The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D, nothing to report. They have (at last) dropped the "token" thing, but this does not make the discounts better :(

And at rendo, it is rather similar. They are still in their 40% off sale nonsense, but some sales are at 60% for prime members. Here is the list for today only (and if you lack some skimpy outfits, it includes the SWTrium store).

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
At daz3D, nothing to report. They have (at last) dropped the "token" thing, but this does not make the discounts better :(

And at rendo, it is rather similar. They are still in their 40% off sale nonsense, but some sales are at 60% for prime members. Here is the list for today only (and if you lack some skimpy outfit, it includes the SWTrium store).
1682357080240.png
The have just put up this , a new set of Artist every 2 hours - currently 1416 items of which 381 are Daz Originals

60% seems to be the new top discount, unless it is stacked with the Daz+ discount which takes it to 72%

Not tempted at all ...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I have got an orange banner:

A FREE Gift With Your Next Purchase
Thank you for your loyalty as a Daz+ Member! Please enjoy any 1 of these FREE* when you make any purchase over $1.​
(2400 items)

Indeed, this proposal works as intended, even for a small $1.99 purchase, even for a $2 gift card (with 5% off), and it is not limited in terms of the number of use.
(TBH, these assets are very old, most of them could be purchased for ~$2 in the past, and making several $2 purchases is rapidly tedious, but free is free. )

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I have got an orange banner:

A FREE Gift With Your Next Purchase
Thank you for your loyalty as a Daz+ Member! Please enjoy any 1 of these FREE* when you make any purchase over $1.​
(2400 items)

Indeed, this proposal works as intended, even for a small $1.99 purchase, even for a $2 gift card (with 5% off), and it is not limited in terms of the number of use.
(TBH, these assets are very old, most of them could be purchased for ~$2 in the past, and making several $2 purchases is rapidly tedious, but free is free. )
Uhm, I really feel my Daz+ perks. Like toothache.
Some Gen1-3, years old assets for not even free.
I don't want to get these even if they pay me to download it.
But maybe that's just me.

EVERY decision by the Daz sales team confirms my decision not to renew Daz+.
One or two days ago you could get some never assets for 5.99 or 4.99 with a buyin.
That would have been 1.99 or 2.99 18 months back.

Not to speak about the 500+ assets I have in the wishlist which are close to NEVER go on sale. And with sale I'm talking about 75%+

Good luck with that strategy. Might bring in some newbies, but many veterans will leave.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1682583614639.png

Whose store is 60% off today?
Check out below and come back daily to find out!
These stores will be at 60% off for members - 40% off for all the rest.

24 hours ONLY!

Starting now till 11:59 pm (cdt) Thursday, April 27th.

Disclaimer:

Some vendors are participating in multiple sales events due to the various VGS & sales we have in April.
Some items may be in 2 promotions at the same time and price may be affected depending on the latest event. Kindly note that this is beyond our control.

Mystery Solved:

Reactions: amster22

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I've basically stopped buying from Daz since the Daz Deals plugin changed things so you have to pay to use the "Show Wishlist Only" filter. Has anybody figured out a workflow to make this more tolerable? I suppose it's unikely but not impossible that somebody could step up and write a new plugin that just has the missing features.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I've basically stopped buying from Daz since the Daz Deals plugin changed things so you have to pay to use the "Show Wishlist Only" filter. Has anybody figured out a workflow to make this more tolerable? I suppose it's unikely but not impossible that somebody could step up and write a new plugin that just has the missing features.
1682680553819.png

can be set up to send you notifications for wishlist items on sale; I prefer DazDeals for this, though, because it allows me to set a percentage threshold; however, I use individual notifications much more than that as it is way more flexible, it lets me chose what price I am willing to pay for an item.

All in all I think has paid for itself, particularly the Price History which helps me make a decision if a promo is really as good as it seems

[EDIT] It has been quite a while since any of my wishlist items have been in a sale; individual price notifications have come more often [/EDIT]

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
View attachment 2579161

can be set up to send you notifications for wishlist items on sale; I prefer DazDeals for this, though, because it allows me to set a percentage threshold; however, I use individual notifications much more than that as it is way more flexible, it lets me chose what price I am willing to pay for an item.

All in all I think has paid for itself, particularly the Price History which helps me make a decision if a promo is really as good as it seems

[EDIT] It has been quite a while since any of my wishlist items have been in a sale; individual price notifications have come more often [/EDIT]
Daz deals (not-pro) has the price history and gallery/forum display, and both are very useful.
What lacks in the non-pro version is "Sort by % off" and "Only show wishlist" (and email notifications, but I would gladly pay to have *less* emails in my box).

I find the pricing for the PRO version to very extremely high. $5/month is roughly equivalent to the daz+ subscription (and there is no sale!!). For $6/month, you can get a basic DB/web hosting at most ISP. Even if daz-deals service requires a higher bandwidth and a more expensive hosting, it seems really overpriced and I refused to use it as a matter of principle.

So yes, I miss some features and my daz expenses have been dramatically reduced, but less shopping means more rendering, which is not a bad thing.

Reactions: glassware

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well that would explain why 'sort by % off' is no longer a wishlist option!

A workaround is to 'sort by % off' on the main sales page and check 'wishlist items only', but it's not really the same...

It makes me sad that the Daz Deals plugin guys 'cashed in' like this, but I guess voluntary donations wasn't enough at this point...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
View attachment 2579477

It is still there, it just seems to fall off the edge when the "Filters" menu is visible ...

View attachment 2579462
Yeah that's what I just said. As I said 'that explains why the sort by % off is no longer a Wishlist (page) option. If I click on wishlist on the account menu icon, no % off option in the dropdown, which is what y'all have been going on about. I was wondering why it was gone now, and this 'subscription' discussion explains why it is no longer an option there.

I often do a 'sort entire store by % off' on the main sales page though, that option, as you noted, is still there. I was just calling that out for anyone that might want to sort their 'entire wishlist' and need a workaround.

• Hey there
Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Also, I don't think that this PA understands what a jet is...

Note the prop.

• Haha
Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Yeah that's what I just said. As I said 'that explains why the sort by % off is no longer a Wishlist (page) option. <SNIP>
Maybe I am misunderstanding, I believe that the "sort by %" is a Pro option

1682702367674.png

and with the exception of the "search results" page it appears on all the other product listing pages (I use); on the wishlist page (pictured in my post) it is pushed off the edge by the lefthand filters menu (Artist, Genre, Figure, Software) and the extra DazDeals checkboxes; the "Funnel - Hide Filters" icon/button hides the filters menu and brings back the sort options.

So if you have it on a normal product listing page, you should be able to get it on the wishlist page.

PS - I whittled down my wishlist to 20 from over 700 and now use individual norifications to alert me when products are on sale at a price I believe is suitable, not a perfect mechanism because of Daz's complex deals but much more useful than the Wishlist Notification sledgehammer

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Maybe I am misunderstanding, I believe that the "sort by %" is a Pro option

View attachment 2579808

and with the exception of the "search results" page it appears on all the other product listing pages (I use); on the wishlist page (pictured in my post) it is pushed off the edge by the lefthand filters menu (Artist, Genre, Figure, Software) and the extra DazDeals checkboxes; the "Funnel - Hide Filters" icon/button hides the filters menu and brings back the sort options.

So if you have it on a normal product listing page, you should be able to get it on the wishlist page.

PS - I whittled down my wishlist to 20 from over 700 and now use individual norifications to alert me when products are on sale at a price I believe is suitable, not a perfect mechanism because of Daz's complex deals but much more useful than the Wishlist Notification sledgehammer
Indeed, I used to have the "Only wishslist" and "Sort by %off" options till a couple of weeks ago. Then there was a "bug fix" in the daz deals app that incorrectly checked the PRO subscriptions and it no longer works (at least for me).
Other features (for instance improvements in the product page with the price history, link to readme, forums, etc) are still fully available.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Indeed, I used to have the "Only wishslist" and "Sort by %off" options till a couple of weeks ago. Then there was a "bug fix" in the daz deals app that incorrectly checked the PRO subscriptions and it no longer works (at least for me).
Other features (for instance improvements in the product page with the price history, link to readme, forums, etc) are still fully available.
I understand, whilst double checking my statements I noticed that my primary browser Firefox has v4.0.5, so I added the extension to Opera, that installed version 2.5.1 and the "show wishlist ..." check-box doesn't have a Pro icon next to it.

So, wishlist and sort functionality is probably available there, accepting the limitations and bug v2 had ... until the add-on is updated I guess

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
1682748758071.png

The way programs like this work, there's generally at least two places that have to check something like this, the place that makes this part of the options screen, and the place that actually adds the UI elements to the actual pages. Given that both of them are requiring PRO, it seems unlikely that this was an accident.

I'm also not seeing links to forum threads discussing the product on the product pages, but I don't see this in the options page either. Was this a Daz Deals feature that went away, or a store feature that went away, or did I just get unlucky and only check products that don't have forum threads? Edit: They started showing up now. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch somehow.

Finally, Daz are so dumb for not doing this one themselves, I know lots of people don't like stuff like texture sets for clothing, but it's basically just guaranteed money from me:

1682748953465.png

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
View attachment 2580985

I'm also not seeing links to forum threads discussing the product on the product pages, but I don't see this in the options page either. Was this a Daz Deals feature that went away, or a store feature that went away, or did I just get unlucky and only check products that don't have forum threads?

Finally, Daz are so dumb for not doing this one themselves, I know lots of people don't like stuff like texture sets for clothing, but it's basically just guaranteed money from me:

View attachment 2580988
Most of the time, when a product page loads, no forum/gallery links are displayed, while the price history properly shows (more or less). But if you refresh the page, they generally appear, unless none are associated of course.

But the app seems to have many issues recently.

People complain of course about the lost wishlist feature, but not only.
Maybe, if gallery/forum display does not work for you, you can submit a bug report for your browser/system. I already did that several times and they were quite responsive.

And yes, daz is incredibly stupid to have stopped supporting these devs. I did not find a really usable way to shop efficiently, and my purchases have largely dropped.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote