Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
Uh, that we saw. There's only so much graphic stuff you can put into a game and still have it be accepted on Patreon, or even here for that matter.
Good reasoning, actually. And even so, we are told that the worst she went through is beating, occasional killing and electrified cage. Tldr; everyday life in Syria or Afganistan. Granted, no electricity there.

Been there, saw that.

I can't recall too many instances of children being kidnapped, forced to stay unwashed, probably full of piss/shit, in unclean electrified cells, starved / semi-starved, made to kill their fathers, regularly slaughter cute animals with their bare hands / sharp implements, beaten / made to fight, betrayed by their only friends, and then shoved into an even smaller electrified cage where they couldn't stretch out just so they could endure more abuse for a while before suddenly being released.
Buddy, I would love to live in your world of happy unicorns. You basically described a very good day for a recruit of ISIS or any other organization on Middle East now. Good half of world population live in such/a bit better conditions. Deal with it.

Luna was unlucky enough to be born as a heir to criminal family. Such experience is coming in the package.

Not that it makes a game any less enjoyable, simply less realistic. Seriously, from the moment I learned that main hero becomes a recruit to a criminal family, he became a lost cause. Can't feel any sympathy to him or other characters whatsoever.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Dude, main hero is a criminal, not Punisher. It just does not make sense for a player to root for him (or compare them) at this point. The main source of revenue for the main hero, as well as his organization, is professional crime - aka extortion, assault, robbery, kidnapping and hostage taking on a large scale. One can not blame others for what he is doing himself.

None of the characters of the game is causing sympathy at this point.

Professional crime is not a pretty or romantic thing. It is dirty, bloody and tiresome routine.
I don't know how you can say that, especially with Luna. She was kidnapped, tortured and basically mentally destroyed as a young kid. What she is as an adult is directly a result of those events.

What happened to her is in no way shape or form her fault.

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know how you can say that, especially when with Luna. She was kidnapped, tortured and basically mentally destroyed as a young kid. What she does as an adult is directly a result of those events.
She went through shit, directly connected with her family's main source of revenue, and proudly embraced her family duty right after that. One might think that after being kidnapped she would not join an organization that use "hostage situation" as a part of normal routine - but alas. She did.

I understand why she did what she did. It does not make her any more sympathetic. I saw (in reality) guys, that went though the concentration camps at her age. I had not found many nazi among them.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I don't know how you can say that, especially with Luna. She was kidnapped, tortured and basically mentally destroyed as a young kid. What she is as an adult is directly a result of those events.

What happened to her is in no way shape or form her fault.
Honestly, if any of us went through what she went through, even as adults, we may end up the same way as she is or break down and off ourselves, because that goes beyond something the human mind can handle.

Reactions: youngethan

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, if any of us went through what she went through, even as adults, we may end up the same way as she is or break down and off ourselves, because that goes beyond something the human mind can handle.
It does not. Shittone of cases from world war 2 (as an old example, sieged Leningrad/Auschwitz experience was far worse, honestly) as well as today reality from Middle East proves, that people can handle far more than you give them credit for. Just google for Kurdish children, that survived the Saddams genocide. I met them - pretty nice people.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
It does not. Shittone of cases from world war 2 (as an old example, sieged Leningrad/Auschwitz experience was far worse, honestly) as well as today reality from Middle East proves, that people can handle far more than you give them credit for. Just google for Kurdish children, that survived the Saddams genocide. I met them - pretty nice people.
There's a major difference between what they did at concentration camps and what Luna went through, especially as a child, and also, MANY people in those concentration camps who survived suffered from massive ptsd for the rest of their lives, unable to move past what happened, and as we see in modern times, people with ptsd tend to relieve the terrible events constantly, to the point that over half of them end up kill others or themselves.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Buddy, I would love to live in your world of happy unicorns. You basically described a very good day for a recruit of ISIS or any other organization on Middle East now. Good half of world population live in such/a bit better conditions. Deal with it.
Yeah, but see, they aren't in that shithole, nor was she an ISIS recruit at age 6 or whatever it was. She was taken from a happy home where she was literally treated like a princess and shoved into a very unpleasant situation.

Also, I'm well aware of the conditions some people "live" in, and for the most part, it's a mess of their own making because they just accept that shit instead of murdering their way out of it with a rock or something.

Also also : this is the first time I've EVER laughed because someone thought I lived in a world of happy unicorns. Thanks for that.

Reactions: Haast

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, but see, they aren't in that shithole, nor was she an ISIS recruit at age 6 or whatever it was. She was taken from a happy home where she was literally treated like a princess and shoved into a very unpleasant situation.

Also, I'm well aware of the conditions some people "live" in, and for the most part, it's a mess of their own making because they just accept that shit instead of murdering their way out of it with a rock or something.

Also also : this is the first time I've EVER laughed because someone thought I lived in a world of happy unicorns. Thanks for that.
its like he's ignoring the facts you mentioned as well as how she was forced to murder an animal she somewhat raised, forced to watch her friend die and then get carried away, forced to kill her own father, get stabbed by someone she came to trust, and then end up confined in almost complete isolation living in a cage so small, most dogs wouldn't be able to stay in, and all at the age of 6-7.

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
its like he's ignoring the facts you mentioned as well as how she was forced to murder an animal she somewhat raised, forced to watch her friend die and then get carried away, forced to kill her own father, get stabbed by someone she came to trust, and then end up confined in almost complete isolation living in a cage so small, most dogs wouldn't be able to stay in, and all at the age of 6-7.

Again, a good day by ISIS measures. To kill little animals is like classic of all times. Kill other children - a bit wasteful, but fine if you are going for quality, not quantity of cannon fodder. Kill a father? Takes a lot of resources, but if both are captured - completely fair game and quiet common. Seriously, nothing you describe is anywhere close to a true shithole.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I am actually kurdish heh. I've been through some hardcore stuff! Okay was born in Denmark so not really anything like those that live in war zones. I did get hit by a ping pong bat once by an accident. That was pretty hardcore. I cried.

Btw, last day of the stream.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Btw, I will be in the chat during the stream.
Come and join to watch with me. I also answer whatever (non spoilery) stuff you want about the game.
here's my question, in a game of go fish, who wins between all the characters and how?

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
When I finished making the content for the update.
Won't do any eta's. People go cray cray with those
sad but true, if a creator isn't finished when they say, everyone freaks out and says how terrible the creator is, even though they're working their asses off to create a solid game.

Reactions: johnelros
4.40 star(s) 492 Votes