anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Most important thing first:

Took me really long to notice this, but I wonder if the fleur-de-lys background, on a game figuring a totally crazy mafia family, is a coincidence or a reference to some Stilwater's crazy gang...

On another subject, the reworks of the missions is... hmm, what can describe it better that "amazingly wonderfully marvelous" ? I mean, it add so much depth to the story, and do this in a interesting, funny and entertaining way. Then the idea to mix the two, mission and story, in the last quest of the update ; a real delight.
Talking about the last mission, so much foods for our thoughts in just one quest...
Serpent relation with Eiza's sister, and therefore the Carnefice family. He care for her like... well he isn't her father. And if I remember correctly he also isn't a direct relative (he's not a redhead), but he really care for her.
Siobhan situation in her own family, then her reaction when learning why the DeLuca are here. She wasn't just surprised, it looked more like a "how the fuck is this even possible ?" reaction. The fact she gave the symbol of the family, in order to stop the fights enforce this. Whatever how much she care about the member of the family, if it was a fair trade, she would have left the strongest won. But instead she decided to stop everything and immediately release the girl, what really looks like a, "we shouldn't even have her here".
This lead to something else. The Kazar mole, the disgraced Ombra daughter, the unorthodox moves of the Ombra family. I would even add Wilfred enlightened differently by the replay ; not necessarily in a shady way, but there's more than the initial "more than the surface". MC haven't just jumped in a viper nest, he's also an unexpected player. And with what Blackie (the Pacificatoris representative) said, he don't seem to simply be DeLuca's joker ; looks more like Cordia's dream savior.
And speaking about MC's situation in all this viper nest... He's under contract with the DeLuca family. But also son-like of the Kazar's don and brother-like of the Kazar's heir ; and a beloved son-like. It wasn't evident at first, but Pops don't just want to know why he's with the DeLuca because knowledge is a weapon. He also want to be able to protect MC if it's needed. Then, MC's first, and probably future most faithful, follower (approved by Luna herself) who's the heir of the (late) Carnefice family. And now he's ready to befriend the second daughter of the Ombra family. He's still just a soldato, and he already have a better relation network than probably most Capo.
Edit: Oh, and also this woman he encountered during a mission...

Plus, replaying the game from start was an enlightening experience. Some part of the characters' personality, and their relationship, or thoughts, about each others, become so more visible when you pass through the dialogs with a better knowledge about the characters.
I think it's with Luna/Cordia relationship that it's the most visible. It's only when you know what "My Name Is Luna" teach you about Luna, but also a little about Cordia, that you can understand this relationship. And this knowledge make you see the early scenes in a very different light. Cordia then pass from the cold bitch who despite her daughter (what she seem to be at first), to the tortured mother who deeply love her (what she really is). If Cordia is so cold with Luna, it isn't because of what Luna did (killing her father), but because of what Cordia failed to do (protecting those she love the most) ; Cordia don't hate Luna, she hate herself. And obviously, Luna can't see it, because she hate herself for what she did. It's also why she never really tried to fix her relation with her mother ; Luna believe that she deserve to be treated this way, especially by her.

This is, among so many other things, what really show the efforts you put in your story, HopesGaming ; all those, "OMFG ! Of course it's that, now that I read it again I wonder how I failed to understand it the first time", that cross our minds. An attention to the details, but also an effective application of the knowledge.
Like by example MC invading Cordia's office. What could have, at first, puzzled the players, take all its sense later. The first time, say nothing and forgive. The second time, try to understand, then forgive. The third time do not forgive. It's Wilfred teaching, and Cordia applied it to the letter. There were a strong and rational reason behind MC being still alive ; it's just that us, players, learned it later.

Just one bad word to say. Uncle Mustache ? Really ? The early 20th called, they want their dandy back :D

Oh and, obviously, praised be Filius Canis, Filius Canis is our only god and only hope :p

Last edited:

mikel8519

May 11, 2020
So how's the so called MC? Still litle shit? or is there some progress with him? All girls are super strong and super cute and even super smart lol so why MC is shit? I like the bater MC got with girls ...it is so rare this days to see it a man whos knows how to talk not just obey .... Really good job with it. Is there any sexy like really scene now?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So how's the so called MC? Still litle shit? or is there some progress with him? All girls are super strong and super cute and even super smart lol so why MC is shit? I like the bater MC got with girls ...it is so rare this days to see it a man whos knows how to talk not just obey .... Really good job with it. Is there any sexy like really scene now?
NO, you can't play the increadilble Gottardo or Seprent or Wilfred? No, I think it was the one with the beard, saw him with Gracie on a mission sometime ago, but his name:unsure::unsure::unsure:

And yes no sex scene with the main girl yet.

Was there anything else?
Ah, sure, MC is a shit as always. He is such a simp, even a beta male would look like an alpha male behind him. A wonder that the girls wasn't stolen yet by a group of big, black, maned polo players.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Yeah, I know.
It can be really disappointing to see a MC who doesn't brag about some imaginary strength and prefer to stay low ; a MC who isn't a pure ignorant douche, believing he's alpha as fuck, but feeling the need to regularly insult a virtual character in order to have some kind of erection. But don't worry, there's enough games around there. I'm sure that you can find some that don't need to have past 5th grade to be understood, and which have a MC with which you can identify.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
When you consider that the MC's strength has already been clearly and categorically defined, in the story, as being his ability to make others not notice, or underestimate him, it's pretty clear that he's not supposed to be a Mr. Macho.
He's someone who observes and uses the opponent's weaknesses, to capitalise.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
So how's the so called MC? Still litle shit? or is there some progress with him? All girls are super strong and super cute and even super smart lol so why MC is shit?
I think you are projecting too much of your own personality on the MC. As the game clearly shows he is intelligent and has some skills. He's just not drumming his chest all of the time - because he doesn't need to.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
When you consider that the MC's strength has already been clearly and categorically defined, in the story, as being his ability to make others not notice, or underestimate him, it's pretty clear that he's not supposed to be a Mr. Macho.
He's someone who observes and uses the opponent's weaknesses, to capitalise.
Not only it have been defined, but it also have been applied.
Both in the flashback from his past, but also with him categorically denying to have won his fight against this Ombra capo. And this being a big third of a whole quest, it need to be really blind to not see it.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
lol Nah, don't forget, his arms are gonna be equally puny! Not enough strength in them, to break a bone! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
It is confirmed. Hope does a next big overhaul and change the MCs image. I've received an exclusive preview access to the new image of the MC:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Don't know why I was expecting a pic of Rock from Midlife Crisis......
What I do for friends.... :whistle::censored:

Last edited:

uhhhok

Sep 24, 2020
I think you are projecting too much of your own personality on the MC. As the game clearly shows he is intelligent and has some skills. He's just not drumming his chest all of the time - because he doesn't need to.
lol why are so mad, he just said his opinion about a fictional mc of a game, that is just his perspective.

I mean, I get it if u guys hate on trolls but not tolerating anyone that is saying something bad about the game is a little corny and obsessive.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
lol why are so mad, he just said his opinion about a fictional mc of a game, that is just his perspective.

I mean, I get it if u guys hate on trolls but not tolerating anyone that is saying something bad about the game is a little corny and obsessive.
It is about the HOW he has done that.
Instead of his semi passive agressive statements he could have written that in a more neutral tone and I believe we all woudn't have reacted the way we have. ;)

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Well, it is quite an aggressive start barging into a thread and using foul language to talk about the game. The opinion you are referring to could easily be expressed in an acceptable way.

Also the underlying discrepancy here between the poster's obvious self image and how he comes over needed a comment.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Carta already said about the original poster's tone, and yes as he said it could have been put in much better words.

For instance, if it was me I would have phrased it as "Does the MC still act like a wimp/coward when he is in dangerous situation?"
Much better than continuously saying "shit" again, and again.

Also, how is MC currently being a wimp/coward (or in original poster's words "shit" lol) actually a bad thing (about the game)?

There's this thing called character development, you know lol.
The dev (HopesGaming) said before that the MC is supposed to be a coward now, but will go through transformation (both emotionally and physically) with certain events in the future where he will be capable and even dangerous (to his enemies).

From the original posters' comments, it seems like he's basically expecting a Gary Stu character in the MC (even when he's not even ready) from the get-go, and that's not what this game is supposed to be.
So as Carta said, he's basically just projecting what he wants the MC to be currently (which he is not), but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: mikel8519
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes