TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
F95 is a bubble and this thread is a great example of that.

Regulars spamming people into oblivion that have a less than reverent opinion of the VN is effective at controlling the narrative but it hasn't stopped patrons unsubbing in droves.

After the fiasco that has been the timeline of this update id expect another large dropoff after the release-only patrons have the product in hand.

Basically, patrons are voicing their disapproval with their wallets rather than getting into unnecessary arguments in this thread.
I'll take your word for it. I don't care enough to look into it, since i'm not a patron. At least not yet. My rule of thumb is that I will not "rent" a game. I will only buy it for a one time payment upon completion, offering between 20 to 60 dollars depending on the quality level. That's about what you pay for double/triple A games without any "deluxe edition" frills so that seems amply fair to me.

But your claims sound plausible enough. If I were a monthly patron, I would have stopped too. And i'd probably be rather cross. I hope that won't lead to the game being abandoned. But it might. That's how these things tend to go.

As i've said...Patrons have EVERY right to complain and gripe at the delays. I am patient(more or less, hehe) because...at least for the time being....I'm a useless freeloader. If the Patrons are deserting that's between the Dev and the Patrons. It is both figuratively and literally, not my business.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I always got more of the impression that Gracie is autistic, not psychopathic.
She's either psychopathic or sociopathic. I used to know the difference but the two have blurred together in my head over the years and I'm just too lazy to refresh my own memory on the subject.

There's been tons of hints...her extremely high intelligence, but black-and-white view of morality. Indicative of someone who has no intuitive/instinctive grasp of moral behavior. To her actions are moral because she has read a book that tells her they are or are not. Or because the people in her inner circle have told her that they are or are not.

Her ability to almost flawlessly predict what other people will do but have her entire plan nuked by her inability to understand an irrational reaction. She can predict what people will do intellectually. And she has enough academic understanding of psychology to even predict their emotions and what the appropriate (according to the textbooks) emotional response will be. Right up until those emotional responses result in an action that the books failed to predict, but a person with empathy could have easily anticipated.

The way she can flip on a dime from treating Isabelle with cold blooded apathy to treating her like a long lost sister...and pull a comparable emotional U-turn on the MC minutes later, from having treated him very favorably right up until the moment she realized he'd outmaneuvered her somehow...taken her control and power. And just like that she immediately directed that cold-blooded apathy straight at him. Yeah she plays it off seconds later like it was just a joke. And if you believe that, I have an excellent investment opportunity I would like you to seriously consider. A bridge in San Fransisco...

Cordia's fear(Or at least wariness) of what Gracie would become if allowed to be part of the family business(and Uncle's giddy anticipation of the same)

Gracie has no natural moral compass or ability to empathize with others. She performs the actions that she has been taught are moral, because she's seen the pros and cons associated with such actions and weighs them accordingly. She values the people who make her feel good/safe/valued and devalues the people who make her feel otherwise.

At least that's my take on Gracie thus far. This upcoming Gracie-heavy update will prove me right or wrong, I suppose.

Last edited:

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
Also, another thing you should be aware of is, while johnelros has been the usual go-to patron who ports Hopes' dev posts from the Patreon till now (for people in the zone), in April he stated Visa suspended operations in Russia and he couldn't pay Patreon pledges any more.

He seems to be back to normal now (considering he's porting other games' dev posts), but it's unclear whether he'll continue doing it for DeLuca.
Unfortunately I don't. Let's just say I have some agreement with that dev and he sends me his posts by PM. And another dev charges per major update so I haven't lost access to his page yet.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

No, new post on Patreon.
And I'm not that active on Discord...
View attachment 1849503
Another job for our local scholar?:unsure:
View attachment 1849504 View attachment 1849505 View attachment 1849508
By scholar, If you're referring to me (though I guess it could very well be not be me as well heh), nah..... Hopes seems to be specifically asking for people who have "a bit of knowledge of renpy engine and knowledge to read the error log" so I'm probably under-qualified I think (especially renpy engine part).

Best to leave it to people who know their stuff regarding that (if I volunteer, I'm probably gonna end up looking like an idiot).

And yeah, I'm hardly ever on the discord as well.

p.s. Huh, some of those assets on those pics look a bit familiar.

Last edited:

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020

No, new post on Patreon.
And I'm not that active on Discord...
View attachment 1849503
Another job for our local scholar?:unsure:
View attachment 1849504 View attachment 1849505 View attachment 1849508
I wasn't asking you to check immediately, but you are so nice that you did anyway. Was just hoping that if you happen to see anything and wanted to repost that would be awesome.

I knew not to believe those terrible things JJJ84 is always saying about you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

justsum

Mar 22, 2020
I don't think Gracie is a psychopath or sociopath. I think she is sociably inept to a great degree and wants to be a part of the family business. She also resents being protected (excluded) from family business and is having nothing of it (being excluded) anymore. Luna on the other hand is a different story all together. That chick is something they haven't given a name for yet, Phycoscycotic? The Dona has obviously passed down the sociably inept trait.
#wheresmyeightpointohhhh

ArtKing22

Jun 16, 2017
to be honest.
if i had to give Grace a position in the family..
that would be the right hand, just like Wilfred
and lets be real here.. Wilfred is probably the smartest and most cunning person in the family
he is without a doubt the brain of the Delucas
it's like he is the necessary evil that keeps the Deluca on top..

and i think the reason for him insisting on training Grace
is be cause he knows that she can and will be his successor
maybe he sees too much of himself in her? or maybe he saw that she already surpassed him
and she just need to be taught the rules and such..

and that's exactly why Cordia doesn't want him to train Grace
Because she doesn't want her daughter to be like him.

Last edited:

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I don't think Gracie is a psychopath or sociopath. I think she is sociably inept to a great degree and wants to be a part of the family business. She also resents being protected (excluded) from family business and is having nothing of it (being excluded) anymore. Luna on the other hand is a different story all together. That chick is something they haven't given a name for yet, Phycoscycotic? The Dona has obviously passed down the sociably inept trait.
#wheresmyeightpointohhhh
I don't think either of them are psychopaths or sociopaths. Although both terms are a bit wooly as neither are considered a proper diagnosis, neither girls show signs they are complete versions of what is general considered the markers. Indeed it's been shown that most of us have at least one of those flags, at least at a low level.

Sociopaths tend be aggressive or abusive and that would fit Luna, but they traditionally are considered to be both manipulative for the sake of their own benefit and have little to no guilt or remorse for their actions. Certainly after discussions with the MC, Luna wouldn't fall into that category. She'll kill without a second though but during the attack on the compound, she experienced a whole range of emotions when she realised the MC had seen her "doing her thing"

Grace is a bit less clear cut as, whilst being less... stabbey than her sister, she does experience the same amount of impulsiveness. However she's seen to be actively trying to engage with her peers, whereas psychopaths traditionally tend to be the opposite and shy away

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
By scholar, If you're referring to me (though I guess it could very well be not be me as well heh), nah..... Hopes seems to be specifically asking for people who have "a bit of knowledge of renpy engine and knowledge to read the error log" so I'm probably under-qualified I think (especially renpy engine part).

Best to leave it to people who know their stuff regarding that (if I volunteer, I'm probably gonna end up looking like an idiot).

And yeah, I'm hardly ever on the discord as well.

p.s. Huh, some of those assets on those pics look a bit familiar.
The renpy knowledge put me off as well. I test software professionally but I've never done work on this so didn't want to offer only to have to back out like a plum

JakeKayden

Oct 28, 2021
I don't think either of them are psychopaths or sociopaths. Although both terms are a bit wooly as neither are considered a proper diagnosis, neither girls show signs they are complete versions of what is general considered the markers. Indeed it's been shown that most of us have at least one of those flags, at least at a low level.

Sociopaths tend be aggressive or abusive and that would fit Luna, but they traditionally are considered to be both manipulative for the sake of their own benefit and have little to no guilt or remorse for their actions. Certainly after discussions with the MC, Luna wouldn't fall into that category. She'll kill without a second though but during the attack on the compound, she experienced a whole range of emotions when she realised the MC had seen her "doing her thing"

Grace is a bit less clear cut as, whilst being less... stabbey than her sister, she does experience the same amount of impulsiveness. However she's seen to be actively trying to engage with her peers, whereas psychopaths traditionally tend to be the opposite and shy away
yahh dont diss gracie shes just like wilfred tend to use their smarts for their own gain/ family gain and certainly dont want to have a move behind their backs like the mc setting up cameras/audio recording in her room after all shes too smart so she feel like the mc is doing something that she dont know

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes