Zorrion

Mar 18, 2020
I'm replaying this game but did they add new content I don't remember some of these scenes although it has been like a year or two

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Really? Cordia is born on February 31st? :LOL:
Yes. And she dislike cold tea and like hot tea.
I think Gracie near-death situation( lets be honest no way hopes kills gracie unless he wants an angry mob to burn him alive) will finally allow us to get rid of the passive/reactive MC and see a more bloodthirsty/revenge seeking one if only temporarily.
No.....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: matschbirne

Thierry29

Jun 3, 2017
Question for only Deluca's fan ^^

if my memories is not to weak: When MC does contracts, he meet a old man who known is father. The old man initiated the contract( only 1 time event with the dog). is he Nazario ?

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018

if my memories is not to weak: When MC does contracts, he meet a old man who known is father. The old man initiated the contract( only 1 time event with the dog). is he Nazario ?
Don't think so.
I remember his 'name' was steadfast

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019

that's what I thought, too.:unsure:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017

Gio

Modder
Aug 12, 2016
I wish you could build in a complete mission cheat cause they suck to the point that I deleted this game! I liked it when it first came out but sometimes "re-inventing the wheel" is not a good thing...

This mission nonsense is too much like an RPG game mixed with a mid 1970's DOS game [on a 5.25" floppy] and I'm over it!
there are pictures,story etc in missions so I dont see any1 doing it

Sille

Jan 5, 2021
Hello... In the whole game, MC has sex (penetration) with only one girl (Eiza) ???!..
or something is not working properly in my game..
Thank you!

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
And you always could use a bigger gun...
The Deluca mansion is in the city they control. So, if one with a weapon would fire upon that mansion, then they already have failed. Sure, bullet proof glass can withstand some projectils, but it is a question of the design. Thus, what calibre should the bullet proof glass withstand?
Guns and assault rifles? For that you would need to be in the perimeter of the mansion itself, where your (normal) guard should keep you safe.
But against 0.50" / 12.7 mm or higher, even AP rounds?
Good Defense Systems are built in layers, you don't ignore all other defense options just because you also have guards, They are a crime family, sooner or later there could be a war, in which case you want to be prepared, specially when you have a mansion full of windows it quickly becomes a weak point to be explored, as entry points as well, by having the windows bullet proof it makes all lower caliber weapons that would be most useful in an assault not effective against it, forcing the attackers to enter through the main doors limiting their choices, and making sure the Delucas are relatively safe inside, of course it wouldn't stop a armor penetrating 50 cal for example, but you can't make an army out of 50 cal guys.
Do Mina really care ?
Sending someone strike in a main house. Believing that her Family is still among the most powerful while they lost everything above the capo rank, before saying the opposite when facing Nazazi to make him looks crazy. Threatening to kill the heir of the Silverino Family. Believing that the Silverino is still a totally insignificant Family. Trying to lecture Nazazi right after, and because, he killed the guy that pulled a gun on him.
We can't really say that she's smart.

But what we can say is that she maintains a certain animosity against the DeLuca ; probably because they sided with the Carnefice and are still reluctant to use the service of the Ombra Family. I'm sure that there's many people outside of the Ombra Family that she could have sent to kill MC. Yet she choose the heir of the defunct Carnefice Family, and knowingly sent her strike in the main house, when she could have had him killed during one of his many solo mission (the one that happen behind the game because he haven't had only five missions so far). Whatever if Eiza succeeded or not. The heir Carnefice killing, or at least trying to kill, someone in the DeLuca main house... It's like a sister backstabbing her brother, an irony that Mina surely savored, and what a shame for the DeLuca Family.
We also know, again thanks to Siobhan, that Mina is scheming since apparently a long time. Deluded as she is, she probably believe that she now have strong alliances with the other Families, and that they would stand at her side in case of war against the relatively disliked DeLuca.
Of course, Nazazi wouldn't agree to this war, but would he have the choice ? Since striking directly the main house is a war declaration, and everyone believe that the DeLuca are a bunch of crazy guys, Mina can perfectly believe that the war would be unavoidable and that Nazazi wouldn't have other choice than to fight back. In fact, him getting back the control, and even more his apologies, serve a deluded Mina scheme ; "Our Don apologized before the strike, and we clearly said that it was some rogue members that we disapprove who did it. And look at those crazy DeLuca, they still started a war ! It's not our fault, you all agree, right ? So, my friends, you'll stand at our size, right ?"

Once again, I don't say that it's what happened, just that it make sense.
That would need to be on the backs of both the Don and the daughter, else the daughter would have said something to the Don considering she has her head in the right place, she would also need most of the family as they don't have much menpower, you just dont pull something like that off without anyone noticing.
Except that it's not what we know.
Nazazi is broken since the day he killed Efrem and Zin. Apparently he gave up on his anger, and killed them for a ridiculous reason. Normally he would have only beaten the shit out of them, but he probably thought that killing Efrem was the best way to prove his father that he's really worthy, since just beating him wasn't enough. Then he realized what he did and broke, living constantly with their ghost in his mind.
And it's not something recent. Learning this, Siobhan first thought was that Zin could have been her mother, and that Nazazi killed her to be with Mina. Therefore it happened at least between her birth and the birth of the oldest of her sisters ; let's say around 18 years ago. But anyway one thing is sure, since Zin is Mina's sister, she was dead before Siobhan's third/fourth birthday, else she would have at least some blurry memories about her, and they would have came back once learning about her from Nazario.

Of course, Nazazi past the lead to Mina years later, partly because he wasn't the Head of the Family at this time, but not recently enough for it to fit the narrative:
  • Siobhan "And you guys think that sending me out on missions without protection will make me strong?"
  • Nazazi "Ha! We only wanted to make you think you weren't protected, to toughen you up a bit."
  • Nazazi "There were always people secretly protecting you. In honesty, I didn't think it would work with you. Weren't you supposed to be the smart one of the bunch? Seems you're not that smart after all."
  • Siobhan "Not surprised you don't know. You're always drunk."
  • Nazazi "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"
  • Siobhan "Someone told your 'secret' people to be so secret that they weren't even there. And since it wasn't you, I guess it must have been Mom."
    [the "it's mom fault because..." part]
  • Nazazi "Ridiculous! Just because you didn't see them, doesn't mean they weren't there!"
  • Siobhan "Then where were they when our enemies came for me? Mostly they don't dare approach me because of who I am. But twice now, my life has been in actual danger."
So, firstly it's not Siobhan who asked for those missions. She probably already wanted to leave the Family at this time.
Secondly, it seem clear that the guys where never there, not a single time. Else Siobhan would have said something among the line of "at first yes, but at first only". Hopes wouldn't have made such mistake. That he misuse a word time to time due to translation issues, yes. But that he totally mess up a dialog line, no, I can't believe it, especially not to this point.
Thirdly, Nazazi use "we" when he talk about this. It's not his decision, it's theirs. And personally I see it as "me and your mother". What make me wrong, there's no loyalty issue here, they just were never told to protect her.
He isn't this dysfunctional for all those "18" years, he gotten worse overtime, during that scene multiple times they allude to him being much more "active" in the past.
I think you are reading too much into that conversation, i don't subscribe to it being required to say that "they were there once" for it to not mean "they were never there"
After knowingly sending Eiza kill someone in the main house... I have difficulties believing that she was honest when she said that.
What doesn't mean that it's the Ombra. As I said, it's a plausible possibility accordingly to what we know about the story. But the truth, only Hopes know it.
Again with the Don back i don't see how she could make such an assault behind his his daughter's back.
Look at the windows exploding, and listen the sound FX, it's a good old shooting with assault rifles. And it's not the DeLuca firing back, we see Antonio avoiding a bullet near the end of the shooting. They clearly infiltrated the perimeter, up to the main house, and with assault rifles. And I really can't believe that they could have did that unnoticed unless it's a long time operation.

A sniper would have shoot once, then waited an opportunity to kill his next target. It's what is great with a sniper, one hour later you still can't be sure that he isn't here waiting for you to make the wrong move.
And why hit Gracie when he could have started with Cordia, Antonio or Luna, who are way more dangerous threats, especially after such attack. Personally, I would have targeted Antonio first. Due to where he is placed, Cordia would have become a perfect target when rushing to him. The DeLuca would have lost their Head and Capo Bastone the same day, being left with (seen from the outside) uninvolved Gracie, and crazy Luna to lead them. Gracie would have done a great job, but this only Wilfred and Cordia know it.
I am pretty sure that first shot was a sniper shot, from outside the perimeter for example, then they started to attack the guards, Why Gracie? it depends on their objective, Gracie is known as the Princess of the town, loved by everyone, if you want to send a real message that's who you go for
There's rules, and sneakily striking the main house goes against all those rules.
Lol rules are meant to be broken, they just mean there could be consequences if someone does it, and whoever is attacking doesn't seem to be much worried about consequences.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Good Defense Systems are built in layers, you don't ignore all other defense options just because you also have guards, They are a crime family, sooner or later there could be a war, in which case you want to be prepared, specially when you have a mansion full of windows it quickly becomes a weak point to be explored, as entry points as well, by having the windows bullet proof it makes all lower caliber weapons that would be most useful in an assault not effective against it, forcing the attackers to enter through the main doors limiting their choices, and making sure the Delucas are relatively safe inside, of course it wouldn't stop a armor penetrating 50 cal for example, but you can't make an army out of 50 cal guys.
I think Cordia answered the why already. She wants her home to be a home, not a bastion. She hates the dungeon in the basement, she hates when Antonio kills someone in the house and she wants to shield Gracie from the violence. And just acknowledging that one needs extra layers of protection might have made a younger Gracie feel less safe and less at home.

The real reason however imo is that it was unthinkable that anyone would attack their home outright. It has probably never happened before and now with hindsight it seems a bit too careless, but hindsight works like that with everything.

And lastly, bulletproof glass doesn't exist. There is only bullet resistant glass, which is graded ( as you pointed out yourself ) up to a certain caliber and grain. Against full auto it would've made no difference, but it's particularly good at stoping one or in this case the first bullet, so yes, unless the attacker would have known about any bullet resitant glass, Gracie probably would have been fine.

Reactions: c3p0

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Version: 0.09.0
This game is very complicated.
You take the 1 mission at the beginning of the game which is called The Contract.
Everywhere I went I got screwed, with the newsboy at the newsstand I already lose 1 point because I don't have charisma, with the hottie at the pool I lose 1 point because I don't have charisma.
Now how do you get a mission that only involves Charisma?!!!!
The DV of this game fixed so much in this game and didn't fix anything about the starting stat of the Mc, the guy is dumb with no intelligence, he can't get anything because he has no charisma, he can't get anything of value because he has no skill to sneak in the truth the Mc here is a zero to the left.
It's a losing game.
It should have a starting skill stat for things to work out right at first, but there isn't a MC stat box about Acquired Skills or something like that.:sick:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This game is very complicated.
You take the 1 mission at the beginning of the game which is called The Contract.
Everywhere I went I got screwed, with the newsboy at the newsstand I already lose 1 point because I don't have charisma, with the hottie at the pool I lose 1 point because I don't have charisma.
Now how do you get a mission that only involves Charisma?!!!!
The DV of this game fixed so much in this game and didn't fix anything about the starting stat of the Mc, the guy is dumb with no intelligence, he can't get anything because he has no charisma, he can't get anything of value because he has no skill to sneak in the truth the Mc here is a zero to the left.
It's a losing game.
It should have a starting skill stat for things to work out right at first, but there isn't a MC stat box about Acquired Skills or something like that.:sick:
Well, games like this usually do start out with too low stats to do everything (sometimes even anything) and part of the gameplay experience is getting your stats up so you can progress. If that ain't your cuppa, that's understandable, but it's nothing to be fixed.

Reactions: deuxrayme

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
I think Cordia answered the why already. She wants her home to be a home, not a bastion. She hates the dungeon in the basement, she hates when Antonio kills someone in the house and she wants to shield Gracie from the violence. And just acknowledging that one needs extra layers of protection might have made a younger Gracie feel less safe and less at home.

The real reason however imo is that it was unthinkable that anyone would attack their home outright. It has probably never happened before and now with hindsight it seems a bit too careless, but hindsight works like that with everything.

And lastly, bulletproof glass doesn't exist. There is only bullet resistant glass, which is graded ( as you pointed out yourself ) up to a certain caliber and grain. Against full auto it would've made no difference, but it's particularly good at stoping one or in this case the first bullet, so yes, unless the attacker would have known about any bullet resitant glass, Gracie probably would have been fine.
Even automatic fire would have a real hard time agaisnt bullet proof glass if its a good one, they would need to place around half a dozen shots on the same exact spot to pierce it, and even after being penetrated in one place it will still be strong enough to stop bullets around it and it becomes very hard to see through.
Now going back to Cordia, its hard, because we don't know enough about the past, if for example she moved to the mansion a long time ago during her more brutal days of constant fighting then if she had the money i don't see why she wouldn't do it, This "Deluca rules the whole town, there is no way people get close to the house" wasn't always the case i imagine.
Because its a house its not hard to disguise the glass, shouldn't make anything any more "bunker like" either.
Just searched and couldnt find an updated andriod verison. Is there still no way to play on android?
go here:
download the lattest version to your phone (there is a free one), then download the full pc version and play it, if its too large you could also use the compressed version.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The first shot is very clearly a sniper shot, you don't use an automatic rifle in single shot mode, then wait for everyone to take cover, switch to full auto and then start shooting again.
The first shot is clearly depicted in slow motion, so there's no way to tell if it was effectively a single shot or not. Not that it isn't one, but as the scene is presented to us, no one can say if Gracie was the target of a single shot, or if she was hit bit the opening shot.

As for the action order, look at the scene:
  • Gracie is shot
  • Cordia stand up and reach the angle of the table
  • The windows explode
  • Antonio rush to the windows
  • Luna jump over the table
At no time this depict the assailants waiting for them to take cover. Especially since Cordia never took cover.

And if you go by accoustics only, [...] I don't believe that that is relevant at all though, I think that's just a soundfile Hope used because it was available.
I agree on the fact that you can't base something on the analyze of the soundtrack ; at least not more that "there were automatics involved". Hopes used what he found that was the closest of what he had in mind, but I doubt that he would have used one with automatics fire, if he had in mind that there were none used at this time.
But I started by pointing the windows, because here it's 100% relevant to what Hopes wanted to depict, and either the assailants are fuckingly well coordinated, or it was a burst fire.

The one thing, that's not in doubt, is that Gracie was targeted. Single shot - center mass, there is no way that that was a coincidence or mistake.
You would be surprise how easily it is to have such hit by hazard. But I have a question for you: Why shot Gracie if it's not to kill her ?
Not that I already know that Gracie will survive (even if it's obvious, thanks to "TriaQuaedem"). No, I ask due to the fact that she was hit in the upper chest, on the neck alignment, by what you expect to be a sniper shot. It's the worse sniper ever that did this shot. Not only he didn't targeted the head, what will have ensured him that the target is dead, but he also completely missed the heart (not the right height, nor the right alignment).
Even if Hopes choose a random place for the hit, he must be really weak in biology if he believe that the heart is located somewhere near the place Gracie was hit ; there's near to a whole hand between the two.

[pure conjecture]
What happened right before the shot is that Luna played with the empty seat next to her, tilting it in her direction. Between her seat and this one, MC is now totally shielded. We see it clearly in the CG, anyone who had a line of sight on MC lost it at this instant and never get it back. We see the said seat knocked down to the ground, it fall when Luna removed her foot to jump over the table. And at this time MC was still near Gracie, totally hidden.
MC was the target, and since the assailant(s) goes this far, he/they had to open fire anyway. With chance they could still have an opening to fulfill the mission, and anyway it would send a message. It would also conceal the fact that it was an assassination attempt, by making it looks like a shooting.

And the full auto afterwards makes perfect sense too, it's to facilitate the escape. You hit your target and then spray and pray to use the confusion to get away.
It's the opposite, the shooting make absolutely no sense if it was a sniper shot and Gracie was the target.

You send a sniper to hit/kill a target. It's a guy alone, he will carry a rifle that he have the habit to disassemble/reassemble and to conceal, and he will need only one round. The barrel can perfectly be hidden inside a crutch, and someone needing crutch to walk will both attire the attention and feel as anything but a threat. Probability to be noticed while infiltrating the DeLuca territory: Really low.
Sniping need time, you wait for the target to be in place, then you wait until you have a good line of sight, and finally you wait until the wind favor you. The guy is hidden somewhere, and really well hidden because he expect to pass probably all the dinner waiting for the occasion, while not being sure at what time exactly the said dinner will starts. Probability to be noticed before the shot: Really low.
After a sniper have shot once, the only thing you know is that there's a sniper. Where is he ? Is he still here ? It's unknown and for the following times you stay cautious. Probability to be noticed after a single shot: Really low.
The record for a sniper hit is above two and half kilometers. Without going this far, the sniper can perfectly be at one kilometer from the target. Probability to be caught while leaving the operation zone after a long range shot: Really low.
While he love his rifle, a sniper don't need it once his mission accomplished. This mean that he can perfectly leave the town being nothing more than a civilian wandering hands in the pockets. Probability to be caught while leaving the operation zone after a short range shot: Low.

At the opposite, to have a bursts fire, it mean that you have an assault rifle in place of a rifle.
You don't snipe with such weapon, it lack of precision both in the aim and the shooting, and it have a too short efficient range. Elite shooters can hit at around 200 meters, but why use an assault rifle that will be harder to conceal if you are this far ?
Doing this with an assault rifle make no sense. You need to come closer, what increase the risk to be seen, and you'll have a lower accuracy, what lower the chance to have a fatal hit on your target.
But even in this case, if you're here to snipe, you make your shoot, drop your weapon and run while everyone is still wondering what happened. Is it really a shot that I heard ? Is it an attack or an accidental shot ? The further the person is from a single shot, the higher are the chance that he don't identify it as being a shot. Therefore, you'll have higher chance to leave the zone than if you stay and empty few clips before leaving, what will leave no doubt regarding what happened, in a more or less 500 meters radius.

I don't see Hopes, and his strong attention to details, make such mistake.

Furthermore, Antonio looking out the window and not seeing a shooter on full automatic that has breached the perimeter are slim to none.
Haven't you seen the property ? There's a two meters wall all around it and trees everywhere. You can't shoot the house if you aren't inside the property limits, or at really long range. And if you are inside the property limits, you have many possibilities to take cover.

I am pretty sure that first shot was a sniper shot, from outside the perimeter for example, then they started to attack the guards,
Same question that to TimHawk then, why bother with an attack on the house when you've a sniper somewhere ?
The sniper will hit the target and leave the zone without being noticed, and I don't see what shooting the house add to the message ; they already hit one of the heir, what stronger message is there than this one ?
At the opposite, adding an assault unit increase the risk to raise suspicion. If one member of this team isn't discrete enough, the DeLuca will search the town and risk to find your sniper before he complete his mission.

And of course, there's still the fact that it's a terribly bad shot for a sniper. The guy can hit an apple at 1Km, and missed by one hand the heart of an immobile target.

Lol rules are meant to be broken, [...]
Yet as Siobhan said, most of the time she was safe despite begin uncovered, because of who she is. Because yes, what she say matter, Hopes never choose his word randomly. It's parts of the reason why he need so much time between each updates, he take the time to write the lines as they have to be.
And you can also refer to Luna, who can shot someone in the leg and still be the one to whom goes the apologies. Or Luna and Gracie, that can be in the center of a massive assault that will fail precisely because it's out of question to risk hurting them.
Rules aren't so easily broken in the Mafia ; at least in the old fashioned one that Hopes use as reference. The only ones who broke them are those who stand outside of the Mafia... "them".

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
The first shot is clearly depicted in slow motion, so there's no way to tell if it was effectively a single shot or not. Not that it isn't one, but as the scene is presented to us, no one can say if Gracie was the target of a single shot, or if she was hit bit the opening shot.

As for the action order, look at the scene:
  • Gracie is shot
  • Cordia stand up and reach the angle of the table
  • The windows explode
  • Antonio rush to the windows
  • Luna jump over the table
At no time this depict the assailants waiting for them to take cover. Especially since Cordia never took cover.
I mean you kinda answered your own question, Gracie gets shot, Cordia stands up, THEN the windows explode. Automatic fire is X shots per SECOND, there is no standing up in between or rushing to a window before the 2nd, 3rd or 10th shot hits. X is only limited by the ammo capacity in this scenario, for reference an AK 47 has a fire rate of 600 rounds per minute. The first shot was a SINGLE AIMED shot, and if you can't see that from all that, then I can't help you any further.

You would be surprise how easily it is to have such hit by hazard. But I have a question for you: Why shot Gracie if it's not to kill her ?
No, I ask due to the fact that she was hit in the upper chest, on the neck alignment, by what you expect to be a sniper shot. It's the worse sniper ever that did this shot. Not only he didn't targeted the head, what will have ensured him that the target is dead, but he also completely missed the heart (not the right height, nor the right alignment).
Even if Hopes choose a random place for the hit, he must be really weak in biology if he believe that the heart is located somewhere near the place Gracie was hit ; there's near to a whole hand between the two.
Jesus there is a lot to go through.
Number one would be less video games and more reality. Military snipers get trained on Center mass shots, NOT headshots !!!
Number two its not Hope that needs an anatomy lesson but you.
fce6dd46a782bce9d31afd2f123eb229.png 644aa25ae650ef9c6ec8c5d0e8f99eb7.png

Hope pushed it to the absolute limit !!!
Number 3 do you know what Center mass shots are called in military jargon ? Kill shots !
Number 4 you said it yourself, Antonio ran to the window and we've seen the outside of the house, there is nothing but open fields and yet he has to guess who the attacker is, meaning he can't see him or her or them. So there must have been a certain distance between the attacker and the house, which again points to a long range precision rifle.

Literally everything Hope showed us in this scene points to the attacker using a sniper rifle, let alone the ridiculous coincidence it would take for a random, unaimed opening shot to hit gracie that close to her heart. Hope said he will hold an Q&A soon, ask him straight up if it was a sniper or not, if you really need any more clarification, but to me this is so obvious, there shouldn't even be a discussion. The answer shouln't be that much of a spoiler so maybe you get lucky and get an answer before the next update.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Or we can all accept that this is a Virtual Novel set in a fictual land and not get to bogged down with this......
But isn't it all about the intent? So, what is the intent of the shooter? And what is the intent of the bullet(s)? And, last but not least, what is the intent of the window(s)?

Come on, we can't be the only one that have hthis questions. ;)

Also you all do forget Wilfred. We assume, that he with the Gents are responsible for the safety of the main family. If not directly, then inderectly through his obligation towards his family.
Thus, we do hope for him, that he done some security evaluation on the mansion. That would mean, at least in our interpretation, that a frontal attack is highly unlikely. Therefore the only possible explanation would be a sniper.

Also let us not forget, that Mr. High Five has hit Gottardo with his sniper riffle several times during the rescue scene from the beginning.
So this won't benefit a lot from RL compares.

Another one would be Gracie. She took a bullet to the chest. Even if the heart isn't hit, her lungs are and she lost, at least, a lot of blood. We all assume that she will survive thanks to her plot amor. But in RL we would have our doubts.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes