DAZ trying to make back the money they 'spent' on giving Gift Card discounts, lol. "Sure you can have this 10% off Gift Card! *raises all sale prices 50%*)

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
View attachment 2120757

Get any one item from the selection above for free (most of it is G3, but there's a couple G8 things) with code WICKED.

Daz forgot to apply the prerequisite as of right now, so you can just snag whatever you want without buying anything.
Nice catch, thanks! I'm not sure what I'll use Infernal Succubus Outfit for, but I will find a use for Infernal Succubus Outfit now!

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018

I totally get that some spaces (especially bathrooms) are designed extra large (and empty) just to get camera angles to work in DAZ. But the total lack of any basic architectural design is still pretty irritating.

I am having fun with the 'kit-bashing' idea though. I am trying right now to merge a City Hall Interior into one of the buildings in Stonemason's Urban Sprawl sets...it kinda works, lol.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Many sales at renderotica.
Most are 20-25% but some are more interesting (40-50%): I noticed Chaosophia, Pendragon, JaReHorse, Layla, CherryBlossom, VirtualDesires, and maybe some others (I did not check all the links TBH).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Today's Daz sale might be worth a looksee. Specifically, these items are 85% off with a 'Glamorous' new release:

Yes, they are legacy items, but there are a number of vehicles and environments in this mix, if such things interest you. The 'buy in' is a bit steep (cheapest item is a wallet purse thingie for just over $9), but if a few of these items, as well as other 60-75% off with (same) prereq sales item categories/PA's interest you, well it's a thought.

I haven't checked for stacking opportunities, but we do have several sales running concurrently at the moment, and that's generally when stacking discounts might happen. The Daz sales team has been pretty good about not doing this lately, but such things have slipped through occasionally. If anyone spots stacking opportunities, of course call them out!

Edit: The 85% discount is only apply 80% off in the cart. It's already been reported in the 'Daz sales problems' thread, so hopefully the missing 5% off discrepancy is fixed...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Usual stuff over at Daz3D.com. The best deal is still the 85% off select legacy items with purchase of a 'glamourous' new release from yesterday's sale I think, which includes this bad boy...

This van is surprisingly versatile/customizable, and comes with some extras - shotgun, shotgun shells (loose and in boxes), an added cot inside to treat your wounded on, removable greebles like the armor plate and reinforced bumper with teddy bear strapped on it, a surfboard, other stuff...

It's also standalone, so you won't need the van model it's based on, although that model can also be pretty useful. Supposedly you can mix and max textures from the other van with this one, but I haven't tried that yet...

Also, there's a new Daz+ stylized car freebie for all of your Men in Black needs!

styledcarblack.jpg

There's also taxi and police car versions. I'll probably try to stuff a couple of sexy gals into this thing just to be silly, I wonder how well the Car Ranger sex poses would work with this...

At least it's not another plant! I haven't checked in the trunk or under the hood to see if there's potted plants hidden inside... I don't think that the trunk or hood can open though, at least not without some extra work...

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote