Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah, version 0.0.8 is done. Not the whole game.

Just to put it in percentage: The game was on version 0.0.7.2 (actually 0.07.2 ... inconsistency in version numbers...)
So about 7.2% done.
Now we get to 8% after 13 months.
0.8% advancement.
This would mean that the VN needs at least 10 to 12 years to finish.
Even if we're generous and say it was slow because covid and double the production speed, it's still 5 years from now.

But for now: 1+ year for presumably this little process is a joke.
This is why I stopped supporting.
It's the Star Citizen of VNs.
Version numbers don't work that way. They are counters. "0.9" has nothing to do with "90% finished" and usually the next one would be "0.10" which doesn't mean "10% finished" either. "0.07" generally just means "the 7th version, not counting bugfixes" but it doesn't tell you whether it is the 7th of 8 or the 7th of 428979.

Sure, some devs try to make it that "percentage" way, but even they often fail because stuff happens and percentages are hard to be estimated - if you even have any idea at all how much stuff you will still introduce or cut from your plans because whatever. But generally version numbers don't work that way and very differently between different devs.

As for the completion percentage, Hopes said it is about 30%. But that's also just a guess.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021
Yeah, version 0.0.8 is done. Not the whole game.

Just to put it in percentage: The game was on version 0.0.7.2 (actually 0.07.2 ... inconsistency in version numbers...)
So about 7.2% done.
Now we get to 8% after 13 months.
0.8% advancement.
This would mean that the VN needs at least 10 to 12 years to finish.
Even if we're generous and say it was slow because covid and double the production speed, it's still 5 years from now.

But for now: 1+ year for presumably this little process is a joke.
This is why I stopped supporting.
It's the Star Citizen of VNs.
If you think this comment is even remotely true then you have no clue how games work here. versions do not and cannot truly tell how far along the game is. There are devs who when finishing a "chapter" will say chapter without a version number when some do. Some chapters are in one game. While other games have as many games as chapters. version numbers are not definite. Hell some people rework a game at version 1.0 and then call it 2.0. Calling the Deluca family the "Star Citizen of VNs" clearly the dumbest part. Star citizen devs is more than one person. Hopes is one person. star citizen, last I paid attention, have their donators give them money for ships in the game at an enormous sum. Hopes does not. You think you are comparing a green apple to red apples. When you really comparing apples to coconuts. Which makes no sense unlessing you are teaching a health class. So either you are new, a person who doesn't pay attention or someone who thinks trolling is a respectable profession.

Reactions: jamesonwulf

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1648820871381.png
APR 1, 2022 AT 4:44 PM
Dev post 0.0.8 #12

Hey DeLucas!

Very quick note today.
Game is done! Just adding the last few renders I may have missed or have to add.
Then it is about adding the codes and assemble it together.
Give it to the beta testers and proofreader.

Hope ya guys will enjoy this update! New important character, a lot of MC character development, and good progress with Gracie!

-HG

maxxlim

Mar 14, 2021
View attachment 1733947
Dev post 0.0.8 #12

Hey DeLucas!

Very quick note today.
Game is done! Just adding the last few renders I may have missed or have to add.

Hope ya guys will enjoy this update! New important character, a lot of MC character development, and good progress with Gracie!

-HG
Wow. One month to type this. Perhaps another to inform us that there's been some "unfortunate" circumstances and delay the release :LOL:

Nov 16, 2021
View attachment 1733947
Dev post 0.0.8 #12

Hey DeLucas!

Very quick note today.

-HG
That look....Caught Gracie AND the MC doing naughty things. :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:

Thierry29

Jun 3, 2017
1 april..... Joke or not joke. what can be a Deluca joke on 1st April ?

pffffffff one new image and then so many questions and expectation about it lollllllll

Reactions: Kylar Stern

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
View attachment 1733947
Dev post 0.0.8 #12

Hey DeLucas!

Very quick note today.

-HG
Oh very nice.
A lot of games from other devs as well are releasing this month, and if all goes without a hitch I guess we can DeLuca to that list.

Looking much forward to it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rovenant

bboyflashy

May 31, 2020
View attachment 1733947
Dev post 0.0.8 #12

Hey DeLucas!

Very quick note today.

-HG
Hope this ain't a April Fools joke.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes