anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The first shot is very clearly a sniper shot, you don't use an automatic rifle in single shot mode, then wait for everyone to take cover, switch to full auto and then start shooting again.
The first shot is clearly depicted in slow motion, so there's no way to tell if it was effectively a single shot or not. Not that it isn't one, but as the scene is presented to us, no one can say if Gracie was the target of a single shot, or if she was hit bit the opening shot.

As for the action order, look at the scene:
  • Gracie is shot
  • Cordia stand up and reach the angle of the table
  • The windows explode
  • Antonio rush to the windows
  • Luna jump over the table
At no time this depict the assailants waiting for them to take cover. Especially since Cordia never took cover.

And if you go by accoustics only, [...] I don't believe that that is relevant at all though, I think that's just a soundfile Hope used because it was available.
I agree on the fact that you can't base something on the analyze of the soundtrack ; at least not more that "there were automatics involved". Hopes used what he found that was the closest of what he had in mind, but I doubt that he would have used one with automatics fire, if he had in mind that there were none used at this time.
But I started by pointing the windows, because here it's 100% relevant to what Hopes wanted to depict, and either the assailants are fuckingly well coordinated, or it was a burst fire.

The one thing, that's not in doubt, is that Gracie was targeted. Single shot - center mass, there is no way that that was a coincidence or mistake.
You would be surprise how easily it is to have such hit by hazard. But I have a question for you: Why shot Gracie if it's not to kill her ?
Not that I already know that Gracie will survive (even if it's obvious, thanks to "TriaQuaedem"). No, I ask due to the fact that she was hit in the upper chest, on the neck alignment, by what you expect to be a sniper shot. It's the worse sniper ever that did this shot. Not only he didn't targeted the head, what will have ensured him that the target is dead, but he also completely missed the heart (not the right height, nor the right alignment).
Even if Hopes choose a random place for the hit, he must be really weak in biology if he believe that the heart is located somewhere near the place Gracie was hit ; there's near to a whole hand between the two.

[pure conjecture]
What happened right before the shot is that Luna played with the empty seat next to her, tilting it in her direction. Between her seat and this one, MC is now totally shielded. We see it clearly in the CG, anyone who had a line of sight on MC lost it at this instant and never get it back. We see the said seat knocked down to the ground, it fall when Luna removed her foot to jump over the table. And at this time MC was still near Gracie, totally hidden.
MC was the target, and since the assailant(s) goes this far, he/they had to open fire anyway. With chance they could still have an opening to fulfill the mission, and anyway it would send a message. It would also conceal the fact that it was an assassination attempt, by making it looks like a shooting.

And the full auto afterwards makes perfect sense too, it's to facilitate the escape. You hit your target and then spray and pray to use the confusion to get away.
It's the opposite, the shooting make absolutely no sense if it was a sniper shot and Gracie was the target.

You send a sniper to hit/kill a target. It's a guy alone, he will carry a rifle that he have the habit to disassemble/reassemble and to conceal, and he will need only one round. The barrel can perfectly be hidden inside a crutch, and someone needing crutch to walk will both attire the attention and feel as anything but a threat. Probability to be noticed while infiltrating the DeLuca territory: Really low.
Sniping need time, you wait for the target to be in place, then you wait until you have a good line of sight, and finally you wait until the wind favor you. The guy is hidden somewhere, and really well hidden because he expect to pass probably all the dinner waiting for the occasion, while not being sure at what time exactly the said dinner will starts. Probability to be noticed before the shot: Really low.
After a sniper have shot once, the only thing you know is that there's a sniper. Where is he ? Is he still here ? It's unknown and for the following times you stay cautious. Probability to be noticed after a single shot: Really low.
The record for a sniper hit is above two and half kilometers. Without going this far, the sniper can perfectly be at one kilometer from the target. Probability to be caught while leaving the operation zone after a long range shot: Really low.
While he love his rifle, a sniper don't need it once his mission accomplished. This mean that he can perfectly leave the town being nothing more than a civilian wandering hands in the pockets. Probability to be caught while leaving the operation zone after a short range shot: Low.

At the opposite, to have a bursts fire, it mean that you have an assault rifle in place of a rifle.
You don't snipe with such weapon, it lack of precision both in the aim and the shooting, and it have a too short efficient range. Elite shooters can hit at around 200 meters, but why use an assault rifle that will be harder to conceal if you are this far ?
Doing this with an assault rifle make no sense. You need to come closer, what increase the risk to be seen, and you'll have a lower accuracy, what lower the chance to have a fatal hit on your target.
But even in this case, if you're here to snipe, you make your shoot, drop your weapon and run while everyone is still wondering what happened. Is it really a shot that I heard ? Is it an attack or an accidental shot ? The further the person is from a single shot, the higher are the chance that he don't identify it as being a shot. Therefore, you'll have higher chance to leave the zone than if you stay and empty few clips before leaving, what will leave no doubt regarding what happened, in a more or less 500 meters radius.

I don't see Hopes, and his strong attention to details, make such mistake.

Furthermore, Antonio looking out the window and not seeing a shooter on full automatic that has breached the perimeter are slim to none.
Haven't you seen the property ? There's a two meters wall all around it and trees everywhere. You can't shoot the house if you aren't inside the property limits, or at really long range. And if you are inside the property limits, you have many possibilities to take cover.

I am pretty sure that first shot was a sniper shot, from outside the perimeter for example, then they started to attack the guards,
Same question that to TimHawk then, why bother with an attack on the house when you've a sniper somewhere ?
The sniper will hit the target and leave the zone without being noticed, and I don't see what shooting the house add to the message ; they already hit one of the heir, what stronger message is there than this one ?
At the opposite, adding an assault unit increase the risk to raise suspicion. If one member of this team isn't discrete enough, the DeLuca will search the town and risk to find your sniper before he complete his mission.

And of course, there's still the fact that it's a terribly bad shot for a sniper. The guy can hit an apple at 1Km, and missed by one hand the heart of an immobile target.

Lol rules are meant to be broken, [...]
Yet as Siobhan said, most of the time she was safe despite begin uncovered, because of who she is. Because yes, what she say matter, Hopes never choose his word randomly. It's parts of the reason why he need so much time between each updates, he take the time to write the lines as they have to be.
And you can also refer to Luna, who can shot someone in the leg and still be the one to whom goes the apologies. Or Luna and Gracie, that can be in the center of a massive assault that will fail precisely because it's out of question to risk hurting them.
Rules aren't so easily broken in the Mafia ; at least in the old fashioned one that Hopes use as reference. The only ones who broke them are those who stand outside of the Mafia... "them".

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
The first shot is clearly depicted in slow motion, so there's no way to tell if it was effectively a single shot or not. Not that it isn't one, but as the scene is presented to us, no one can say if Gracie was the target of a single shot, or if she was hit bit the opening shot.

As for the action order, look at the scene:
  • Gracie is shot
  • Cordia stand up and reach the angle of the table
  • The windows explode
  • Antonio rush to the windows
  • Luna jump over the table
At no time this depict the assailants waiting for them to take cover. Especially since Cordia never took cover.
I mean you kinda answered your own question, Gracie gets shot, Cordia stands up, THEN the windows explode. Automatic fire is X shots per SECOND, there is no standing up in between or rushing to a window before the 2nd, 3rd or 10th shot hits. X is only limited by the ammo capacity in this scenario, for reference an AK 47 has a fire rate of 600 rounds per minute. The first shot was a SINGLE AIMED shot, and if you can't see that from all that, then I can't help you any further.

You would be surprise how easily it is to have such hit by hazard. But I have a question for you: Why shot Gracie if it's not to kill her ?
No, I ask due to the fact that she was hit in the upper chest, on the neck alignment, by what you expect to be a sniper shot. It's the worse sniper ever that did this shot. Not only he didn't targeted the head, what will have ensured him that the target is dead, but he also completely missed the heart (not the right height, nor the right alignment).
Even if Hopes choose a random place for the hit, he must be really weak in biology if he believe that the heart is located somewhere near the place Gracie was hit ; there's near to a whole hand between the two.
Jesus there is a lot to go through.
Number one would be less video games and more reality. Military snipers get trained on Center mass shots, NOT headshots !!!
Number two its not Hope that needs an anatomy lesson but you.
fce6dd46a782bce9d31afd2f123eb229.png 644aa25ae650ef9c6ec8c5d0e8f99eb7.png

Hope pushed it to the absolute limit !!!
Number 3 do you know what Center mass shots are called in military jargon ? Kill shots !
Number 4 you said it yourself, Antonio ran to the window and we've seen the outside of the house, there is nothing but open fields and yet he has to guess who the attacker is, meaning he can't see him or her or them. So there must have been a certain distance between the attacker and the house, which again points to a long range precision rifle.

Literally everything Hope showed us in this scene points to the attacker using a sniper rifle, let alone the ridiculous coincidence it would take for a random, unaimed opening shot to hit gracie that close to her heart. Hope said he will hold an Q&A soon, ask him straight up if it was a sniper or not, if you really need any more clarification, but to me this is so obvious, there shouldn't even be a discussion. The answer shouln't be that much of a spoiler so maybe you get lucky and get an answer before the next update.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Or we can all accept that this is a Virtual Novel set in a fictual land and not get to bogged down with this......
But isn't it all about the intent? So, what is the intent of the shooter? And what is the intent of the bullet(s)? And, last but not least, what is the intent of the window(s)?

Come on, we can't be the only one that have hthis questions. ;)

Also you all do forget Wilfred. We assume, that he with the Gents are responsible for the safety of the main family. If not directly, then inderectly through his obligation towards his family.
Thus, we do hope for him, that he done some security evaluation on the mansion. That would mean, at least in our interpretation, that a frontal attack is highly unlikely. Therefore the only possible explanation would be a sniper.

Also let us not forget, that Mr. High Five has hit Gottardo with his sniper riffle several times during the rescue scene from the beginning.
So this won't benefit a lot from RL compares.

Another one would be Gracie. She took a bullet to the chest. Even if the heart isn't hit, her lungs are and she lost, at least, a lot of blood. We all assume that she will survive thanks to her plot amor. But in RL we would have our doubts.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
To be fair, most assault rifles can switch firing modes, semi\burst\full auto.
They are more than capable of firing a single aimed shot, then switching to full auto & unloading.
That's exactly my point !!! :D Almost all modern aussault rifles are capeable of doubeling as a sniper rifle these days, and imo an assault rifle is way more likely than a dedicated sniper rifle.

And it's not like it even matters anyway, wether a dedicated sniper rifle was used or a assault rilfe with a medium scope in semi auto mode. The first shot that hit Gracie was a single, aimed shot and not some voodoo coincidence miracle shot, that almost sniffed out Gracie's life candle.

Someone tried to kill Gracie!

Reactions: whichone

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Ha ha, it was just a few days back we were all discussing Luna's appeal being higher than the other 3 main girls, probably due to My Name Is Luna.
We said that Gracie needs a traumatic event for people to become protective of her, too.
Was expecting it to be associated with whatever took place in the woods, earlier in her life, but this could well do the job!
It's kinda funny, while I agree with everyone else that Luna is awesome, I always saw her more as a best friend for life than the "forever girl". My fav was always Isabel, granted there is that slight problem of Antonio, but I figured, that any day now I'm gonna hook Antonio up with Joey and voila....the path is free :D

• Haha
Reactions: whichone

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
For me, they are all my favourite, at their own respective times. Yeah, greedy, but totally justifiable. ;):ROFLMAO:
Isabel, in Fly White Bird, Fly, was stunning.
Oh yea no matter who you prefer of the 4, there can never be any losers. And cordia is still somewhat of an unknown at this point, I really wish for the next regular update Hope will listen and include some of those low render count but high impact events. Like we discussed earlier, Antonio knocking on the MC's door with a 6 pack and inviting the MC for a chat on the veranda, or Cordia knocking on the same door and inviting the MC for a walk around the house. I know Hope would absolutely nail those and give those characters so much more depth.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
For me, they are all my favourite, at their own respective times. Yeah, greedy, but totally justifiable. ;):ROFLMAO:
Isabel, in Fly White Bird, Fly, was stunning.

Not so sure about hooking Antonio up with Joey, I reckon Antonio can find a more memorable partner in his special bar... :ROFLMAO:
It might make for some awkward conversations, too. "Hi, I am Joey, we had sex last night." - "Didn't you die last week?"

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
It might make for some awkward conversations, too. "Hi, I am Joey, we had sex last night." - "Didn't you die last week?"
Fits perfectly with my plan ! They can rediscover each other each and every night ! If that isn't downright genius then I dunno... :D

Meanwhile my MC can discover every inch of Isabel's body ... win win if you ask me ...

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Hello fellow Tommy Vercettis, Luca Brasis and other made man,

I got an issue I'd like your advice on.

I can't advance the story because the requirements are apperantley not met
but I finished all Luna, Gracie and Isabelle events and the journal looks like that:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I already slept a gazillion times and went to all the rooms on all time of the days!

Did I break the game somehow?

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Looking at the image, you need to complete My Name Is Luna (where she's a child), then you can complete Story 10: I Love You, My Son, then What Is Truly Weak Is Truly Strong, then Unofficial Boss.
Thanks for the reply. I already had the scenes where Luna tells the MC about her abduction.
______
Edit:

Hm...made a playthrough without the contracts and in my game with contracts the rescue mission did not happen / trigger.

Last edited:

Aiden619

Jan 7, 2021
Updated it for 0.09

- Game Version : 0.09.0
- Mod Version : 0.09.0b

Features:

Unlocked Gallery
• Money Cheat
• Skill Cheat
• Love Cheat
• Rename Mc

ps: not mine you can all thank BrandyYT for the original, i just updated it
This doesnt seems to work.... was looking forward to see the Isabel Scene...

JerryC

Mar 5, 2019
Hello guys, not sure if a bug or something wrong with my saves, but I got to the last scene with Gracie, and Isabelle acts like we're doing things when she sees us. I have two paths, and this is definitely the friendship one as you can see on the screenshot. Then in the next "main event" scene in her room it turns lewd. Is it a bug or are my saves screwed somehow?

lavilao

Nov 8, 2020
Hello guys, not sure if a bug or something wrong with my saves, but I got to the last scene with Gracie, and Isabelle acts like we're doing things when she sees us. I have two paths, and this is definitely the friendship one as you can see on the screenshot. Then in the next "main event" scene in her room it turns lewd. Is it a bug or are my saves screwed somehow?

Hi, me and other people are having the same problem. According to one there is no reference in the game code to the friendship route so the best advice I can give you is to avoid that event until the next update.

Reactions: JerryC
4.40 star(s) 495 Votes