Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
The guide is still useful for pursuing the women although most answers are pretty obvious. I thought Paco made a new guide that got rid of what was no longer relevant. Either I'm mistaken or it was never linked to the OP. No walkthrough mod but I don't think one is really needed for this game.
He did?
That's news to me :unsure: (I remember him making a custom DeLuca sig, but a guide, it's the first time I'm hearing it), and I only remember whichone doing the Contracts guide.

If he (Paco) did, he uploaded it while I was offline and I didn't know about it (if I knew about it, I would have asked the moderators to link it to OP).
I still working on it, but I've made several changes, just to scrap them later (too many spoilers), so, I decided to wait the finish of season 1 to put all the pieces together. Plus, if the plan is just a guide, not a walkthrough (for me, that will kill the story experience for the player) the guide cannot spill all the beans ("don't be a lazy bastard and play, goddamit"). At the end, it will be very similar to RedKnight's version, just updated.

Since the first source of questions in thread are missions and contracts, I put my focus on that, giving all credit to you guys who always help the people to navigate on Delucas universe.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
JJJ84 - Last thing I saw from Paco Loco about it, was a while back. See here.
This was his first update. IDK if more was done.
Yeah, I totally missed that.
Thanks for linking it.

I still working on it, but I've made several changes, just to scrap them later (too many spoilers), so, I decided to wait the finish of season 1 to put all the pieces together. Plus, if the plan is just a guide, not a walkthrough (for me, that will kill the story experience for the player). At the end, it will be very similar to RedKnight's version, just updated.

Since the first source of questions in thread are missions and contracts, I put my focus on that, giving all credit to you guys who always help the people to navigate on Delucas universe.
I'd imagine it will be a challenge for you because looking at RedKnight's outdated version of the guide, I think even that spoils the story (well to the complete newbies) cause he gives descriptions of the event (and he gives a lot of plot summary).

Perhaps if you're wary of the whole spoilers, if might be easier to do a Guide like this format (it's for the game Eternum on that game's thread), just one dialogue line at the choices and all choices present, with what effects what?:

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/01/2356471_EternumWTv0.5.pdf

I dunno, just my two cents on the matter, but I'm sure you'll figure something out.

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018
Besides, I still have some questions about how some elements will work in the story at the end of season 1 (the 'Morality' stat, for starters - already mentioned by JJJ's in thread), because even Hopes was not sure if he keeps or leave it, since the Morality status doesn't seems to affect the story, and this is one of the sources of ruckus between some people ("the choices doesn't matter").

Last edited:
Reactions: JJJ84
Sep 13, 2020
Thanks for linking it.

I'd imagine it will be a challenge for you because looking at RedKnight's outdated version of the guide, I think even that spoils the story (well to the complete newbies) cause he gives descriptions of the event (and he gives a lot of plot summary).

Perhaps if you're wary of the whole spoilers, if might be easier to do a Guide like this format (it's for the game Eternum on that game's thread), just one dialogue line at the choices and all choices present, with what effects what?:

I dunno, just my two cents on the matter, but I'm sure you'll figure something out.
Eternum style guide wouldn't be bad for this game

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Thanks for linking it.
np (y)
Yeah, The Seven Realms WT is like that, too.
Doesn't offer any info, other than detail the choices & their impact.
All other dialogue, or in-game info, is excluded.
Besides, I still have some questions about how some elements will work in the story at the end of season 1 (the 'Morality' stat, for starters - already mentioned by JJJ's in thread), because even Hopes was not sure if he keeps or leave, since the Morality status doesn't seems to affect the story, and this is one of the sources of ruckus between some people ("the choices doesn't matter").
For that, I'd suggest keeping note of dialogue choices which affect it (& how), but just state in the guide that it has no current effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJJ84 and Paco Loco

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Besides, I still have some questions about how some elements will work in the story at the end of season 1 (the 'Morality' stat, for starters - already mentioned by JJJ's in thread), because even Hopes was not sure if he keeps or leave, since the Morality status doesn't seems to affect the story, and this is one of the sources of ruckus between some people ("the choices doesn't matter").
Yeah, from what I can tell, there still exists the Purple Hearts for the characters (like Wilfred, Antonio, the Four Serpents), and last I asked questions about it to Hopes, he was unsure about keeping it on, and seemed to be leaning towards scrapping the Purple Hearts (and just keeping the LIs' Red Hearts).

But I'd imagine that won't be solidified until he finalizes everything for his DeLuca season 1's Steam release.
So you might want to wait for him on that also (don't wanna add that to your guide, only for it to be scrapped lol).

Reactions: Paco Loco

Paco Loco

Dec 27, 2018

np (y)

Yeah, The Seven Realms WT is like that, too.
Doesn't offer any info, other than detail the choices & their impact.
All other dialogue, or in-game info, is excluded.

For that, I'd suggest keeping note of dialogue choices which affect it (& how), but just state in the guide that it has no current effect.
Damn! I didn't even played those games. (OK, focus! :ROFLMAO:)

The first (Eternum) seems to be a 'traditional' walkthrough - where you gather your points and whatnot.

The second (Seven Realms) looks more like a guide to me - in Delucas, there are not only points related to MC's behavior (points gathered with the girls and other NPCs, but equipment stats and combat/on mission stats, wich is what defines success or fail in contracts/missions). From my perspective, it fits more with a Delucas guide. Plus, I Hope Hopes don't change many things on this matter, because if he does, all of that will go to wasteland! o_O

However, I'll use those two, and RedKnight's, and the code, and steal some tea from Cordia before release it. Thanks guys.

sergop

Jul 24, 2017
Is there any difference in the content based on the gameplay you selected? I know that you can accept missions and buy stuff but apart from that if you select vn are there any stories that you would miss? If there are is it like a repeatable mission that doesn't affect the main story or actual good side story that you might want to learn?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Is there any difference in the content based on the gameplay you selected? I know that you can accept missions and buy stuff but apart from that if you select vn are there any stories that you would miss? If there are is it like a repeatable mission that doesn't affect the main story or actual good side story that you might want to learn?
The game has 3 modes:

- "Full Experience" (always comes first in terms of content, given it's the priority); i.e. FullExp
- "Only Story + Freeroaming" (wasn't available before, but now it is); i.e. OnlyS
- "VN-mode" (not available yet); i.e. VN

I'm assuming you're asking the difference between FullExp & OnlyS
I'm basically a FullExp player, but from what I understand, there are some things with OnlyS that you may miss out, due to not choosing the FullExp; i.e. Wilfred's Contracts.

For instance, several side stories which feature characters who appear in either the main story (Amita, Amata, with "The Delivery Boy contract and they appear in "What is Truly weak is Truly Strong" main event), as well as girls lewd/freeroam events (Lelianna who with "The Snooping Bonans" & "The Bonanzo Meeting" contracts does make an appearance in "Fly White Bird, Fly" Isabel event).

Should you choose OnlyS, you'll miss the backstory of how MC's relationship is with these characters.
But even with ones which doesn't have main story characters in them, there are some ones which are really worth is, like "The Painter" contract.

• Red Heart
Reactions: sergop

alex12121212

Sep 10, 2018
Got this error when I tried to save.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1102, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 415, in save
    reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 401, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'function'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.function failed

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The DeLuca Family 0.09.0
Fri Mar 24 23:05:08 2023

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
hello

why the game is not translate in french with setting french language ?
All translation work on the game are done by volunteers.
Not translating in French would likely mean people who worked on French translation abandoned it.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes