HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I wish creators would warn you when their "game" is really a novel. Nothing against that, it's just when I play a game, I want a game. I don't like spending most of the time reading. If I did, I'd pick up a book. I wore my finger out skipping past two hours of dialogue.
You do realize that these are AVN's, Adult Visual NOVEL? Of course they are not conventional games, the game part is usually from the choices you make. You know......as in what, 98% of the VN's on this forum......

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
You do realize that these are AVN's, Adult Visual NOVEL? Of course they are not conventional games, the game part is usually from the choices you make. You know......as in what, 98% of the VN's on this forum......
Don't use logic hornyy.;) Someone told us that not long ago.:whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: shitass1001

ShaggyDhs

Sep 14, 2017
I've downloaded games from here that aren't that dialogue heavy, and I've seen games with the visual novel tag, I skip those. Not all the games here are visual novels. I've seen descriptions of games here that tell you if they are novels are not as well. There's a balance of games here.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
considering what we just got from them, with their leader coming back, and trying to make peace, it wouldn't make sense to be them.
It can still be rogue members devoted to Mina.

She's clearly and totally pissed out. It wouldn't be too surprising that she decided to pass her anger on the DeLuca, and by then finally starts the war she want. It make sense since she's convinced that they are weak, and that the Ombra is the strongest family. Getting rid of the DeLuca would be the best way to assert her family position, while proving Nazazi that she isn't weak and an useless incompetent idiot. After all, we saw her threatening to kill the heir of the Silverino family, something that by itself could have had big consequences.
It would also fit the story. An opened war right now don't seem to make real sense, there's still too many unknowns regarding MC, and the background don't feel totally set yet. Still, an opened war is the only possible consequence after what happened. Until now the DeLuca were measured in their retaliation, but only because the offense were low. Here it's radically different. The core family have been directly targeted, in its territory and its main house, and on top of that one of its members have been hit...
This is a war declaration, and a no limits war. The Pacificatoris wouldn't be able to prevent this. They hit the third child of Dona DeLuca, it's not some random deaths that can avenge this. Cordia had the head of a heir for less than that. And of course, the alliances would play, in no time all the families would be involved.

But, if it's rogue members of the Ombra family following Mina's orders, it can be solved without war. Nazazi want to get rid of the untrustworthy members... Offering their heads (possibly even Mina's one) to the DeLuca would achieve this, while in the same time preventing the war.

Reactions: Mortarion and c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
We will see where this leads us. What we think is, that Luna won't stop until she found the one who shoot at her sister and want to have her revenge/justice done with her own hands.

If they are rogue members of the Ombra family, perhaps Nazazi and Shioban will work together with the Delucas to uncover the plot. We wouldn't have anything against to see more of Shiabon too.:love:

Reactions: JJJ84 and deuxrayme

Damien Stark

Jan 26, 2018
I did have a similar frustration.
This is explicitly NOT tagged as a Visual Novel above - which makes sense, as the first third or so of the game tries to be a real game. There's a stat array you manipulate with gear you purchase with money, there's a grid-based map for scenarios where you explore looking for clues and secrets, trying to beat challenges with skill checks.

But after that first third it seems the gameplay part just gets abandoned in favor of the VN stuff. And it seems the recent updates focus more on the no-gameplay mode and VN content. It's a great VN, I'm not here to complain about that, but the fact that it's not tagged VN here seems like it will draw people looking for gameplay and disappoint them, while also getting missed by some folks looking for a VN and not realizing this really is one.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
It's a great VN, I'm not here to complain about that, but the fact that it's not tagged VN here seems like it will draw people looking for gameplay and disappoint them, while also getting missed by some folks looking for a VN and not realizing this really is one.
There is a solution here. Report the game and write that it should have the VN tag. Tags aren't assigned by devs, perhaps by the ones that are thread owner, but not by devs that don't own the thread. Uploaders don't play each game and update to see whicht tag are needed and which tags are incorrect.
Thus tagging depens a lot of people reporting which tags a game should have.

Reactions: Cartageno

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
It can still be rogue members devoted to Mina.

She's clearly and totally pissed out. It wouldn't be too surprising that she decided to pass her anger on the DeLuca, and by then finally starts the war she want. It make sense since she's convinced that they are weak, and that the Ombra is the strongest family. Getting rid of the DeLuca would be the best way to assert her family position, while proving Nazazi that she isn't weak and an useless incompetent idiot. After all, we saw her threatening to kill the heir of the Silverino family, something that by itself could have had big consequences.
It would also fit the story. An opened war right now don't seem to make real sense, there's still too many unknowns regarding MC, and the background don't feel totally set yet. Still, an opened war is the only possible consequence after what happened. Until now the DeLuca were measured in their retaliation, but only because the offense were low. Here it's radically different. The core family have been directly targeted, in its territory and its main house, and on top of that one of its members have been hit...
This is a war declaration, and a no limits war. The Pacificatoris wouldn't be able to prevent this. They hit the third child of Dona DeLuca, it's not some random deaths that can avenge this. Cordia had the head of a heir for less than that. And of course, the alliances would play, in no time all the families would be involved.

But, if it's rogue members of the Ombra family following Mina's orders, it can be solved without war. Nazazi want to get rid of the untrustworthy members... Offering their heads (possibly even Mina's one) to the DeLuca would achieve this, while in the same time preventing the war.
The Don just killed one of his own in front of his "soldiers" and family, for taking Mina's side, and sent his daughter to deliver the course as a apology to the Deluca family, then removed Mina's leading powers, i would highly doubt anyone would have the balls to not only support Mina but get into an all out war right after that, specially when the daughter would be there as well (as she was going to Deluca's Estate).

To this we need to add the problem of firepower, its not like Deluca's are a small family, that kill shot would require the enemies to invade the perimeter first, and they don't have much firepower, much less if its just one portion of the Ombra family.

Imo we saw all this from the Ombra family to explain why they would be arriving soon to the Deluca Estate, and why they would help.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
We will see where this leads us. What we think is, that Luna won't stop until she found the one who shoot at her sister and want to have her revenge/justice done with her own hands.
Not sure she will, or even that someone would let her do it, before she see Gracie walking again. I can be wrong, but right now she seem to be back in the early days after her release.
The Luna you talk about, and that we all love, would have jumped through the window and already started the hunt. But the one we saw was young Luna. Look at her saying that all those she care for are destined to die, and the way she's totally deaf to MC saying that Gracie is not dead. I'm almost sure that she saw Sofia's body over Gracie's one.

If they are rogue members of the Ombra family, perhaps Nazazi and Shioban will work together with the Delucas to uncover the plot.
We don't know how many times have passed since the attack against the warehouse, but it seem clear that it's in between that she changed her mind and decided to stay in the family. Her encounter with Nazario is the main reason, but look at her when she talk about MC.
She's clearly intrigued and interested by the dynamic she witnessed ; a soldato who nearly ordered capos, and capos who didn't cared to follow a soldato's lead... It's far from the tyrannic organization that seem to have been the rule in the Ombra family under Mina's lead. Plus, this soldato really cared about Fina, a girl he know nothing about, what is far from the cold heart Mina have.
It's not impossible that this encounter was what decided her to stay and use what she learned from Nazario in order to awake her father and take the lead. She saw that there's more than one way to be a Family, and that a way matching her principles is possible.

Anyway there's a constant so far.
MC shared his youth with Jalen. They influenced each other, share a strong bound and more or less the same vision of the world.
Shioban had a pleasant interaction with MC, and seem to have thought a lot about him since this. She have nothing more than curiosity for him so far, but she was at the warehouse to be sure that the prisoner where treated with care.
After wanting to kill him by contract, Eiza was ready to face, and probably fight if needed, Luna to prove that her place is at MC's side.
While the Carnefice aren't anymore, it's three heirs that interacted with MC and weren't at all indifferent to this/those interaction(s).

So far, after obviously Cordia and Wilfred, MC is the DeLuca (among the most seen ones) that have the more links with other families, and the best relations. Antonio is too much led by his aggressiveness, Luna too lunatically crazy, and Gracie still too soft. But MC, everyone he interact with seem to like him for a reason or another. Even Wilfred, behind his many schemes, seem to have a soft spot for him, and not just because of who he is.
He's someone who let no one indifferent, even those he fight with. And so far he defeated two promising recrues, while in the same time earning their respect.
It remind me why Cordia created the Serpents, and what they fought for. She wanted a change, and had to become a Dona for it to not be ephemeral. As far as the story goes for now, MC is achieving the same without the need to kill someone, what could make the change be stronger.

So, don't worry, I'm sure that we will she Siobhan more, and perhaps even more of Siobhan

Edit: Really too obvious typo.

Last edited:

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
man this was short , how long was it? an hour reading vs a year wait ?
should have been a couple of month for this volume
hope he doesn't do a reboot again
there are far to many characters and story elements for his current output

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I've downloaded games from here that aren't that dialogue heavy, and I've seen games with the visual novel tag, I skip those. Not all the games here are visual novels. I've seen descriptions of games here that tell you if they are novels are not as well. There's a balance of games here.
Anything made with RenPy is a visual novel by default. It's a visual novel engine. Some of those visual novels have interactive choices which means they are also games. Others don't have that, so they are kinetic novels (not really games) and usually tagged as such. The amount of reading one likes or dislikes doing, is completely irrelevant to something being a game or not.

lavilao

Nov 8, 2020
All translation are done by volunteers.
If the French translation no longer works, it means the volunteers either stopped working on it, or they haven't updated the translation yet.
Dunno which it is, though.

Which confrontation do you mean?

My canon playthrough is Netori route (didn't choose friendship route), but even so, the only difference that I'm seeing in the gallery is that Netori route has the event "A Soldier's Sacrifice" playing.
So I'm guessing you're referring to "Fly White Bird, Fly" event?

I would have thought for Friendship route, it would play out slightly differently (but I wouldn't know, since I didn't pursue that path).
the event where isabel tells you she saw you and gracie. The name is triaquaedam, in the dialog mc says "Im dead because of grinding with the familys daughter but not for bj with the don's wife?" or something like that and thats a ntr interaction which I did not do.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
But after that first third it seems the gameplay part just gets abandoned in favor of the VN stuff. And it seems the recent updates focus more on the no-gameplay mode and VN content. It's a great VN, I'm not here to complain about that, but the fact that it's not tagged VN here seems like it will draw people looking for gameplay and disappoint them, while also getting missed by some folks looking for a VN and not realizing this really is one.
That's not really true.

It's just the way things are with rotation of content.
Before the Wilfred's Contracts gameplay was introduced with v0.07, game always used to to release content in the following format:

Main story/Main Event → Girls lewd/Freeroam → Main story/Main Event ''

(sometimes thing may be mixed up where it's 1 main event + 1 girls lewd etc depending on circumstances, but regardless, it all goes around, content dependent on the rotation).

With Contracts coming into gameplay (and into rotation), it's obvious there will be times where it would be lacking in gameplay because the focus would be more on VN.
However, even with VN parts, the contracts gameplay mechanic had been interspersed;

Outside the D-contracts, Ombra mission had at least one gameplay part.
Not to mention Gracie's events in v0.08 which had at least 2 or 3 gameplay using the same mechanic.

Also, I think some people might be under the misconception that just because it has "sandbox" tag that it's a full blown sandbox game.
While for some that may be true, that's not always the case.

Sandbox tag gets applied whenever Sandbox gameplay elements are in the game.
Whether it's in 80% of the game, or 50% of the game or 20% of the game. Doesn't matter.
As long as it's there, it's treated as such (with DeLuca, I see it more as moderate-sandbox, with the Wilfred's contracts gameplay system).

In the end, it all is dependent on how much sandbox the dev wants to insert in (but the tag rules still applies the sandbox tag).

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
the event where isabel tells you she saw you and gracie. The name is triaquaedam, in the dialog mc says "Im dead because of grinding with the familys daughter but not for bj with the don's wife?" or something like that and thats a ntr interaction which I did not do.
Huh, I thought the Triaquaedam event wouldn't trigger if the player chose Friendship route.
Guess it's not the case.

But I chose the Netori path, so I wouldn't know.

lavilao

Nov 8, 2020
It happened to me too HopesGaming
This isn't the easiest game to parse through but if i get this right, there is no "Friend route" in the code at all, the only thing that changes that scene is if you flirt or not, which is a real shame.
Hope its released in said part 2.
I just avoided the event and continued the story, I too hope in the next update the event has the friendship route.

Reactions: operamini

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I did have a similar frustration.
This is explicitly NOT tagged as a Visual Novel above - which makes sense, as the first third or so of the game tries to be a real game. There's a stat array you manipulate with gear you purchase with money, there's a grid-based map for scenarios where you explore looking for clues and secrets, trying to beat challenges with skill checks.

Apart from what others have said: if this were to be tagged as a Visual Novel there would be complaints by others since it isn't a pure VN - it contains all the stuff mentioned, inventory, time management, collecting cash, and so forth. Thus is has the tag "sandbox" - which is there for precisely this kind of game. And sandboxes (on this site) almost always include VN like story elements between the roaming around and getting stuff. And even without the "VN" tag and with the "Sandbox" tag, there have been complaints in this thread en masse about too much gameplay and not enough story.

After all, those tags are only rough estimates of what to await. Everything, be it a kink or a gameplay style, is on a scale. How much reading, how much grinding, how much MILF, how much whatever. And where on the scale you want to be warned/informed will differ depending on who "you" is. There will be no "one size fits all". But I personally would be very astonished if this got the VN tag because it is way below the median in being a VN and that tag - correctly or incorrectly - does not appear that often.

Damien Stark

Jan 26, 2018
Apart from what others have said: if this were to be tagged as a Visual Novel there would be complaints by others since it isn't a pure VN - it contains all the stuff mentioned, inventory, time management, collecting cash, and so forth. Thus is has the tag "sandbox" - which is there for precisely this kind of game. And sandboxes (on this site) almost always include VN like story elements between the roaming around and getting stuff. And even without the "VN" tag and with the "Sandbox" tag, there have been complaints in this thread en masse about too much gameplay and not enough story.

After all, those tags are only rough estimates of what to await. Everything, be it a kink or a gameplay style, is on a scale. How much reading, how much grinding, how much MILF, how much whatever. And where on the scale you want to be warned/informed will differ depending on who "you" is. There will be no "one size fits all". But I personally would be very astonished if this got the VN tag because it is way below the median in being a VN and that tag - correctly or incorrectly - does not appear that often.
Agreed, I don't think tagging this game with VN is the right solution, for the reasons you mentioned. Although it does have a dedicated "VN mode" straight from the menu when you start the game, which should address the problem for folks coming in for a VN and not wanting any gameplay.

It's just frustrating that the gameplay drops off so sharply mid-way through, and predictable that this will not be the priority with new releases, as everyone will be understandably clamoring for more story and pron.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
It's just frustrating that the gameplay drops off so sharply mid-way through, and predictable that this will not be the priority with new releases, as everyone will be understandably clamoring for more story and pron.
That's the thing though.
DeLuca was never meant to be a gameplay-first game (even though it has some gameplay aspects with Full Experience mode).

It was always meant to be story-comes-first game even before the contracts were revamped in v0.07 (it's just the way the dev set up and planned the game since the beginning. So everyone clamoring for more story doesn't really have anything to do with it), though now I guess they're in the mix with rotation.

Perhaps in your case, it's the misplaced expectations (and I don't mean any offense by this, of course)?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 495 Votes